Senior UX Designer (Safer)
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: US only
Thorn is looking for a Senior UX Designer to join our remote cross-functional team. Our ideal candidate has experience in the full life cycle of user experience and product design—from concept to prototyping to execution, and a healthy dose of curiosity. Part researcher, part strategist, and part designer, in this role, you might be sketching wireframes for a new digital service one day, hosting a co-design workshop the next, and wrapping up the week building scrappy digital prototypes to test. You will have the opportunity to partner with industry leaders across the U.S. and around the world —identifying design opportunities, imagining new possibilities, and bringing those ideas to life through engaging digital experiences.
- Be solution-focused and medium-agnostic, willing to step out of your core skill set or discipline to find the correct solution to a challenge. For your first challenge, you’ll help us design experiences that enable human reviewers to resiliently moderate difficult content.
- Create digital solutions that address a range of challenges, translating user needs and real-world constraints into elegant, effective digital experiences.
- Lead multidisciplinary teams through the design process - from discovery, research, and prototyping through execution and implementation - collaborating closely with engineering and product to find the best solutions together.
- Create prototypes of different levels of fidelity to help determine design direction for a project.
- Construct information architecture, interaction models, customer flows, schematics, and visual design that bring new ideas to life.
- Work collaboratively with other UX Designers across Thorn to share research, concepts, and ideas in order to promote consistency and team growth.
- Continuously measure how designs are performing and iterate to improve those experiences.
- You have a commitment to putting the children we serve at the center of everything you do.
- You can work with shifting requirements in a fast-paced and fluid environment and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, including customers, engineers, product managers, and other UX designers.
- Fluency in the human-centered design process from qualitative research and synthesis to ideation, prototyping, and implementation.
- Ability to convey concepts through wireframes, flows, storyboards, and mockups.
- A diverse portfolio showing a passion for discovery, interaction, and design with articulate storytelling.
- Confident in presenting work and articulating user experience issues and concerns to team members and stakeholders.
- Ability and interest to learn new design techniques and patterns quickly.
- You have empathy and can be a strong advocate for our users while balancing the vision and constraints of technical or product realities.
- Cultural sensitivity, creativity, and resourcefulness.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently in a remote environment.
- You communicate clearly, efficiently, and thoughtfully. We’re a highly-distributed team, so written communication is crucial.
- Sketch and/or Figma
- Axure RP
At Thorn, we understand the value of developing a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We prioritize diversity within our team and encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Your skills are needed here.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: US only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈