(Senior) Back-End Developer
1 week ago
Job type: Contract
Hiring from: UK & EU
Category: Software Development
Peak’s mission is to boost people’s wellbeing in a smart way. We make digital products that add value to your world and help you enjoy life more. Founded in 2013, Peak has grown quickly, producing Peak – Brain Training, the number 1 brain training app on mobile, downloaded over 50 million times globally. Peak – Brain Training was chosen by both Apple and Google as one of the best apps available and is regularly featured by both as a leading example of smart mobile technology. 2021 is an exciting year for the business which will see us build on our success as the market leader and expand into new verticals.
We are currently looking for a Senior Backend Developer to work within our backend team. You will contribute to a small but extremely talented team, helping to take them to the next level as they undergo fundamental change.
- This is a Full-time & Long-term contract position (Remote)
- This position is open to UK/EU candidates only.
- Actively work with the team to design and implement scalable and reliable solutions to best meet the product roadmap
- Responsible for contributing to technical direction and setting the bar in our backend project
- Assure the scalability, robustness and security of the backend platform
- Mentor and grow other team members
- Solid experience about AWS cloud infrastructure
- Good understanding of Microservices architecture
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Good understanding of networks, security, and system resilience
- Work with a devops approach for delivering quality code into production
- Autonomous, independent person who is willing to try things, working with the team to get things done
- A desire to learn and apply best practices in software development
We know this is a wish list and no-one will have everything but what we are looking for is a reasonable selection of the skills. We more favour people that can apply existing knowledge.
- Docker, Gradle, Jenkins, Jira, Confluence, SQL, Git, and appreciation of front end development, all things Unix.
- Experience managing software development teams in an Agile environment
Bonus points for
- Computer Science (or related) degree
- Knowledge of Terraform
- Working from home flexibility. We believe in giving people full autonomy in how they want to organise their days
- Freedom and support to organise and participate in knowledge exchange events and charity activities
- Training budget for courses, conferences and events
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK & EU.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈