Senior Software Engineer in Test (SET)
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: TZ: UTC -3 to UTC +5
Category: Software Dev
Netdata is looking for talented Software Engineers in Test (SET) to join our distributed (remote) engineering team. As a SET at Netdata, you will need to be passionate about Software Quality Assurance, capable of both exploratory manual testing and authoring of test suites for automated testing. Our products include both modern microservices-based backends, reactive web applications and monolithic, statically linked linux binaries. Your knowledge and experience in test automation across the 'test pyramid', in various platforms combined with your excellent communication and teamwork skills will actively contribute to the quality of the Netdata platform.
- Collaborate with software and DevOps engineers across the company to understand, develop and automate test and deployment processes.
- Author, optimize and maintain comprehensive integration and end-to-end (system) test suites for the Netdata platform, including our open-source offering.Your work will entail significant scripting work in order to automate processes and setup testing environments.
- Perform manual exploratory end-to-end (system) and integration testing for newly created features — and then create the respective test automation scenarios for those manual tests.
- Be an advocate for Test Driven Development (TDD) and software development best practices across Netdata, through the introduction and observance of 'shift left' principles.
- Educate software engineers on how to author efficient unit and component tests for their code, by demonstrating proper techniques, frameworks and tools.
- Communicate Code Quality metrics to all stakeholders.
- Understand and review complex systems already in existence.
- Actively participate in the planning phases of new systems under development.
Why join Netdata
- We are a team of industry veterans and senior engineers that prioritize performance and ease of use over anything else.
- We embrace remote work and great work-life balance.
- We are solving hard problems that affect thousands of organizations worldwide.
- We are deeply committed to Open Source and love our community.
- We deeply care about system performance.
- A competitive salary.
- A generous stock plan.
- To join a venture-backed startup working with some of the most sophisticated investors of Silicon Valley.
- To be part of our world-class team and interact with an amazing community.
- To see first-hand how to grow and succeed in an engineering-first, open source-based company.
- To find a culture that rewards doers.
- Required experience
- Minimum 3 years experience as a software engineer .
- Familiarity with UNIX-like systems and environments.
- Familiarity with scripting languages.
- Familiarity with modern CI/CD pipelines, including open source platforms (Jenkins, Gitlab.)
- Strong experience in Test Automation. We expect all candidates to have proven experience with the implementation, maintenance, optimization and extension of large test suites in Cucumber, Selenium, TestNG, REST-assured, or equivalent frameworks.
- An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Familiarity with microservice-based integration and systems testing is a significant plus.
- Familiarity with contract testing
- Experience with the Google Cloud Platform
- ISTQB Advanced certifications are considered a plus
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field
Netdata is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment for everyone, regardless of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military service or other non-merit factor.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!