UX Designer II
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: US only
Based in Seattle, Subsplash is an exciting award-winning team of 190+ mission-driven people who are committed to our core values of humility, innovation, and excellence. Since being founded in 2005, we have pioneered the market with the first ever church mobile app. we’ve been working together to build The Ultimate Engagement Platform™ for churches, Christian ministries, non-profits, and businesses around the world. We find excitement in serving our 14,000+ clients, creating impactful products, and delighting the 40 million real people who use our platform every day. Subsplash has won awards for best mobile experience, been voted top 100 Washington's Best Workplaces by the Puget Sound Business Journal, created some of the most downloaded apps of all time, and built enterprise software for world-class brands like XBOX, Microsoft, Samsung, Expedia, and Cisco; yet, at the end of the day, we love making a lasting impact and a difference in our world.
Working at Subsplash is more than just a job; we are a team of people who are courageous, inventive, and passionate about doing meaningful work every day. Don’t take our word for it—head to Glassdoor and see for yourself!
About the Team
The Product Team is responsible for all the products Subsplash develops and delivers, including the App Platform and Merchant Services offerings. We are a team of designers, developers, and product management professionals, creating polished and compelling experiences for our clients and end users. The Product Team is responsible for the entire user experience including: End-User Mobile Apps, the Subsplash Dashboard (our Content Management System), Subsplash Wallet (our Donation and Merchant Services Platform), the Web App, backend media & data feeds, format conversion services, analytics, and more. The Product Team’s mission is to delight our clients by helping them engage their communities and deliver beautiful, high-impact content, so they can fuel their mission & expand their reach.
About the Role
As a UX Designer II at Subsplash, you have a unique opportunity to help millions of real people become more engaged with their church by leveraging your creative problem solving skills. This is the perfect opportunity for someone who is excited to solve real user problems through an iterative approach. You will be responsible for building compelling user experiences for people to engage with their church and for our clients to manage their church’s content. This role has the option to be fully remote or work from one of our offices.
Top 3 Outcomes in Year 1
- Develop a deep understanding of our products and product development process.
- Make contributions and help direct the build-out of our internal design system.
- Own all of the design aspects of a project and see it through to production.
- Design and prototype elegant solutions for mobile and web apps
- Partner with product managers on product strategy and definition
- Identify user needs, sketch solutions with prototypes, test ideas with UX researchers, and refine designs with data and user feedback
- Document detailed interaction models and UI specifications
- Collaborate with other designers to maintain design consistency and coherence across the features on Subsplash products
- Manage and prioritize a workload of multiple projects from concept to completion
- Evangelize best UX practices to other designers, engineers, and product managers
- You have 3-4 years of experience in UX design
- You have a BA degree in Interaction Design, Information Design, Visual Design, HCI or related field
- You create usable and compelling experiences through a user-centered design process
- You excel in end-to-end product design which includes user research, wire-framing, prototyping, application of design patterns, and visual design.
- You think about design as a system, and contribute to and maintain our pattern library as a way to influence both quality and efficiency for all our products.
- You believe feedback is a gift, you actively seek it out, and give it thoughtfully in order to continually raise the quality of the experience
- Your portfolio demonstrates expert use of typography, color, imagery, grid systems, and well-crafted animation/transitions
- You are a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment and has the desire to lead
- You have a deep appreciation and natural eye for clean and beautiful aesthetics
- Your portfolio demonstrates sound product thinking through navigation, user flows, interaction design and information architecture
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: US only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈