Head of Longtime User Happiness Support (LUHS)
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: US, Canada, UK, Germany, Belgium, Kenya, Senegal, or Côte d’Ivoire
Category: Customer Service
In 2019, immigrants worldwide sent over $600 billion home to family and friends, dwarfing foreign governmental aid. In the age of cheap, quick transfers through services like Paypal and Venmo, these people are trekking to stores to pay fees averaging over 7% for transfers that typically take 24 hours or more.
Sendwave's mission is to change that by making sending money anywhere in the world easy and affordable. Since 2014, our app has allowed Africans in the US, the UK, and Canada to send money instantly to mobile money wallets in Kenya, Uganda, Ghana, Tanzania, Nigeria, Senegal, and Bangladesh saving our users over 70% relative to Western Union and MoneyGram.
We recently piloted sending remittances to Liberia and are looking to rapidly expand around the world in the next year. That's where you come in...
Delighting our users is a core value at Sendwave. We are looking for a Head of Longtime User Happiness Support (LUHS) to guide a team of 40+ hourly support representatives and shift leads in living out this value as they strive to give quick, helpful and personalized support to our established users. The Head of LUHS will be responsible for managing the day-to-day components of LUHS, leading and developing multiple levels of support staff, and overseeing the recruitment and hiring of new staff. You will be also be responsible for collaboration on and execution of our LUHS initiatives aimed at improving user experience and expected to make recommendations for enhancements to training materials, workflows and product as needed to enhance our users’ overall experience with our support team.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for seeing that our users receive the best possible experience when they contact us via phone, SMS or email. We get over 35,000 contacts each month!
- Continue building and growing a multi-lingual support team to serve existing and new sending corridors.
- Work with our Support Operations Manager to set metrics-based performance goals for your team, crafting feedback loops to help your team achieve these.
- Work with our Support Operations Manager and other teams across our organization to build and implement efficient and effective processes for your team.
- Create and perpetuate a Support Team culture centered on empathy for and empowerment of our users and transparent and constructive collaboration within the team.
- Coordinate with our Support Operations Manager and Support Training Manager to ensure the Support Team has the resources and training it needs to serve our users and consistently deliver a high level of quality.
- Identify and act to remove obstacles to delivering consistently high levels of service.
- Work closely with our Head of Operations to help support delivery on their components of overall company goals and objectives.
- You have at least 5 years of contact center leadership experience
- You have experience leading a 45+ seat contact/call center and leading other leaders.
- You are versed in the technology needed to run an effective support team.
- You're passionate about Sendwave's mission, and excited to do what needs to be done to reach our customer experience goals.
- You feed off of interacting with people and getting the best out of them.
- You have strong written and communication skills.
- Are a self-starter, take initiative, self-manage and require little day-to-day direction to be successful.
- You are excited about working remotely and have the skills and self discipline to do so effectively.
- You take ownership with demonstrated effectiveness, working in ambiguous, fast-paced, and quickly changing contexts.
- Are bilingual in French, Italian, Spanish, Bengali, or Swahili
- Have experience with Zendesk
- Have provided call center leadership in a FinTech, Financial or Remittance environment
- Location: Our company is 100% remote. You can be based anywhere in the the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Germany, Belgium, Kenya, Senegal, or Côte d’Ivoire.
- Major benefits:
- Subsidized health insurance and retirement contribution matching (both vary from country-to-country)
- 26 weeks fully paid parental leave and subsidized fertility assistance
- Unlimited vacation with a 20-day minimum requirement
- $10,000 annual charitable donation matching
- Our team of 50-odd engineers, finance & compliance professionals, marketers, & people ops professionals as well as nearly 100 customer support personnel are fully distributed across North America, Europe, and Africa — working from coffee shops, homes, and coworking spaces — making us one of the larger fully distributed growth-stage startups in the world.
- Each quarter, we go on a five-day retreat together. Recently we've been to Miami (USA), Denver, Montreal (Canada) and Dakar (Senegal.)
- We play in bands, teach dance classes, run Vipassana retreats, played semi-pro basketball, and built tools to help Doctors Without Borders respond to the Ebola crisis.
- We collectively speak over twenty languages, including Akuapem, Amharic, Bengali, Ewe, Fante, Ga, Igbo, Kalenjin, Luganda, Oromo, Somali, Swahili and Wolof.
- We're backed by world-class investors including Khosla Ventures, Founders Fund, Y Combinator and the cofounders of PayPal.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If interested, please submit your resume & cover letter describing your interest in Wave below. Please also indicate the countries in which you have work authorization.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Wave is a place where everyone can thrive. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to wake up everyday.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: US, Canada, UK, Germany, Belgium, Kenya, Senegal, or Côte d’Ivoire.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈