Senior Ruby Engineer - EU
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: EU only
Category: Software Development
As with many young companies, your responsibilities will change over time. However, here are some of the things we expect you to take on as a Senior Ruby Engineer:
- Gather and process large volumes of data. You will play a meaningful role in improving a backend that processes very high volumes of raw data.
- Support the rest of the team in improving the quality of our main Rails application.
- Contribute to technology strategy; Take a front seat in our decision-making on evolving our data processing pipeline using technologies that fit our purposes.
- Support junior engineers through high-quality, scalable engineering designs and helpful code reviews.
- Stay up to date with the latest trends in (relevant) technology.
- You are very well versed with Ruby (this is a Ruby-heavy role).
- You have 4+ years of experience, with at least 2 of them in developing high traffic web applications.
- Experience in SQL and data processing. We use PostgreSQL for almost everything.
- Good knowledge of software development fundamentals; how to structure programs and decompose problems, when to apply patterns, when and how to select the right paradigm for a task.
- Next to speaking English fluently, you can understand and translate business requirements into clearly articulated technology solutions.
Nice to Have:
- Practical knowledge of CI/CD systems.
- Practical knowledge of provisioning and orchestration tools. We presently use SaltStack and Terraform.
- Practical knowledge of job schedulers such as Sidekiq, Faktory, and/or pg_cron.
- You're passionate about coding. You know how to run code, not just write it.
- You're pragmatic and know when to be hands-on, and enjoy taking the lead in challenging situations.
- You're excited to learn new technologies and best practices.
- You’re always up for pairing and tackling problems with your colleagues.
- You're eager to learn, contribute to design and architecture decisions, and inspire change.
What is it like to work at ChartMogul?
- You’ll join the adventures of an early-stage company and experience what it means to have an incredibly impactful job.
- You’ll become part of a team of nice, awesome, and highly dedicated people who all have the same mission: Helping companies build better businesses.
- You’ll receive a great salary pack (market or upmarket).
Please note that we are only able to consider applicants who are eligible to work in the location of the role.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: EU only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈