Director of Analytics and Data Science
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Penrose Hill is building the next generation of premium wine brands. Collaborating with famed winemakers and sourcing from distinguished vineyards around the globe, we make award winning wines of pedigree. As the world’s first data-first winery, we’re part of the wine business from grape to glass: not just making the wines but getting it directly into the hands of customers. Our largest and most profitable distribution channel is our wine club business, Firstleaf, which uses machine learning technology to match the perfect wine selections to each customer based on their preferences and ratings.
Our wine club, Firstleaf grew from 0 to 100,000+ active members in less than 5 years. That’s just the beginning of our plans to change the wine industry, and we’re looking for passionate individuals to join our team.
The Director of Analytics and Data Science will take ownership of the data science, data engineering and analytics functions while reporting to the CTO. They will be responsible for expanding the team substantially along with driving innovations in machine learning and analytics to assist the growth of the business. This person should also be able to provide departmental leaders with actionable KPIs, especially around marketing information, and use novel techniques to create new models and methods of looking at data to improve the holistic customer experience and general efficiency. These teams are responsible for the core machine learning technology that guide both our production of wines and our customer experience.
- You will scale data science and analytics through a period of rapid company growth by attracting, hiring, mentoring, and retaining top-tier talent.
- You will build and strengthen the data-driven culture at Penrose Hill
- You will empower every function across the company (Marketing, Operations, Winemaking, Design etc.) to get data-driven insights and make decisions on curated, high quality data.
- You will drive the technology vision and roadmap for our data science and data engineering teams.
- You will provide clear guidance on complex real world data and analytics challenges
- You will create scalable enablement programs and self-service tools to empower everyone at Penrose Hill to use data to improve our business
- You have 3+ years of management experience leading and growing analytics, data science and data engineering teams, including managing managers
- You have 5+ years of data science, data engineering, and data analytics experience
- You have a degree with specialization in Statistics, Computer Science, Data Science, Economics, Mathematics, Operations Research or another quantitative field or equivalent.
- You understand the difference between “known unknowns” and “unknown unknowns” and how that applies to data science vs analytics
- You have strong articulation, presentation, and documentation of data driven decisions and analysis
- You have experience in prioritizing a high volume of complex tasks.
Working with the world's best wine company isn't enough?
Seriously though, we offer remote work, and a location agnostic philosophy added to a very flexible work schedule. Unlimited vacation time. Further, we offer a truly competitive compensation package with bonus and stock options grants, plus choices with medical, dental and vision.coverage. Flexible Spending Accounts. Life insurance, 401(k), Employee Assistance Program, Discounted pet insurance. And to top it off: a wine credit and discount with Firstleaf.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈