Account Based Marketing Manager
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
At Tidelift, our mission is making open source software work better—for everyone.
We see a world where software development teams get better maintained, more dependable software, and open source creators can get paid for the incredible value they create.
Tidelift is the largest provider of commercial support and maintenance for the community-led open source software behind modern applications. We partner directly with independent project maintainers to make it safer and easier to build with open source, so engineering teams can create even more incredible software, even faster.
We're well-funded and growing fast. You will play a large role in tackling challenging problems and helping build the company, while learning alongside our experienced team.
The Account Based Marketing Manager is responsible for designing and implementing account-based marketing programs that create new pipeline opportunities in our target accounts or accelerate opportunities already in progress. This role works closely with the Tidelift sales and digital marketing teams to design programs that help us meet our shared goals around ABM revenue, pipeline, and account penetration. We are a distributed team and this position can be based anywhere in the US.
- Define an account-based marketing strategy for the company in partnership with other stakeholders on the sales and marketing teams.
- Oversee the tools Tidelift uses for account-based marketing, including HubSpot, HG Insights, LinkedIn, and ZoomInfo.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive account profiles and target personas; manage a database of named contacts to help marketing and sales define and reach our target audience.
- Work with sales and product teams to identify gaps in key personas and contact information within strategic accounts; develop data and insight strategy to add key personas and contacts within accounts.
- Partner with the digital marketing manager, content team, and BDR manager to design ABM playbooks and sequences that utilize outbound prospecting, custom events and webinars, digital marketing, and other techniques to reach and engage key personas at target accounts.
- Collaborate with our Head of Marketing and product marketing to optimize value proposition and positioning of campaigns.
- Train and assist the sales team in executing campaigns.
- Track results and optimize marketing messages, CTAs, and delivery methods based on learnings.
- Follow up with the sales team to ensure campaigns are running smoothly and adjust on the fly as necessary.
- Set up and maintain dashboards, and report metrics and progress against goals back to the team on a weekly basis.
- Establish a community of external stakeholders (customers, prospects, etc.) to solicit input and help validate new product features and messaging.
- Maintain a rigorous ongoing continuous improvement methodology with A/B testing, statistical analysis, and validation of proposed hypotheses.
- Manage relationships with outside contractors and vendors as needed.
- Proven account-based marketing experience in a B2B technology company, ideally enterprise software.
- Track record of building and executing multiple campaigns with multiple teams simultaneously.
- Fluency in the digital tools of account-based marketing and willingness to pick up new skills as needed.
- Creative thinker with experience building unique and arresting campaigns that break through with busy technical decision makers.
- Goal-oriented and naturally curious, tenacious about tracking progress against goals and success of campaign tactics.
- Analytical thinker capable of conducting sophisticated statistical analyses to determine trends and opportunities for ongoing improvements.
- Excellent written communication skills, prepared to generate own content for campaigns.
- Self-motivated, able to thrive in a remote-first work environment.
- Flexibility to wear multiple hats and learn new skills as startup life on a small team demands.
- Understanding of sales process and pipeline, and experience building productive partnerships with members of the sales team.
- Experience working in an open source software company or managing campaigns via HubSpot a bonus.
Our team and our values
We’re trying to build a healthy, values-driven culture. We want to be:
- Optimistic: We see an amazing future ahead, and want to inspire others to share in it. This is both internal—building each other up and looking for the best in people—and external—we know open source is awesome, and we want to make it even better.
- Practical: We know words and ideas alone won’t change lives. We help people most by creating a pragmatic, viable, and sustainable business that works for everyone. So we care about usability, design, and honest assessment of costs and benefits.
- Additive: We want an environment that encourages and inspires growth, both for individuals and for the open source community as a whole. That means embracing a growth mindset, and valuing culture add over culture fit.
- Inclusive: We believe technology will be stronger when it better reflects the voices and ideas of society as a whole. So we want people from different backgrounds and experiences to not just be represented, but to be heard, valued, and flourish. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
This is a remote-friendly position. Candidates will be able to work from a US-based location of their choice.
We believe in the urgency of our mission and the importance of doing good work, but also know this is a marathon and not a sprint. Hours can be flexible within reason if necessary to meet personal needs (like child, medical, or elder care).
Compensation is competitive with other Boston-area startups, including health insurance, flexible vacation, 401(k), short-term disability, parental leave, and equity. This position offers a base salary and commission.
We invest in every employee’s growth, and support professional development that aligns with your goals and how you learn best.
Fill out the form below. We'd love it if you add a thoughtful note about your goals and your background. We’ll get back to you promptly!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈