Premium Contracts Specialist
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Category: Customer Service
Hi, I'm Nico, Premium Contracts Specialist Customer.io. We're looking to add another person in this function to join our growing team.
As a Premium Contracts Specialist at Customer.io, you’ll act as the project manager and closer for the successful renewal of accounts, and an internal guru for all things Premium contract based. Tasked with making sure that all of our Premium customers are on the right plan for their needs, you’ll collaborate with the dedicated Customer Success Manager for each account as you work on growing contract values your-on-year.
We don’t need you to be an expert at sales - but rather, an expert at getting to the bottom of each customer's needs and influencing them to continue investing in our platform. You won't necessarily be a data or technical expert but will be keen to get a good understanding of our app so that you can talk through product feedback during the renewal process.
- Manage the renewal timetable for customers in your timezone cohort (Americas and Canada)
- Task CSMs with introducing their customers to you in plenty of time for renewal, and making sure that you have everything you need to enter the conversation with confidence.
- Engaging with customers to encourage a renewal of their 12 month contract with us, ideally at a higher value than the prior period.
- Being a sounding board for the customers that you are working with on their renewals; you don't need to solve their problems, but you should feel confident taking their feedback and passing it back to their CSM.
- Being familiar with our Product Roadmap so that you can get customers excited about their next 12 months with us
- Create proposals/quotes for renewals and present them to customers, taking them through to a closed contract
- Working closely with our Billing team to ensure that pricing and plan details are internally set up for success.
- You’re curious and enjoy learning about different businesses and industries
- You are detail-oriented, and thorough in your work
- You’ve got a thirst for knowledge, and are keen to understand our app
- You enjoy working with numbers. We don't need a math whiz - we have plenty of tools to help you! But you'll be doing lots of negotiating and bouncing ideas around with customers and the team.
- Teamwork is a strength of yours. You'll work closely with the Success Team and the Billing Team, both as a supporter and the person being supported.
- You have a growth mindset - our ideal scenario is to get some level of growth in each renewal.
- You’re calm under stress and not easily rattled
- Patience! The renewal process takes on average 35 days to complete so it requires someone who can play somewhat of a long game.
- You enjoy solving problems independently but aren’t afraid to ask for help or collaboration when you need to
- You're based in North, Central or South America for timezone compatibility; EST preferred.
- You’ve worked in a company handling renewals or contracts before
- You have a background in SaaS
- You have experience collaborating with other teams to achieve your goals
- You’re opinionated about customer experience for a business and in general. In order to give renewal advice to customers, you should have well formed opinions!
- Bonus points: You can speak a second language
Our mission at Customer.io is to power automated communication that people like to receive. Today over 3,100 internet businesses use Customer.io to manage, send, and track performance of email, SMS, and push notifications. Unlike typical marketing platforms, Customer.io helps businesses increase relevance by using behavioral data: what people do or don’t do when logged in to a web or mobile app.
We are offering a starting salary of $68,000 USD depending on experience and subject to market rate.
Benefits at Customer.io include:
- Unlimited PTO - we recommend 20 vacation days (in addition to holidays and sick days) so that you can unwind, unplug, and recharge
- 100% medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance for you and your dependents
- 12 weeks paid parental leave - for birth, adoption, or foster care
- 401k retirement matching - up to 5% dollar for dollar match to retirement contributions
- Health and wellness allowance - Up to $200 USD per month that can be used for your healthy living needs, including gym membership, acupuncture, massage, or bike repairs
- Home office stipend - Up to $2,000 USD to help you get your home office set up so you can do your best work
- Internet + cell phone reimbursement - Up to $200 USD per month for your internet and cell phone plans
- Co-working space reimbursement - Up to $300 USD per month for those times you'd prefer to work in a co-working environment
- Learning + development - Up to $2,000 USD reimbursement per year to use on conferences, books, classes, or workshops - anything that will help you develop your skills
- 1 month paid sabbatical after four years at Customer.io - to treat yourself to a vacation, or spend however you choose
- Company retreats twice a year - we typically get together IRL every spring and fall, but most recently had an amazing virtual retreat!
- Flexible schedule, work anywhere you want! - as long as you have a reliable internet connection and some overlapping work time with your manager, you can work where and when you want
All final candidates will be asked to complete an employment and education verification authorization form (which allows us to verify your job history and education listed on your resume) as part of our pre-employment process.
Customer.io recognizes the stifling impact of systemic injustice on diverse communities. We commit to using our influence to increase inclusion and equity within the tech industry. We strive to build an inclusive team culture, implement bias-free hiring practices, and develop community partnerships to expand our global impact.
Check out our careers page for more information about why you should come work with us! We are passionate about our core values of Empathy, Transparency, Responsibility, and Awkwardness and are looking for new coworkers to share and build that passion!
Apply at the link below by 5pm PST on October 11th and tell us why you're interested in the position! In your cover letter, be sure to tell us the title of the last book you read. There is no advantage to applying early so put your best foot forward. We plan respond to all applicants by October 13th with a status update about your application.
Here's what you can expect from our hiring process:
30 minute video call with Symone, our Recruiting Manager
45 minute video call with the hiring manager Nico
Approximately one week to learn a little more about our product and prepare for a mock customer call
45 minute video call - mock customer call + feedback / next steps with Nat, VP of Customers and potential team members
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
To the best of our knowledge this position has no geo-restriction.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈