6 days ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: GMT-1 to GMT+7
Salary: £35K-£42K (40k-48k€) per year
Category: Software Development
Vialma is a streaming service dedicated to classical music and jazz. Our mission is to give anybody, at any given point in time, an unforgettable and enriching experience with music and arts.
Vialma is searching for a PHP-Symfony developer. In this role, you will be part of making our product better using state-of-the-art techniques.
This is a remote position in a distributed team available from a location from GMT-1 to GMT+7. You can work from home, a coffee shop or the beach as long as your work is aligned with our goals. At Vialma, remote work is not only a perk, it is a culture that we nurture and maintain, favoring a good work/life balance for everyone.
We embrace diversity and inclusion and we are committed to build a welcoming place for all. If you belong to an under-represented group in tech, you’ll find a welcoming culture that thrives on diversity.
What’s the team like?
The Vialma tech team is an open-minded enthusiast group of 10 people working together from various places in Europe (UK, France, Armenia, Kosovo, Italy), Africa (Nigeria) and Asia (Viet Nam, India). One third of our development team are women and the total Vialma team of 24 counts14 different nationalities.
We make a product that meets both convenience and performance, with high-quality code, meticulous design and top processes. We work in a transparent and respectful manner, with regular contact with the CEO and the other teams. We limit the number of meetings to a reasonable amount (3 per week for developers) and adjust the processes in place when needed. The team owns the processes, not the other way around.
The Product Owner, the Project Manager and the CTO are “partners” who serve developers with the right tools and the right information at the right time: each teammate is empowered to make a big impact, with the help of others whenever needed. We have retro meetings where we can share good or bad experiences, for the purpose of continuously improving. From these meetings we list actions and track them. We don’t ignore the refactoring tickets and work on them continuously while protecting the new features coming in.
You will report to the CTO, who will follow your progress and achievements on a regular basis in order to make your time at Vialma an enriching journey.
- Flexible work time
- Work anywhere you want. Optionally, we have an office in London if you want to visit
- A friendly, helpful team where you will feel appreciated
- Various ways to grow your skills
- A high level of autonomy and accountability
- Many technical challenges to tackle
- A complete technical stack with reduced legacy code
- Have access to millions of classical and jazz music to listen to
- Monthly online social gatherings
- Potential to grow within the company and get promoted
Your key tasks for this position:
- Transpose the product specifications to an actionable web product
- Code, test and maintain our core backend Symfony+Sonata applications : CRM, Musical metadata and API
- Preserve high-quality code, refactor on the fly or advise for bigger refactoring
- Work closely with other Symfony developers, perform code review, give and receive constructive feedback
- Compiling documentation frequently
- Maintain and contribute to the test suite
- 3 years development experience with at least 1 year on Symfony
- Proficient in Databases and SQL
- Knowledgeable about HTTP, APIs, Linux commands, Security, Performance
- Proficient in Git, branch development, merges and conflict solving
- Familiar with Agile processes and tools: sprint planning, Trello boards, retro meetings
- Experience with CRM systems (Customer Relationship Management) is a great plus
- Knowledge of Elasticsearch, AWS and web technologies is a great plus
- Experience with the streaming industry is a plus
- Knowledge of Sonata Admin is a plus
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Not afraid to ask as many questions as you need
- Not afraid to say “I don’t know”
- Experienced with a full-remote or distributed team
* Even if you do not match all of these requirements, consider applying for this position at Vialma! Contact us and express your interest.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place:GMT-1 to GMT+7.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈