(Junior) Fullstack Developer (PHP & React) (f/*/m)
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Europe Only
Category: Software Development
Frontastic is looking for a Fullstack Developer to join the team on a full-time basis (80%+ FTE). We’re a remote first company currently operating in Europe (UTC to UTC+2).
You’ll work alongside our Frontend Team extending and adapting the required backend APIs for our React Frontend. The stack is comprised of PHP 7/Symfony 4 which uses CouchDB as a database management system and is tested and implements non trivial domain logic behind REST APIs and it serves as the source of truth for our core domain model. It also acts as the storage and backend for many other parts of our platform.
- Discuss and implement API requirements by the Frontend Developers
- Extend the test suite for the domain models and backend APIs
- Maintain the resilience and stability of the Backend
- Ensure data integrity and assist maintaining the endpoints to the other parts of our platform
- Assist the Frontend Team with frontend development, if possible and time permits
- Previous experience working with PHP and maybe React and/or implementing APIs
- Possess the attitude and skills to survive in a complex and highly dynamic remote environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
- It would be helpful if you already have experience working remotely
Our team strives to constantly improve itself following these values:
- Make an Impact: We’re here to change the industry and we’re in it to win it. Our team are incredibly focused and our main focus is on customer success. We boldly go out of our comfort zones, we support each other and we love doing what we do.
- Thirst for Learning: We’re addicted to learning and we learn from everything. We embrace our failures as they’re something we can learn from and only help us to improve. We think differently and we know that change is good. We’re curious and innovation leads the way, we’re constantly on the lookout for new ideas that can help our customers (and the world).
- Diversity Rules: We’re proud to be a diverse team spread across the world. We empower the under-represented and we build a safe community for everyone to be themselves while holding each other to account when needs be. We use asynchronous communication as we’re a remote company and need to be aware that we’re not always online at the same time.
- We’re In This Together: As colleagues, with our customers, and with our communities, co-operation and collaboration is key. We help one another as much as we can and we care for each other. We celebrate our successes together and we strive to find the right balance in our lives.
- Transparency First: We make all information as public as possible and we’re direct (as well as truthful) in all our communications. We don’t just explain what we’re doing but why we’re doing it. This is how we create positive relationships and move forward together.
We’re a remote first company with regular in-person meetings and we use tools like Slack and video conferencing. We try to find a good balance between focused work and communication or in other words between asynchronous and personal communication. There are no fixed expectations regarding working hours, it’s normal for us to take care of private matters during the day – e.g. visits to the doctor or picking up children from school.
Our team strives to improve themselves following these guidelines:
- We offer a friendly learning environment and try hard not to blame anyone for not knowing something and actively encourage mentoring of your peers.
- We use practices like pair programming, test driven development when it makes sense and continuously refactor our code to constantly share knowledge and keep the amount of technical debt low.
- The same goes for us as a company, we continuously refactor our rules and guidelines. Overall, we have a very transparent, helpful, warm, familiar employee culture.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If we receive job applications from yet underrepresented groups those applications will be preferred where multiple candidates have the same score.
We have put together a package for our employees which we think is pretty awesome, but you can judge for yourself.
- Company laptop
- An expense policy to support you in creating your workspace in a way that is most effective for you
- Flexible working as standard, as long as you are available when needed and your work gets done, you are free to choose your own schedule
- Contribution towards your private medical insurance for those staff in countries where health insurance is not mandatory/organized at the government level
- Allowance for your home office, or for a co-working space
- 42 days of paid leave entitlement. We don’t require you to take off your local public holidays. You can choose to do so if you wish, or if your local laws require you to do so
You may notice that there is no salary listed here. This is intentional, we want to hire the best talent possible, and will consider all applications on their individual merit. Since we currently work from 12 different countries (and counting), it’s very difficult to offer consistent benefits beyond this.
If this job sounds interesting to you, please send a short tweet-style “why-me” to [email protected] and have your CV attached (as pdf).
Do you still have questions? Then don’t hesitate to get in touch via the same address!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Europe Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈