Remote web design Jobs in February 2020
5 Remote web design Jobs in February 2020Post a job
The Full Stack Web Developer (FSD) will be responsible for designing and developing a web-based biomechanics analysis platform tailored specifically for the company’s markerless motion capture and video data. The aim of this project is to develop a web-based platform, accessed through the company’s website, to aid front office personnel, coaching staff, and players in the analysis, visualization, and reporting of KinaTrax’s data. Additionally, the FSD will support future web development initiatives of the company.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The FSD performs the major functions listed below. The position may require additional duties/responsibilities that may not be outlined below, and specific functions are subject to change.
Designing and developing a web-based biomechanical analysis platform tailored specifically for use with the company’s markerless motion capture and video data.
Developing front end website architectures.
Designing user interactions on web pages.
Developing back end website applications.
Creating servers and databases for functionality.
Ensuring cross-platform optimization for mobile devices.
Ensuring responsiveness of applications.
Working alongside biomechanists and data scientists for core functionality.
Working alongside graphic designers for web design features.
Designing and developing APIs.
Troubleshooting, debugging, and upgrading software.
Designing and developing security and data protection measures.
Seeing through a project from conception to finished product.
Meeting both technical and consumer needs.
Writing technical documentation.
Staying abreast of developments in web technology.
Supporting the company’s future web development initiatives.
Designing and developing unit tests.
Participating in code reviews.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
The following qualifications are the minimum requirements necessary to successfully perform this role. However, any equivalent combination of experience, education and training, which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities, would be acceptable, subject to any legal and/or regulatory requirements.
Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent disciplines.
Proficiency with ASP.NET Core and familiarity with other server-side languages such as Python, Ruby, Java, and PHP.
Proficiency with MySQL and familiarity with other database technologies such as MSSQL, Oracle and MongoDB.
Proficiency with Microsoft Visual Studio.
Proficiency with web servers, such as IIS and Apache, and UI/UX design.
Experience in software engineering practices, including but not limited to software design and implementation, unit testing, code reviews, continuous integration, source control, and coding standards compliance.
Experience with Git is preferred.
Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a solution-based service process.
Experience troubleshooting and responding to customer concerns.
Proven record of being reliable and accountable for all aspects of their job.
Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical issues in an easy to understand manner.
Ability to work in a fast-paced, self-directed, entrepreneurial environment.
Resourceful, with the ability to work independently.
Strong time management skills.
Ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
Decision-making, problem resolution and creative thinking skills.
Attention to detail.
Ability to multi-task activities with shifting priorities. Able to work productively in a pressurized environment.
Ethical and trustworthy.
Extended periods of computer usage.
Occasional travel to meet with clients.
None required. Remote work.
KinaTrax develops a markerless motion capture system that analyzes the motions of a baseball pitcher and hitter in-game. The system is installed in more than 24 ballparks throughout the country, and is utilized by multiple professional baseball teams for the purposes of assessing and enhancing player performance and preventing injuries. The company was founded in 2015 and is headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida.
Compensation: $80,000 – $120,000
Benefits: Health Insurance, Retirement plan
Experience: Senior level
Functions: Full Stack Web Development
Industries: Biomechanics, Baseball
At Railroad19, Inc. we develop customized software solutions and provide software development services.
We are currently seeking a talented Sr. Front-End Developer (React focused) with a full stack awareness, to join our world-class team of developers assigned to work on a new project. This role will be responsible for contributing to the development and implementation of the front-end solution for our client. In addition to contributing code and tangible deliverables, the role is expected to work as an adviser to help identify, educate, and foster best-in-class solutions. Creating these relationships requires strong communication skills and some travel to the customer.
At Railroad19, you are part of a company that values your work and gives you the tools you need to succeed. We are headquartered in Saratoga Springs, New York, but we are a distributed team of remote developers across the US. Railroad19 provides competitive compensation with excellent benefits and a great corporate culture.
The role is remote - U.S. located, only full time (NO- contractors, Corp-to-Corp or 1099).
- Foster strong relationships with key stakeholders and provide expertise as well as customer service to meet a wide variety of requirements
- Quickly provide insight and options to front-end challenges
- Collaborate with Product Managers and business teams to create consumer-like, elegant, intuitive experience for enterprise users
- Contribute both technically and in an advisory role to projects
- Develop and manage extensible, stable code bases for a variety of applications
- Provide front-end architecture and aesthetic thought leadership
- Stay current with the fast-changing landscape of React
- Evaluate frameworks, technology, platforms, and tooling solutions
- Support and troubleshoot issues (process & system), identify root cause, and proactively implement sustainable corrective actions
Skills & Experience:
- Significant experience with the React eco system (Flux, Flow, Redux, routing, etc)
- Experience front-end tooling workflows: Node.js (NPM), WebPack, Create React App, Flow, Babel, TypeScript, etc
- Strong understanding of debugging for the browser
- Experience with Responsive Web Design (RWD) patterns
- Can-do Ability to work on other technology as needed
- Experience with unidirectional data flow patterns
- Full Stack awareness, but this role is front-end based
- Experience with data integration; understanding/experience with RESTful API design and/or WebSockets
- Working in an Agile environment
- Strong team-building, vendor and customer relations skills
- GIT and GitHub
- Strong communication skills (wireframes, rapid prototypes, PoC’s, white boarding)
- Experience maintaining and extending a style guide for scalability and cross application usage
Nice to Have, but not Required
- React Native
- WebWorkers experience
- ServiceWorkers experience
- Experience using TypeScript 2.x
- Experience with RxJS or other Reactive programming techniques/libraries
- PWA experience
At GovPredict, we build products that make government more transparent and politics more efficient. We help organizations navigate and guide public policy with a comprehensive platform that unifies advocacy, government relations, and fundraising teams.
We are a 100% non-partisan company -- and we really mean it! Our clients fall on all sides of every issue, and we provide the same powerful technology to them all. Our team members are also all along the political spectrum, and we want everyone to feel welcome. The only rule is that our personal political views never affect our work. We believe that every organization has the right and the duty to analyze government policy, come to their own conclusions, and promote their points of view to the public (and public officials).
Good companies can be built quickly. Greatness takes hard work over time. We want people who are dedicated and want to invest themselves in GovPredict just as much as we are dedicated to our people and invest in them. We are a team of relentless problem-solvers and we believe in professional development and promotion from within.
GovPredict is headquartered in Washington, DC, the heart of American politics. Our engineering offices are located in Chișinău, Moldova and in Belo Horizonte, Brazil. We have a friendly, collaborative, hard-working team that is dedicated to building the best public affairs software in the world.
The industry has gotten stale, and we're working to build something better. Organizations deserve the most modern, comprehensive tools available to monitor the political and policy landscape and protect their missions. If you want to help drive that forward, come work with us!
About the Role
Would you like to be the start of something big? Do you love taking a brief and turning into stunning reality? Have you developed materials that influence specific market segments? The marketing team at GovPredict is hiring its first full-time designer.
You will own the visual execution of GovPredict’s brand, playing a major role in shaping the way our state-of-the-art products are perceived in the Government Relations segment. Working closely with the VP of Marketing and other colleagues, you will be building something new.
This is a big opportunity, and we want someone who can take the lead in ensuring every interaction with GovPredict is exciting, engaging, and modern. You need to be adept at taking descriptions of niche market segments and designing materials that will spark specific emotional reactions in those segments.
The Senior Marketing Design Manager will create every visual item that we use, from case studies to pull-up banners and from digital ads to the entire marketing site.
- Design all marketing materials, including, but not limited to:
- Flyers, brochures, folders
- Corporate items such as folders, notebooks, swag, etc
- Conference display materials
- Online ads
- Web pages
- Develop and manage all visual aspects of the company brand
- Manage entire design process from receipt of brief to delivery of materials
- A bachelor's degree
- At least 5 years experience with print and digital design (B2B strongly preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to take the emotional motivators and general preferences listed in a brief for different target segments and translate this understanding into a design language that elicits specific responses.
- Willingness to iterate and optimize web designs based on data around conversion rates and site user behavior.
- Collaborative approach, receiving and responding to feedback
- Attention to detail
Qualifications that would be a Major Plus
- Ability to code web pages and modules (strong preference given to candidates with experience developing in HubSpot)
- Experience in HubSpot
- Working knowledge of the government relations/public affairs segment
Vivante Health is a disruptive, innovative and life-changing startup, focused on improving health and quality of life for those with invisible, stigmatizing and isolating chronic conditions. We are starting with a focus on digestive disorders (GIThrive®), using real human interaction and scalable technologies (along with patented devices) to provide an invaluable careteam (pharmacist, advocate "Sherpa", psychosocial expert, and clinical dietician) 24/7/365, to a population that badly needs resources and help. Over 70 Million people in the US have digestive disorders, which is double the number of people living with diabetes. We are the first and only company providing coordinated care for digestive health. We are not only improving the health of millions of Americans, but we are also GREATLY reducing the cost of care for those with gut issues.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Acquisition team at Vivante Health is seeking a junior graphic/digital designer to produce collateral geared toward lead generation and lead nurturing, as well as supporting needs for the sales team. The ideal candidate will be someone with strong graphic and web design skills, an understanding of brand consistency and the ability to work within brand guidelines, and experience designing a variety of content types including marketing emails, landing pages, white papers, brochures/one-sheets, web graphics & illustrations, presentations, and display ads. An ability to handle multiple projects at once, as well as quickly iterate designs based on feedback is a must.
- Design sales enablement tools, marketing collateral, materials & signage for events, proposal templates, powerpoint templates and presentations, marketing html emails, display ads, and other marketing & communications materials as needed, adhering to brand guidelines and based on project specifications/requirements
- Act as the first and last line of defense against brand creep; own the style guide and ensure that all materials are on-brand
- Meet with internal clients to understand design needs; review creative briefs and determine requirements
- Work with copywriter and content manager to produce layouts and final designs
- Schedule projects and define timelines
- Produce drafts for review by internal clients and management; make revisions based on feedback received
- Propose graphics for testing digitally and revise based on performance
- Review final productions for errors and ensure a high standard of quality
- Degree in Design, Fine Arts, or related field
- 2-3 years experience in graphic or web design
- A strong portfolio of design work, including a variety of print and digital assets: powerpoint presentations, brochures/PDFs, email, banners, etc.
- Strong understanding of branding & ability to design materials that adhere to brand style guidelines
- Highly skilled with Adobe Creative Cloud/Creative Suite
- Basic HTML & CSS or experience building HTML emails
- Detail-oriented and a keen eye for aesthetics
- Excellent communication skills; ability to conceptualize visuals based on requirements and present ideas to management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects at once
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience working remotely
- Experience working for a B2B organization
- Understanding of or experience with designing for accessibility
Please include a link to an online portfolio or portfolio samples in your application.
This job description is not intended to be complete or limiting. The role will require a proactive and flexible approach to manage tasks. Vivante Health is an equal opportunity employer.
At Multis, you'll be designing at the forefront of an entirely new industry, cryptocurrency. You must have the appetite to take on a challenging yet crucial mission: getting this new technology mainstream for business.
Business banking sucks. It should not. So we're rebuilding it from scratch with cryptocurrency, and that's your chance to make it shine through thoughtful and creative design. You won't follow existing rules: you'll invent a new playbook and drive the whole industry forward!
This is a unique opportunity to join a core team along ambitious and passionate founders, shape the culture at Multis and be in the driving seat of the next tech revolution!
Conduct user research and usability testing to discover issues
Sketch wireframes and experiences to offer thoughtful solutions
Design and prototype delightful and intuitive interfaces ready for engineering
Define our goals and track them to drive future product development
Push our brand and UI style forward to make Multis a category-definer
Have 3+ years of experience as UX/UI designer
Acquaintance with web design constraints
French/English (speaking & writing)
Ability to work across both Brand and Product
Empathic and curious with users
Comfortable working in a small team with high velocity and autonomy
Appetite to learn fast in an ever-changing crypto/fintech environment
If remote — previous experience with remote work
Know how to relax 🌴
Nice to have
Previous blockchain experience
Previous B2B/Fintech experience
Skills in Illustration, or Animation
Challenging work experience building next-gen banking with a frontier tech
Fast-learning environment, entrepreneurial and strong team spirit
Unique access to the Y Combinator and eFounders network
Competitive salary & equity
Tools of your choosing
Remote-friendly company with offices in Paris downtown (75002)
Off-sites abroad (next one will be in the Canary Islands)
Possibility to get all or part of your salary in crypto 🤑