1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Customer Service
Thingtesting is the un-sponsored corner of the internet where we can talk honestly about new things.
On the heels of the direct-to-consumer revolution, there has been, and continues to be, an incredible proliferation of new consumer brands online — but, coupled with the prevalence of fake and cherry-picked reviews, it’s become downright impossible for consumers to know who and what to trust when considering products for purchase. Our mission is to build the go-to independent destination for online shoppers to discover, engage with, and vet modern brands.
We are a venture-backed early-stage startup, and have recently closed our seed round of financing led by Forerunner Ventures. We have been fortunate to receive recognition for our hard work along the way from the likes of TechCrunch, Vogue Business, Modern Retail, and in a Harvard Business School case study. Forbes included our CEO, Jenny Gyllander, on its 30 Under 30 list.
We have a lot of exciting developments in store. Join us to make online shopping more transparent.
We’re looking for a Community Lead to build and strengthen the community of curious consumers on Thingtesting.com 👋
Discovery, curiosity, honesty, and transparency are the foundational values in everything we do, they're intrinsic to our culture, product, and community. As the Community Lead, you will play a key role in defining how we take those values to the next level by designing and managing new community-first initiatives and nurturing existing ones across our products and channels.
- Work with the team to build UGC and social features on Thingtesting.com, and liaise with the team on how to best engage our community around new feature launches and product development
- Explore, design, and manage new self-sustaining and scalable community initiatives that lead to better brand discovery for curious consumers
- Explore, design, and manage new initiatives that help brands improve, and empowers the founders behind the brands on Thingtesting
- Manage and grow our Friends of Thingtesting membership
- Build relationships with users, brands, and industry professionals
- Engage and solve user queries in a timely manner to ensure that members of our community are heard and taken care of to the best of our abilities
- 2+ years of experience managing and growing online communities
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to think strategically and execute tactically
- Experience launching new community-driven initiatives from scratch to final product and managing a virtual community (e.g. building an online forum, creating an event series, or writing a newsletter)
- Are a good listener than can empathize and engage with our users, manage user feedback, and offer support so that we can improve the user experience for our community
- Ability to identify, set goals for, and track relevant community metrics
- A positive attitude, a sense of humor, and a desire to build accessible products for all users
- Are a fluent English speaker and writer
- You are passionate about entrepreneurship, enthusiastic about new online brands, and have an eye for great design and products
- Familiar with Figma and Notion
- The opportunity to join a fast-growing startup, shape our future, and drive the growth of a preexisting and excited community that wants to be move involved with Thingtesting
- A friendly and nurturing environment to grow in
- Freedom to work from wherever you want (for time-zone efficiency, we'd prefer if you're based on the East Coast (U.S.). Today we’re 100% remote, with team members currently spread between New York, Detroit, and Scandinavia.
- Competitive compensation (a negotiable package of salary and equity), benefits, paid vacation, and other perks
- What tools do you use? We run on Figma, Slack, Notion (+ hang out on Discord) - but as you might guess, we are open to testing new things.
- Do you sponsor visas? No, unfortunately we can't sponsor visas right now.
- What language do you speak? We always speak English with the team (but our team is international and we know: 🇫🇮 🇩🇪 🇸🇪 🇪🇸 🇨🇳
- What perks and benefits do you offer? Medical, dental, vision & life benefits, flexible work hours, paid vacation, equity plan, retirement benefits with employer match, and of course, a team-wide product testing program.
- Can I join as a remote worker? While we work from home because of COVID-19 measures, you could work from anywhere in the U.S. Eastern timezone. Our team is remote and split between the U.S. and Europe.
- Is this a senior role? We don't like the hard division between "senior" and "non-senior." You'd be the first person on the team to lead our community initiatives at Thingtesting.
- When do I start? We won't know until we've found the right person but we're hoping for somebody to start in June. Earlier and later starts can be discussed.
- All meetings are virtual given COVID-19
- We are already reviewing incoming applications! We will invite applicants to 1st round interviews on the week starting May 3rd, 2021.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈