Senior / Lead Backend Engineer
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK, Germany, France, and the Netherlands
Category: Software Development
Founded in 2014, BackMarket is the first online marketplace dedicated exclusively to refurbished electronic devices. With 158M€ raised already, we are sabotaging ‘new’ by connecting highly selected certified professionals to consumers who are looking for a more affordable, reliable, and ecological alternative to purchasing brand new products.
Leading the way in a shift towards a circular economy, freeing the planet from electronic waste, and building a global leading tech company are three solid reasons to wake up every morning. Taking part in BackMarket’s adventure means committing to an ambitious project with a strong social and environmental impact!
We are committed to providing an inclusive, fulfilling, and caring work environment in all our offices (Paris, Bordeaux, New-York, Prague, and Berlin). This is an opportunity for you to join a talented, humble, and passionate team at the heart of innovation: our Bureau Of Technology.
Our roles are 100% remote-friendly if you are situated in UK, Germany, France, and the Netherlands.
As a Senior/Lead software engineer at Backmarket, you will join one of our feature teams handling the design, development, and improvement of critical product features related to the evolution of our international business. You will be responsible for the reliability and performance of the code you and your team create.
You will have ownership of your scope and will be partnering with other engineers both on your team and in the product area to ensure effective delivery. Working closely with our departments on our technical roadmap and architecture, your work will have a major impact on the scaling and evolution of our product.
- Be a technical leader within the team you work with and within BackMarket in general.
- Working in an agile "build it and run it" environment where engineering teams build, launch, monitor and support the sections that they own
- Facilitate collaboration with product owners and designers to solve interesting and exciting problems for scaling our service and delivering it worldwide.
- Mentor your team in producing clean, consistent, and well-organized code
- Identify your team pain points and drive improvements in our processes, practices, and product
- Proactively researching and leading design and adoption of best practices
- Cultivate an open communication culture with constant feedback between team members
- Supporting teams in increasing delivery proficiency by creating a learning environment.
- A technical vision for your team and a passion for creating systems and improving your environment.
- You love to write distributed, high-volume services and you know what it means to ship high-quality code.(clean code, TDD, BDD, DDD, SOLID).
- Openness to receiving and giving feedback in a safe and inclusive workplace
- Great verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excitement for learning about how our industry works and the impact we bring to both our customers and the world
- Knowledge working on our Tech stack: AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, RestFul API, Python, VueJs, Nuxt, Algolia, Datadog, Spinnaker, SQS, ElasticSearch, Nginx, UWSGI
- Call with Yann one of our tech and product talent acquisition specialist
- Technical interview with members of the tech team
- Team Fit Interview with your Manager and one of your potential future coworker
- Meeting with our co-founder / VP of engineering
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK, Germany, France, and the Netherlands.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈