Senior DevOps Engineer
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
Veeqo is an award winning high growth tech start-up company which has customers around the world and with ambitions to become the best platform for ecommerce retailers to manage their business. We give emerging and established ecommerce companies the chance to give an experience comparable to that of Amazon's to all of their customers by helping them optimise their inventory and shipping.
Veeqo has grown rapidly in the last few years and only continues to grow as a service that spans over 100 countries globally. Now processing over 1.5 billion inventory updates every year, with 3.1+ million items picked, packed and shipped through the platform annually. 🛍 📦
We are bringing our DevOps team in-house at Veeqo to help us continue to scale. That's why we are hiring a Senior DevOps engineer to lead this change by operating and engineering the future of our infrastructure and helping us build a strong team.
Swansea / Remote
- We are looking for an agile-minded Senior DevOps Engineer who can lead and drive the delivery of continuous pipeline and develop and support our AWS cloud environment.
- You will work with the product and engineering teams to collaboratively drive new solutions and help drive the architectural direction of the platform Infrastructure
- Diagnosis and resolution of complex system and application issues
- Constantly improve scalability of the system
- Provide programmers with the best possible code life cycle infrastructure
- Ensure automation and identify ways for improvement.
- Mentor and teach junior DevOps Engineers
- Strong experience with AWS.
- Understanding of cloud concepts and how to design secure highly available solutions within the cloud
- Good Knowledge of Containerisation using Docker / Kubernetes
- Strong Understanding of CI/CD environments and how they facilitate the automation process.
- Excellent communication skills both in written and verbal format with the ability to convey complex technical concepts clearly and concisely
- Good at Cost management and optimizatio
- Desire to learn new technologies
- Reasonable fluency in Ruby
- AWS certification (SysOps/Developer/Architect)
- Experience training and mentoring Junior DevOps Engineers
- Test Driven Development
- Continuous integration
- Continuous delivery
- Infrastructure as code
- Well-defined planning process
- Regular team retrospectives
- Competitive salary
- Share options
- Be part of a fast growing start-up and make a difference
- Work in a ‘remote-first’ company but with the option to come into the office which is a relaxed work environment with free hot and cold drinks
- Flexible working
- Vacation 33 working days per year
- Work in a friendly, cross-functional team, with people who aim to be the best and love to tackle problems
- Spotify Premium and gym membership
- Macbook Pro laptop (or similar)
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
To the best of our knowledge this position has no geo-restriction.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈