🤔 Why are we opening this position?
GitBook - https://www.gitbook.com/
- is a modern documentation platform. Our ambition is to empower teams through a new document standard, suited for modern work and collaboration.
GitBook is now used by over 1M users and thousands of teams such as Adobe, Netflix, Decathlon, or Google. With close to 25,000 sign-ups per month, we're looking for our very first Marketing Ops to own the post sign-up experience.
🙌 What will you be doing ?
You will be joining our expanding Growth team, alongside Mario (Head of Growth), Hugh (Developer Advocate) and our future Growth Engineer.
As we're an early stage startup, the impact of your role will be huge and there is a lot that you'll be able to bring to the function. You'll have the opportunity to define and build our marketing operations and automation processes. You will continue the work started by the team. We're already in a good place, but there is a lot that can be optimised and scaled.
As a Marketing Ops Manager, you will be in charge of :
- unifying and optimising the marketing processes to accelerate our growth
- managing the self-serve sign up & trial experience through touch-point automation and cohort data insights (we're very data savvy!)
- scaling our inbound lead generation machine through lead scoring (we get 25,000 signups / month!)
- ensuring that marketing is improving the efficiency of our Sales and Customer Success team
- owning the operational aspect of marketing activities (in-product, email campaigns, webinars )
- running experiments and A/B testing to improve our funnel conversion (from signup to trial)
- owning the marketing automation stack and its implementation together with our Head of data
- driving cross-team collaboration to create an overall email strategy and best practices, including segmentation and post-campaign analysis.
- driving our general marketing automation strategy on the basis of data insights and qualitative feedback
✨ What's next ?
1. We will take the time to review your application and we will get back to you within a week, regardless of our decision.
2. As the next step, Morgane, our Talent Manager, will call you to ensure there is a correlation between GitBook's expectations, the role and your own expectations.
3. Afterwards, you will be meeting with several members of our team to share about role specifics such as required skills, knowledge, abilities as well as working environment, day-to-day life..
4. The last two discussions will be around cultural alignment. You will have the opportunity to meet with Samy, our co-founder, to discuss about GitBook's history, our vision and ambition, and ensuring you're also aligned with our culture and core values. And you will meet with 3 team members whom you haven't met yet to have a preview of GitBook's culture and daily life.