Back-end Developer (Python / Rust)
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Europe
Salary: 40000 - 55000
Category: Software Development
After more than 2 years of technical development, Jellysmack offers a unique technology articulated around 3 products that aim to optimise the creation and social distribution of videos.
The Tech team works to implement tools used internally by the content teams to determine the topics that buzz, help them in the creation of content, monitor the performance of internal videos etc... by injecting into each of these products a significant dose of algorithmic, statistical and machine/deep learning.
Back-end Developer (Python / Rust) H/F - CDI
The role is integrated within the multidisciplinary Back-end and feature teams (bringing together back and front end developers, data scientists and testers). Within this role, you will work in Scrum, and participate in the evolution of our new application features- such as detecting the talent of tomorrow, offering creators innovative and inspiring content, publishing videos on different social networks and optimizing audiences. (This is a non-exhaustive list)
Guided by a team of inventive Product Owners, you will develop web APIs, data on our features, as well as refactos and other technical overhauls. The current team consists of 10 people with 1 to 10+ years of experience. We’re looking for a new sidekick to challenge the team technically.
We formerly used PHP ( under symfony ⅘) and Node.js. for our stack. But, we have chosen to now focus on Python, in order to foster close collaboration with the data team.
We are an international company that has global offices spanning Levallois-Perret, Corte, Ajaccio and even New York. This means that remote working is at the core of our company philosophy.
Regarding the technical stack
- Language: Rust and Python,Vue.js, C++. The legacy is PHP (Symfony) and Node.js
- Rus Librariest: Rocket
- Python Libraries: In the process of being defined! Join us in the process.
- Cache: Redis
- Environment: We use Visual Code, but we are open to other OS you may prefer.
- Your tasks will range from development to production, including the development of functionalities for web and job applications. With us, developers grow into production.
- Ensure the daily operation of services run smoothly. (debug power and refacto)
- Be a proactive member of the team and participate in the technical design of functionalities and the technical roadmap of components.
- Regularly review your colleagues’ code because we like robust, optimized, readable and quality code.
- Regularly carry out a technical watch and share it, to allow us to make the most appropriate technical choices.
We are looking for a candidate with experience in the field of service development in Python and/or Rust, skills in microservice design and REST paradigm are highly advantageous.
You have ideally already been confronted with high volume databases and SQL does not scare you.
You are aligned with the DevOps culture so you don’t just deliver code, you also like to know what is going on in production.
You are in tune with the world around you and have a good level of English which will allow you to interact with international colleagues. Corsophones are also welcome with open arms.
You want to actively participate in all stages of features and the product aspect is important to you.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Europe.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈