Remote test automation Jobs in April 2020
4 Remote test automation Jobs in April 2020Post a job
NS8 is a fast-growing eCommerce SaaS companydedicated to the fight against online fraud.Ourcomprehensive fraud prevention platform combines behavioral analytics, real-time scoring, and global monitoring to help merchants of all sizes optimize order processing and minimize risk. NS8 headquarters is located in Las Vegas, with regional offices in Miami, the Bay Area, Amsterdam, Singapore, and Melbourne.
Why Join Us?
- We're blowing up and need talented engineers to keep up with the explosive business growth everything. Our company went from about 27 people to over 100 in the past year. We expect to continue growing, doubling in size this coming year.
- We've got funding but our revenue is killing it too. Our numbers are outperforming the projections in our last pitch deck - and we all know how lofty those can be.
- Our CEO is a developer of over 20 years and has additional founder and CEO experience with fast paced startups, so he gets the engineering side and the business under commits so development can over deliver.
- Our CTO has decades of technical expertise, running large development organizations with resources in every corner of the globe, deploying products that generate hundreds of millions of dollars annually across diverse and highly regulated markets.
- Our CSA has over 20 years development experience with both Fortune 20 companies and founding many startups in the platform space, including several large exits.
- Excel in a flat hierarchy and spend almost 100% of their time writing code.
- Love working in our agile, continuous integration and deployment environment.
- Conceive, design, develop, deploy and operate the code they write.
- Deploy maintainable, instrumented, predictable and reliable distributed systems on a steady cadence.
- Write tooling for automation, diagnostics, debugging.
- Participate in on-call rotation for their services.
- Build with a security mindset and are up to date on industry best practices.
- Design from the start with multi-tenancy and high availability as requirements.
- Have developed their remote engineering muscles and are highly engaged via Slack.
- TypeScript, React, Node.js
- Concourse + Helm3 for CI/CD
- AWS technologies
The SDET (Software Development Engineer in Test) works within a development team and ensures that all development is of the highest quality.
- Builds test plans and test cases to ensure that all new development is comprehensively verified
- Works with developers to build appropriate automated test coverage
- Technical to the core – codes the frameworks, harnesses, and test cases as needed
- Experience with BDD using cucumber
- Experience writing REST API tests
- Works with the SDET Lead to coordinate testing best practice
- Recommends and implements appropriate tooling, infrastructure and documentation where needed
- Integrates test automation with CICD
- Is always refining tools, tests and processes to ensure that no critical issues make it to production
- Encourages quality thinking and execution across the team
- Must be both self-motivated and work to direction
- Show continued visibility to work in progress and in plan
- Happy working in an agile workflow
- Willing to operate and participate in on-call rotation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or 2+ years developing software in a professional environment
- Experience working with test automation and CICD pipelines
- Work from home or on-site in Las Vegas
- Competitive salaries
- Fully stocked kitchen for on-site employees
- Vibrant is an understatement, company events are always first class and exciting – axe-throwing, luchador wrestling, fancy dinners, charity events, game shows.
- Value diversity, transparency, and encourage everyone to be their authentic self.
- Supportive, learning culture; where engineers are encouraged to present Lunch-and-Learns on any topic they are passionate about.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk and hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, crawl, reach, and stretch. - The employee is occasionally required to move around the office.
NS8 Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Skylight (https://skylight.digital/) is at the forefront of a civic movement to reinvent how the government serves the public in a digital world.
Were looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our talented team of technologists in driving this movement forward.
Youll be a key part of our small, but rapidly growing team, which consists of former Presidential Innovation Fellows, founders of 18F, and members of the U.S. Digital Service.
We work in small, fast, agile teams to create exceptional customer experiences and enduring solutions out of the governments most complex design and technology challenges. The work is challenging, but highly rewarding.
We focus on supporting you in a variety of ways:
- Competitive salary
- Opportunities for an economic stake in the company's success
- Performance bonuses, referral bonuses, publication bonuses, and public speaking bonuses
- Medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, dependent care FSA, healthcare FSA, and health savings account
- Dollar-for-dollar 401(k) match up to 10% of your salary
- Flexible paid-time-off policy (minimum of 29 days), which covers any type of leave (such as holiday, sick, and vacation) that you need or want to take
- Minimum of 9 weeks paid time off for all eligible new birth, adoption, or foster parents
- Annual $2,000 professional development allowance
- Annual budget of up to $750 for tech-related purchases
- Access up to $1,000 before payday to cover emergency expenses
- Incentives for living in a HUBZone area (https://maps.certify.sba.gov/hubzone/map), including relocation assistance and a monthly stipend to help offset the cost of rent or mortgage
- Remote-friendly work environment
- An environment that empowers you to unleash your superpowers for public good
We participate in E-Verify and upon hire, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
We're an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
Skills & requirements
What you’ll do:
Engineer an incredible experience for developers who are working in web-based environments such as Ruby, Python, Java, and Node.js through automation, virtualization, and process improvement
Achieve technical excellence by advocating for and adhering to lean-agile engineering principles and practices such as simple design and automated testing
Represent Skylight's culture of delivery when interacting with government stakeholders and other contractors
What we’re looking for:
Expertise in the areas of version control, deployment automation, continuous integration, test automation, monitoring, proactive notification, and “shift-left security”
Able to deploy and configure services using infrastructure as a service providers such as Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure
Able to solve problems using scripting and programming skills
Able to administer Linux-based systems, as well as Apache-based web servers
Experience with Elasticsearch and Docker
Experience creating secure systems while enhancing the privacy of all system users
Experience working within a multidisciplinary, agile team format
A mindset and work approach that aligns with our core values (https://skylight.digital/culture)
Ability to travel from time to time
This Software Engineer in Test position for our Secure team is 100% remote.
GitLab is building an open-source, single application for the entire software development lifecycle—from project planning and source code management to CI/CD, monitoring, and security.
Right now, we’re in a period of growth, we’ve more than doubled the size of the Quality department through 2019, and we’ve increased the number of GitLab employees from 400 to over 1100 this financial year, too.
At GitLab, we live and breathe open source principles. This means our entire handbook is online, and with a few clicks, you can find the details of future releases, check out our past releases, and see an overview of the product vision you’d contribute to when working here.
As a Software Engineer in Test at GitLab, you will be embedded in our Secure stage group. You’ll be responsible for baking in a culture of quality across the categories found within our Secure team, expanding on our existing test automation frameworks and test coverage across a range of configurations, and leading our test automation efforts on new features within our Secure categories as part of a dedicated cross-functional team.
- As part of our Secure team you’ll work on test automation issues related to the Quality department, the Secure stage group, and the entire GitLab product. The work you’ll do will be transparent and open to the GitLab community.
- You’ll develop new tests and tools for our GitLab.com frontend, backend APIs and services, and low-level systems like geo-replication, CI/CD, and load balancing.
- You’ll identify and drive the adoption of best practices in code health, testing, testability, and maintainability.
- You’ll work with engineers to define and implement mechanisms to inject testing earlier into the software development process.
- You’ll configure automated tests to execute reliably and efficiently in our CI/CD environments.
- You’ll work 1:1 with a Product Manager, and with the wider product and development teams to understand how new features should be tested and to contribute to automated tests for these new features.
- You’ll work in an environment where we aim to have a 1:10 ratio of Software Engineer in Test to Engineers.
- As an SET, you'll have the opportunity to become and expert in security testing-related techniques and concerns.
You’ll spend your time collaborating with a cross-functional team who are embedded in our Secure stage group. You could work on projects where you’ll be tasked with moving our security products from their own standalone QA process to the GitLab QA review application, growing our test coverage across our security products, and implementing security testing processes.
- You’ve got at least a few years of experience developing in Ruby or working on a Ruby on Rails application.
- You’ve got some experience with security testing or an interest in the security field. To demonstrate this, you could be familiar with SQL injections, cross-site scripting, or URL manipulation. Alternatively, you may have been involved in OWASP or security hacking sessions. This list is by no means exhaustative, it's here to give you an insight into the type of securty-testing experience we can look for.
- You’ve got a working knowledge of Docker.
- You’ve worked with industry-standard CI tools like GitLab CI, Jenkins, Bamboo, or Circle CI for example.
- You’re comfortable with Selenium-based test automation tools like Capybara.
- You’ve got experience with Git and its command line.
- You’re interested in growing your knowledge and skills in Test Environment Provisioning and Configuring (Terraform, Ansible, Kubernetes, GCP / AWS).
- You know about clean code and the test pyramid, and champion these concepts.
- Our values of collaboration, results, efficiency, diversity, iteration, and transparency resonate with you.
- You'll thrive in an environment where self-learning and self-service is encouraged and instilled as a part of our culture.
We're aware the confidence gap exists so we want to encourage you to apply even if you do not match all of the requirements exactly. The above list is intended to show the kinds of experience and qualities we're looking for. It is not a complete list of pre-required skills.What it’s like to work here at GitLab:
The culture here at GitLab is something we’re incredibly proud of. Because GitLabbers are currently located in over 51 different countries, you’ll spend your time collaborating with kind, talented, and motivated colleagues from across the globe.
Some of the benefits you’ll be entitled to vary by the region or country you’re in. However, all GitLabbers are fully remote and receive a "no ask, must tell" paid-time-off policy, where we don’t count the number of days you take off annually. You can work incredibly flexible hours, enabled by our asynchronous approach to communication. We’ll also help you set up your home office environment, pay for your membership to a co-working space and contribute to the travel costs associated with meeting other GitLab team members across the world. Also, every year or so, we’ll invite you to our Contribute event.
Our hiring process for this Software Engineer in Test position typically follows six stages. The details of this process and the compensation for this role can be found at the bottom of our job family page.Remote-EMEA
Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 in 2019, Marqeta powers modern payment solutions for companies innovating new services and process flows in a digital world. Our platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values to Connect the Customer, Find a Way, Make Simple, Take Risk and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It’s an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.Position Summary
Marqeta is a fast growing technology company with a one-of-a-kind culture. We are devoted to providing meaningful career experiences through challenging work, collaborative partnerships, and ongoing development.
We are looking for a quick-thinking, quality enthusiast who understands releasing great software is not just about reactive testing. As a Software Development Engineer in Test at Marqeta, you’ll be proactively assessing and mitigating risks for our API and Web platform releases, within one of our exciting product verticals. You’ll be solving big quality challenges, coaching Software Engineers and Product Managers in the art of quality testing and helping to create a long-term vision of quality features for our members. You are a passionate member of the team who wants to have high impact; looking for a hands-on technical career. This isn’t just about “Quality Assurance”; we want you to help us create a better product and proactively improve our quality efforts on the whole.Primary Responsibilities
- Write and execute automation testing for REST APIs and web-based applications as well as maintain existing automated tests and tools.
- Work with stakeholders for crafting test plans, resolving test scenarios and constantly update the existing test sets.
- Be a strong quality advocate, collaborating closely with software engineers, designers, and product managers to release revolutionary payment products.
- Pair with software engineers to identify and prevent gaps with automation/regression coverage and even build frameworks.
- Be part of transforming monolithic applications into more scalable and resilient distributed systems with high quality, using cloud technology.
- We value continued learning and development, so you will learn a lot.
- Follow a lightweight Scrum/Kanban methodology.
- 6+ years of experience or its equivalence in a software engineering role.
- Experience working with large-scale test automation frameworks.
- Experience with automation and performance testing for RESTful APIs & Web applications.
- Experience with using and setting up performance testing tools such as Gatling, LoadRunner, JMeter, etc.
- Bonus points for experience with Docker and Jenkins/Drone and Mobile automation.
- Bonus points for experience in the Payments Industry and with Micro-services architecture.
- Bonus points for experience in testing React applications
- Have the ability to solve complex problems with practical, maintainable, and scalable solutions.
- Leverage your extensive experience in previous projects to guard code quality and take opportunities to mentor juniors.
- Express what you know comfortably and confidently, especially during code reviews.
- Accept feedback with eagerness to learn more.
- Self-aware with the desire to continually improve.
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
- Monthly commuter and parking subsidy
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts and employee perks
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays and more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.