Full-Stack WordPress Developer
1 week ago
Job type: Contract
Hiring from: 4h work time overlap with CET
Category: Software Development
We are aThemes and we make awesome WordPress themes (and a few plugins). We are looking for a talented full-stack WordPress developer to join our small but growing team. Our flagship theme with thousands of customers is Sydney Pro (the free version is available on WordPress.org if you'd like to take a look at the code: https://wordpress.org/themes/sydney/).
We are looking for someone to join our team and help us improve what we are already doing but also develop new products and launch them.
We need help with updates, new plugins to extend the functionality of our themes (e.g. a plugin that extends a theme's WooCommerce capabilities), and developing new products (e.g. a new theme based on Gutenberg) from scratch.
This is a fully remote position, meaning you can work from anywhere. However, ideally your working hours should overlap at least 4 hours per day with those of Central European Time (CET).
- 3+ years experience and strong expertise in PHP/WordPress development
- Coding custom WordPress themes and plugins from scratch
- Expert level HTML, CSS (SCSS/SASS)
- Experience working with major plugins like WooCommerce and Elementor
- Strong familiarity and experience with Gutenberg, the block editor
- Experience using Git and GitHub
- You have a consistent coding style and passion for well-organized, clean code
- Ability to convert UI designs (Figma, Adobe XD, Photoshop) to functional code
- Knowledge of Full Site Editing (due to land in WordPress core in the second half of 2021)
- Competitive compensation (we are looking to hire in the $30 to $50 an hour range)
- Have a big impact as part of a small, nimble team
- High level of autonomy
- Flexible hours
We expect this role to take around 40 hours a week (but would also consider part-time hours for the right applicant).
Please apply via this link: https://apply.workable.com/athemes/j/4115AD1552/
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: 4h work time overlap with CET.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈