Python Engineer - Partnerships & Ecosystem
2 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Software Development
Astronomer helps organizations adopt Apache Airflow, the market’s leading open-source workflow orchestration tool. We’re a fast-growing startup at the forefront of modern emerging data architectures. Empowering our team to be supportive, adaptable, and greater than the sum of its parts is a key part of the Astronomer culture: success here means that you're a team player, are endlessly curious, and have a bias towards doing.
As an engineer on our Partnerships team, you will develop a deep understanding of both Apache Airflow and the surrounding modern data stack as we push to build out beautiful integrations with popular complementary frameworks. You will be expected to engage cross-functionally within our Engineering, Product, and Growth teams and be comfortable working through complex technical problems in tandem with our strategic partners.
This isn’t your typical engineering role; this is a rare opportunity to be a flexible technical resource working at the leading edge of data industry technology. You will develop a deep understanding of the entire modern data stack, be featured as our superstar in partner engagements, and be of key strategic importance to our growth. Oh yeah, and you'll do all of the above while honing your python and data engineering craft.
- Be a subject matter expert on all things Apache Airflow. Being familiar enough with Airflow's architecture to contribute to the Airflow codebase when necessary.
- Interface with our ecosystem partners to establish a strong narrative around how to drive mutual consumption of both Airflow and their product or framework. Be able to architect solutions in tandem with partner teams.
- Write and documenting Airflow Hooks, Operators, Sensors, and Plugins that follow modern development standards and python best practices.
- Write and ship go-to-market materials to be leveraged by marketing and sales teams around our integration strategy.
- Develop a deep understanding of both open and closed source tools in the modern data stack.
- Work across the organization to create and maintain world-class technical content for the larger Apache Airflow community.
- Speak at industry conferences and events about the wonderful things we're working on :).
At Astronomer, we value diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- 2+ years of python experience (Required).
- Experience using Apache Airflow (Highly Preferred).
- Experience with infrastructure and cloud automation technologies such as Kubernetes, Terraform, and Docker (Preferred).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to break down complex technical concepts into digestible and clear lines of messaging.
- Experience building out modern data pipelines and familiarity with popular tools in modern data stack.
- An entrepreneurial character. You're energized by solving complex technical problems on an ambitious timeline.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈