is the open-source standard for EL(T). We enable data teams to replicate data from applications, APIs, and databases to data warehouses, lakes, and other destinations. We believe only an open-source approach can solve the problem of data integration, as it enables us to cover the long tail of integrations while enabling teams to adapt pre-built connectors to their needs. Within just 14 months, we've built 130+ connectors and we've had 6,000+ companies syncing data with us.
We're backed by some of the world's top investors (Benchmark, Accel, Y Combinator, etc.) and believe in product-led growth, where we build something awesome and let our product bring the users, rather than an outbound sales engine with cold calls.
As a Developer Advocate, you’ll establish strong relationships with developers around the world in a scalable way, by crafting great resources to help developers build with Airbyte, including open source demos, code samples, documentation, how-to guides, blog posts, and demo hours. You’ll foster developer communities, championing their interests and translating their feedback into actionable product insights.
If you’re passionate about connecting with developers, trying out new frameworks and technologies, and sharing what you’ve learned with the world, we’d love to hear from you.
What You'll Do
- Drive better practices by creating blog and video content, developing code samples and open source tools, and/or speaking at events.
- Work with the community team to develop and sustain the Airbyte Slack community, listening to feedback and rewarding community members for their participation.
- Assist with Airbyte documentation, tutorials, and other education efforts within DevRel.
- Assist with Airbyte forum management, events, and other community engagement within DevRel.
- Build and nurture relationships with Airbyte champions and other community leaders.
- Engage external communities like Stack Overflow, GitHub, Slack, Reddit, and Discord to identify new resources that should be created, and own the delivery of those pieces.
- Participate in the developer data ecosystem and community, building strong relationships with engineers, data engineers, data analysts, product managers, and founders.
- Engage with various kinds of Airbyte users to understand their perspectives, workflows, and use cases.
- Define and own metrics to measure the success of our developer content and outreach efforts and initiatives.
- Speak at conferences, contribute to events, and engage in communities like Stack Overflow and GitHub.
- Communicate developer requirements and provide input to product management on feature enhancements and future product direction.
What You'll Need
- 5 years of experience in developer education, developer relations, and technical writing.
- You have a working knowledge of data platforms and developer tools like SDKs and APIs, and have experience of writing code sample projects, demos, or tutorials.
- Experience of working within cross-functional teams (product management, marketing, product engineering, support, customer success, etc).
- Scrappy & has a mindset that done is better than perfect. Many of the community projects are early and will have shifts in direction.
- Creative, empathetic, communicative, and clever.
- Confident and comfortable presenting to different types of audiences, large and small.
- Adept at communicating technically complicated topics simply and elegantly.
- Maintain a strong and credible presence in online platforms and social media channels relevant to developers.
- Experienced keynote speaker at leading technical conferences.
- Able to work long hours and weekends to support short-term projects (when needed).
- Creative by nature, facilitator of engaging, active and thriving online communities.
- Data enthusiast - able to provide examples of how you use data to measure success.
- Able to multitask and meet time-sensitive goals.
- Flexible work environment as fully remote - we don’t look at when you log in, log out or how much time you work. We trust you, it’s the only way remote can actually work.
- Unlimited vacation policy with mandatory minimum time off - so you can fit work around your life.
- Co-working space stipend - we provide everyone with $200/month to use on a coworking space of their choice, if any.
- Parental leave (for both parents, after one year spent with the company) - so those raising families can do so while still working for us.
- Open book policy - we reimburse books that employees want to purchase for their professional and career development.
- Continuous learning / training policy - we sponsor the conferences and training programs you feel would add to your development in the company.
- Health insurance for those from countries that do not provide this freely. With Blue Shield and Kaiser Permanente in the US.
- 401k for the US employees.
- Sponsored visas for those who need them
- We'll give you a corporate card for expenses. Our philosophy is Freedom & Responsibility. We trust you, just do what's best for the company.
Airbyte is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, veteran or military status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Airbyte is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. Please let us know if you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time