Do you feel like a bot can’t do as good a job as you can solving problems? Do you believe it’s a better use of time to fully address an issue, even if it takes longer, than quickly fixing a part of the problem? Yea - we do too. That’s why our CS team strives to take the pain out of solving problems in a human way.
We’re looking for someone who understands that customer success is a focus on customers, not on ourselves. At Wildbit, we zero in to enable teams to build and launch their own products and services. Our success team handles our customers' needs proactively (success) and reactively (support) across our three products: Beanstalk, Conveyor, and Postmark. This position is for Postmark Support.
Postmark is a transactional email service provider (ESP). Our customers are primarily experienced developers implementing our web-based product into their company’s email platform. You would be the first point of problem-solving for a customer if they reach out for assistance. This role could be a good fit for you if you have:
- previously thrived in customer support for a SaaS product
- an understanding of transactional email and email technologies (SPF, DKIM, DMARC)
- solid English writing skills for answering customer support requests and writing help docs
- empathy towards others and a desire to teach customers
The person in this role will be expected to work 100% remotely in or near Europe 8am–4pm UTC/GMT as we aim to provide a balance in coverage for our customers in all timezones.
In one year, you’ll know you’re successful if you help new customers get up to speed quickly, triage issues, provide solutions, educate developers on industry best practices, and help our team identify where we can better meet the needs of our customers. This means creating content and user guides, talking to customers over various channels (email, live chat, phone, etc.), analyzing behaviors, and keeping our developers and designers up to speed at all times. Most of all, this job is about empowering developers to do their best work. And to have fun doing it!
If this sounds like what you’re looking for in your work, check out our Wildbit Jobs, Good/Bad Definitions, and Blog pages for a bunch more info about our company and what makes us pretty great.
Your resume is a great snapshot of what you've done in the past. We'd love to see what you're capable of now. To give us an idea of your skills and voice, please complete TWO of the following parts of the required sample exercise. There is a spot to upload a link to your responses on the application page (i.e., Google doc, Paper doc, etc.).
- Emails can bounce for a variety of reasons. How would you explain to a customer the reason an email they sent through Postmark returned a soft bounce?
- A customer reached out to Postmark support asking about a feature we don’t currently have (and it's not coming up in the near future). How would you handle that and what would you reply to them with? Please also tell us a little about why you answered this way. What is your thought process behind it?
- Explain to a customer how to authenticate their domain with DKIM.
Use our documentation in http://postmarkapp.com/support/ as a resource.
This project is all about showcasing what you can do. Don’t worry about trying to guess what we would do — make it your own, and have fun with it. We’re just looking to see a full slice of your work: your thought process, planning, writing skills, and all that goes with it.