VP People and Culture
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Canada Only
Category: Human Resources
Are you looking to join a rapidly-growing, e-commerce company and help them continue to scale? Are you passionate about supporting a distributed workforce and helping build a powerful and innovative remote-first culture? If so, this may be the right opportunity for you.
Who is Smile?
Smile is the largest provider of loyalty programs in the world. They power loyalty programs for over 50,000 eCommerce merchants, which have rewarded hundreds of millions of shoppers. These numbers are growing rapidly, especially with the recent acceleration of eCommerce worldwide and the movement to support small businesses.
Smile exists to help as many entrepreneurs as possible. Their product helps eCommerce businesses create fun, on-brand, and easy-to-use loyalty programs. They integrate with eCommerce platforms like Shopify, Wix, and Bigcommerce to create the world’s most engaging loyalty programs for small businesses.
The results are in - and it’s working. Smile is helping small companies thrive and run sustainable businesses by increasing customer lifetime value, increasing repeat purchases and fostering a community around their brands.
Smile is listed on both Deloitte’s Top 50 list of the fastest-growing tech companies in Canada and North America. They’ve also been named a Great Place to Work in Technology and a Best Workplace every year since 2019. Smile has an ongoing and deep commitment to employee experience and overall wellness.
They’ve built their culture and business around their values that are the driving force behind everything they do:
- Be Humble - think of the team before thinking of yourself. There’s no room for massive egos.
- Be Hungry - set hard goals, ask lots of questions, and learn every day.
- Be Human - show empathy towards others, consider the impact of your decisions on other teams.
How Will I Make An Impact?
You’ll join the executive team as a peer and business partner, in a foundational role focused on supporting our world-class remote team. This role reports directly to the COO.
- You’ll innovate and drive new systems that reinforce a terrific company culture with a fully remote strategy.
- You’ll help drive Smile’s values that encourage collaboration, empathy and taking initiative.
- You’ll own strategy and tactics around performance, rewards/recognition and compensation evaluation.
- You’ll work with leaders to support them in leadership development, coaching and mentorship for their teams.
- You’ll support the talent acquisition partner to continue to improve Smile’s strategy around Diversity & Inclusion, employee attraction, engagement, candidate experience and onboarding.
- You’ll work with leaders to ensure that organizational strategy is communicated with transparency and everyone feels aligned to the mission and vision.
- You’ll lead the shift of HR strategy to more proactive and future-thinking.
How Do I Know If This Is For Me?
You are excited about the opportunity to lead the People Strategy for a remote-first global company that has a strong foundation and an eagerness to try new things.
You like to make a BIG impact and work quickly - Smile is the perfect venue for trying out new tools and innovative strategies with rapid execution.
You’re a big picture thinker and execution-oriented - you are looking to guide the HR strategy and can execute on your vision by knowing what resources you need to get there.
Does This Sound Like You?
- You have led the people function at a scale-up technology organization through a period of high growth and enjoyed the ever-evolving challenges that accompanied that journey.
- You have the ability and desire to build a company-wide HR strategy but are also willing to “roll up your sleeves” to get things done.
- You have experience developing culture, performance management and supporting/enhancing an employer brand for a highly motivated and engaged workplace.
- You are passionate about building and supporting diverse teams.
- You have strong business acumen and actively participate in the overall business strategy, and communicate the plans with transparency so that all employees feel aligned to the vision.
- You’re forward-thinking and your insights are often sought out as a trusted guide and coach.
- You have a passion for leading across a remote-first environment.
- You have very high EQ and thrive in an organization built on trust and shared values, with diverse and talented people who crave impact and autonomy.
We are a team of smart self-starters who build efficient and unique solutions to problems. You’ll be working with some amazing talent and you'll constantly be pushed to challenge yourself and improve your skills. This starts in the interview process, where you’ll be asked to show us your skills in real-time. It’s not an easy process, but we think you’ll find it rewarding and a great preview to what working here is really like.
We collaborate on everything. Our communication tools and our space are designed with this in mind - from physical areas to connect in comfort to Slack channels of all sorts, we enable you to reach out to those around you to make sure you have the information you need to make great decisions.
We know that Smile.io as a business is in constant evolution - the same is true of our people. We’re here to support each other in our growth, so we talk openly about our career goals, hopes & dreams. With such a diverse team of people, we know we can offer you the mentorship, tools and encouragement you need to grow.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful business. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Canada Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈