Remote infrastructure security Jobs in March 2020
2 Remote infrastructure security Jobs in March 2020Post a job
At Netlify, we're building a platform to empower web developers to build better, more elaborate web projects than ever before. We're aiming to change the landscape of modern web development. Netlify currently serves more than 800,000 developers worldwide.
We recently raised $53M in Series C funding to bring forward the next generation of tooling for a more accessible web. This round was led by the EQT Ventures with participation from existing investors Andreessen Horowitz & Kleiner Perkins. This brings Netlify’s funding raised in total to $98M to date. Other past investors include Bloomberg Beta, Designer Fund, and Tank Hill Ventures, as well as the founders of Figma, GitHub, Slack and Yelp.
Netlify is a diverse group of incredible talent from all over the world. We’re ~40% woman or non-binary, and are composed of about half as many nationalities as we are team members.About the Position
As a key member of the Security team, you will work with various teams on application, infrastructure, corporate security and everything adjacent. Although you will not be coding every day, a software engineering background is essential to discuss architecture and code reviews with the Engineering team.Key responsibilities:
- Continuously conduct security assessments on our internal assets and existing and future products.
- Build and deploy security automation and tooling to verify and further increase our security posture.
- Manage our vulnerability management program and work with the relevant teams to prioritize remediation efforts.
- Build processes to ensure that security is part of our engineering DNA.
- Manage secure coding training across the teams.
- Experience in application and infrastructure security, especially in cloud environments.
- Experience with secure software development lifecycles, from threat modelling to code reviews.
- Knowledge of container security and orchestration.
- Experience with several programming languages such as Go, Ruby, and C/C++.
- A demonstrated ability to empathize, collaborate, and communicate across teams.
- Ability to work across multiple time zones with remote colleagues.
- 3 or more years experience working as a full-time application or infrastructure security engineer.
- BONUS: exposure to compliance audits such as SOC 2, ISO 27001 and PCI.
Of everything we've ever built at Netlify, we are most proud of our team.
We believe that empowered, engaged colleagues do their best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions to improve not just in your daily job, but every aspect of building a company. Whether you work from our main office in San Francisco or you are a remote employee, we’ll be working together a lot—paring, collaborating, debating, and learning. We want you to succeed! About 60% of the company are remote across the globe, the rest are in our HQ in San Francisco.
To learn a bit more about our team and who we are, make sure to visit our about page.Applying
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
With your application, please include: A thoughtful cover letter explaining why you enjoy the role and why you’d like to work at Netlify. A resume or short listing of job history. (A link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine.)
When we receive your complete application with the items above, we’ll get back to you about the next steps.
Who are we?
Our vision is of a global community of individuals empowered to pursue the work they love. Our mission is to grow that community by transforming millions of thinkers into creators.
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.The Role
Engineering at GA sits within the Technology department and is broken into key responsibility areas, Marketing Technology, Education Technology, Data, and Infrastructure. Marketing Technology is accountable for potential customers and their journey to become a GA learner. Education Technology is focused on the technology that enables our learning experience and supporting tools. Data handles everything related to data at GA and finally, there is Infrastructure, which handles the stability, scalability, and security of our infrastructure and the tools we use.
This role will lead Infrastructure within Technology at GA which is comprised of four high performing teams, three based in the US and one in Malaysia. Each team is led by a technical, hands-on Engineering Manager that will report to you. These teams are responsible for several key functions including Security, DevOps, Salesforce, Engineering Support, and Data Protection. As the head of Infrastructure, you will have the autonomy to build, mature, and lead these teams to help achieve our overall technology strategy that supports our business needs.
This is a strong technical role that requires an excellent communicator and problem solver who can demonstrate having partnered with Engineers, Project Managers, Designers, and other disciplines to reliably and consistently guide their teams to exceptional results.
Our expectations for the role and your responsibilities are:
- Deep engineering knowledge and experience, especially with Ruby. Domain expert for the functionality of all Infrastructure applications and tools. Speak crisply to the current and planned functionality of all applications. Proven experience leveraging cloud solutions and managing legacy software.
- Application and infrastructure security experience, including supervising vulnerability assessment and managing security incidents.
- Lead and inspire a team of engineers, designers, and a technical project manager to focus on the highest value and impact items.
- Defining, communicating and evangelizing the group vision and mission in alignment with the company. Build and execute an agreed roadmap. Develop business cases for initiatives to make major prioritization decisions.
- Monitor and set strategy around quality and performance, including fiscal performance.
- Demonstrate very high availability for applications. Maintain an oncall structure such that high priority production issues are handled quickly and efficiently 24x7, execute a root cause analysis process for any outages and track the resolution of the resulting action items.
- Oversee multiple projects across different teams with a mastery understanding of dependency management in complex projects.
- Provide technical strategy and oversight, identifying synergies between your teams, and realizing opportunities for growth, while providing thought leadership and insight into emerging trends.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to successfully partner with cross-functional teams and business stakeholders to help drive your roadmap.
- Be a mentor and coach, fostering ownership, guiding personal growth, and constantly striving to raise the bar on delivery performance and quality, with a transparent plan in place for each member of your team that outlines their desired next step in their career and the steps required to get them there.
Who can apply?
- Highly Competitive Salary and Health Benefits
- Generous parental leave
- Annual Education Allowance
- Gym and Phone Allowance
- Apple MacBook Pro + External Monitor
NYC or Remote