Sales and Use Tax Accountant
3 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
TaxConnex is seeking Remote Sales & Use Tax Accountants (Independent Contractors) who will provide our clients with the highest level of customer service and professionalism in the sales and use tax outsourcing market. This is a fully remote and flexible work arrangement, where you decide how many hours you want to work. Apply now if you have a CPA OR Sales & Use Tax Experience required.
Practioner Model: We use a unique “practitioner” model where our Practitioners are independent contractors who maintain flexible hours, working remotely, leveraging the skills and professional designations that they worked hard to obtain and wish to maintain. Practitioners can choose their workload – some choose to work full-time while others choose to work a part-time schedule.
PLEASE NOTE: We appreciate your interest in this position. In order for your resume to be considered, please apply here on Accountingfly, not by contacting TaxConnex directly. It's an immediate hire opportunity and all resumes will be reviewed quickly.
Responsibilities for a Remote Sales and Use Tax Accountant:
- Provide sales and use tax services on a monthly basis for clients of TaxConnex.
- Communicate proactively with Client
- Respond to Client's specific sales and use tax questions and requests
- Monthly translation and import of client sales and use tax data
- Application of eligible credits
- Prepare standard and customized reports
- Review of reports
- Prepare monthly cash request
- Communicate cash due from Client to TaxConnex
- Transmit accurately prepared sales and use tax returns to TaxConnex and jurisdictions in accordance with the Client tax calendar
reconciliation of Client's GL
- Satisfactory resolution of all sales and use tax-related matters (audits, notices, customer inquiries…) on behalf of Client.
Requirements for Remote Sales and Use Tax Accountant:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Finance or Master's Degree in Business Administration
- CPA, CMI, OR 7+ years S&U Tax Compliance Experience
- Sales tax experience is not necessary as TaxConnex will train the desired Practitioner and provide tax technical support
Required Office Equipment, Software and Insurance:
- Liability insurance, including errors & omissions and malpractice insurance
- Dedicated home office workspace
- High speed internet connection
- Active office or cellular telephone
- Laptop with minimum i5 processor, 6GB RAM, 320GB Hard Drive
- Software including Windows 7 or Windows 8 Professional and MS Office 2010; MS Access 2010 may be required
- Printer, scanner, FAX machine
- Daily computer back-up of all folders, files and data related to Company clients and activities
Attributes we look for in a Remote Sales and Use Tax Accountant:
- Not looking for a “job” but looking to work and own something
- An owner – someone who understands the vendor/vendee relationship with both TaxConnex and the client
- Dynamic communication skills – meaning they can manage a conversation not just answer questions politely
- Long term commitment to the practitioner concept
- Don't need benefits
- Sense of urgency – deadline-driven
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈