Senior UI Game Designer
Virtually Human Studio
3 days ago
Job type: Full-time
- Want To Work For a Cutting Edge Tech Start-Up Within Blockchain and NFT’s?
- Are you a motivated, results-oriented team player?
- Do You Appreciate the Flexibility of Working From Home?
Virtually Human Studios (VHS) in exploring the fringes of entertainment delivery for the next generation. Founded in 2019, Virtually Human is a gaming and entertainment blockchain startup and proud creators of the viral NFT gaming platform of its time ZED RUN. VHS has partnered with some of the most innovative and leading gaming and sports giants around the world, including Unikn and Atari just to name a few.
VHS is seeking a Senior UI Game Designer to work alongside a global and talented team of engineers, 3D artists, and UX designers! You are a multifaceted creative, who can perfectly balance conceptual with practical and know when to turn up the volume of either depending on the project.
The right person is a problem solver that loves a challenge, passionate and experienced in the world of design and a big picture thinker.
- The ability to turn feedback, conceptual and abstract thinking into design solutions for our customers;
- A craftsperson who is obsessed with the details and has an innate understanding of aesthetics (composition, colour, typography, components etc.);
- Develop concepts for gameplay for use throughout the player lifecycle to maximise engagement and retention;
- Quickly prototype design ideas in-game and rapidly iterate via play testing;
- Execute all visual design stages from initial concept to pixel perfect final hand-off;
- Manage the continued optimisation of our Design System;
- Demonstrate ability to present and communicate your design thinking;
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to execute company objectives;
- Track insights to continuously improve the efficiency and impact of design components so solutions are simple to follow and understand;
- Promote design best practices and standards;
- Be up to date with the latest design trends.
- Use Figma at the highest level. We’re talking plugins, libraries, components, symbols, automation...all the ‘smarter not harder’ things;
- Able to leverage aftereffects and other motion tools to help communicate interactions and intention of designs you build;
- Work collaboratively with engineers & don’t think of yourself as separate teams;
- Visual design is the focus here but you will have solid UX principles behind you;
- Come to work loaded with inspiration and enthusiasm for all things related to digital experiences;
- Work with and continue to develop and influence our design system;
- Identify and conduct the highest impact research projects for the design team;
- Ability to develop creative, flexible and rapid approaches to user experience problems;
- Multi-task across in-house projects and studies and working with outside vendors where required to conduct research;
- Strong organisational skills, able to act independently and able to switch quickly between different projects, even within a day;
- A thirst for constant growth and improvement both for yourself and our products;
- Familiar with Agile development methodologies.
- Experience working with sports or gaming industries;
- Experience working with 3D modelling.
Why Work For VHS?
- Attractive and competitive salary;
- Flexible work from home arrangement;
- Unlimited Leave
- A supportive friendly environment of dedicated and passionate co-workers;
- Exposure to the new aged world of Blockchain and NFT’s;
- Make the role your own!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
To the best of our knowledge this position has no geo-restriction.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈