Remote graphic designer Jobs in February 2020
2 Remote graphic designer Jobs in February 2020Post a job
The problem: In 2017, nearly 60% of adults in sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
How we're solving it: We're building financial services to work as they should: no account fees, instantly available and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always function, we're creating financial infrastructure that "just works." In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments and we recently launched in Cote d'Ivoire. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. That's where you come in...
How you'll help us achieve it
We know design can help us make a great impression on potential users as well as hiring candidates. We recently worked with a design firm to develop a new brand which will launch next month. We're looking for someone to join our team to implement our new brand in all our materials (posters, signs, flyers, etc.), aiming at a press launch in Q2 2020, then move onto mobile app and web graphic design. You will report to the Head of Product.
Understand and express our mission, values, strategy and users' needs through design.
Take ownership of a companywide brand design style guide of reusable components.
Produce sketches and comprehensive layouts of print, web page and mobile app design, gather feedback and iterate.
Finish designs for print and collateral.
Finish, slice, export and debug assets (images, stylesheets and android layouts) for use in website and mobile apps on different devices (an engineer will have some time to help with the process as needed).
Understand and apply web and Android platform design principles and best-practices.
Have substantial experience in either print or application graphic design:
If print — heavily involved in print/collateral design at a tech company, and at least peripheral involvement in web or app design
If app — owned the visual design of an important feature on web or mobile
Have at least some experience in each of print design, web/app design, and technical design work (e.g. fixing layout bugs)
Bonus points if:
Experience with user experience design
Location: We are a globally distributed remote company - work from wherever makes you happy!
This is a full-time position and includes equity.
Use whatever tools you prefer, but we currently have a bunch of stuff in Sketch.
Subsidized health insurance for you and your dependents and retirement contributions (both vary from country-to-country)
26 weeks fully paid parental leave and subsidized fertility assistance
Unlimited vacation with a 20-day minimum requirement
$10,000 annual charitable donation matching
We're a team of ~130 people (90 Senegalese and 40 International) who are deeply passionate about our mission of bringing great financial services to the people who need them most. Our team works remotely across North America, Europe and Africa.
Every nine weeks our HQ team goes on a five-day retreat together in French-speaking sub-Saharan Africa.
We’re backed by world-class investors including Khosla Ventures, Founders Fund, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
If interested, please apply here with your CV and portfolio. The portfolio would ideally showcase:
A variety of product-oriented print, web and/or mobile app designs
A strong visual aesthetic and understanding of color, typography, iconography and branding
Practical skills with modern design software tools
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
f2pool has built the world’s leading cryptocurrency mining pool serving in more than 100 countries. With support for more than 40 proof-of-work cryptocurrencies, and as a top 3 mining pool operator for 20 of these networks, we have played a major part in securing blockchain infrastructure and educating the global community about cryptocurrency mining. We are looking for a graphic designer that is skilled both in the design of marketing materials and user interface designs to help us build the world's best brand and product for PoW and PoS mining. At first most of the work would be related to marketing events and social media campaigns, later we will work on the redesign of our mining pool for the worldwide audience.
Locations We are a distributed team with offices in Seoul, Beijing, Shenzhen and Bangkok. So you can choose to work in one of these cities or work with us remotely.
About the Role
- Develop concepts and designs for digital and social media marketing, occasionally print designs.
- Work with developers and product team on user interface designs.
- Participate in all aspects of the design process from ideation to final execution.
- Think creatively and develop new design concepts, ideas, and layouts.
- Share work early and often and seek out constructive feedback from others.
- Care deeply about the quality of work with a desire for improvement.
- Execute consistent designs aligned with existing style guides.
- Collaborate with video editors, marketing managers, and other designers.
- Build and maintain design standards and brand guides.
- Work both on graphic designs with marketing team and on user interface designs with product team.
- 4+ years of working experience as a graphic designer or user interface designer.
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.
- Highly proficient in digital product design and user interface design in Sketch.
- Great communication skills in English (written and verbal )
- Working knowledge of the digital landscape in media, social, design, and technology.
- Team player and with a proactive work ethic.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to details.
- Be interested and motivated to learn and grow.
Nice If You Also Have
- Knowledge of user experience design, psychology and related fields.
- Ability to make simple Illustrations.
- HTML/CSS/JS knowledge and basic coding skills.
- Knowledge of blockchain and cryptocurrency.
- Knowledge of Chinese, Korean or any other languages.
- Previous experience of working in remote companies or with remote teams.
We're excited to see your resume along with your portfolio