Remote ui ux Jobs in February 2020
18 Remote ui ux Jobs in February 2020Post a job
We are looking for a developer to help with planning, design, coding, and management of other development resources.
Our company has created a tool built on the architecture below which has already been well received, but we have a lot of features which will take it much further.
You would be working with a team primarily in the US with some offshore development resources.
We're looking for someone who can meet as many of the skills/experience-sets below as possible. They are listed in order of importance to us.
Product Design Experience
QA and Debugging Experience
UX/UI Design Experience
Some experience with managing team-members/delegating tasks
Data Visualization in web interfaces
Linux (CentOS 7+) Familiarity
Experience working with 3rd Party APIs/SDKs for data gathering
Experience with big data system design, data processing/munging, and architecture
Experience with Jira / Confluence
All candidates must be:
Able to work as a member of a remote team. NVISNx has team members all across the US, and we rely on strong communication and organization skills of each person to function effectively.
Self starting. We don't have a heavy hierarchy, so team members must be able to keep themselves tasked, and working towards our collective goals.
Able to work as needed on a PST schedule to ensure most overlap of time to work and collaborate.
Able to show that they are authorized to work in the United States.
Front-End = Angular, D3js
Back-End = Django
Settings/Conf = MongoDB
Connectors = Python + Redis + Tika
Data Collection Storage = Elasticsearch
How to apply
Email your resume to [email protected]
The Full Stack Web Developer (FSD) will be responsible for designing and developing a web-based biomechanics analysis platform tailored specifically for the company’s markerless motion capture and video data. The aim of this project is to develop a web-based platform, accessed through the company’s website, to aid front office personnel, coaching staff, and players in the analysis, visualization, and reporting of KinaTrax’s data. Additionally, the FSD will support future web development initiatives of the company.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The FSD performs the major functions listed below. The position may require additional duties/responsibilities that may not be outlined below, and specific functions are subject to change.
Designing and developing a web-based biomechanical analysis platform tailored specifically for use with the company’s markerless motion capture and video data.
Developing front end website architectures.
Designing user interactions on web pages.
Developing back end website applications.
Creating servers and databases for functionality.
Ensuring cross-platform optimization for mobile devices.
Ensuring responsiveness of applications.
Working alongside biomechanists and data scientists for core functionality.
Working alongside graphic designers for web design features.
Designing and developing APIs.
Troubleshooting, debugging, and upgrading software.
Designing and developing security and data protection measures.
Seeing through a project from conception to finished product.
Meeting both technical and consumer needs.
Writing technical documentation.
Staying abreast of developments in web technology.
Supporting the company’s future web development initiatives.
Designing and developing unit tests.
Participating in code reviews.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
The following qualifications are the minimum requirements necessary to successfully perform this role. However, any equivalent combination of experience, education and training, which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities, would be acceptable, subject to any legal and/or regulatory requirements.
Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent disciplines.
Proficiency with ASP.NET Core and familiarity with other server-side languages such as Python, Ruby, Java, and PHP.
Proficiency with MySQL and familiarity with other database technologies such as MSSQL, Oracle and MongoDB.
Proficiency with Microsoft Visual Studio.
Proficiency with web servers, such as IIS and Apache, and UI/UX design.
Experience in software engineering practices, including but not limited to software design and implementation, unit testing, code reviews, continuous integration, source control, and coding standards compliance.
Experience with Git is preferred.
Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a solution-based service process.
Experience troubleshooting and responding to customer concerns.
Proven record of being reliable and accountable for all aspects of their job.
Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical issues in an easy to understand manner.
Ability to work in a fast-paced, self-directed, entrepreneurial environment.
Resourceful, with the ability to work independently.
Strong time management skills.
Ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
Decision-making, problem resolution and creative thinking skills.
Attention to detail.
Ability to multi-task activities with shifting priorities. Able to work productively in a pressurized environment.
Ethical and trustworthy.
Extended periods of computer usage.
Occasional travel to meet with clients.
None required. Remote work.
KinaTrax develops a markerless motion capture system that analyzes the motions of a baseball pitcher and hitter in-game. The system is installed in more than 24 ballparks throughout the country, and is utilized by multiple professional baseball teams for the purposes of assessing and enhancing player performance and preventing injuries. The company was founded in 2015 and is headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida.
Compensation: $80,000 – $120,000
Benefits: Health Insurance, Retirement plan
Experience: Senior level
Functions: Full Stack Web Development
Industries: Biomechanics, Baseball
At Olo we develop an online food ordering platform used by many of the country’s largest restaurant chains, reaching millions of consumers. Chances are if you’ve ordered directly from a restaurant brand’s app or website, we’ve made that happen. Mobile ordering and payments is an exciting and active industry full of interesting players and yet still a relatively untapped market ripe for disruption.
Olo is revolutionizing the customer experience at these restaurant chains, and we're looking for talented engineers to join our team and help achieve this vision. As part of the team you will work on our Xamarin iOS and Android apps, playing a significant and visible role in driving forward one of the most advanced food ordering platforms in the market.
You'll work with a smart, passionate team dedicated to delivering amazing products using modern tools and technologies such as Xamarin, AppCenter, GitHub, Azure Pipelines, and more.
Any engineer may work at Olo’s headquarters in New York City’s Financial District or remotely from anywhere in the U.S. In fact, more than half of our engineering team (and Olo) is remote!
- Strong knowledge of Xamarin Native and C#/.Net development
- Experience integrating apps with web services
- Solid understanding of object-oriented design and patterns
- Experience designing quality mobile UI/UX
- Adept at writing unit tests and testable code, and working under distributed version control (preferably Git)
- Excited about mobile technology
- A passion for computing that extends beyond work
- Experience with Mobile Accessibility
- Working knowledge of Mvvm pattern
- Experience working with AppCenter
- Experience working with Azure Pipelines
- Hands on experience with publishing apps in App Store Connect or Google Play Store
- Experience with Automated UI Testing frameworks
Olo powers digital ordering and delivery programs that connect restaurant brands to the on-demand world, placing orders directly into the restaurant through all order origination points – from a brand’s own website or app, third party marketplaces, social media platforms, smart speakers, and home assistants. Olo serves as the on-demand ordering and delivery platform across 70,000 locations for over 300 brands, such as Applebee’s, Checkers & Rally’s, Cheesecake Factory, Chili’s, Dairy Queen, Denny’s, Five Guys Burgers & Fries, Jamba Juice, Noodles & Company, Portillo’s Hot Dogs, Shake Shack, sweetgreen, Wingstop, and more. Learn more at www.olo.com.
Olo is located on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center. We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of Paid Time Off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan, and perks like FitBits, rotating craft beers on tap in our kitchen, and food events featuring our clients' menu items (now you know why we give out FitBits!). Check out our culture map: https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
We encourage you to apply!
At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are consistently underrepresented across the tech sector and we are fully committed to doing our part to move the needle.
Olo is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is highly valued at our company. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you like what you read, hear, and/or know about Olo, and want to be a part of our team, please do not hesitate to apply! We are excited to hear from you!
Fairwinds (fairwinds.com), a leader in Kubernetes managed services and software, is seeking a frontend engineer with UX and design skills.
You will be joining our first full-time development team, as part of a larger initiative to build our first commercial software offering. As one of the very first developers at Fairwinds, you’ll have ample opportunity for personal and professional growth as we ramp up our ability to serve the rapidly expanding Kubernetes market. You’ll work with a team to design, scope and execute new features.
We work with Vue, Sass, Pug, Babel, Go, and Python. Experience in one or more of these technologies is preferred.
Above technical skills, we value a candidate’s:
- Ability to iterate quickly and adapt to change
- Ability to both work independently and collaborate with a team
- Desire to contribute creatively to the product roadmap and user experience
- Desire to learn new technologies in a rapidly evolving ecosystem
Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Everything our engineering team does is guided by our core values: Respect, Inclusion, Compassion, and Kindness. We are good to each other and say ‘We don’t do that here,’ when someone is out of line. We also value diversity in our team. To us, a diverse team means we welcome people from different races, generations, geographical locations, gender minorities, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, individuals with disabilities and veterans. Building a diverse team is a moral imperative and we build a better business and product by bringing different perspectives to the table. We look for voices unlike our own because they are the ones that help us grow.
Effin Amazing, a kick-ass Marketing Technology, and Marketing Analytics consultancy, is in search of a Senior UX Designer, Front End Developer with a passion for design, marketing, Wordpress & front end development.
We support businesses with analytics, marketing automation, customer data platforms, data piping, websites, AB testing and all sorts of marketing operations. As we derive insights from these technical efforts, we also inform growth strategies that routinely move the needle for our clients.
Our track record is impeccable, and our leadership has supported some of the fastest-growing companies in the world. Effin Amazing’s core client base sells online and has complex data and marketing practices that drive our team to dig deeper every day.
This is a high-impact role that works closely with Effin Amazing’s clients. You will be working in an entrepreneurial, start-up environment where deadlines and time management are a must. This is a senior-level role, and we are looking for a curious, highly communicative, hard working peer to join us in our dedicated effort to be the best marketing technology consultancy there is.
The Designer/Developer we hire will have strong experience in Wordpress theme building and plugin development. You will develop, launch, and maintain websites and systems for our growing client base. They will also be a great designer who will apply their passion for brand, craft and design fideltiy to guide the design process to create delightful high converting digital experiences.
The successful candidate will demonstrate proficiency in design, development and programming. They will be able to make a meaningful contribution from day one and will be comfortable working with team members of all levels and departments within the organization. You will be willing to share your questions, opinions and insights with clients and teams in order to affect decision making and solutions. You will be challenged on a daily basis to solve problems in a new and creative way as we continually add new products and services to the company.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
At least 1 years of experience working from home/Remote
At least 6 years of experience with UX/UI Design (Photoshop, Skitch, Illustrator)
At least 6 years of experience with building WordPress themes and WordPress plugin development. Experience with WordPress Network Sites is a plus.
Ability to write clean code and follow coding standards
Ability to work in a team setting and able to adapt at a moment's notice.
Develop and maintain complex WordPress-based applications
Implement complex features using modern PHP code and patterns while following standards
Develop in WordPress widgets, plugins, custom post types, and page templates.
Comprehensive understanding of what it takes to write secure and performant code
Proven expertise of Object Oriented Principles, software development life cycle, and best practices.
Experience with continuous integration and automated deployment pipelines
Experience using Git
Mixpanel, Amplitude, and Segment
Google Tag Manager
Optimizely, VWO or Google Optimize
Experience building marketing landing pages
Quick learner that can adapt to an ever-changing startup environment
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Excellent communication skills (speaking, listening, and writing)
Positive and energetic personality
Fearless with a willingness to try new ideas and concepts
Organized, efficient, and ready to get stuff done
Autonomous and driven
Scrappy and resourceful
Benefits of Working for Effin Amazing
Radically Transparent workplace
Training from some of the best in the business
Ample opportunity to implement your ideas and suggestions
Become a thought leader in the marketing technology community
Build products with us
Work from Home
At Namaste, your ideas can become fantastic products in no time. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there is no limit to what we can accomplish together
Do you love crafting elegant solutions and solving highly complex challenges?
Can you see the importance of every detail?
We’re a diverse community of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining our products, systems, and practices to help people do what they love in new ways. This is a deeply reciprocal place, where everything we build is the result of people in different roles and teams working together to make each other’s ideas stronger. That same real passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices, strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it.
Our Marketplace squad is building the next generation of cannabis online platform. We operate several micro-services to handle customers’ information, orders and suppliers, fulfillment statuses, product details, inventory management, and payment gateways.
We are looking for a motivated Product Designer, specialised in Design Systems to help us develop new features and continue to maintain a high level of quality for the existing ones.
If you are comfortable working in an exciting environment with rapidly changing priorities, if you are creative and inspired to invent new ways to help design amazing products that customers love, please join us! We would really love to work with you!
As a Senior Product designer, you will work together with designers, researchers and strategists on solving design challenges by creating high fidelity designs and prototypes of features or new products and carry them through sign-off with stake holders as well as QA with engineering.
Track record of creating meaningful digital experiences for top brands, in-house or agency, ideally with an eCommerce focus.
Understanding of platforms and devices and how they relate to design, a good understanding of front-end coding standards and limitations, coding knowledge a plus.
Experience working with Design Systems and modern UI design tools (Sketch/Libraries, Abstract, InVision, Zeplin etc.).
A deep understanding of the end to end iterative UX process (personas, scenarios, wireframing, and high fidelity visuals).
A passion for solving design problems while – owning all facets of design (strategy, art direction, interaction design and research).
Exceptional UI abilities, a keen eye for good design shown and an extensive portfolio of live projects.
What we offer:
Fully remote and highly talented distributed team.
Working on great tech stack with cutting edge technologies.
Product company with a long-term vision.
Competitive salary depending on the relative work experience.
Project exposure and ownership that impacts our users, product, and business.
Challenging technical tasks, fast learning cycles, and meaningful feedback.
We thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at Namaste Technologies. Please note, only the candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Namaste Technologies welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
This position is remote.Responsibilities
Designer, Product StrategyResponsibilities
- Create interactive prototypes of the future; telling a story that conveys our vision and strategy.
- Cut down moonshots into iterable issues; deliver first MVCs.
- Help to define and improve the interface and experience of GitLab.
- Design features that fit within the larger experience and flows.
- Create deliverables (wireframes, mockups, prototypes, flows, etc.) to communicate ideas.
- Work with Product Managers and Engineers to iterate on and refine the existing experience.
- Involve UX Researchers when needed, and help them define research initiatives (usability tests, surveys, interviews, etc.).
- Stay informed and share the latest on UI/UX techniques, tools, and patterns.
- Understand responsive design and best practices.
- Have knowledge and understanding of design systems theory and practice.
- Have a general knowledge of Git flow (feature branching, etc.), merge/pull requests, pipelines, and code testing.
Senior Product Designer
- Deeply understand the technology and features of the stage group to which you are assigned.
- Actively evaluate and incorporate feedback from UX Research, and conduct evaluative research with guidance from the UX Research Team and/or Senior Product Designers.
- Help create strategic deliverables like journey maps, storyboards, competitive analyses, and personas.
- Create well-designed tactical deliverables, like wireframes and prototypes, to communicate your ideas.
- Proactively identify both small and large usability issues within your stage group.
- Participate in Design Reviews, giving and receiving feedback in an appropriate way.
- Actively contribute to the [Pajamas Design System][pajamas].
- Break down designs to fit within the monthly release cadence, engage your team to review designs early and often, and productively iterate across milestones. Prioritize your tasks, even when deadlines seem overwhelming, and ask for help, as needed.
- Participate in and help drive product discovery to generate ideas for features and improvements.
- Take part in the monthly release process by reviewing and approving UX implementations.
Everything in the Product Designer role, plus:
- Have working knowledge of the end-to-end GitLab product.
- Proactively identify strategic UX needs within your stage group, and engage other Product Designers within your stage group to help you create deliverables like journey maps, storyboards, competitive analyses, and personas.
- Proactively identify both small and large usability issues within your stage group, and help influence your Product Manager to prioritize them.
- Proactively identify user research needs, and conduct evaluative research with guidance from the UX Research team.
- Broadly communicate the results of UX activities within your stage group to the UX department, cross-functional partners within your stage group, and other interested GitLab team-members using clear language that simplifies complexity.
- Mentor other members of the UX department, both inside and outside of your stage group.
- Engage in social media efforts, including writing blog articles, giving talks, and responding on Twitter, as appropriate.
- Interview potential UX candidates.
- Interactive prototypes created
- Moonshots landed
More job information, including pay can be found on the Product Strategy Job Family Page.
What is Pathrise?
Pathrise (YC W18) is an online program for tech professionals that provides 1-on-1 mentorship, training and advice to help you land your next job. On top of that, we're built around aligned incentives. You only pay if you succeed in getting hired and start work at a high-paying job first.
Everyday we are expanding our team and our services. We are looking for sharp, scrappy and fun individuals who are ready to jump in (head first) into a new role with us. We are a small team and we love working together to improve our fellows chances of getting the job of their dreams! If this sounds like something you'd be interested in we want to talk to you.
We seek to uplift job seekers in their careers and help them fulfill their hopes, ambitions and livelihoods. Read more about why we’re driven to do this in our manifesto.
Working for Pathrise is a great opportunity to work with our tight knit engineering, product, and design teams to improve the future of career services by helping to build the education platform and curriculum that supports our fellows. A large portion of this role will also be handling admissions, mentoring, instruction and other curriculum processes in a “teaching assistant” type position. It will be a combination of functional work and supporting the instruction staff. Depending on each candidate’s qualifications, this position could also be approached as a contract or contract-to-hire role as well.
What you'll do
Design a centralized LMS/accountability web-based platform to optimize all of the custom workflows we have with Pathrise fellows
Ideating, scoping, and prioritizing new product features that are high value
Working closely with growth to build optimal marketing and branding materials
Review industry evaluations and handle admissions conversations with potential fellows
Contribute to curriculum and teaching sessions and workshops
Handle fellow queries for job search support and interview practice
Passionate about education and career development
0-2 years of experience in industry as a Product Designer or in a related field
Experience with user research
A strong portfolio that showcases strong design sense and frontend engineering
Entrepreneurship or small startup experience
Strong mentoring company culture
Team lunch in the office
Access to Pathrise’s world class career accelerator curriculum
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know.
If you are also interested in the fellowship, please apply here: https://www.pathrise.com/apply.
// ABOUT THE ROLE
HASH is seeking an experienced UI/UX Designer to spearhead the build of its open-source simulation platform.
We're looking for somebody who can create beautiful visuals and functional, well conceived interfaces for the web and mobile. You’ll be familiar with designing and documenting complete design systems and their component parts.
We place a strong emphasis on user-research, learning from clients, competitors, past projects and present stakeholders to inform the scope of our work.
You’ll demonstrate look, feel, content, hierarchy, and layout through sketches, wireframes and designs – picking and choosing the appropriate tools for each project.
You will be working directly alongside the company's CEO and CTO (both experienced digital product creators), alongside a team of frontend engineers, and over time your role may expand to involve leading a team of specialist contractors.
Extensive experience designing responsive websites in tools such as Figma (our preference), Framer X or Sketch.
Ability to work alongside developers and users to scope, prototype and design new features
Strong communication skills, and an ability to manage one's own time and workload well
Expert understanding of cross-browser and cross-device design considerations
Experience visualizing complex data
Experience building solutions for users to interact with data-heavy applications
Pay & Benefits
Base salary: competitive and commensurate with experience ✅
Generous holiday allowance including all standard US Holidays 🏝
Fully comprehensive health insurance for US-based full-time employees 👩⚕️
HASH has offices in New York (Manhattan's Fi Di) and Central London (situated in-between Holborn/Temple). This position is open to both on-site and remote candidates. We specifically encourage applications from those further afield.
At Multis, you'll be designing at the forefront of an entirely new industry, cryptocurrency. You must have the appetite to take on a challenging yet crucial mission: getting this new technology mainstream for business.
Business banking sucks. It should not. So we're rebuilding it from scratch with cryptocurrency, and that's your chance to make it shine through thoughtful and creative design. You won't follow existing rules: you'll invent a new playbook and drive the whole industry forward!
This is a unique opportunity to join a core team along ambitious and passionate founders, shape the culture at Multis and be in the driving seat of the next tech revolution!
Conduct user research and usability testing to discover issues
Sketch wireframes and experiences to offer thoughtful solutions
Design and prototype delightful and intuitive interfaces ready for engineering
Define our goals and track them to drive future product development
Push our brand and UI style forward to make Multis a category-definer
Have 3+ years of experience as UX/UI designer
Acquaintance with web design constraints
French/English (speaking & writing)
Ability to work across both Brand and Product
Empathic and curious with users
Comfortable working in a small team with high velocity and autonomy
Appetite to learn fast in an ever-changing crypto/fintech environment
If remote — previous experience with remote work
Know how to relax 🌴
Nice to have
Previous blockchain experience
Previous B2B/Fintech experience
Skills in Illustration, or Animation
Challenging work experience building next-gen banking with a frontier tech
Fast-learning environment, entrepreneurial and strong team spirit
Unique access to the Y Combinator and eFounders network
Competitive salary & equity
Tools of your choosing
Remote-friendly company with offices in Paris downtown (75002)
Off-sites abroad (next one will be in the Canary Islands)
Possibility to get all or part of your salary in crypto 🤑
Percona is a leader in providing best-of-breed enterprise-class support, consulting, managed services, training and software for MySQL®, MariaDB®, MongoDB®, PostgreSQL® and other open source databases in on-premises and cloud environments. Our services and software accommodate rapid growth and application development, help companies develop and deploy agile solutions and improve your ability to keep up with customer needs.Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, and help solve some of the most challenging customer problems. We offer flexible hours, competitive salaries, the ability to work remote and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.We’re looking for a remote full-time UI/UX designer with deep experience designing web-based application interfaces to join our team and help continue building Percona Monitoring and Management (PMM). PMM is a free and open-source platform for monitoring and managing the performance of SQL/NoSQL based databases and servers or cloud instances.If you can’t rest until our users are presented with a beautiful and easy to use interface that makes accomplishing complex tasks a breeze, this could be the right role for you. You should be the one people turn to when they want to achieve an objective with the fewest possible steps without asking for help on how to use the tool. Working closely with both Marketing and Product, you should be capable of creating a vision for the application that is easily adhered to by our developers to ensure a consistently delightful experience using the products. You should consider yourself a partner to product, marketing and development, and an advocate for the user and be willing to push all parties to continually refine both the design and flow of our applications.Location: Remote, however, bulk of team is in Central European Time so you should be able to significantly overlap your scheduleYour Experience
- You have experience designing large, complex SaaS applications across web and mobile platforms
- You are a wizard with modern design collaboration tools (Figma, Sketch, Balsamiq, etc)
- You have created original graphics using tools such as Photoshop or Inkscape
- You can build user interfaces for users of all technical competencies
- You can conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- You have created and validated usability of designs through prototypes and customer research
- You are able to manage inventory of of design elements and generate style guides
- You are able to optimize existing interfaces in addition to creating new experiences
- You have excellent written and verbal English
- You have the ability to work closely with others but also independently
- You are familiar with version control systems (Git)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 4+ years of hands-on experience designing interfaces for web-based applications
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to properly prioritize efforts based on business need/value/impact
- Can work in a fast-paced remote environment
Our rapidly scaling medical education technology company is seeking a Senior Product Designer to join our Product Team. In this role, you will be working with the Director of Product and Creative Director to design and deliver the best user learning experience to our learners.
Our mission is to “Empower the world’s clinicians & caregivers with the best learning experience possible.” To this end, we have an audience of more than a million current & future clinicians as well as patients and family members. Our members of the Osmosis learning platform and video library use the product to learn efficiently & excel in classes, board exams, and in the clinic.
We are a team of creative, approachable, and driven entrepreneurs, researchers, and clinicians who are passionate about improving healthcare and education. At Osmosis, we collaborate remotely and value highly-motivated problem solvers who manage their time efficiently, communicate earnestly, work effectively, and understand the importance of life-work balance. We do everything we can to make sure our teammates are successful personally and professionally.
About the Role
As a Senior Product Designer, you will be a member of the Product team and coordinate within and across teams including customer success, marketing, and content teams to ensure that our learners receive the best learning experience possible by visualizing our backlog and roadmap. The ideal candidate will have a strong visual portfolio with demonstrated ability to perform user research, gather requirements, analyze and communicate findings, and to turn requirements into wireframes and prototypes applying best practices for usability, design systems, and information architecture.
The responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Help define and improve the interface and learning experience on the Osmosis platform
- Create deliverables (journey map, wireframes, mockups, prototypes, etc.) and execute high fidelity design
- Perform user research to solicit feedback by recruiting users to meet for design sessions, test beta products, usability tests, and complete surveys
- Share findings with our team and explain how that will affect your design decisions
- Stay informed on the latest UI/UX techniques, tools, and patterns and integrate best practices into design projects
- Work with developers to iterate on and refine the current user experience
- Assist the Creative Director with the creation and maintenance of UX documentation
- QA test product features when needed
- 5+ years of design experience on a successful product team, preferably at an education organization
- Portfolio of visually pleasing, intuitive, and efficient user experiences
- Demonstrable experience defining the “why” and “how” of a project with inquisitive and design thinking mindset
- Proven ability to balance the needs of users with the needs of an organization
- Demonstrable experience analyzing user feedback in both qualitative quantitative formats: user research, a/b tests and other data driven methodologies
- Ability to gather and create requirements for creative new user flows
- Ability to create information architecture changes to improve user experience.
- Familiarity with tools like Figma and a willingness to learn new tools and softwares
- Studious. A keen interest in and deep understanding of web and mobile technology, particularly pertaining to an understanding of designing for learning experiences.
- Negentropic. You bring order to everything you touch and have a keen attention to detail
- Punctual. You deliver projects on time, and are able to prioritize high impact design input.
- Communication Wizard. You can talk with learners, developers, and other team members to understand their needs, collaborate and find solutions. You can write the copy for designs.
- Lifelong learner. You are actively consuming content (podcasts, blogs, books, etc) and applying these learnings in your work to make sure you are as effective as possible.
- Value Oriented. You share our values, and demonstrate those values in your daily work.
- Critical. You welcome feedback on your work and you thrive in environments where critical feedback is common.
This position is full time and remote. The ideal candidate will be based in North America.
Osmosis is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
To apply, please submit the following to [email protected]:
- Portfolio: because this role requires UX design and user research skills, portfolios will only be considered if they include descriptions of projects and/or case studies
- Submission of an Osmosis "Spread Joy" e-card. At Osmosis we are working to develop the most caring people, and to this end have created the www.osmosis.org/spreadjoy tool. Please visit this page, create an Osmosis account, and send an e-card to someone and let us know what you thought of the experience.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Timescale is seeking an experienced Product Manager focused on UI/UX.
You will play a central role in designing and defining a new open-source product around IT monitoring and observability aimed at developers and SREs.This person should care deeply about how users can collect, explore, and act on large, complex, and varied volumes and types of time-series data for IT monitoring. You will help define user interfaces and experiences, through both user research and an intuitive understanding of the monitoring space.
Timescale is a remote-first organization; this is a full-time position and can be fully remote(timezones UTC-8 to +3) or in our NYC office.
- Deliver a monitoring product that feels like magic to users, delivering insights and value immediately
- Ensure intuitive interfaces, user flows, and ease-of-use across a complex set of interacting data sources
- Work closely with designers and engineers, managing a product roadmap, development, and delivery across a distributed team
- Perform user research and gather requirements, and define new features for an open-source software and SaaS offering
- Setup, use, critique, and improve a developer-focused monitoring product designed for modern cloud and Kubernetes environments
- Strong self-driven execution, ownership, and delivery
- 5+ years of proven track record in product management working on developer tools or an enterprise SaaS product
- Good understanding of infrastructure and application software
- Direct experience with modern distributed products and knowledge of the open-source data software ecosystem
- Technical aptitude and attention to detail
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Preference for bachelor’s degree in CS or technical background
Time series is everywhere, and Timescale is helping developers and companies make sense of it. Businesses worldwide trust TimescaleDB for mission-critical applications from industries as varied as manufacturing, finance, utilities, telecom, mining, ad tech, oil & gas, and the smart home. Applications built on TimescaleDB include IT and DevOps monitoring, IoT, complex sensing and monitoring systems, geospatial asset tracking, operational data warehousing, and financial risk management; via the edge, on premise, and cloud deployments. The Timescale team is backed by top tier investors, including Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Icon Ventures, and Two Sigma Ventures.
Airbase is the first all-in-one spend management platform that provides companies unparalleled control and visibility into every dollar spent. Finance teams deserve a solution that eliminates the tedious work involved in managing spend and allows them to focus on being strategic partners to the rest of the business. We do that by replacing the multiple systems typically used to manage spend with a single platform that handles every workflow including expense approvals and payments (physical cards, virtual cards, ACH, check), while also automating away the bulk of spend-related accounting. Learn more about why innovative companies like Gusto, Segment, Doximity, Getaround, Netlify, and more trust Airbase at www.airbase.com
About the Job
You'll be working closely with the Founder/CEO and the rest of the Airbase product team to define and build the Airbase product. This is an opportunity to have a big impact and define how the product management function evolves as we grow. We're looking for someone who thrives in the very early stages of a company and is self driven.
Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
You should have worked at a startup or started your own company that shipped a product and generated meaningful revenue.
An engineering / technical background that will allow you to reason about product trade-offs and make good choices without significant input from engineers.
You should have been a practicing engineer for at least 2 years before becoming a product manager.
At least 7-8 years of experience in a Product Management role.
You should have a track record of shipping high quality products and features and owning the process end-to-end.
Experience building modern web applications.
Familiarity with modern UX/UI patterns.
Attention to detail - great products are all about the details.
Passionate about joining a small team and building a company.
Experience managing a team of product managers.
Experience owning a large-scoped area of product.
Experience of closely working with cross-functional teams outside the product team, such as Customer Success, Marketing, Sales.
Nice to haves
Experience shipping mobile apps.
Side projects that help us get a sense for your interests
1. Identify Problems & Priorities
- Apply skills from user science, analytics and business acumen to identify customer and user problems.
- Apply the lens of strategy, user goals and Airbase purpose to prioritize problems to solve.
- Evangelize and communicate the product plan.
- Apply low fidelity design to present vision for solutions to problems.
- Collaborate with engineers and designers to arrive at the detailed solutions to problems.
- Collaborate with Sales and Customer Success to understand and eliminate obstacles to adoption and usage.
- Work with Marketing to bring new features to life on various communication touch points.
- Own the roadmap for one or more parts of the product.
- Work with engineering and design to plan launch scope.
- Together with engineering and design, break-down scope into launch iterations.
5. Team and Practice Health
- Ensure team health, career development and coaching and mentoring tailored to individual goals.
- Ensure product practices are followed, apply good judgement when needed to violate them.
- Help Airbase evolve product practices for increasing scale, efficiency and customer value.
6. Own Strategy for a Product Area
- Develop and share your rock solid understanding of customers and the business.
- Use data to define and articulate goals that will be in line with overall product goals.
- Align team plans, PMs and Sr. PMs ownership-breakdowns that address product goals.
We offer competitive cash compensation and very attractive equity. We're a remote team and are happy to work with candidates from anywhere in the world.