1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Singapore
Aliens is building a crypto-focused news & content discovery platform designed to inform and inspire the world. If you get excited by the thought of joining a highly experienced, fast-paced global team and get excited about building the future, this role may be the one for you.
We are looking for a skilled Managing Editor to oversee our company’s daily publishing operations. You will be reporting only to the editor in chief and supervise writers, editors and other staff. A managing editor combines the innovativeness of a writer with the practical focus of an operations manager. You should be able to suggest ideas for stories and see them through to publication. We expect excellent organizational and leaderships skills as well as a unique problem-solving ability.
- Plan and manage all daily operations
- Hire, coach and supervise personnel
- Collaborate with editor in chief to determine issues’ content and topics
- Coordinate editorial publications and meetings
- Plan and approve assignments for writers and editors
- Control schedules and enforce deadlines (for writers, photographers, designers etc.)
- Oversee proofreading procedures and edit copy when necessary
- Assist in evaluating finalized copy for compliance with policies, style and tone
- Resolve issues as they arise
- Attend events on behalf of the company or editor in chief
- Proven experience as managing editor or relevant role
- Deep knowledge of the crypto and blockchain space.
- Knowledge of crypto lingo
- Exceptional ability in copywriting and editing
- Proficiency in English
- Working knowledge of online platforms like Wordpress and SEO concepts
- Abilities in planning and coordinating people and operations
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and people abilities
- Reliability and efficiency
- Attention to detail
- BSc/BA in journalism or relevant field
- Impact & Purpose: You’ll be part of something bigger, working towards creating opportunities for financial inclusion across the world. You’ll also be joining us at the beginning of a new chapter giving you the opportunity to have a major impact on the future of the company.
- Culture: You'll work in a thriving, friendly, remote-first startup environment that promotes open discussions, jokes, learning, video games, and lots of fun.
- People: You'll work with some of the most driven, experienced and intelligent people in the startup space.
- Flexible Remote Working
- Salary & benefits: Get a competitive salary paid in CRYPTO - this will be tailored according to experience.
- We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Singapore.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈