Software Engineer, Full Stack
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Software Development
Renaissance is the leader in PreK12 learning analytics—enabling teachers, curriculum creators, and educators to drive phenomenal student growth. Renaissance’s solutions help educators analyze, customize, and plan personalized learning paths for students, allowing time for what matters---creating energizing learning experiences in the classrooms.
At Renaissance, you’ll join a company passionate about accelerating learning for all—a mission that resonates with the dedicated professionals that work to develop and support world-class products used in over one-third of U.S. schools and more than 90 countries worldwide. By delivering deep insight into what students know, what they like, and how they learn, our products are helping educators make an impact on the lives of millions of students.
Empower People to Use Data to Increase Student Success
Schoolzilla is a product group within Renaissance whose mission is to change millions of students’ lives by enabling people to use data to run great schools. Teachers and school leaders need lots of data to make good decisions for their students, but most of them can’t get the data they need in any kind of useful, actionable format. Schoolzilla's team of developers, data visualizers, seasoned educators and K-12 experts have done just that: we've made data easy to find, understand, and act on for school districts everywhere. We've already helped thousands of schools make better, faster decisions with our platform.
Every day we live our founding values: Driven by Mission, Better Together, Teammates Matter, Equity At The Center, and Intellectual Humilarity (humility + hilarity).
How You Can Help
Schoolzilla’s Engineering team is responsible for empowering school systems across the country to take data-driven action by delivering timely, accurate, and actionable data. As a member of this team, you'll be at the center of product innovation. You'll collaborate with product managers, designers, and your fellow engineers to take ideas from concept to reality, utilizing your full range of technical skills and a healthy dose of user empathy.
What You’ll Do:
- Craft fault-tolerant UIs and microservices that can deliver beautiful analytical experiences that scale by millions of students
- Solve complex data delivery problems to provide performant, real-time ad hoc aggregate analysis
- Partner with a collaborative, lively team of fellow engineers and product owners to target new features and products that will delight users
- Advocate for code development and delivery improvements to ensure well-tested code is shipped early+often and is actively monitored once in the wild
- Develop and improve internal services, scripts, and tools that will be leveraged throughout the company
- Experience developing single page applications utilizing frameworks such as Angular or Vue
- Experience designing, implementing, and supporting modern, enterprise-scale microservice layers
- Proven fluency in one or more major programming languages, such as Python or Java
- Proficiency with utilizing major relational databases, such as MS SQL Server and Postgres
- Knowledge of modern, cloud-based web architecture and best practices
- Experience working in an Agile software development organization
Bonus Points For:
- Understanding of how data is used in K-12 education
- Experience with frameworks or services we use, like Angular, SQL Server, Postgres, Flask, Redis, and Docker
- Familiarity with the tools we use, like AWS, Datadog, New Relic, Jenkins, and Rancher - plus experience with tools we don’t use, but should, and the wisdom to know when to recommend them
- Experience using non-relational data stores, such as document stores, key-value stores, and graph databases
- Experience working remotely or as part of a geographically distributed team
- Experience working in an organization that utilizes DevOps practices
- Mission-Driven: You feel a deep sense of ownership for your work, and a relentless desire to deliver better results. You are passionate about solving problems for our users.
- A Lifelong Learner: You love learning new things. You're curious and ask good questions. You solicit feedback from others, accept it with grace, and act on it.
- Flexible: You are comfortable with technical ambiguity and welcome rapid iteration
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!