1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Software Development
eComEngine is a SaaS (software-as-a-service) company serving the rapidly growing small to mid-sized internet retailer market, with a major focus on sellers using the Amazon third-party marketplace. Our business model and processes are based on lean-agile principles. We seek to continuously improve our products based on ongoing customer and stakeholder input and prioritization of the highest-value activities.
We are looking for a full-time remote Technical Lead (US-based) to lead a team in the technical evolution of our flagship product. We have begun our journey to an event-driven architecture with cloud-native backends supporting single-page applications deployed in Microsoft Azure. You would play a critical role in driving the day to day development while planning for and ultimately executing its cloud re-architecture. This role is a great opportunity for anyone seeking a technical leadership role while still staying hands on with the technology.
- You’ll provide day to day management and support of your team members as you design, build, and deliver business features that provide a best-in-class reputation management product. You’ll develop features alongside your teammates while being strategic about what you work on yourself and how you can contribute with the highest amount of leverage.
- You’ll define a technical vision for your product’s architecture and coach your team in completing their work to support the migration of the applications to the cloud over the next 12-18 months.
- You’ll work with other technology peers to align your technical vision for your product as part of migration planning efforts in alignment with our other cloud migration objectives and activities.
- You’ll collaborate with your Product Manager on technical issues or obstacles that may affect sequencing and to identify work items to remove technical debt and complete other technical work that improves the team’s ability to deliver
- You’ll make recommendations for improvements in our processes, products, and overall use of technology based on your experience and request resources that would improve your ability to lead your team in its mission.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Expert knowledge of software development fundamentals, particularly object-oriented design principles, patterns, and anti-patterns. Able to discuss trade-offs and options inherent in any potential design.
- Significant professional experience and broad understanding of the language fundamentals of any modern systems development language. It’s less important you already know our specific stack than that you have deep experience in languages or frameworks that translate to what we’re using.
- Experience with .NET Core and Angular or similar frameworks or the desire to learn these technologies.
- Experience with one or more modern application and system architecture patterns and principles such as Ports and Adapters, Clean Architecture, Vertical Slice Architecture, Cloud-Native, and 12 Factor.
- Expert knowledge of relational database design, indexing, and performance tuning. Bonus for experience with large-scale data processing systems, batch and stream processing, non-relational databases, and analytics
- Experience with automated testing, particularly automated unit tests and integration tests. Demonstrated ability to refactor code to improve its testability and to coach teammates in improving their own test development skills.
- Experience working with and evolving enterprise-scale legacy applications. Bonus for experience in SaaS and eCommerce applications.
- Experience managing other software developers or the desire to do so.
Our Core Values:
- Ownership (Mind) - We act on behalf of the entire company, beyond just our own seat. We use good judgment. We take initiative. We strive toward a deep understanding of how our daily work fits into the broader picture. We are accountable for our actions.
- Drive (Heart) - We contribute our unique expertise to enable our customers’ success by walking in their shoes, discovering what they need, and making it happen. We care about our work and one another. We acknowledge and learn from our mistakes. We work hard and have fun. We are energized when we grow and develop.
- Integrity (Conscience) - We do the right thing even though no one is looking. We are guided firmly by the values and principles we stand for. We don’t take unnecessary shortcuts. We are transparent.
- Innovation (Engine) - We inspect and adapt our work in the pursuit of excellence. We consistently identify and execute on opportunities for improvement. We evaluate best practices in the industry and then look for ways to improve them further.
What you’ll love about us:
- 100% remote position with a great company culture and flexibility
- 100% of your health and dental premiums and 50% for spouse and family dependents
- Company-paid life insurance, 401k plan with guaranteed 3% company contribution plus discretionary profit-based contributions
- Work that stays at work - genuine work life balance at eComEngine
- Flexible Time Off (FTO) to have the freedom to manage your work/life balance
- Focus on career development such as book reimbursement, training, conferences, and more
- Fun virtual and in person team building events and gatherings to shoot the breeze with your co-workers
eComEngine provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, this policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please, do not apply if you are not based in the USA.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈