Remote competitive intelligence Jobs in February 2020
2 Remote competitive intelligence Jobs in February 2020Post a job
Zoom is growing at an explosive pace by every measure - revenues, people, innovation, and customers. Led by Eric S. Yuan, the #1 ranked CEO on Glassdoor, our unique culture makes Zoom an awesome place to work. We are expanding teams across the organization. If you are motivated by delivering happiness, come join us at Zoom!Who we are:Zoom is a company driven by our unique culture and focus on delivering happiness to our customers. By focusing on happy employees and happy customers, we have experienced amazing growth and success. Led by Eric S. Yuan, the #1 ranked CEO on Glassdoor, our unique culture, focus on teamwork and fun environment makes Zoom an awesome place to work. We are expanding teams across the organization and we need more amazing “Zoomies” to join the team! If you are motivated by delivering happiness, come join us at Zoom!Role & Responsibilities
- Please note: This role is a remote position in Germany, focusing on the DACH region. You can be based anywhere in Germany.
- The Solution Engineer role at Zoom is an exciting and rewarding position. We are looking for a technical sales professional with knowledge of customer business drivers to adopt the Zoom Communication platform, focused on our Zoom Phone product. The Solution Engineer acts as a trusted advisor and plays an integral part in delivering Happiness to our customers.
- This individual serves as the lead advocate for customers; translating technical needs into product development recommendations, testing of customer environments and driving customer demand/features internally within Zoom. Must be able to understand and articulate Zoom's architectural advantages to our customers and support the Account Executive when it comes to proposing and designing solutions to our customers biggest collaboration challenges.
As a Solution Engineer you will be:
- The ideal candidate will be self-driven and have a background in cloud-based telephony, knowledge of Zoom communication platform (Chat, Meetings, Video, Phone, Marketplace/API) and/or competitive equivalent. In depth knowledge of Microsoft and application-based competition is preferred.
- Designing next generation communication solutions for Zoom customers
- Conducting demo and proof of concepts for prospective Zoom customers
- Solution and architectural design and selling
- RFQ/RFP response/preparation
- Building competitive intelligence
- Working Across Multiple Boundaries
- Driving the Zoom Vision
Requirements to be successful:
- We will greatly promote the use of the amazing Zoom tools we have to maximize all the resources at Zoom but there will be travel required in the DACH region.
- 10+ years of technical experience in Collaboration technologies (background in cloud telephony, UCaaS, knowledge of Zoom communication platform (Chat, Meetings, Video, Phone, Marketplace/API) and/or competitive equivalent)
- 5+ years in a customer facing technical role required
- Thorough competitive knowledge (in their area of specialization) including solution, technology and product offerings.
- Zoom Communication platform and end-to-end positioning required
- Typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent.
- Strong business acumen and executive presence
Zoom Video Communications Company Culture Highlights:• Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company Work-Life Balance 2019 • Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company Compensation 2019 • Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company Happiness 2019 • Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company Perks & Benefits 2019 • Sales Department is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Diversity on Comparably. • Zoom Video Communications is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Professional Development on Comparably. • Zoom Video Communications is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Overall Culture on Comparably. Check us out on Comparably: https://www.comparably.com/companies/zoom-video-communicationsCheck us out with a free download: zoom.us/downloadZoom Video Communications is an equal opportunity employer and evaluates applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status. Our combined differences are what make us Zoom!
- Be flexible and able to function in a high growth environment
Our Customers Develop Software at the Speed of Ideas
CloudBees is powering the continuous economy by offering the world’s first end-to-end continuous software delivery management system (SDM). For millions of developers and product teams driving innovation for businesses large or small, SDM builds on continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) to enable all functions and teams within and around the software delivery organization to best work together to amplify value creation.
CloudBees is the continuous integration (CI), continuous delivery (CD) and application release automation (ARA) powerhouse built from the commercial success of its products and its open source leadership as the largest contributor to Jenkins and a founding member of the Continuous Delivery Foundation (CDF). With a globally distributed workforce of more than 500 employees, the company reflects the global nature of the DevOps movement. We believe in walking the talk! From startups with full-stack developers practicing NoOps to large Fortune 100 companies, CloudBees enables all software-driven organizations to intelligently deploy the right capabilities at the right time.
Over 3,500 of the world’s best known brands and over 50% of the Fortune 500, invest in CloudBees because of its ability to work across any cloud, in any development environment and to balance corporate governance and control with developer flexibility and freedom.
CloudBees is home to the world’s leading DevOps experts helping thousands of companies harness the power of “continuous everything” and putting them on the fastest path from great idea, to great software, to great business value.
What You’ll Do
We are looking for a Competitive Intelligence Manager to identify competitive trends, provide early warnings on threats and opportunities in the evolving competitive CI/CD, DevOps and overall software delivery landscape, and evaluating their impact on CloudBees.
As an integral part of the product marketing team, the Competitive Intelligence Manager will work across product management, product marketing, solutions architects and field sales to collaborate and gather information on key competitors that share the CI/CD market with CloudBees.
You will have full responsibility for researching and reporting on organizations that directly and indirectly compete with CloudBees across our solutions suite, with the overall goal of enabling the Sales teams and Business Partners with winning competitive strategies.
The candidate must be a self-starter and passionate about investigative research to uncover competitive advantage, have insights into buyers needs around DevOps, CI/CD and software delivery processes, develop competitive collateral such as battlecards, presentations, sales training materials and marketing materials that positions CloudBees to win.
We’re looking for someone who can solve problems creatively and collaboratively, and work effectively in a diverse, geographically distributed team environment across business and technical domains. At CloudBees it’s in our culture to learn, adapt and improve, so you’ll also be someone who isn’t afraid to try new things!
- Own and drive competitive strategy and analysis for CloudBees
- Identify and monitor sources of information on competitors websites on products, pricing and company capability
- Subscribe to independent industry research, review published research reports, converse with analysts to obtain information on competitors’ market share, sales and strategies
- Monitor social networks and product review sites provides information on customers’ attitudes towards competitors and their products
- Track advertising or news of product launches in industry publications and analysts reports with information on competitors’ marketing activities
- Track competitive wins and losses
- Develop competitive battlecards, presentations and other assets
- Assist sales with actionable competitive intelligence and strategy to win deals
- Train sales team and partners on competitive differentiation on an ongoing basis
- Evangelize CloudBees’ competitive differentiation through internal channels
- Interface regularly with field sales, Technical field teams and Business Partners
- Support a global, rapidly expanding, marketing and sales organization to build compelling competitive content
- Monitor, mine and curate competitive nuggets from independent review sites like G2Crowd, Capterra, Gartner Peer Insights, IT Central Station and TrustRadius
- Collaborate with the broader Marketing, Sales, Operations, and Development/ Product teams to translate competitive insights into concrete business recommendations
- Experience working with third parties for activities such as lab validations and product comparison a plus
What the Role Requires
- 5+ years of experience in the high tech space in disciplines such as:
- Competitive Intelligence
- Product management
- Product marketing
- Technical marketing
- Field or technical sales
- Account management
- Demonstrated experience in developing key competitive messages and articulating competitive strategy
- Performed competitive research and develop solid conclusions and sound recommendations
- Published whitepapers, best practices, blog posts, competitive comparisons and product datasheets
- Understanding of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery solutions ((Jenkins, Codeship, Gitlab, CircleCI, GoCD, XebiaLabs, TaskTop, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to convey ideas into compelling creative concepts, create impactful written competitive content to convey complex subject matter clearly and accurately
What You’ll Get
- Highly competitive benefits and vacation package
- Ability to work for one of the fastest growing companies with some of the most talented people in the industry
- Team outings
- Fun, Hardworking, and Casual Environment
- Endless Growth Opportunities
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.