As the number of software products in the market continues to grow at an accelerated rate, the number of possible integrations between these software products is growing even more rapidly. Users increasingly expect that integrations between related products are available and that they “just work”, and as a result, the teams creating these products face greater integration challenges than ever before.
Prismatic is creating an embedded Integration Platform-as-a-Service (iPaaS) specifically for B2B software companies, with the goal of empowering teams to deliver best in class integrations to their users more quickly and easily. We believe software in every industry has huge potential to positively impact the people who use it, and that better, easier integrations can help software companies realize even more of that potential.
The Prismatic platform executes thousands of integrations every day, and each execution must be secure, isolated, and fast. Our users build integrations using a low-code editor combined with custom components that can run any Node.js code they need, which presents both interesting and challenging problems with respect to performance and security. This role will have a huge impact in shaping the direction of the platform infrastructure as we continue to scale up and add more functionality.
We’re looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer who is excited to work as part of a cross-functional team to help design, build, and manage major pieces of infrastructure to improve the availability and scalability of the Prismatic platform.
- Lead and participate in the design and deployment of infrastructure components that extend the functionality of the Prismatic platform with an eye towards availability, performance, and security.
- Build tooling and automation to support and increase accessibility of our platform with the goal of increasing the velocity of our product engineering team.
- Discover and advocate for new technologies to accelerate improvements in the availability and scalability of the Prismatic platform.
- Routinely provide sound feedback in code reviews, design reviews, security reviews, etc.
- Coach and mentor less experienced engineers on the team.
- Be part of a close-knit team that ships new code into production every day.
You might be a good fit if you:
- Have 3+ years of experience in a SRE role.
- Have experience deploying and managing complex applications on top of AWS (EC2, Lambda, ECS, S3, etc.).
- Are extremely proficient with at least one Infrastructure-as-Code system such as Terraform, CloudFormation, or Ansible.
- Are experienced in using Docker, Docker Compose, Kubernetes, etc. to manage development, CI, and production environments.
- Are proficient with at least one scripting language such as Python or Ruby.
- Have a passion for working on mission-critical systems that are highly reliable, maintainable, scalable, and secure.
- Are located within 2 time zones of the US Central Time Zone.
- Are comfortable working in a remote-friendly environment with an engineering team that is mostly remote.
- Can pass a background check.
- Have professional experience with some of the following:
- Have a GitHub or similar that you're proud to show off.
What we offer:
- Competitive total compensation package, including market-rate salary.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance.
- Company-paid life and disability insurance.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Unlimited PTO policy.
- The best tools, including MacBook Pro docked to big monitors.
- And if you’re in our Sioux Falls office, we provide free snacks and drinks and company cocktail hour on Friday afternoons.
Prismatic is the integration platform for B2B software companies. It's the quickest way to build integrations to the other apps your customers use and to add a native integration marketplace to your product. A complete embedded iPaaS solution that empowers your whole organization, Prismatic encompasses an intuitive integration designer, embedded integration marketplace, integration deployment and support, and a purpose-built cloud infrastructure. Prismatic was built in a way developers love and provides the tools to make it perfectly fit the way you build software. Learn more at prismatic.io.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time