Remote ruby on rails Jobs in February 2020
22 Remote ruby on rails Jobs in February 2020Post a job
Rev is only looking to hire French Speaking applicants for now!
- Here is the job description, in French: 🇫🇷🥖
- Nous recherchons des développeurs full-stack ou front-end avec au moins cinq ans d'expérience.
- Notre équipe est remote-first.
- Nous recherchons des développeurs qui sont pragmatiques et qui ont de l'empathie pour leurs utilisateurs (les comptables et leurs clients) avant tout.
- Nous recherchons des développeurs qui parlent français et qui sont en mesure de comprendre les grands principes du système comptable français.
- Here is the job description, in French: 🇫🇷🥖
At Podia, we’re building the best platform on the planet for creators to sell online courses, memberships and digital downloads.
We’ve been around for a few years, have helped creators earn millions, and we’re growing fast…
That’s where you come in 😉
We’re looking for a full-stack Rails developer with a propensity for modern frontend development — you’ll be happy writing Ruby but can also turn around and wrangle a Webpack config file or refactor some hairy React code.
You’ll help us ship faster, get more done and make big improvements to our platform
What you’ll work on:
- Expanding the breadth and depth of our product features 🏗️
- Polishing our existing features to improve our users’ experience 🖌️
- Bugs happens… you’ll help us resolve them 🐛
- Refactoring the internals to keep the code easy to work with 🔨
- Improving our test suite to give us more confidence to ship 🚨
- Writing and maintaining payment and API integrations 📇
Here are some of the technologies we use:
- Ruby on Rails
- React, for the occasional feature that requires it
- Webpacker, Bootstrap, and npm to manage our UI code
- Redis, for caching and background queues
- Sidekiq for background processing
- Heroku for hosting the app
- We also maintain integrations with many third-party APIs (PayPal, Stripe, Zapier and Drip, just to name a few)
You probably don’t have experience in all these technologies, and that’s okay! Rails is the core of our tech stack and you’ll also bring other experience to the role.
Some other things you should be comfortable with:
- Multiple competing (and sometimes shifting) priorities 😅
- Communicating your work clearly in Slack, GitHub pull requests, or a pairing session ✍️
- Lending a hand to your teammates (and customers) when the need arises. We’re tightly knit and supporting each other is a huge priority ✨
- Learning quickly, and developing confidently—because nothing is “someone else’s job” 🦝
- Staying calm under pressure. You remain cool even when Rollbar errors are pouring into slack, background jobs die, and the app grinds to a halt 🆘
- Working remotely. Our team is spread across North America and Western Europe (you should be in one of those two regions), and our headquarters is Slack 🌎
Why work at Podia?
- Ultimate flexibility. We try to have some overlap time every day, but outside of that work whenever & wherever you work best 🗺️
- Extreme autonomy. No micro-managing here. You’ll be given high-level direction and then left to solve it the way you feel is best. You’re the expert! 📚
- That said, the rest of the team is always ready to lend a hand — or even an ear if you just need to rubber duck some ideas 💡
- You get to work with a small, highly-talented team that has built — and continues to build — our product with care.We’re not one of those “hire all the devs!” organizations that tries to grow too quickly 🎨
- Whether it’s fixes, small tweaks, or substantial features, we deploy often. There’s zero red tape to slow you down 🚀
- We have a rapidly growing base of passionate customers. Your work will be seen and appreciated by many people❤️
- Competitive compensation. We want to hire the best people, and we’re ready to pay for them 💰
- Great benefits including three weeks paid vacation (plus another week during the December holidays), sabbaticals every three years, professional development credit, paid family leave, and more 😃
- (Paid for) annual retreats to spend time with the team and have fun together. This year’s retreat is in Washington, DC! ✈️
Interested in joining our team?
We’d love to chat 😃
We’ll ask for professional references (both a co-worker and a manager) from any finalist candidates.
About Visitor Queue:
Visitor Queue is an advanced B2B lead generation software that has partnered with Google Analytics to allow organizations across the globe to identify the companies that have visited their website. Over the past 2 years, we have grown our user base to over 5000 companies including, Microsoft and Jones Lang Lassalle. An establishing leader in our category, we have over 150 positive reviews and a 90%+ rating on G2 Crowd and Capterra. We are a fast-growing Startup looking to establish further dominance in the lead generation and marketing analytics space.
In order to continue our growth, we are looking to add a fulltime intermediate software developer to work remotely with the support of our current team. If you’re a hardworking, code assassin, then this is the role for you!
About the Role:
The successful candidate will be an integral part of our technology department, which currently includes 3 software developers (1 fractional CTO, 1 Senior Developer and 1 Front-end Developer). They will be responsible for the continued development of our application, website, integrations, and people.
Build out additional features, integrations and capabilities
Work with our current team to further the technical capabilities of the company
Develop new integrations with complementary software
Solve any support tickets and bugs logged by the support team
Daily check-ins and weekly scrums
3-5 years of experience
Proficient in HTML, CSS, JS, Ruby on Rails, SQL
Proficient in PostgreSQL (e.g., understanding of stored procedures, triggers, CTE)
Very comfortable with Git and GitHub
Ability to communicate (verbal and written) clearly, accurately and eloquently in English
Hardworking with the ability to easily adapt to changing circumstances
Interested in growing and expanding their current abilities in a fun environment
Knowledgeable about test-driven development (TDD), behaviour driven development (BDD) and debugging
Visitor Queue is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in any part of the recruitment and/or assessment process, please inform us of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
If you are interested in apply for this position, please email a resume and link to your LinkedIn profile to Nick Hollinger, CEO - [email protected]
Rev is only looking to hire French Speaking applicants for now!
- Here is the job description, in French: 🇫🇷🥖
- Nous recherchons des développeurs full-stack ou front-end avec au moins cinq ans d'expérience.
- Notre équipe est remote-first.
- Here is the job description, in French: 🇫🇷🥖
Who We Are
Our mission is to improve the future of work by helping people find flexible jobs that make their lives better. We are committed to doing this internally and externally with integrity, intelligence, balance, communication, and care.
In the past 13 years, FlexJobs has established itself as the leader in the professional flexible job market to help job seekers connect with employers that offer these highly desired arrangements, as well as to help employers reach these candidates. We do this in a way that makes the job search experience easier, safer, and faster for job seekers, by utilizing both technology and human intelligence to provide a friendly, effective, and valuable service.
In terms of work flexibility, we also walk the talk! This is a remote job, as our entire team works remotely from locations all across the United States. Not only that, but having a great company culture is really important to us, and we’ve even been named one of Outside magazine’s Best Places to Work (2019) and Best Company Culture by Entrepreneur magazine (2018, 2017, and 2015).
Responsibilities of the Job - The Opportunity
We are looking for an experienced iOS developer to join our team. This person will work with our product and development teams to build quality applications, fix bugs, maintain the code, and implement updates as needed.
The ideal candidate will have been a lead app developer or be someone who worked independently. We are looking for someone who has built apps that are currently available in the App Store.
3-5 years of experience in iOS development
Fluent in Swift, SwiftUI, and UIKit
Experience with mobile app networking, storage, and Cocoapods
Must have worked on recent consumer-facing projects
Experience working with a small and/or entrepreneurially spirited company
Bonus Points Given
Experience in the job/employment space
Experience with subscription-based apps
Experience with Ruby on Rails
Traits and Skills for This Role
Must be comfortable working independently and in small teams
Ability to work quickly and responsibly to meet deadlines and follow timelines
You have to really love coding...like, you need to be one of those people who writes code for fun
Traits Required of All Team Members, You Included
A sense of pride in your work
A streak of perfectionism when it comes to details
Being highly organized, responsible, and ethical
Being proactive when it comes to asking questions, brainstorming, and working with colleagues
Excellent time management and organizational skills
An appreciation and enthusiasm for the ability to work remotely
Interest in a long-term position with a company that you’re proud to be a part of
A fully functioning home office with a reliable development environment
A workspace in which you can really focus without distractions
We didn’t create Bold Penguin because commercial insurance is broken. It isn’t. But as the world has gotten more connected and digitized, commercial insurance lags behind—creating a fragmented landscape where businesses, agents, and insurance companies struggle to interact in a smooth and easy way. That’s why we’ve built a highly efficient exchange that cuts the friction out of commercial insurance by connecting everyone to the right quote in record time.
Powering the world of insurance is no small feat, so we’ve brought on a team that's not only incredibly talented but also passionate about our potential to upgrade the entire industry. As more and more companies big and small depend on our technology to operate in the commercial insurance space, we’ll need the best talent all around to support our growth. That’s why we’re looking at you (yes, you!) to make a bold move and join our adventure.
As a Cloud & Site Reliability Engineer, you will be a subject matter expert in building highly reliable, highly scalable features and infrastructure. You’ll use DevOps principles to ensure that Bold Penguin’s software systems are always available and ready to scale to meet growing demands.
What You’ll Do
- Ensure the reliability, performance, and availability of our platform by working as part of a cross-functional product team
- Participate in agile ceremonies such as iteration planning, retrospective, and daily standups
- Be part of the shared on-call rotation and proactively research possible issues affected the availability of our platform
- Understand and clearly articulate tradeoffs in architecture decisions with regards to cost, security, operational efficiencies, performance, and availability
- Build and maintain infrastructure with executable code (IaC) and automated delivery pipelines
- Be passionate about Cloud/DevOps/SRE concepts such as Immutable Infrastructure, Cattle vs Pets, Infrastructure as Code, Delivery Pipelines
Skills & Qualifications
- Deep, hands-on expertise with AWS Cloudformation and other Infrastructure as Code tools
- Experience with Amazon Web Services; specifically EC2, ECS, ELB, CodePipeline, RDS, Redshift, S3, IAM, and Lambda
- Ability to articulate Cloud & DevOps concepts to a variety of technical & non-technical team members
- Bonus points for expertise in implementing security & compliance frameworks such as SOC/2, NIST 800-53, and NIST 800-171 especially in Amazon Web Services
- Bonus points for AWS Certifications
- Bonus points for familiarity with microservices architectures, Ruby on Rails and/or ETL tools such as Fivetran.
- Experience working at technology companies and startups desirable
- 2-4 years + of working remote, full time, and/or with full time co-located teams across different time zones.
- Full-stack expertise in multiple tiers of modern web applications (e.g. front end, back end, infrastructure, etc.)
- Open-source contributions and/or speaking experience.
- Previous work experience in insurance and/or experience with policy rating very desirable.
- You love Penguins! ;P
TRAVEL TO THE "GLACIER" (please read)
- We are firm proponents of "seeing eye to eye by meeting face to face". As such, our remote team travels in once a quarter for a full day of collaboration, goal setting, team building, etc. Are you able to make this work? In addition to this we also ask that, if hired, you are able to make the first week onsite for onboarding/training.
- For a healthy colony.
- Our plan covers 50% of your Medical Premiums – Health - HRA, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, as well as Short & Long Term Disability (Trust us, the benefits are great!
- Penguins plan for the future.
- 401k Match program, up to 4%!
- Parental Leave
- 16 weeks of parental leave (your kids need you there!)
- Need a vacation?
- Unlimited PTO - Please take a vacation - you need it and we applaud it and in fact we require you take 10 days off!
- Hungry? Thirsty?
- We offer free snacks and drinks, as well as catered lunch every Monday (even to our remote employees...nomb nomb nomb)
- Penguins need to learn!
- We support your professional growth. Certifications, training, memberships, and conferences are actively encouraged—and often covered.
- Penguins are social creatures and love to play!
- We have frequent happy hours, company events, and outings. What kind of company would we be if we didn't have some fun!?!?
- Penguins give back.
- We offer volunteer opportunities every month! There is no better feeling than giving back =)
- Don’t want to move to Columbus?
- We offer up to 100% remote engineers!
- You must be OK visiting the office for a day or two every quarter - we are all about that camaraderie!
Penguins believe in inclusion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer that considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, beak size, or inability to fly.
Hubstaff is a fast-growing startup in the time tracking and project management space that fully embraces remote work. You work when and where you want. We care a lot about our culture, having fun while working hard, and our annual retreats.
Here's a video from our last retreat that shows what it's like to work for Hubstaff. https://hubstaff.wistia.com/medias/9pyt01aemt
We are looking for a senior full-stack engineer who has several years of experience in both React and Ruby on Rails to join our passionate development team and work on our up and coming task management product.
The correct person will take pride in their work, have extreme attention to detail, and be able to get their hands dirty implementing Rails controllers, React components, and doing HTML & CSS front-end work.
This position will report to our Tasks team lead and work closely with our other engineers. You’ll be able to work 100% remotely. We are looking for someone that can grow with our team for years to come.
This is a long-term (years, our hope is forever) full-time (40 hrs/wk) 1099 (hourly) contract role. Some of the benefits of working for us is our company-hosted annual retreat, work where you want (cafe, co-working location, your home, anywhere), don't have to ask for permission when you want to take time off, get to dedicate yourself to one project at a time, and have job security and a career path for years to come (we've run the company using positive cash flow from day one and are carefully growing the team and business).
You’ll be a good fit if you:
- Are self-disciplined and have a great work ethic
- Have good time management skills
- Communicate well
- Can work until at least 1pm EST M - F
- Like having a consistent daily work schedule
- Have at least three years of React and five years of Ruby on Rails experience
Front-end Development Requirements:
- React & Redux
- Highly skilled with HTML & CSS
Backend Development Requirements:
- Ruby on Rails
- Postgres or MySQL
- Unit tests (rspec, Jest, etc.)
- Background workers (Sidekiq)
- Working from design docs/specifications & wireframes
- Service workers architecture
Codelitt is looking for a Ruby on Rails senior with experience building highly complex applications. Preferably you communicate well with other engineers. You work well with others and friendly.
While this is a remote position, there are often meetings at 9 a.m. ET. Something to take into consideration. Mountain Time, Central Time, or Eastern Time preferred.
- Experience working and collaborating with teams
- Experience in Linux and command line a must
- Proven work with React
- Proven work with Ruby on Rails
- You know how to architect all components of front-end project
- You have experience reading the API documentation and working with different endpoints to compose the desired effect
- You know how to run projects through solid processes (things like code reviews, reviewing stories, planning)
- Picks up new technologies quickly and efficiently
- Uses Git for all of your projects
- Creates tests before they write code (TDD is your thing)
- Expert knowledge of OOP and software design principles
- Driven, ambitious, and interested in tech
- Acumen. You must be able to think of and judge multiple solutions for a problem and be able to reason between them.
- You’re aware of how to build secure apps
- You know how to optimize frontend load times, debug rendering issues, and overall provide a smooth experience to the user.
- Knowledge of responsive frontends
Security Architect Job Responsibilities and Duties
Syncro is a small team crafting applications helping small business be more successful. Our software does job tracking, marketing, invoicing, integrates tons of online tools -- and is awesome.
We're building a company that has fun inventing. We go fast, and our customers love us. Thousands of repair shops and IT Professionals all over the world rely on our platform for their entire business operations.
We are different - we really do care, the founders are writing this ad and holding interviews.
We are building a powerful Remote Machine Management (RMM) platform and this space demands the utmost in security. This is where you come in! As a lead in the security team you’d be relied upon to coordinate vulnerability assessments, field incoming reports from bug bounty programs, assist real-time in active attack scenarios, help marry business requirements with state of the art security systems, and more.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Perform penetration testing on new and existing application architecture
- Gather requirements and current standards to overview technology and make recommendations
- Plan architecture changes and help guide new innovative security programs
- Keep up-to-date on the latest security standards
- Document security procedures for hosted environments, remote workers, internal tools, and the production platform.
- Estimate cost and budget for security updates
- Oversee technical implementations during security or other IT updates
- Mitigate damages during a cyber attack and respond to threats quickly
- Coordinate outside security vendors for vulnerability assessments, audits etc
- A salaried position designed to grow with the company(seriously, try us).
- We want this to be your dream job - but we need your help(tell us how).
- We will advance your career like nobody else-- stay with us for the long haul and we'll keep you challenged, learning, passionate, and growing.
- We are currently a dispersed team working from home.
- We offer comprehensive health, vision, and dental coverage and a 401(k).
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- A few years of professional experience working on application security and network security.
- Ruby on Rails or web development experience is a major plus.
- No specific education necessary.(really.)
- Excellent communication skills - verbal, written and electronic.
- You care-- which means sometimes putting yourself out there for a customer experiencing pain.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- You're kind and wily(in a good way).
- Bonus: Experience with HIPAA compliance or other similar experience.
HOW TO GET HIRED BY US:Just demonstrate that you are an individual, you have a personality, you enjoy life, and you enjoy good work. And please include a resume. If you have a cover letter that can highlight something you know about our product, the space, and security trends in this space, that would be fun to read!
Syncro is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all employees can thrive and do their best work, free from discrimination and harassment.
Pay: DOE. Let's Talk.
This Software Engineer in Test position for our Secure team is 100% remote.
GitLab is building an open-source, single application for the entire software development lifecycle—from project planning and source code management to CI/CD, monitoring, and security.
Right now, we’re in a period of growth, we’ve more than doubled the size of the Quality department through 2019, and we’ve increased the number of GitLab employees from 400 to over 1100 this financial year, too.
At GitLab, we live and breathe open source principles. This means our entire handbook is online, and with a few clicks, you can find the details of future releases, check out our past releases, and see an overview of the product vision you’d contribute to when working here.
As a Software Engineer in Test at GitLab, you will be embedded in our Secure stage group. You’ll be responsible for baking in a culture of quality across the categories found within our Secure team, expanding on our existing test automation frameworks and test coverage across a range of configurations, and leading our test automation efforts on new features within our Secure categories as part of a dedicated cross-functional team.
- As part of our Secure team you’ll work on test automation issues related to the Quality department, the Secure stage group, and the entire GitLab product. The work you’ll do will be transparent and open to the GitLab community.
- You’ll develop new tests and tools for our GitLab.com frontend, backend APIs and services, and low-level systems like geo-replication, CI/CD, and load balancing.
- You’ll identify and drive the adoption of best practices in code health, testing, testability, and maintainability.
- You’ll work with engineers to define and implement mechanisms to inject testing earlier into the software development process.
- You’ll configure automated tests to execute reliably and efficiently in our CI/CD environments.
- You’ll work 1:1 with a Product Manager, and with the wider product and development teams to understand how new features should be tested and to contribute to automated tests for these new features.
- You’ll work in an environment where we aim to have a 1:10 ratio of Software Engineer in Test to Engineers.
- As an SET, you'll have the opportunity to become and expert in security testing-related techniques and concerns.
You’ll spend your time collaborating with a cross-functional team who are embedded in our Secure stage group. You could work on projects where you’ll be tasked with moving our security products from their own standalone QA process to the GitLab QA review application, growing our test coverage across our security products, and implementing security testing processes.
- You’ve got at least a few years of experience developing in Ruby or working on a Ruby on Rails application.
- You’ve got some experience with security testing or an interest in the security field. To demonstrate this, you could be familiar with SQL injections, cross-site scripting, or URL manipulation. Alternatively, you may have been involved in OWASP or security hacking sessions. This list is by no means exhaustative, it's here to give you an insight into the type of securty-testing experience we can look for.
- You’ve got a working knowledge of Docker.
- You’ve worked with industry-standard CI tools like GitLab CI, Jenkins, Bamboo, or Circle CI for example.
- You’re comfortable with Selenium-based test automation tools like Capybara.
- You’ve got experience with Git and its command line.
- You’re interested in growing your knowledge and skills in Test Environment Provisioning and Configuring (Terraform, Ansible, Kubernetes, GCP / AWS).
- You know about clean code and the test pyramid, and champion these concepts.
- Our values of collaboration, results, efficiency, diversity, iteration, and transparency resonate with you.
- You'll thrive in an environment where self-learning and self-service is encouraged and instilled as a part of our culture.
We're aware the confidence gap exists so we want to encourage you to apply even if you do not match all of the requirements exactly. The above list is intended to show the kinds of experience and qualities we're looking for. It is not a complete list of pre-required skills.What it’s like to work here at GitLab:
The culture here at GitLab is something we’re incredibly proud of. Because GitLabbers are currently located in over 51 different countries, you’ll spend your time collaborating with kind, talented, and motivated colleagues from across the globe.
Some of the benefits you’ll be entitled to vary by the region or country you’re in. However, all GitLabbers are fully remote and receive a "no ask, must tell" paid-time-off policy, where we don’t count the number of days you take off annually. You can work incredibly flexible hours, enabled by our asynchronous approach to communication. We’ll also help you set up your home office environment, pay for your membership to a co-working space and contribute to the travel costs associated with meeting other GitLab team members across the world. Also, every year or so, we’ll invite you to our Contribute event.
Our hiring process for this Software Engineer in Test position typically follows six stages. The details of this process and the compensation for this role can be found at the bottom of our job family page.Remote-EMEA
- Writing, curating, editing developer resources: tutorials, examples, guides, and documentation.
- Directly shaping and developing our open source SDKs.
- Owning the code samples and implementation guidance for Auth0.
- Championing Auth0 by engaging directly with the community.
- Gathering and channel user feedback within the company to improve the experience for developers on Auth0.
You'd be a great fit if you had ❤️
- The go-to-expert in the company, internally and externally, providing domain knowledge and reviews for Auth0 in these technologies.
- A deep understanding of writing, running, maintaining, securing, and debugging applications.
- The ability to communicate effectively in person, asynchronously, and in code.
- Demonstrable experience authoring developer documentation (tutorials, blog posts, docs).
Bonus points if you have 👍
- The ability to be self-directed and be effective working independently, yet feel equally comfortable contributing in a global team environment.
- Experience working in distributed teams and work environments.
- Created open-source material or have contributed to open-source projects.
- Knowledge in the identity and access management space.
- Experience with CI and/or package deployment automation
Auth0’s mission is to help developers innovate faster. Every company is becoming a software company and developers are at the center of this shift. They need better tools and building blocks so they can stay focused on innovating. One of these building blocks is identity: authentication and authorization. That’s what we do. Our platform handles 2.5B logins per month for thousands of customers around the world. From indie makers to Fortune 500 companies, we can handle any use case.We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer. We have raised $210M to date and are growing quickly. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles.Join us on this journey to make developers more productive while making the internet safer!
- #US-E; #GMT; #AR;
Are you looking for a new adventure with a positive impact?
At Learnlife we are on the mission to build an open ecosystem for a new lifelong learning paradigm to positively change education worldwide. We empower learners, educators, schools, and governments through a new learner-centered paradigm that focuses on purpose-inspired and personal learning.
A little bit about us
Learnlife is based in Barcelona, where we also have opened our first Learning HUB (1200m2 @ Enrique Granados 7). We are an educational startup in the early phase with a team of thirty people in total and with six people working full-time on the digital part of the ecosystem we are building.
Last year, we had our first seed investment round, which we secured during the June 2019 when we raised €3,1m in partnership with 19 entrepreneurial supporters from 11 countries. The funding round was led by BPO Capital, a vehicle of Benjamin Otto (Germany), an active shareholder of the Otto Group and co-founder of About You.
We believe in empowered and autonomous teams, positive relationships, empathetic collaboration, growth through adventure, fair communities, and a culture of constructive transparency and honesty.
Who we are looking for
We’re looking for a senior software engineer to join our growing team. As someone coming into such a pivotal role in the company, you will influence how our products look, work, behave and feel over the coming years.
You should send us an application if you:
Are searching for a startup-like environment with solid funding.
Have experience working on remote and in the ideal case also in the startup environment.
Are looking for a full-stack senior software engineering role, and you’ve spent in the role already several years.
Are able to step outside your role description and do what is needed in order to help the team succeed.
Love technology and are hungry to learn.
Love to collaborate in a cross-functional team.
Are a great communicator (English).
Could solve problems independently.
Are based in Europe or Brazil.
Having an active profile on Github with several open-source contributions under your belt isn’t required, but it is a big plus.
Our tech stack:
Nginx, Unicorn, AWS
How will your working day look like
You will start your day when you want in the morning and decide for yourself where you’re going to work. The whole team usually work remotely, but there are certain periods when we gladly go to our office in Ostrava, Czech Republic or Barcelona, Spain.
First thing in the morning, we have an asynchronous stand-up via Basecamp.
We usually summarize the previous day’s issues as well as tasks for the current day at the stand-up.
Everyone then works on their assignments during the day, and any other potential communication is carried on via Basecamp/Github/Calls. Nobody checks anybody as for when and how they work – only the results are important.
During the day and at the end of it, we commit the work in a standard way to Github where another developer always performs code review for you after you have completed a task.
Currently, we have 4-weeks long development cycles. The first week of the cycle is from a big part focused on planning and is, therefore, more meeting heavy than other weeks.
Syncro is a small team crafting applications helping small businesses be more successful. Our software does job tracking, marketing, invoicing, integrates tons of online tools — and is awesome. We are open to taking risks with technology, we use ember/react/kubernetes/elixr, and are generally open to exciting fun new stuff!
We’re building a company that has fun inventing. We go fast, and our customers love us. Thousands of repair shops and IT Professionals all over the world rely on our platform for their entire business operations. We are different – we really do care, the founders are writing this ad and looking at the resumes – not a recruiter or HR department.
We are using heroku with 50+ dynos, our platform consists of a number of rails apps and integrations to other platforms. We’re building a huge inventory system to rival any out there, we’ve built a “remote machine management” platform with an open API, we’re doing it all…
If this sounds like the kind of team you want to be part of, we want to hear from you. Do you play around with new stuff for fun? Do you hear about a problem and just obsessed building a web app to solve it? If this sounds like your kind of play – we might be a great fit. 🙂
– Salaried position designed to grow with the company (seriously, try us).
– We want this to be your dream job – but we need your help (tell us how).
– We will advance your career like nobody else — stay with us for the long haul and we’ll keep you challenged, learning, passionate, and growing.
– Results-oriented: Keep having fun and shipping code and you can design your day.
– We are currently a dispersed team working from home.
– We offer comprehensive health, vision, and dental coverage and 401(k).
What You'll Be Doing:
– Create and manage infrastructure in our multiple cloud providers systems like Heroku, Kubernetes on Google Cloud, AWS, Azure, etc. (we use all of them)
– Building and maintaining tools, solutions and microservices.
– Actively troubleshoot any issues that arise during testing and production, catching and solving issues before launch.
– Test our system integrity, implemented designs, application developments and other processes related to infrastructure, making improvements as needed.
– Update our processes and design new processes as needed.
– Deploy product updates as required while implementing integrations when they arise.
– Specifying, documenting and developing new product features, and writing automating scripts.
– Work with CI tools, and source control such as GIT
– If you also enjoy product development you can probably help out on the feature work too!
What We're Looking For:
-A few years of running operations for web applications
-A few years of Ruby on Rails a major plus
-No specific education necessary. (really)
-Excellent communication skills – verbal, written and electronic.
-You care — which means sometimes putting yourself out there for a customer experiencing pain.
-Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
-You’re kind and wily (in a good way).
How to Get Hired by Us:
Write to us about a recent time or two that you caused a production outage, what the root cause was, and what you learned from it.
For example; Troy our Founder shipped a typo in a class name in the early days and those are annoying because they might be easily missed in Development environment but then production blows up. This led to a more robust CI+Staging step than we had prior.
Just demonstrate that you are an individual, you have a personality, you enjoy life, and you enjoy good work. And please include a resume. 🙂
Syncro is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all employees can thrive and do their best work, free from discrimination and harassment.
Pay: DOE. Let’s Talk.
We are looking for a candidate with the following qualities:
- Participate in the product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Work independently to design, create RoR APIs and application components
- Contribute to business discussions about the project and user interfaces
- Document development projects
- Familiar with Git, CI Tools and Deployment Scripts
- Writes tests when working on features
Skills & Requirements:
- Experience developing Ruby on Rails APIs and applications using development tools
- Experience with XML/JSON
- Experience with SQL language
- Experience developing and testing software user interfaces
- Design skills for implementing attractive, simple, and effective software products
- Capable communicator and comfortable working with customers, product management, other developers
- Ability to work independently and coordinate remotely with project team
- Blend of business and technical knowledge and experience
- Willing to spend time collecting requirements from clients and customer-facing team members.
- High energy and self-motivated
- Work From Home
- Health Insurance
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- 401k Retirement Plan
- 2 weeks of PTO
- Awesome colleagues
Doximity is transforming the healthcare industry. Our mission is to help doctors be more productive, informed, and connected. As a software engineer, you'll work within cross-functional delivery teams alongside other engineers, designers, and product managers in building software to help improve healthcare.
Our team brings a diverse set of technical and cultural backgrounds and we like to think pragmatically in choosing the tools most appropriate for the job at hand.
- Here are some of the ways we bring value to doctors
- Our data engineering stack run on Python, MySQL, Spark, and Airflow
- Our production application stack is hosted on AWS and we deploy to production on average 50 times per day
- We have over 350 private repositories in Github containing our applications, forks of gems, our own internal gems, and open-source projects
- We have worked as a distributed team for a long time; we're currently about 65% distributed
- Find out more information on the Doximity engineering blog
- Our company core values
- Our recruiting process
- Our product development cycle
- Our on-boarding & mentorship process
Here's How You Will Make an Impact
- Improve the performance and scalability of services, optimize our REST and GraphQL APIs
- Address security concerns and proficiently maintain our application stack
- Troubleshoot issues across the whole stack, such as high-load, memory full, network issues and come up with temporary/long term solutions based on the root cause
- Hands-on maintenance on our Ruby on Rails and Go (Golang) applications
- Increase our automated test coverage and deployment infrastructure robustness
- Manage infrastructure using Chef and Terraform
- Active involvement in design, implementation, and maintenance of the development, staging, and production infrastructure and services your team is responsible for
- Create concise postmortems in the event of an outage
- Write and maintain run-books for other engineers to leverage
- Ensure proper security, monitoring, alerting, and reporting for the applications your team is responsible for
- Collaborate with other engineers to make sound infrastructure decisions, improve workflow, and deploy applications ready for production
- Monitor capacity, cost and plan for upgrades
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- You are a Ruby engineer at heart, very familiar and passionate about the Rails ecosystem
- You are knowledgeable of memory and CPU profiling tools to help adjust Ruby jobs and processes to use resources effectively
- You have experience working with Terraform and Chef (or similar tooling) either in a DevOps or product support capacity
- You have experience deploying, configuring, and maintaining NGINX
- You are proficient with Unix, AWS, and Git
- You are self-motivated and able to manage yourself and your own queue
- You are a problem solver with a passion for simple, clean, and maintainable solutions
- You agree that concise and effective written and verbal communication is a must for a successful team
- You are able to maintain a minimum of 5 hours overlap with 9:30 to 5:30 PM Pacific time
- You can dedicate about two weeks per year for travel to company events
Benefits & Perks
- Generous time off policy
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, vision, dental, Life/ADD, 401k, flex spending accounts, commuter benefits, equipment budget, and continuous education budget
- Pre-IPO stock incentives
- .. and much more! For a full list, see our career page
More info on Doximity
We’re thrilled to be named the Fastest Growing Company in the Bay Area, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies. Joining Doximity means being part of an incredibly talented and humble team. We work on amazing products that over 70% of US doctors (and over one million healthcare professionals) use to make their busy lives a little easier. We’re driven by the goal of improving inefficiencies in our $3.5 trillion U.S. healthcare system and love creating technology that has a real, meaningful impact on people’s lives. To learn more about our team, culture, and users, check out our careers page, company blog, and engineering blog. We’re growing steadily, and there’s plenty of opportunity for you to make an impact.
Doximity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Help fix the legal industry!The way legal paperwork gets done is filled with inefficiencies, which leads to ridiculously high legal fees. We fix this by building software that automates and streamlines the process.We're profitable and growing sustainably. We're the most popular way for high-growth technology startups to form, and are also used by tons of top-tier startups for hiring and fundraising. Our software is more advanced than any other online legal service. We've invested a lot in architecture, maintainability, and testing, giving us a significant advantage as we build out functionality that founders and attorneys can currently only dream of.We're a quiet leader in the legal technology space — if you are interested in changing the legal industry, this is arguably the best place to be.Notes on our stack and process:
- Our backend is mostly in Ruby on Rails, with very small amounts of Scala and Go as well.
- Our front-end is mostly in Ember.
- We use CI extensively for linting, tests, visual diffs, and deployment.
This is a great fit if you want to work:
- We're not religious about any particular technology — we believe in using the right tool for a given problem.
- ... on a complex product, with a ton of engineering challenges
- ... in a company that strongly values good software development practices
- ... at a product-driven company bringing an archaic industry into the future
- ... on a beloved product with a lot of usage and visibility in the startup community
- ... with bright people who are extremely passionate about their work
- ... where you'll be a key early software engineer
You must have:
- ... at a financially sound company that is not dependent on venture capital financing
- An inability to write anything but clean, maintainable code.
- A strong aversion to code without test coverage.
- Deep experience with building, maintaining, and optimizing large-scale, production Ruby on Rails applications
- Significant experience building software as part of a team with strong development practices
Experience with Ember is a huge bonus, but not mandatory.This position can be either co-located or remote (completely up to you). If you're co-located, you can have your own office (if you want). We're located in Emeryville, California — one shuttle stop away from BART and very close to the freeway.We are happy to support an H-1B visa application after 2 years of employment, if desired. We are only looking directly for full-time employees - we are absolutely not interested in agencies, contractors, or recruiters.
- Very strong written communication skills
BetterUp is a mobile-based coaching platform that brings personalized professional coaching to employees at all levels. We help managers lead better, teams perform better, and employees thrive personally and inspire professionally. Our mission is to help professionals everywhere pursue their lives with greater clarity, purpose, and passion. Our product was developed by a team of leading behavioral scientists, researchers, and technologists. We’re already transforming the way companies approach talent development at high-performing organizations like Airbnb, Genentech, Mars, LinkedIn and Workday.
This is a remote role, anywhere in the US!Your responsibilities will include
You will be successful if you
- Product Engineer - Collaborate with designers and stakeholders to craft consumer grade experiences with SPA frontend (Ember) and RESTful backend (Ruby on Rails).
- Lean and Agile Owner - Collaborate with cross functional teams to distill and synthesize requirements into discreet and meaningful iterations that can be implemented quickly to facilitate tight feedback loops and learning via data and metrics. Leverage Lean Startup and Agile methodologies along with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment infrastructure to rapidly prototype and validate ideas.
- Data Spelunker - Answer business questions and influence product roadmap decisions using statistical analysis, ad-hoc reporting, or machine learning algorithms for offline modeling. Enable team members to answer questions with data systems and processes that leverage quantitative and qualitative inputs.
- Operational Maintainer - Build scalable and tolerant systems using container technologies (Docker) and cloud infrastructure (AWS) as well as internal tooling to accelerate product development cycles.
And if you have
- Act as an owner - It’s not done until it’s in production. Adept at moving projects forward and able to unblock projects regardless of role on the project.
- Do less, deliver more - Familiar with the terms YAGNI and yak shaving? Focus your efforts on high impact initiatives that really move the needle.
- Impress yourself - We hold ourselves to a quality above and beyond something that “just gets it done”. Each line of code is an opportunity to blend craftsmanship with playfulness.
- Collaborate without ego - Willing to take on roles small or large in order to further the mission at hand.
- Stay on your edge - Continuously learning and applying emerging technologies. Pushing yourself and your team to new heights.
- 5+ years relevant experience, at least part of which in a startup environment
- Alignment with BetterUp mission and enabling behavior change
- Succeeded in a remote work environment
- Frontline maintainer of "production" consumer application (volume, support, debugging)
- Strong experience with automated testing patterns
- Ruby on Rails, Ember.js, Gitflow, Docker
- Experienced in Agile product development processes (SCRUM, Kanban, Lean Startup, etc)
- Expert in current web technologies (HTTP, REST, Web Sockets, etc)
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Impressive Portfolio
We provide amazing benefits, but if you ask the team, they’ll tell you that the greatest benefit we offer employees is an incredibly meaningful mission and transformative work.
- Full coverage medical, dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited use, at your own discretion, vacation policy
- 14 paid annual holidays
- 5 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 “Volunteer Days” to give back
- Professional development through BetterUp coaching for you and a significant other
- 401(k) self contribution
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We are looking for an experienced Ruby on Rails Developer to join our team and help us deliver cool features, fast for a new project. Are you an experienced developer looking for a new challenge?
We are a remote-first company with a globally distributed team of 70. We’re proud of the way we get great work done. Our clients love working with us and we partner with them on long-term projects. Our teams are engaged and excited about our work.What do we offer?
- Hard technical challenges (you won't find all the answers on Stack Overflow) where you can take ownership of the solution
- Work as part of a talented, globally distributed, successful team
- A productive and non-frustrating work environment from a focussed adherence to our agile/scrum processes (we really believe it helps getting good work done)
- A great working atmosphere where you can share and learn with other smart people - on this and on other projects.
- The best-in-class toolsets: Slack, CI/CD with Docker etc
- Meetups in our Barcelona offices for our remote folks
- Competitive rates
- A long term working relationship: this project, then others.
- Working within a fast moving team (working ~11am - 8pm Central European time) of both backend and frontend engineers.
- Building challenging business logic on top of open source Solidus.
- Designing clean APIs and often interfacing with other legacy backend systems.
- Solving hard business logic with elegant software design
- Identifying bottlenecks, using tools to diagnose and refactor code for scale
- Ensuring the robustness, performance and failure characteristics of the system.
- Writing well tested (rspec), defect free code with CI/CD
- Taking ownership of production applications - managing issues, releases and ensuring quality
Good English verbal and written communication skills are essential. This is a contract position with a long term outlook (12 months+ full-time project) for the right candidate. We are looking for remote workers (most of the company is remote) or have openings based in our Barcelona office.
Why is it good to work with us?
We know that big ideas and big results only happen when you have the right people, working together smartly - whether that’s across the room or across the globe. We make the work fun and rewarding.
Because we work on cool projects. Sure, we can list the latest set of technologies that we use, but that is a given. What's more interesting is how they are used - the design, the architecture, the approach to solving business problems. And we do that across multiple clients - each and every one we're excited to work with.
Because we believe in constant learning and exploring - whether that’s a new skill, a new role, or a new way of seeing. And because we've found that we learn the most when we take on new challenges as a team. We’re proud that people love working with us (and still have lives outside of work). Want to know more? Check out www.whitespectre.com and we're proud of what people are saying about us on Glassdoor
We are an international digital studio that transforms ideas into incredible products. We are part of Tiny, a Canadian investment fund behind industry giants such as Dribbble or Metalab. We work with North American startups helping them create and launch disruptive products to the market.
Z1 is not a design agency with several engineers, nor a development consultant with a handful of designers. We are a team of more than 40 designers, engineers and communication professionals that approach each project holistically.
We always work as a team, both remotely (we have colleagues in New York, San Francisco, Vancouver, etc.) and in person at our main headquarters located in the center of Seville, a 700m2 space where you will feel at home.
We would like to incorporate into our team people who bring their full potential and work comfortably in dynamic environments so that they can collaborate in a diverse range of projects.
What are we looking for
Ruby on Rails Senior Developer (Freelance)
What you will do
Your day to day would involve some tasks like these:
Partner with the front-end, product management team and client to develop a solid back-end architecture
Mentor and support other team members through code reviews and continuous feedback
Take initiative to research, troubleshoot and resolve bugs and issues as they arise
Be a flexible team player, stepping into a variety of roles, as needed
Besides showing us your previous works, you’ll need:
Strong experience building modern, elegant APIs using RoR
In-depth understanding of web development
Understand RESTful services and service oriented architecture
Be passionate about code quality and best practices
Ability to work both self-directed and collaboratively to deliver results in a fast paced, startup environment
Unbelievably positive attitude, sense of humor and/or thick skin
Consummate team player, able to wear multiple hats, and assist team members when needed
High English level
Here you are some perks why you’d love joining our team:
Salary scale. We base salary on experience, achieving a homogeneous and revisable system of remuneration. It ranges between 18/22K for Junior profiles and 24/32K for Seniors.
Flexible working hours. We want you to feel fulfilled, both professionally and personally, and that you have quality time not only at work but also with your friends and family.
Training plan. We need to stay up to date on technology and design trends, and we are aware that the only way to achieve this is by dedicating time for research and study.
Good vibes only. We take our job very seriously, but working with us is fun, we promise! For us is vital that we build a healthy work environment together.
Almanac’s mission is to democratize access to 21st century skills, insights, and tools so that no one is limited by knowledge in pursuit of their potential.
Through our own experiences, we’ve seen professionals at digital businesses waste too much time trying to find answers they can trust that help them do their jobs better. We believe this problem isn’t rooted in a lack of knowledge or expertise in the world, but in the deficiencies of tools we rely on to access, share, and improve how work gets done.
To make opportunity available to everyone, we’re building a knowledge platform that technology professionals can trust for documenting, distributing, and collaborating on how they work. We replace tools like Confluence and Google Docs to help individuals quickly access knowledge within and across companies that they can trust deeply.
We’ve been moving fast since we founded Almanac in January 2019. Since then, we’ve built and launched the initial version of our product, raised a $2M+ seed round from leading Silicon Valley investors, and grown our full-time team to 10 people.
We’ve seen deep demand from a broad cross section of customers, who are asking for a powerful platform that can help their employees be their best selves at work.
We’re looking for a hungry, talented engineer who wants to make a big impact at this early stage in our roadmap.
As a full stack engineer, you will be responsible for building out the intuitive, interactive experiences that our customers need to organize their own documentation, as well as determining the backend architecture and endpoints that we need to support those features.
Specifically, you will:
Our tech stack
- Write elegant, well-tested code in a modern technology stack
- Participate in standups, code reviews and retrospectives with our remote team
- Work closely with our Head of Engineering and the engineering team to make architecture and design decisions
- Help make sure everything runs smoothly & safely in production
- Set down standards around development, code review and deployment
Things we love
- Rails 5.2, Postgres 10.6, React, Algolia
- Team size: 11-50 people
About youWhat you bring to the role
- Self-documenting JSON APIs, Algolia, BDD, git, continuous delivery, Heroku, vim (ok, maybe just me), Tartine croissants
Skills that make you extraordinary
- You are confident working across the stack, whether its expanding our API or enhancing the frontend.
- You are passionate about writing clean and well-thought out code
- You want to karate kick technical debt in the chops
- You’re comfortable writing test suites in a test-driven environment
- You can craft a devastating SQL query to save the day when all else fails
- You are a strong communicator and able to clearly articulate technical problems
- You want to be an early contributor to our engineering culture and work environment
About working at Almanac
- Obsession with high-quality work
- Ability to work independently and to adapt to the developing requirements of our users and market
- Love of detailed, continuous feedback that makes the work better
- Desire to always move fast and prioritize speed over scope
- Passion to be an early contributor to our engineering culture and work environment
- Hunger to build a world-changing product
At Almanac, we’re looking for structured thinkers full of passion, ambition, and kindness. We’d love for you apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your experience, skills, and interests will help you stand out—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Almanac, we welcome people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions and the status quo. Join us.
At Almanac, we:
- Are fundamental optimists who believe we’re still only at the start of the digital age.
- Go to extraordinary lengths to distinguish ourselves through world-class work.
- Prioritize quality over speed, and speed over scope.
- Desire working with deeply kind, mission-driven people.
- Strive to make the complex simple.
- Use first principles to debate ideas, test assumptions, and make decisions.
- Seek the truth by putting data above opinions.
- Assume good intent and give tactical feedback to help each other get better.
- Hold no ego—when our customers win, we all win.
As a company, we are seriously committed to your professional development and growth:
- You will set your own monthly goals aligned with our ambitious strategy
- You will have our collective support in achieving major wins—and personal coaching from your manager
- You will be able to request and manage your own budget
- You will be encouraged to take risks, try new things, and be creative with your work
- You will have many opportunities to exchange and engage in feedback
- You will be offered continual chances to stretch yourself and raise your own bar
- You will be rewarded for achieving excellence and mastery
We are a diverse team from around the world on a mission to empower video creators to share their stories with everyone, and we want your help!
Join us as a Scala Developer and help us develop existing microservices and create new features!
This role is a bit unique. As part of our growing engineering team, you will mostly focus on porting existing Ruby on Rails services to Scala. This project will take from 4 to 6 months. When the port is complete, your responsibilities will shift to building and improving our new Scala API & Data Pipelines.
We are a remote company and our team works from wherever they want. That means you must be self-motivated to succeed. If that sounds great to you and you’re interested in empowering video creators, you’ll fit right in.What you will do:
What technologies do we use:
- Take ownership of services that you are working on.
- Migration of RoR business logic to Scala.
- Take the initiative to resolve product issues.
- Improve project architecture with the goal of increasing quality.
- Help teammates with brainstorming sessions, technical design discussions, and code reviews (we highly appreciate all sort of improvements).
- Write readable, testable, maintainable code.
What we are looking for:
- Scala — Cats, FS2, http4s, ZIO, izumi, doobie
- AWS — EKS, S3, SQS
- Databases — PosgreSQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB,
- Other useful things — kubernetes, docker, github
Other things to know:
- Strong understanding of REST API / Microservices concepts and best practices.
- Understanding of SOLID principles.
- Experience working on at least one large Scala application.
- Experience working with a variety of databases, especially PostgreSQL, MongoDB and DynamoDB.
- Effective project and time management skills.
- Creative problem solvers who take the initiative to improve products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Remote teams require things be written down and communicated clearly and kindly.
- We are a small, remote team in different time zones and communicate with a variety of tools through the day. You should feel comfortable in this situation.
- Sometimes we meet up! You can expect to travel once per year for a company retreat. (We visited Spain together last year!)
- We want to be the best platform for video creators. Everything we do is to build trust with our users and help them improve at their craft.
- We expect team members to run their own projects. This involves writing out specs, preparing project milestones, committing to a timeline, and providing weekly status updates.
- Projects are run transparently. Everyone is able to view the status of any project at any time and ask questions or lend a hand.
- We match or exceed market salary in the country you live in.
- We offer a flexible work schedule where you decide which hours to work. We expect an average commitment of 40 hours per week.
- We offer a generous vacation policy of taking time when you need it. Most team members take 4–5 weeks of time off per year.
- We support professional development and will pay for relevant courses and conferences.
- This is a full-time role and we are not open to short-term contracts.
- Our hiring process involves the following: Application, phone conversation, follow-up phone conversation to discuss the project, full-time offer.
We ask that you include a personal letter with your application. In this letter, please tell us why you think you’re the right person for this role, what you think about the migration of old systems to new technologies, why you’re interested in taking this position, and tell us about any remote work experience you have.
vidIQ does not work with recruiting agencies and strives to work with each candidate one-on-one through the hiring process. We will respect your time availability if you are currently employed.
vidIQ provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, or sexual orientation.
If you think you would thrive in this environment, we would love to hear from you. Please apply!
Support Engineer – Terraform Enterprise
HashiCorp is looking for a high-caliber customer facing engineering professional to join its Support Engineering team. This is a phenomenal opportunity to join a small team and have a direct impact on HashiCorp’s fast growing business. This highly visible position will be an integral part of both the Support Engineering and Terraform teams. You are a fit if you thrive in a fast-paced culture that values essential communication, collaboration, and results. You are a self-motivated, detail-oriented individual with an eye for automation, process improvement, and problem solving.
Collaborating with the Support Engineering Manager, you will be a key member of the Customer Success organization and will directly impact customer satisfaction and success. The Support engineer will triage incoming issues related to Terraform Enterprise and independently work to find viable solutions. You will contribute to product growth and development via weekly product and marketing meetings. You will attend customer and prospect meetings as needed to help debug or install the product and is expected to be a liaison between the customer and HashiCorp engineering. When possible, the Support Engineer will update and improve product documentation, guide feature development, and implement bug fixes based on customer feedback.
- Triage and solve incoming support requests via Zendesk within SLA
- Document and record all activity and communication with customers in accordance to both internal and external security standards
- Reproduce and debug customer issues by using or building existing tooling or configuration
- Attend weekly product engineering meetings to discuss issues pertinent to support
- Collaborate with engineers, sales engineers, sales representatives, and technical account managers to schedule, coordinate, and lead customer installs or debugging calls
- Contribute to product documentation, customer knowledge base, and best practices guides
- Continuously improve process and tools for normal, repetitive support tasks
- Periodic 24/7 on-call rotation
30 days: you should be able to -
- Holistic understanding of (P)TFE and the interaction with the TF ecosystem
- Successfully perform all common work flows within Terraform Enterprise
- One contribution to extend or improve product documentation or install guides
- Ability to answer Level 1 support inquiries with minimal assistance
60 days: you should be able to -
- Effectively triage and respond to Level 1 & 2 inquiries independently
- Provision and bootstrap (P)TFE instance with low-touch from engineering
- Ride along on 1-2 live customer install calls
- Locate and unpack the customer log files. Familiarity with its contents
- Effectively search for prior similar issues within ticketing system and the knowledge base
- Author one customer knowledge base article from area of subject matter expertise
90 days: you should be able to -
- Effectively triage and respond to a production down issue with minimal assistance
- Run point on a live customer install without assistance
- Independently find points of error and identify root cause in the customer log files and report relevant details to engineering
- Implement small bug fixes or feature improvements
- Read all incoming RFCs and PRDs from Engineering
- Collaborate or comment on Engineering RFCs and PRDs
- 3+ years Support Engineering, Software Engineering, or System Administration experience
- At least 2 years in a customer facing role
- Expertise in Open Source and SaaS is a major advantage
- Excellent presence; strong written and verbal communication skills
- Upbeat, passionate, and unparalleled customer focus
- Well-organized, has excellent work ethic, pays attention to detail, and self-starting
- Experience managing and influencing change in organizations
- Strong project management skills
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails, Ember.js, Bash, or Go
- Interest in cloud adoption and technology at scale
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, Technical Writing, or equivalent professional experience
About HashiCorp and this opportunity
This is a full-time position with a highly competitive compensation and benefits package. You will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic and ambitious team. HashiCorp is a series C start-up in San Francisco that is best known for creating a suite of software tools that help enterprise companies automate their infrastructure and helps them migrate to the cloud. HashiCorp’s software suite allows users to provision, secure and run any infrastructure for any application.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
About UsAt GovPredict, we build products that make government more transparent and politics more efficient. Our clients count on our product to deliver timely information about political activity and manage their advocates to win their public affairs campaigns.
GovPredict's intelligence platform gives public affairs and political professionals access to millions of structured documents that concern federal, state, and local politics. An integrated grassroots platform supports advocacy campaigns to influence legislative and regulatory proposals. Our campaign contributions database is the largest in the world.
Our clients span many categories: associations like the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) and the Farm Credit Council, Fortune 500 companies like Fox Corporation, educational institutions like the University of Pennsylvania, and various political campaigns, parties, & Congressional offices from both sides of the aisle.
GovPredict is headquartered in Washington, DC. We also have offices in Chisinau, Moldova and Belo Horizonte, Brazil. We're growing fast and backed by Y Combinator and Joe Lonsdale, among others. Our friendly and hard-working team hopes to welcome you onboard!Our Tech StackRuby on Rails, ReactJS, React Native, Python scrapers, Postgres, Mongo, Redis, Elastic Search, AWS, RabbitMQ, Terraform, and Ansible.Responsibilities
- Take ownership over multiple products within the GovPredict suite to improve customer satisfaction and grow revenue
- Own product development work of approximately 10 software engineers across two engineering teams
- Work cross-functionally with sales and customer success to ensure new business and customer happiness
- Deeply understand customer use cases and pain points
- Collaborate with business development, design, marketing, and other GP teams
- Identify new product opportunities and work together with engineering and design teams to see them through
- Build web and mobile products for public affairs teams
- A bachelor's degree
- 3+ years experience as a product manager of a SaaS product
- Experience shipping complex software to real users
- Has worked closely with software engineers to deliver products
- Can formulate a product vision and can prioritize tasks to achieve it
- Power user of JIRA or a similar tool
- Embraces process and can identify ways to improve our processes
- Permanent US work authorization
- Required: USA-based and willing to travel to Washington, DC on occasion