Remote terraform Jobs in February 2020
32 Remote terraform Jobs in February 2020Post a job
As a member of our Ops team, you will be at the heart of nearly every application, tool, and service at Help Scout. The work you do everyday will reflect the team mission: Ensure uptime and security across all of our applications while developing and supporting tools to enable customer bliss.To help us with our mission, we are seeking an experienced Ops Engineer to join our team. You will have a direct impact on Help Scout’s success, while helping more than 10,000 businesses around the world. While customers love our product, it means nothing if they can't access our services with great performance.Technologies we work with
About the role
- AWS, Linux (Ubuntu/CentOS), Chef, Git/Github, RabbitMQ, AWS Aurora MySQL & PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, Jenkins, Docker/Compose, New Relic, Sensu, PagerDuty, Ruby, Go, Python, Java, and PHP.
- You’ll be working on a small team of six (that includes one of our co-founders) and in collaboration with our software developers to build, deploy, secure, manage, and optimize highly-available, fault-tolerant, and horizontally scalable systems in AWS.
- Ideally, we are looking to add a team member in the North or South American timezones.
- Our engineering teams communicate mostly via Slack and are committed to remote, agile development. When your code is ready, you’ll create and send a pull request with test cases and tag your team for review.
- We are investing heavily in continuous integration and delivery and strive to uphold immutable infrastructure standards.
- You’ll work autonomously for the most part and we trust you to get work done when/where you can be productive.
A note about on-call
- In order to ensure excellent service to our customers, you will be part of our rotating on-call team.
- The 6-week rotation follows this format: 1 week on backup on-call(which rarely sees much action), 1 week of being on-call, followed by a 4 week hiatus from on-call.
- Our on-call shift is not particularly wearisome, but as a thank you for carrying the weight for the week, the day following your shift is a free day off if you want to take it. We want you happy, healthy and well-rested!
- You have a growth mindset, a passion for learning, and are willing to lean into discomfort for the good of our customers and product.
- You became an engineer because you like building systems, tools or products that help people.
- You write code and scripts that other engineers can easily read and understand and you welcome reviews and feedback from your peers. You are comfortable writing tests and you thoroughly verify your work before you deploy.
- You’re a great communicator and have an excellent command of written and spoken English.As a remote company, we rely on clear communication for collaboration and execution.
- You believe remote teams are the future of work, or are at least excited about the idea. You have experience working with remote teams or can adjust your work and time-management style to be remote-friendly.
- You are helpful and empathetic and care about building on our company culture that embraces these qualities.
- You have a deep understanding of what it takes to run SaaS at scale and have a solid understanding of Linux systems and networking; from kernel to shell, system libraries, file systems and client-server protocols.
- You are proficient and comfortable in the AWS ecosystem.
- You are adept at automating service and infrastructure configuration via industry standard tools (E.g. Chef, Terraform).
- You have experience building continuous deployment and testing tools. (Docker, ECS, EKS, Kubernetes)
- You design and build systems that work well and fail gracefully.
- Security engineering is near and dear to your heart; you build with and advocate for a security mindset when implementing new features and infrastructure.
BenefitsCompetitive salary - Our salary formula is public to all employees (but doesn't divulge your specific salary) and we update it at least once per year. Your salary is the same no matter where you live. Our goal is to pay at or above the market rate of a US-based tech hub like Boston or Seattle.Health and dental insurance - We cover you and your family's health/dental insurance 100%. If you are based in the US, we'll cover you on our Aetna policy. If you're based outside the US, we'll reimburse your out-of-pocket health and dental insurance costs.Long-term/short-term disability insurance & life insurance - we cover 100% of the premiums for LT/ST disability insurance and base life insurance. You also have the option to purchase supplementary life insurance through our provider (currently US only).Flexible vacation - Take time off when you need it! We recommend 3-4 weeks in addition to public holidays, but there are no firm rules. We trust you.Sabbatical - After you've been at Help Scout for 4 years, you get a month of paid vacation (in addition to regular vacation) and $2,500 to spend towards travel, learning, projects or anything else during your time off. Read about what our CEO did.Paid parental leave, including adoption - 12 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.401k with 1% match- via Betterment for Business (currently US only)Personal Development stipend - Up to $1,800 per year to improve your craftGreat tools - Each employee will be provided with a Mac laptop and display (or equivalent equipment of choice). We’ll also purchase any additional software or hardware you need.Home office stipend - Every new hire gets $1,500 USD to furnish their home office, and up to $350 USD per month if you'd like to rent a co-working desk somewhere.Complete transparency - Everyone has full access to business metrics and financial information about the company.About UsHelp Scout is made by roughly 110 people in 80+ cities around the world, all with a passion for helping others. We come from diverse backgrounds and are united by an enthusiasm for great products and delightful customer experiences. Help Scout launched in 2011 and today we have more than 10,000 paying customers in 140+ countries.Why Help Scout?We're remote. It doesn’t matter if you’ve worked remotely before — we’ve been doing it for nearly a decade and are helping to write the playbook — we’re happy to show you the ropes. Most folks that get a taste of working in a "remote first" company have a hard time going back to the old way of doing things.We’re passionate about diversity and inclusion. The data is abundantly clear about diverse teams being more successful, and we're dedicated to setting the team up for success. Today our leadership team is 62% women, and that's just the start. Here’s our 2019 report.We're committed to SMBs for the long term. Help Scout is focused entirely on serving small and midsize businesses, typically up to 500 employees, because those companies view customer service differently. It's not a cost to be optimized, it's their most effective marketing tool and a key differentiator from the competition. We built Help Scout for companies that truly value being customer-centric (like us) and want a product that shares their values.We're leaving the world better than we found it. Did you know Help Scout is a certified B Corporation, with a mission to give away at least 1% of our product through Help Scout for Good? Our company exists not just to help ourselves, but to invest in our team, our customers, our community, and our environment.Our commitment to youWe are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building a company that embraces and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We have read the studies and understand that diverse teams build better products, bring more perspective to the table, contribute to a company’s financial success and help foster a more inclusive environment for all employees, but the bottom line is that it's the right thing to do.
- You have experience working with MTAs (e.g exim, postfix) and SPAM filtering (e.g. rspamd, SpamAssassin)
Ceros is an experiential content platform that empowers the creation of bespoke, immersive digital content without code. We’re passionate about helping companies transform their static digital content into engaging experiences. From custom interactive microcontent, to immersive event microsites, you can build it with Ceros. Publish and update live content instantly, and embed it into your site instantly. Join us in ending the endless creation of static content and be part of the movement towards meaningful content experiences.
Our customers include some of the world’s leading brands, such as Mashable, GE, Red Bull, United Airlines, and IBM.
We are well-funded and venture-backed by prominent investors including Grotech Ventures, Greycroft, and Starvest Partners.
About the Product
Ceros provides multiple products and the Devops team supports them all.
We’re in the midst of migrating both the frontend and backend to Typescript.
The infrastructure uses Docker, Jenkins, and Cloudformation. We use a myriad of AWS offerings. We also use Okta for authentication and Fastly as a CDN. We’re eying a migration to Terraform and Kubernetes.
The DevOps team also supports Markup (https://markup.io), which is built in React and Typescript on the frontend and Typescript on the backend. Its infrastructure uses Terraform and Kubernetes on AWS.
About the Team
As part of the Ceros product team, you’ll be working with a cross-functional group of the most talented people you’ve ever worked with. We hire only passionate and creative people with a proven and unquestionable ability to execute, and every member of the team is equally responsible for moving the product forward.
We have a dynamic company culture that collaborates daily. We care deeply about the user experience, and we debate passionately about our ideas. When you work at Ceros, you check your ego at the door, and you aren’t afraid to be honest, especially to yourself. We take our jobs seriously but ourselves not so much.
The DevOps team is the primary caretaker of the infrastructure, responsible for owning the infrastructure roadmap and pushing it forward. We’re constantly looking to improve the infrastructure to make it more stable, scalable, available, more easily deployed, and easier to work with.
We follow DevOps principles, which means we view ourselves as the deep knowledge and support for all the developers when they need to write infrastructure code for their stories and fight the tendency to silo on a daily basis. We each attend one of the other development team’s standups as a liaison and we keep the door to the #devops slack wide open for anyone who has questions. We review the other team’s infrastructure code to make sure it’s in line with where we want to go. And we work to build better tooling around development processes to support the other teams in their work to push the product forward.
About the Job
As a DevOps focused engineer, your typical day-to-day involves:
- Evaluating, testing and building new infrastructure tools and technology
- Writing detailed planning documents on stories so your teammates can assess the proposed approaches to a story, offer suggestions of approaches missed, and we can all agree on where to go from there
- Writing maintainable code (probably goes without saying)
- Carrying out and being on the receiving end of intense code review sessions from your peers who hold your work (and their own) to the highest of standards
- Helping the full stack development teams write infrastructure code, and reviewing said code
- Writing clear documentation around infrastructure code and development tooling so that it’s easy to understand, use, and modify
- Working closely with the rest of the team to deploy new releases and data migrations without hiccups
- And finally, ensuring the availability of the Ceros platform
What we’re looking for:
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines, configuration management, infrastructure orchestration, containerization, linux administration... you know, DevOps.
- In particular, several years of experience with Terraform and Kubernetes.
- An eagerness to write well documented, clear code. You understand that infrastructure code is still code and the principles of documentation and organization that apply to every other kind of code, still apply here.
- The wisdom of experience. You understand that principles and design patterns are important guidelines, but not hard and fast rules. You know when to apply a pattern and when not to, when to hold fast to a certain principle, and when to let it go. You understand that sometimes we can’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good and we’ll have to take on tech debt, but when we do, it should be with consideration and intention (and should be documented).
- An eagerness to learn. We’re looking for engineers who are able and eager to keep up with the pace of our rapidly evolving field.
Key things to know
- This is a remote role
- We want you to start ASAP
- This is a full-time position
- Unlimited vacation days
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Premium health insurance
Working completely from home, you’ll be communicating often through chat rooms, email, and video conferencing. We offer flexible working hours and an extremely flexible vacation policy. And we provide excellent gear (15” Macbook Pro, iPad, external monitor, etc.).
If you’re interested in being part of the Ceros team, please send your resume and a cover letter to us. We’re a company of passionate, honest, and sometimes silly people, so don’t be afraid to express yourself.
About Pluralsight Flow, powered by GitPrime
GitPrime is now a Pluralsight company, an entire functional department of our new parent company. We are pioneering data-driven engineering. We report on the work patterns and the people-side of software development so engineering leaders can advocate for resources and demonstrate that they're driving business value based on objective data. We have strong product-market fit with hundreds of happy customers and we are growing rapidly.
Working at Pluralsight
Founded in 2004 and trusted by Fortune 500 companies, Pluralsight is the technology learning platform organizations and individuals in 150+ countries count on to innovate faster and create progress for the world.
At Pluralsight, we believe everyone should have the opportunity to create progress through technology. That everyone should have access to the skills of tomorrow. That technology can make the world a better place. Through the work we do everyday, we empower the people who power our world.
And we don’t let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. We’re adults, and we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics and trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, and peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds and experiences, and united by our mission, we are one.
As a DevOps Engineer at Pluralsight, you will partner with the DevOps Manager to curate Developer self-service tools and systems to empower our continuous deployment environment. You will keep Pluralsight’s finger on the pulse of the DevOps community by continually researching, testing, and developing solutions to better enable our Software Engineers through automation and self-service. As an embedded member of remote development teams, you will be the subject matter expert on how and when to utilize the tools built and deployed by DevOps, as well as an influential partner in delivering incredible end user experiences.Pluralsight is a leader in the tech education space, and as such, our engineers are a driving force in developing and promoting industry best practices while continually synthesizing new ideas. You will help set the bar for DevOps teams across the industry while building a product that creates the innovators of tomorrow through technical education.
Who you are:
- You are an experienced DevOps professional that enjoys being in the middle of the development lifecycle
- You love exploring new technologies and keeping your own technical skills sharp while exhibiting responsibility and caution
- You have a passion for innovation, learning, and excellence
- You elevate the technical abilities of those around you
- You are an amazing communicator and effective influencer within the remote teams you are on
- You have a track record of being analytical, methodical, and quality-driven
What you’ll own:
As a DevOps Engineer with a knack for automation, troubleshooting, and problem-solving, you will be responsible for monitoring our environments, servers, and applications for health, performance, and security. You will work with our talented team of Software Engineers to decide how to best create meaningful outcomes for our end users.
- Develop a flexible infrastructure to promote Developer self-service, while promoting continuity across our overall environment.
- Development of tools and systems to support Developer self-service
- Continuous environment monitoring for application health, performance, and security
- Maintaining a pulse on emerging technologies and discovering hidden opportunities in our environment
- Use technical expertise and experience to evaluate industry technologies and assess practice relevance
- Collaborate with Software Developers to research and address technical needs and to roadmap and develop new solutions
- Maintain and improve standards of Operational Excellence
- Ensure redundancy and resilience of infrastructure and services
- Reliability and Performance
- Championing of continual improvement in the areas of reliability and performance
- Help design and implement secure environments and servers
- Forecast and assess reliability risks
- Ensure all infrastructure is configuration managed
- Development Support
- Support DevOps Manager
- Collaborate with the Ops and DevOps teams, as well as Security, IT, and Software Engineers
Experience you’ll need:
- A successful candidate will be well experienced in key areas such as AWS, Saltstack, and Terraform (or similar)
- Experience with Kubernetes and containerization to be able to support existing teams
- Ability to quickly analyze and comprehend new or unfamiliar technologies or ideas
- Track record of progressive DevOps engineering experience including the following:
- Strong systems administration skills in both Linux
- Experience in automation and the development of automation tools
- Strong background in continuous integration and deployment methodologies/pipelines
- Strong administration of HAproxy, RabbitMQ, Redis
- Strong knowledge of network security and performance
- Knowledge of compliance frameworks (PCI, SOX, SOC 2, ISO 27001)
- Powershell, Bash, and Python scripting
- Database administration background in Postgres or similar
- Experience with Kafka a plus
- Strong understanding of DevOps mentality and tools
Technologies and tools you’ll use and interact with here:
- Linux - Ubuntu LTS, RHEL, CentOS 7, Fedora Core
- Tools - Github, New Relic, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, Saltstack, OpsGenie, ELK, Terraform
- Services - Haproxy, Nginx, IIS, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Zookeeper
- AWS - EC2, RDS, ECS, VPC, Route53, ELB, ALB, Lambda, Elasticache, Cloudfront, Service Catalog, Cloudwatch, CloudFormation, IAM, Certificate Manager, Directory Service, WAF & Shield, SQS, SNS
- Data Stores - Cassandra, Postgres, MySQL, MSSQL, Redis, BigQuery, Hadoop, Elasticsearch
- Other - Cloudflare, Salesforce.com, wpengine.com, Zuora, Adobe AEM, Adobe Search and Promote
- Languages in use here that you may help support: Python, Node.js, Ruby, Java
Be Yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
As a well rounded systems reliability engineer with a diverse set of skills, this makes you one of the very best people to troubleshoot, monitor the platform, and be on top of releases. You should definitely be the type that appreciates diversity in your day, and challenges outside of your comfort level! A typical day might include these types of activities:
- Taking charge of the build process and pipelines across the platform.
- Being keenly aware of systems architecture and automatically adding in redundancy and backup for new systems and software.
- Assist in troubleshooting a complex customer issues across network devices, server hardware, virtual machines, in-house software and open source software. Not only can you run tcpdump with filters on the command line, but you can read it there also.
- Adding additional monitoring and alerting on all systems across the platform that will help you identify one of those annoying intermittent issues you have seen in the logs.
Skills & Requirements
The right candidates will probably have a CS degree, solid scripting and automation skills, great troubleshooting skills across the OS and network, a good grasp on security concepts, experience with routing platforms and protocols, and enjoy working collaboratively.
Specific requirements include:
- Experience in automating tasks through scripting. You should be very well versed with Python, and probably a few other languages. We will ask for script samples.
- High degree of drive to improve and automate your environment with minimal guidance
- Be able to solve for immediate, and plan to accommodate for future problems
- Experience with Ansible, Salt, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, or CFEngine. Experience with Ansible and Terraform preferred.
- Experience with build pipelines, integration testing and Jenkins.
- Experience administering a wide variety of *nix platforms, including multiple Linux variants.
- Solid understanding of Layer 2 and Layer 3 protocols including IPv4/6, 802.1Q, BGP, MPLS, etc., and understanding a multitude of different network architectures.
- Experience with Google Compute, AWS, or other cloud based compute and database services.
- Understand the importance and implementation of backup and redundancy across many layers of databases, systems, and network configurations.
Some knowledge that would be a huge plus:
- Familiarity administering/troubleshooting Juniper/Cisco/Arista platforms.
- Experience with extremely large scale network management and monitoring.
- Experience with Postgresql, TimescaleDB, ElasticSearch
This Software Engineer in Test position for our Secure team is 100% remote.
GitLab is building an open-source, single application for the entire software development lifecycle—from project planning and source code management to CI/CD, monitoring, and security.
Right now, we’re in a period of growth, we’ve more than doubled the size of the Quality department through 2019, and we’ve increased the number of GitLab employees from 400 to over 1100 this financial year, too.
At GitLab, we live and breathe open source principles. This means our entire handbook is online, and with a few clicks, you can find the details of future releases, check out our past releases, and see an overview of the product vision you’d contribute to when working here.
As a Software Engineer in Test at GitLab, you will be embedded in our Secure stage group. You’ll be responsible for baking in a culture of quality across the categories found within our Secure team, expanding on our existing test automation frameworks and test coverage across a range of configurations, and leading our test automation efforts on new features within our Secure categories as part of a dedicated cross-functional team.
- As part of our Secure team you’ll work on test automation issues related to the Quality department, the Secure stage group, and the entire GitLab product. The work you’ll do will be transparent and open to the GitLab community.
- You’ll develop new tests and tools for our GitLab.com frontend, backend APIs and services, and low-level systems like geo-replication, CI/CD, and load balancing.
- You’ll identify and drive the adoption of best practices in code health, testing, testability, and maintainability.
- You’ll work with engineers to define and implement mechanisms to inject testing earlier into the software development process.
- You’ll configure automated tests to execute reliably and efficiently in our CI/CD environments.
- You’ll work 1:1 with a Product Manager, and with the wider product and development teams to understand how new features should be tested and to contribute to automated tests for these new features.
- You’ll work in an environment where we aim to have a 1:10 ratio of Software Engineer in Test to Engineers.
- As an SET, you'll have the opportunity to become and expert in security testing-related techniques and concerns.
You’ll spend your time collaborating with a cross-functional team who are embedded in our Secure stage group. You could work on projects where you’ll be tasked with moving our security products from their own standalone QA process to the GitLab QA review application, growing our test coverage across our security products, and implementing security testing processes.
- You’ve got at least a few years of experience developing in Ruby or working on a Ruby on Rails application.
- You’ve got some experience with security testing or an interest in the security field. To demonstrate this, you could be familiar with SQL injections, cross-site scripting, or URL manipulation. Alternatively, you may have been involved in OWASP or security hacking sessions. This list is by no means exhaustative, it's here to give you an insight into the type of securty-testing experience we can look for.
- You’ve got a working knowledge of Docker.
- You’ve worked with industry-standard CI tools like GitLab CI, Jenkins, Bamboo, or Circle CI for example.
- You’re comfortable with Selenium-based test automation tools like Capybara.
- You’ve got experience with Git and its command line.
- You’re interested in growing your knowledge and skills in Test Environment Provisioning and Configuring (Terraform, Ansible, Kubernetes, GCP / AWS).
- You know about clean code and the test pyramid, and champion these concepts.
- Our values of collaboration, results, efficiency, diversity, iteration, and transparency resonate with you.
- You'll thrive in an environment where self-learning and self-service is encouraged and instilled as a part of our culture.
We're aware the confidence gap exists so we want to encourage you to apply even if you do not match all of the requirements exactly. The above list is intended to show the kinds of experience and qualities we're looking for. It is not a complete list of pre-required skills.What it’s like to work here at GitLab:
The culture here at GitLab is something we’re incredibly proud of. Because GitLabbers are currently located in over 51 different countries, you’ll spend your time collaborating with kind, talented, and motivated colleagues from across the globe.
Some of the benefits you’ll be entitled to vary by the region or country you’re in. However, all GitLabbers are fully remote and receive a "no ask, must tell" paid-time-off policy, where we don’t count the number of days you take off annually. You can work incredibly flexible hours, enabled by our asynchronous approach to communication. We’ll also help you set up your home office environment, pay for your membership to a co-working space and contribute to the travel costs associated with meeting other GitLab team members across the world. Also, every year or so, we’ll invite you to our Contribute event.
Our hiring process for this Software Engineer in Test position typically follows six stages. The details of this process and the compensation for this role can be found at the bottom of our job family page.Remote-EMEA
Secureworks® (NASDAQ: SCWX) is a technology-driven cybersecurity leader that protects organizations in the digitally connected world. Built on proprietary technologies and world-class threat intelligence, our applications and solutions help prevent, detect, and respond to cyber threats. Red Cloak™ software brings advanced threat analytics to thousands of customers, and the Secureworks Counter Threat Platform™ processes over 300B threat events per day. We understand complex security environments and are passionate about simplifying security with Defense in Concert™ so that security becomes a business enabler. More than 4,000 customers across over 50 countries are protected by Secureworks, benefit from our network effect and are Collectively Smarter. Exponentially Safer.™ www.secureworks.com
We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results. A constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about “what’s next.” We offer flexible work options when available, and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a team.
In this exciting role, you will work on the next generation of Securework's security products. You’ll join a very seasoned team of Software Engineers and Data Scientists, and collaborate with stakeholders across security and technology groups to drive innovation. Your focus will be on DevOps functions within a Kubernetes environment including continuous delivery, monitoring and security across a diverse set of environments from development through to production.
The ideal candidate will possess strong technical knowledge and software development background with an emphasis on Kubernetes, continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD), designing and developing software leveraging Public Cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure). This position also requires experience in designing, developing and reviewing security and technology architectures, and the ability to identify and drive issues to closure. This individual must be a consensus builder, a team player, and work well within an open security posture environment. Red team experience and mentality a definite plus.
To learn more about one of our newly launched products that you will secure and develop, explore here
Core Responsibilities Include
Delivering production code at a regular cadence using Agile techniques, tools and methodologies.
Building automation tools and components to enhance the installation and provisioning of cloud-based applications in AWS, Azure, or similar cloud providers.
Collaborating with Software Architects, Software Engineers, and Data Scientists and ensuring products and services are pushed into production in a secure fashion.
Automating the deployment of products and services and actively monitoring to ensure uptime and effective performance of applications and platforms.
Acting as an escalation point to address issues with outages and operations and actively forecasts to proactively address issues and minimize downtime.
Required Skills and Experience
8+ years of software development experience with emphasis on DevOps responsibilities.
2+ years of Kubernetes experience focused on DevOps.
A deep understanding of CI/CD tools, processes and a strong desire to help teams release frequently to production with a focus on creating reliable high quality results.
Strong development experience with languages such as Python and Go.
Strong background integrating continuous delivery (CD) tools, such as Spinnaker, GitLab or Argo, with Kubernetes.
Experience integrating CI/CD feedback with code review systems like GitLab and group chat software such as Slack or Mattermost.
Experience integrating monitoring and alerting capabilities using software such as Grafana, StatsD, Prometheus, DataDog, etc.
Experience working or developing autoscaling tools (ex. Vertical Pod Autoscaler, Cluster Autoscaler and/or the Horizontal Pod Autoscaler).
Expertise with Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Platform and other common public cloud providers.
Ability to tackle problems both at the large scale and the small scale, with constant focus on optimization, high availability, and security as it relates to the CI/CD process.
A drive to continually learn new technologies, tools, and methodologies, including those out of your comfort zone.
Strong attention to detail, excellent analytical capabilities and a passion for building robust platforms for accelerating delivery to production.
BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
Preferred Skills and Experience
Experience with Gitlab.
Past experience with infrastructure tools such as Terraform, Packer, Ansible and Vault.
Experience writing Kubernetes operators is a plus.
Experience solving problems in a live production environment.
Experience working with and managing multiple Kubernetes clusters, preferably with federation.
Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) a plus.
Prior experience working at a startup or in an entrepreneurial environment.
Secureworks (A Dell Technologies Company) is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Secureworks here.
SemanticBits is a leading company specializing in the design and development of digital health services, and the work we do is just as unique as the culture we’ve created. We develop cutting-edge solutions to complex problems for commercial, academic, and government organizations. The systems we develop are used in finding cures for deadly diseases, improving the quality of healthcare delivered to millions of people, and revolutionizing the healthcare industry on a nationwide scale. There is a meaningful connection between our work and the real people who benefit from it; and, as such, we create an environment in which new ideas and innovative strategies are encouraged. We are an established company with the mindset of a startup and we feel confident that we offer an employment experience unlike any other and that we set our employees up for professional success every day.SemanticBits is seeking a DevOps Engineer to support the automation and deployment needs of a range of projects. You will work hand-in-hand with development teams to implement automation solutions using technologies like Amazon Web Services (AWS), CloudFormation, Ansible, Terraform, Elastic Compute Cloud, and Jenkins to automatically build, test, integrate, and deploy applications in the healthcare and life sciences domains. You will leverage the full power of the cloud to configure highly resilient and scalable applications that can handle hundreds of thousands of users. This is a remote position.Requirements
- Candidate must reside in the United States
- Solid hands-on working experience with configuring and maintaining resources on AWS
- Experience with the majority of EC2, ELB, CloudFormation, S3, Glacier, CodeDeploy, SNS, SQS, RDS, IAM
- Hands-on understanding of virtualization and experience with Docker
- Deep, hands-on experience with Linux and administration
- Expertise with production deployments, and CI/CD tools such as Jenkins
- Experience automating cloud infrastructure, such as with CloudFormation
- Expertise with cloud security, such as managing users, roles, and privileges through IAM
- Experience managing Atlassian tooling such as Jira and Confluence preferred
- Experience deploying and managing a wide range of components that support web applications, such a nginx, Apache http, git, scripting (bash, Perl, Python, etc.), databases (MongoDB, PostgreSQL, etc.)
BenefitsCompetitive base salaryThree weeks of PTOTen paid holiday daysComprehensive health benefits (Medical with HSA option, dental and vision)Professional development and training reimbursement401k retirement plan with 3% base salary contribution irrespective of employee's contribution100% paid short-term and long-term disability100% paid life insuranceFlexible Spending Account (FSA)Casual working environmentFlexible working hoursSemanticBits, LLC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are also a veteran-friendly employer.
- Experience with Kubernetes
Cloud Academy is the leading digital skills development platform that enables every enterprise to become a tech company through guided Learning Paths, Hands-on Labs, and Skill Assessment. Cloud Academy delivers role-specific training on the leading cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform), essential methodologies needed to operate on and between clouds (DevOps, security, containers), and capabilities that are unlocked by the cloud (big data, machine learning).
Companies like Turner, Cognizant, SAS, and ThermoFisher customize Cloud Academy to contextualize learning and leverage the platform to assign, manage, and measure cloud enablement at scale. Learn more at cloudacademy.com.
Our growing Content Team is now looking for a Labs Developer to create new Labs for our Labs Technology group. This role is a hybrid between a Content Creator and a Technical Writer and we are looking for someone with experience and passion in both.
The ideal person has an understanding of cloud technologies and is passionate to teach what they have learned to others. You will be working with a SaaS product on a team of 3 to 6 people to build online labs.
This position is 100% remote and will report to our Lead Labs Developer.
- Create fulfilling labs and lab challenges in one or more Cloud Academy library categories
- Write infrastructure as code templates to provision resources when labs start
- Secure lab environments by defining least privilege identity and access management policies
- Develop serverless functions to check the progress of users as they progress through labs and lab challenges
- Consistently deliver new labs on time
- Update labs in our library to ensure they are up-to-date and providing the best possible experience for our customers
- Work with the content team to integrate labs and lab challenges into learning paths
- Communicate feedback and ideas to software developers to continuously improve the lab platform
- At least 2 years experience in production environments and/or technical writing
- Able to independently transform a blueprint of a lab into an elegant learning experience for our end users
- Experienced with Amazon Web Services, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with implementing infrastructure as code (CloudFormation, ARM templates, Deployment Manager, or Terraform)
- Proficient with a programming or scripting language, such as Python, Node.js, PowerShell, and/or Bash
- Able to document in clear technical steps
- Work alongside software developers to provide constant feedback on new releases
- Extremely proficient in both written and spoken English
Additionally, the following will be viewed favorably:
- Experienced with automating, designing infrastructure, and developing new features to attract customers
- One or more public cloud vendor certifications
- Experienced with RESTful APIs,
- Familiarity with Git, Hyper-V, Docker, and/or Kubernetes
- Competitive salary with an annual bonus
- Budget for professional development
- 4 weeks paid vacation per year
- Great company culture and work environment
- Highly-skilled teammates and lots of opportunities for growth and development
We have proudly been recognized by INC Magazine with the Best Workplaces award two years in a row! Read more about this achievement and what makes us special here: https://www.invoca.com/press/invoca-recognized-as-an-inc-magazine-best-workplace-for-the-second-consecutive-year/
Commitment to our customers, collaboration, and continuous improvement in a positive environment are more than words written on a wall at Invoca, it’s our way of life. We take pride in an inclusive and egoless culture that helps us drive innovation and build value for both our customers and our people. And of course, there’s the competitive pay, great perks, and getting to work on an industry-leading product. If this sounds unlike most tech jobs you’ve had, you’re right. Come join us. We’re building something special.Job Description
Invoca offers an unusually valuable engineering experience. You will be part of a team of world-class Engineers scaling our Information Security program with our rapidly growing company and SaaS application. Innovating new and creative ways to secure our platform and people. Our remote-first team is committed to upholding high standards via modern methodologies of agile software development, test-driven development, and DevOps.What you will do:
What we are looking for:
- Work with SRE team to deploy and maintain security tools for the organization
- Execute web application and network penetration testing
- Oversee vulnerability assessment platform
- Innovate and assist in improving our Information Security framework
- Assist with security awareness training (phishing tests, annual awareness, etc)
What is the team like?
- A minimum of three years of experience in an Information Security team
- A systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Extensive experience within a production environment performing penetration tests on both systems and web applications
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, and the challenges/benefits associated with containerization.
- Hands-on experience with Configuration Management (e.g. Chef, Ansible, Puppet) and/or Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation).
- A desire to create and write elegant, scalable, and maintainable tools and solutions.
You’ll join a team where everyone, including you, is striving to constantly improve their knowledge of software development tools, practices, and processes. We are an incredibly supportive team. We swarm when problems arise and give great feedback to help each other grow. Working on our close-knit, cross-functional teams is a great chance to grow your knowledge of different domains from databases to front ends to telephony and everything in between.
We are passionate about many things: continuous improvement, working at a brisk but sustainable pace, writing resilient code, maintaining production reliability, paying down technical debt, hiring fantastic teammates; and we love to share these passions with each other.Diversity and inclusion statement
“Our company is committed to creating a culture that is not only grounded in continuous learning, teamwork, and customer success, but is fair, equitable, and welcoming for everyone.” Gregg Johnson CEO
And to us, diversity and inclusion means even more than treating current employees well and making them feel welcome. It also means proactively hiring people who bring different insights because of their unique demographics, ways of thinking, and prior experiences.
We intend to continue hiring great people and protecting our culture so everyone can be themselves and speak their minds. That way Invoca will always be a place filled with laughter, energy, hard work, thoughtfulness and respect.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Articulate is looking for a Platform Engineer to join our team.We’re makers. We build delightful systems and tools that empower our engineering teams to move quickly, safely, and reliably. Join us in building scalable e-learning for millions of learners across Rise.com and Articulate 360.We need a special person who thrives in an environment of freedom. You might be our person if you can work largely self-directed from home and have hands-on experience building SaaS infrastructure on Kubernetes (or relevant experience).Responsibilities:
- Configure systems and infrastructure as code using Terraform.
- Work on critical infrastructure projects and make informed decisions that move Articulate forward.
- Modernize legacy app infrastructure on EKS.
- Build disaster recovery infrastructure and continuously improve uptime and availability.
- Provide easy to use monitoring capabilities to our engineers and stakeholders (we use Datadog and other tools).
- Work closely with our infosec team to address infrastructure level security concerns and maintain regulatory compliance.
- Integrate all aspects of infrastructure authentication with our company’s identity provider (we use Okta).
- Highly proficient with commonly used AWS services (or comparable experience with another cloud provider).
- Skilled at risk analysis and can make critical decisions that impact your team and our customers.
- Experience managing apps in Docker at scale.
- Previous experience building Dockerized apps is a plus.
- Networking experience, generally or specific to Docker.
- Kubernetes and Helm experience is a plus.
About ArticulateArticulate is a highly successful, fully remote software company that’s changing the way the world learns. Our award-winning e-learning tools are used by 98,000+ organizations across the globe to create engaging online and mobile courses. Our customers include 93 of the Fortune 100 and 19 of the top 20 U.S. universities. And our online community of 800,000+ members is the largest, fastest-growing community in the industry.We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We’re all free to exercise our crafts the best way we know how to reach our goals as individuals and teams. Each and every one of us is focused on producing results that directly impact the company’s success. And we all strive to do what’s right by people, both internally and externally, instead of taking the shortest route to the highest profits.We honor people’s humanity in all of our disparate experiences and social locations, accepting each person as an individual with a story worth listening to and honoring. We believe that honoring everyone’s humanity means being committed to equity and justice. We welcome different voices and viewpoints and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applicants to voluntarily disclose their race and gender on our application form to help us create a diverse company. This voluntarily disclosed information will not be shared with any hiring manager and will be kept in confidence by the Articulate human resources department and executives who are not hiring for this position.
- Experience building monitoring apps at scale.
Lead engineer for OTT/Connected Devices applications (AppleTV, FireTV, Roku, Xbox)
- Experience building apps on living room streaming-media devices like the Roku, Fire TV, Xbox, PlayStation etc.
- Experience with Roku BrightScript a plus
- Work closely with UX designers, product managers, and engineering leadership to create best-of-class, delightful TV-watching experiences.
- Collaborate with other developers to deliver a modern OTT client to Roku, Xbox, Fire TV, PlayStation, and other streaming-media devices.
- Strong programming language and scripting skills.
- A solid understanding of computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, etc.).
- Work samples demonstrating experience in building great user interfaces
- Independence and an eagerness to learn new technologies.
- Experience in building SVOD products a big plus - streaming technology, video players, video encoding and integrating platforms such as Brightcove, Kaltura, AWS Elastic Transcoding, Mux, Fastly, Panthera, etc.
- Experience in building SaaS and digital subscription payment solutions such as Stripe and Recurly
- Working knowledge of third party analytics libraries like Google Analytics, MixPanel, Conviva and Mux
- Experience with CI/CD and Cloud DevOps tools such as Travis, CircleCI and GitLab, CodeDeploy, Serverless, Terraform and VS App Center
- Experience working in an Agile delivery environment (Scrum) is a must
- Design and implement new features with our Product Team
- Participate in the deployment of various cloud-based technologies needed to implement projects
- Mentor junior developers
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
BA/BS in Computer Science or Art Design or equivalent professional experience.
8+ years overall experience in software engineering
5+ years’ experience developing high traffic consumer-facing applications/platforms.
12 Factor application principles
Mattermost, one of Y Combinator's top 100 companies, provides an open source enterprise-grade messaging platform to the world’s leading organizations that allows teams to collaborate securely and privately anywhere. With over 10,000 server downloads / month our customers include Uber, Samsung, Affirm, The US Department of Defense and more. Our private cloud solutions offer secure, configurable, highly-scalable messaging across web, phone and PC with archiving, search, and deep integrations with hundreds of SaaS and on-premises technologies. Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, our company serves customers around the world with a distributed organization spanning the globe.We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost and come talk to us!About the RoleWorking in open source means your work is publicly visible. Your code will receive both credit and constructive critique from the community. With the right mindset and support these can lead to you a highly positive working environment and making the best engineering decisions of your career. Core committers include highly skilled volunteer developers from the community, staff employed by enterprises deploying and investing in Mattermost, as well as staff employed by Mattermost, Inc.Read about our end-to-end recruiting process for core committers at: https://docs.mattermost.com/process/developer.htmlWe are looking for an engineer with demonstrated experience in software development and infrastructure with a focus on ensuring high reliability and scaling of Mattermost’s SaaS offering through building tools, deploying infrastructure and automation.Responsibilities
- Develop tooling and infrastructure to support thousands of customers on Mattermost’s SaaS offering
- Write thoughtful and high-quality code in Go
- Define infrastructure in code with Terraform
- Implement, maintain and tune monitoring and alerting systems
- Build custom tools and services to automatically recover from incidents
- Respond on-call to incidents with quick and effective resolutions
- Deploy applications to and manage Kubernetes clusters
- Write clear and concise plans for incident response playbooks
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related fields, or significant professional software development or DevOps experience
- Strong demonstrable experience in building and maintaining highly reliable services
- Strong experience with SRE and DevOps methodologies
- Experience with or an ability to quickly become proficient in Go
- Familiarity with containers and orchestration systems, like Docker and Kubernetes
- Comfortable working with infrastructure as code tools, such as Terraform
- Ability to be on-call
- Experience with distributed application systems using HTTP, WebSockets, RPC, pub/sub at scale
- Practical AWS experience
- Knowledge of Grafana and Prometheus
- Comfortable with GitHub, Jira, Jenkins, CircleCI
We're looking for someone who wants to help us build the future of Mattermost and improve the way the world communicates. The right person in this role has the opportunity to have a huge impact on Mattermost the product, and its many users worldwide, but also on our open source community that has been key to Mattermost's success. If this sounds like you - please apply!
- Experience working in open source communities
Due to continuous growth, we are currently seeking a Principal Cloud Architect that will work closely with a team of Cloud Architects, Engineers, DevOps and Product teams. The successful candidate will be a key member of the Cloud Engineering team to ensure the success in designing, building and migrating applications, software and services on various cloud platforms including AWS, Azure, GCP, developing public, private and hybrid cloud solutions.
The ideal candidate will have a deep expertise in building enterprise-level computing solutions, architecture and transformation strategy with demonstrated experience with Cloud Computing Solutions such as Platform as a Service (PaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), using Infrastructure as Code (IAC) tools to automate solutions that are scalable, resilient, readily available and secure.
This position can be remote, with 5-25% travel or report to offices either in Englewood Cliffs, NJ or Universal City, CA
- Work directly with our client’s largest cloud users to define technical specifications based on business requirements and conceptual design
- Evaluate emerging technologies, services, and tools for multiple cloud vendors to help guide innovation, new capabilities, and create business case for technology solutions
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop a new state cloud architecture, supporting our client’s organizational mode, developing a platform roadmap to drive cloud/ technology discussions and facilitate decision making to translate into product roadmap and releases for target design
- Assist with the design and implementation of best governance practices for design, security, development, usability, cost control and forensics across multiple cloud providers for public, private and hybrid solutions
- Enable innovation with continuous deployment across multiple technology stacks using best practices for advanced Cloud Solutions
- Be a proponent for Open Source technologies, across tech stacks, demonstrating best practices for advanced cloud solutions
- Develop reference material on architecture, publish design patterns to present both internally and publicly to drive designs for consensus and approval, being able to translate easily from technical to non-technical language
- Participate in writing code and scripts to automate cloud solutions, also responding to code and architecture reviews
- Demonstrate ability to conceive, manage and complete project deliverables
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or another technical discipline; or equivalent work experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with experience in presenting
- Proven experience in working on multiple enterprise projects simultaneously while coordinating with the work of others
- Is self-directed and can effectively contribute with little supervision
- Hands-on experience working with JSON, Java, Python (Boto3), Node.js, Perl, Bash
- Experience participating on an agile team
- Hand on experience with research, analysis, data collection and presentation to various levels internally and external clients
- Hands on experience deploying production workloads that are reliable, scalable cloud applications
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA and REST), IaaS and PaaS (design and server infrastructure implementation)
- Experience with large-scale distributed infrastructure, including clustering, load balancing, distributed capacity management with an understanding of system testing
- Hands on experience in automating PaaS, IaC using Terraform, Git, Ansible playbooks, Chef/Puppet, Cloud Command Line Interfaces and Cloud Templating on various cloud platforms as well as automating testing and performance tools such as JMeter
- Strong technical expertise and troubleshooting skills for large-scale distributed computing systems and software
- Solid understanding of conceptual, logical and physical data modeling with tools and database design in complex, enterprise-level data environments proficiency in XML, JSON, and design of binary formats using NoSQL, NAS and object stores
- Strong understanding of Networking Protocols and Standards
- Strong understanding and experience with various security protocols for web and cloud technologies
SemanticBits is a leading company specializing in the design and development of digital health services, and the work we do is just as unique as the culture we’ve created. We develop cutting-edge solutions to complex problems for commercial, academic, and government organizations. The systems we develop are used in finding cures for deadly diseases, improving the quality of healthcare delivered to millions of people, and revolutionizing the healthcare industry on a nationwide scale. There is a meaningful connection between our work and the real people who benefit from it; and, as such, we create an environment in which new ideas and innovative strategies are encouraged. We are an established company with the mindset of a startup and we feel confident that we offer an employment experience unlike any other and that we set our employees up for professional success every day.
SemanticBits is seeking a DevOps Engineer to support the automation and deployment needs of highly scalable healthcare systems. You will work hand-in-hand with development teams to implement automation solutions using technologies like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Ansible, Jenkins, Kubernetes, ECS, and Terraform to automatically build, test, integrate, and deploy complex, modern systems. You will leverage the full power of the cloud to configure highly resilient and scalable applications that support zero downtime. This is a remote position.
Candidate must reside in the United States
Solid hands-on working experience with configuring and maintaining resources on AWS.
Hands-on understanding of Docker. Be able to write Dockerfiles. Experience with Docker Compose is a plus.
Familiar with at least one container orchestration platform. ECS or Kubernetes is preferred. Have an understanding and experience of both deploying and maintaining these systems.
Experience with production deployments using Jenkins. Familiarity with jenkinsfiles is a plus.
Strong knowledge of Terraform (preferred) and/or CloudFormation.
Knowledge of scripting or programming – Bash, Powershell, Python is a plus.
Knowledge of a configuration management tool, such as Ansible.
Deep, hands-on experience with Linux and administration.
Expertise with cloud security, understand the principle of least privilege. Be experienced with securing S3 buckets and IAM configurations. Understand security groups and access controls.
Experience with and a strong understanding of secret management along with the practice of good security hygiene.
Experience with Atlassian tooling such as Jira and Confluence preferred.
Understand how web applications work and the common tools around them.
Understand the 12 factor app.
Knowledge of networking fundamentals is appreciated.
Competitive base salary
Three weeks of PTO
Ten paid holiday days
Comprehensive health benefits (medical with HSA option, dental, and vision)
Professional development and training reimbursement
401k retirement plan with matching benefit
100% paid short-term and long-term disability
100% paid life insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Casual working environment
Flexible working hours
SemanticBits, LLC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are also a veteran-friendly employer.
Doximity is transforming the healthcare industry. Our mission is to help doctors be more productive, informed, and connected. As a software engineer, you'll work within cross-functional delivery teams alongside other engineers, designers, and product managers in building software to help improve healthcare.
Our team brings a diverse set of technical and cultural backgrounds and we like to think pragmatically in choosing the tools most appropriate for the job at hand.
- Here are some of the ways we bring value to doctors
- Our data engineering stack run on Python, MySQL, Spark, and Airflow
- Our production application stack is hosted on AWS and we deploy to production on average 50 times per day
- We have over 350 private repositories in Github containing our applications, forks of gems, our own internal gems, and open-source projects
- We have worked as a distributed team for a long time; we're currently about 65% distributed
- Find out more information on the Doximity engineering blog
- Our company core values
- Our recruiting process
- Our product development cycle
- Our on-boarding & mentorship process
Here's How You Will Make an Impact
- Improve the performance and scalability of services, optimize our REST and GraphQL APIs
- Address security concerns and proficiently maintain our application stack
- Troubleshoot issues across the whole stack, such as high-load, memory full, network issues and come up with temporary/long term solutions based on the root cause
- Hands-on maintenance on our Ruby on Rails and Go (Golang) applications
- Increase our automated test coverage and deployment infrastructure robustness
- Manage infrastructure using Chef and Terraform
- Active involvement in design, implementation, and maintenance of the development, staging, and production infrastructure and services your team is responsible for
- Create concise postmortems in the event of an outage
- Write and maintain run-books for other engineers to leverage
- Ensure proper security, monitoring, alerting, and reporting for the applications your team is responsible for
- Collaborate with other engineers to make sound infrastructure decisions, improve workflow, and deploy applications ready for production
- Monitor capacity, cost and plan for upgrades
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- You are a Ruby engineer at heart, very familiar and passionate about the Rails ecosystem
- You are knowledgeable of memory and CPU profiling tools to help adjust Ruby jobs and processes to use resources effectively
- You have experience working with Terraform and Chef (or similar tooling) either in a DevOps or product support capacity
- You have experience deploying, configuring, and maintaining NGINX
- You are proficient with Unix, AWS, and Git
- You are self-motivated and able to manage yourself and your own queue
- You are a problem solver with a passion for simple, clean, and maintainable solutions
- You agree that concise and effective written and verbal communication is a must for a successful team
- You are able to maintain a minimum of 5 hours overlap with 9:30 to 5:30 PM Pacific time
- You can dedicate about two weeks per year for travel to company events
Benefits & Perks
- Generous time off policy
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, vision, dental, Life/ADD, 401k, flex spending accounts, commuter benefits, equipment budget, and continuous education budget
- Pre-IPO stock incentives
- .. and much more! For a full list, see our career page
More info on Doximity
We’re thrilled to be named the Fastest Growing Company in the Bay Area, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies. Joining Doximity means being part of an incredibly talented and humble team. We work on amazing products that over 70% of US doctors (and over one million healthcare professionals) use to make their busy lives a little easier. We’re driven by the goal of improving inefficiencies in our $3.5 trillion U.S. healthcare system and love creating technology that has a real, meaningful impact on people’s lives. To learn more about our team, culture, and users, check out our careers page, company blog, and engineering blog. We’re growing steadily, and there’s plenty of opportunity for you to make an impact.
Doximity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Technologies we work withAbout the role
A note about on-callAbout you
- Ideally, we are looking to add a team member in the North or South American timezones.
- You became an engineer because you like building systems, tools or products that help people.
- You are proficient and comfortable in the AWS ecosystem.
- You have experience building continuous deployment and testing tools. (Docker, ECS, EKS, Kubernetes)
BenefitsPaid parental leave, including adoption - 12 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.401k with 1% match- via Betterment for Business (currently US only)Personal Development stipend - Up to $1,800 per year to improve your craftAbout UsWhy Help Scout?Our commitment to you
- You design and build systems that work well and fail gracefully.
Rainforest QA is an on-demand QA solution. It’s our mission to enable development teams to deliver bug-free software while moving at the speed of continuous delivery. We are truly a global team, allowing us to bring together the best and most diverse talent. Our commitment to the distributed team model and to our company values has earned us multiple culture and workplace awards and helped us build a diverse team of individuals working toward the same goal: change the way QA is done.DevOps EngineerAs a DevOps Engineer at Rainforest QA you'll be part of an experienced and diverse team with members all over the world.We were built as a distributed team from the beginning and we've committed to implementing tools and processes that allow for and support continuous and effective communication across the world.What you'll do
- Rainforest QA automatically runs hundreds of thousands of tests each day for our clients and each test is run in a dedicated, newly provisioned virtual machine (VM) to guarantee a reliable and repeatable testing environment. You will be working to improve how we create, manage, and deploy these VMs.
- Work with our customer facing teams to triage, troubleshoot, and fix bugs
- Help other team members to achieve their goals
What we’re looking for
- Continuously learn about new technologies and ways to solve problems
- 3 years of Linux system administration with experience in running VMs on Linux
- Experience of Jenkins
- Experience of using Git
- Can script in shell and Ruby, Perl, or Python
- Ubuntu Linux system configuration and maintenance
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
- An ownership mindset: you should look not only at what you’re asked to do, but ask why you’re doing it and how it impacts on the rest of the product, our customers, and whether it makes sense. We expect you to be responsible for your work and to resolve any bugs you might ship
- Excitement to learn: this position is mainly focused on creating new and maintaining existing Virtual Machines;we expect you to learn, use, and develop DevOp tools - and to play an active role in suggesting alternatives
- Excellent communication skills and able to give and receive constructive feedback
- Happy to review code and have your code reviewed
- Can work effectively remotely with remote team members(we are a fully distributed company)
About our stack
- Comfortable working in a large codebase with many stakeholders
- We work with Agile methodologies
- AWS / Google Cloud Platform / GKE
Identify with our company values
- No BS, No Ego: We are radically candid with each other in every interaction. This means a lack of politics, a lack of showboating, a lack of BS. This also means brevity, clarity of thought, and clarity of communication. We give and take feedback without ego, with the knowledge that we all are operating with good intent. No ego is the check system to balance no BS and keep it kind. No ad-hominem attacks.
- 1% better every day: Continuous improvement is what motivates us. We design our product, our organization and our careers to be continually improving. Mistakes are only bad if they are repeated. Experiments are only wasted if they are not learned from.
How we'll reward you
- Own the journey: We are all owners. We demand that of each other. The journey we own is threefold: our customers’ journey, our company’s journey and our personal journey. Our reason for existence is to nail our customer journey, so that we can scale our company’s success.
- Flexible, remote work options
- Generous vacation time
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Professional development, career coaching, and conference attendance
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSIONAt Rainforest QA we believe that diverse teams improve our business. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- 3 offsites per year: every ~4 months we arrange an offsite for the whole company to get together so we can get to know our colleagues better and understand what we need to do. The location is ever changing, so you will get to see some new places!
We are trusted advisors to the world's leading businesses, governments, and organizations — helping to secure their commerce, data, IT infrastructure, and intellectual property. From critical infrastructure to credit cards; social media to mobile games; flight navigation systems to frozen waffle factories — we’re right there, advising every bit of the way.
We’re hiring a DevOps Engineer to join and advance our engineering team.Who You Are and What You’ll Do
You are a DevOps professional seeking a new role – one with ample opportunity. You are more than ready to take a new mission and run with it. And in the case of Bishop Fox, that mission will be to relentlessly design, automate, enhance, and ultimately maintain one of our most important infrastructures. This, in turn, will improve reliability and performance while maximizing developer velocity and quality of life.
At Bishop Fox, your success will be measured by the following outcomes:
- Designing and developing infrastructure via automation tools to host our core product
- Creating and maintaining continuous delivery tools to enable developers
- Maintaining and ensuring product services health through instrumentation, monitoring, failover, and alerting systems
- Automating and verifying capacity needs are met as demanded for product services
- Routinely perform analysis of deployed services to identify outages and service degradations
- Triaging, resolving, and communicating outages and unscheduled downtime
- Terraform a must
- Golang or Python or Node.js pluses
- AWS plus
- Docker plus
- PostgreSQL plus
In your first six months, you will have mastered the following:
- Building a fully functional delivery pipeline
- Integrating monitoring and alerting systems
- Performing critical infrastructure upgrades
- Developing an operational dashboard to better system instrumentation
- Scaling existing systems in accordance with use
- Ensuring service uptime
- Communicating issues to stakeholders
We pride ourselves on our culture at Bishop Fox. You will be surrounded by some of the most brilliant minds in the cybersecurity industry; working here will continually push you to be better each day. Not only that – we all work hard, but we know when to take a step back. We value our time and our well-being, and we look out for each other. Everyone here plays a role in our success.Why Bishop Fox
Bishop Fox offers competitive salary, generous benefits, flexible schedules, and travel. If you’re looking for opportunities to grow professionally, this is the place. You’ll work alongside some of the most talented and experienced security consultants in the industry.
We have a casual workplace environment, but we‘re consummate professionals.Your Experience
The following is a list of skills you will have in your repertoire. If you have most of these, we’d like to speak to you.
- Experience in object-oriented languages
- Golang would be a plus
- Knowledge of relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, mssql)
- Previous experience in developing or software engineering
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) experience
- An interest in cybersecurity would be ideal
- A degree is nice to have, but by no means a necessity
- Emotional intelligence + ego-less intelligence
- Flexibility; you adapt to dynamic environments well
- Autonomy – you work well on your own
- Demonstrable proof of your work (a GitHub or GitLab link, a portfolio, or other selected samples)
This position will be fully remote.
Interested candidates should submit a link to their portfolio of recent relevant work in addition to their resume and cover letter. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
At Rollbar, our mission is to help developers build software quickly and painlessly. We are a ~40-person team based in San Francisco, Barcelona, and Budapest. Over 100,000 developers use our product to power all kinds of applications that affect people’s lives and livelihoods. Rollbar is used by some of the best engineering teams in the world, including Twilio, Salesforce, Geico, Zendesk, JP Morgan Chase and Twitch.
We are looking for an experienced Backend Engineer to join our Scale team to not only help build and run our systems and services, but help define backend engineering at Rollbar.
Our tech stack:
React, Webpack, Sass
Python, Node.js, Scala
MySQL, Elasticsearch, Redis, Memcache, Spark
Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Terraform, Ansible, Consul, CircleCI, Rollbar
Work with other engineers to design and build highly available and scalable systems
Measure and monitor system performance, availability, and reliability
Implement performance improvements to our processing pipeline
Be in the on-call rotation and the first line of defense for major infrastructure issues
Help improve the tools we use to build and run Rollbar
5+ years experience in a software engineering or SRE role
Experience building and scaling real-time streaming data pipelines
Experience operating services running on cloud providers like AWS or GCP
Attention to detail and a methodical approach - ensuring things rarely fall through the cracks
BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Benefits and perks
Rapid career growth opportunities
Competitive salary and stock options
Medical, dental and vision health benefits
Parental leave: 12 weeks
Generous hardware and software allowance
Casual work environment
Inclusive team-oriented culture
Have fun and make an impact
We at Redox understand that we are all patients at some point, so our mission is to make healthcare data useful and every patient experience better. Our values represent the basis of our culture of trust, transparency, and personal growth, and define how we want to interact with each other and the world.
Redox’s full-service integration platform accelerates the development and distribution of healthcare software solutions by securely and efficiently exchanging healthcare data. With just one connection, data can be transmitted across a growing network of more than 500 healthcare delivery organizations and more than 200 independent software vendors. Members of the Redox Network exchange more than seven million patient records per day, leveraging a single data standard compatible with more than 40 electronic health record systems. We are on a path to double our number of client connections over the next year and need to build infrastructure that scales accordingly.
Redox’s Infrastructure Engineering team builds and manages the AWS cloud platform that provides a safe, reliable, and flexible foundation for Redox’s products and our growing customer base. In production, we run nearly 1000 docker containers, have 20Tb of relational data, 8Tb of ES data, 6Tb of Kafka data, and handle about 400 client-controlled VPN connections. Expertise on the team includes:
- Data technologies: RDS (Postgres, MySQL), Kafka, Redis, ElastiCache, Elasticsearch
- Deployment automation for EC2, S3, RDS, VPCs, IAM, Terraform, CloudFormation, Kubernetes, Rancher, infrastructure as code in Python
- Logging, metrics, monitoring, and alerting: Sumologic, Telegraf, Statsd, InfluxDB, Grafana, Icinga, Pagerduty
- Networking/VPN: LibreSwan, IPtables, IPSec
- Linux system tuning and debugging
Your Opportunities and Impact
As a senior member of the Infrastructure Engineering team, you’ll play a key role in ensuring that our product engineers are empowered and effective by providing design and debugging expertise, technical leadership and mentorship, and tools for deployment automation. You’ll work closely with members of our Product and Security teams to understand their needs and translate them into well-scoped, actionable projects and tasks. In this role, you will:
- Lead from a technical, architectural, and project perspective, shepherding technical decisions from inception to completion.
- Evaluate our existing systems, inform stakeholders of emerging technologies and industry changes, and choose tools and develop software that follows industry best practices.
- Design, implement, and debug robust, secure, scalable, abstracted systems that allow us to rapidly iterate on and scale our systems with the needs of our customers.
- Ensure that our infrastructure deployments are automated, frequent, secure, and without noticeable user impact.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to other team members in your areas of expertise.
- Support the infrastructure for our existing test and production environments and participate in an on-call rotation to assist other engineers in resolving production related issues regarding monitoring, databases, container orchestration services, load balancing, networking, etc.
- Identify and collect metrics that allow us to pinpoint areas for improvement and measure change.
At Redox we hire based on our values as well as technical competency. How you accomplish your work is just as important as getting the work done. We’re looking for people who are:
- Passionate about solving complex problems that improve the state of the world.
- Enthusiastic about creating an elegant and delightful user experience.
- Intellectually curious with a desire to learn.
- Respectful and inclusive, soliciting and incorporating input from others.
- Biased towards action and creating positive impact.
The particular technical focus we’re searching for in this role is around deployment automation, monitoring, and Linux debugging skills. Your work experience should include:
- Deploying and managing large-scale production containers using Terraform and Kubernetes.
- Expertise in securing AWS services in regulated environments.
- Detailed Linux debugging knowledge.
- Familiarity configuring and using metrics and monitoring tooling.
- Familiarity with a high-level scripting language like Python.
Any other areas of overlap between your work experience and the Infrastructure team’s areas of expertise are added bonuses. Please apply even if you are not sure you meet all these criteria. If you are interested in the role and think you could be a fit, we'd like to hear from you.
At HashiCorp, we operate according to a strong set of company principles, many of which are described in The Tao of HashiCorp. We value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team, and this role is no exception. We are looking for a Full-time Remote Employee within the US or Canada. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.Our Products
We build Consul, Nomad, Vault, Terraform, Packer, and Vagrant. Alongside of that, we deploy enterprise products for each in a variety of different ways: licensed and unlicensed binaries, appliances to public cloud platforms, and hosted SaaS platforms. Our products help organizations of all sizes run any infrastructure for any application.
At HashiCorp, we value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
The Cloud Services team is an organization focused on delivering Hashicorp’s software as a Cloud service. This effort will enable a distribution model wherein customers can use a fully managed service with an API contract.
In your cover letter, please describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular! Specifics of your past experiences that are relevant to this role are great to include, too.In this role, you can expect to:
You may be a good fit if:
- Design, implement, and maintain a secure and scalable infrastructure platform for delivering Cloud Services’ applications
- Own and ensure that internal and external SLA’s meet and exceed expectations, System centric KPIs are continuously monitored and improved
- Create tools for automating deployment, monitoring and operations of the overall platform
- Participate in on-call rotation to provide application support, incident management, and troubleshooting
- Provide ongoing maintenance and support of internal tools, improve system health and reliability
- Program mostly in Golang, learning from and contributing to a team committed to continually improving their skills
- Familiarity with infrastructure management and operations lifecycle concepts and ecosystem
- Experience operating and maintaining production systems in a Linux and public cloud environment
- You have prior experience working in high performance or distributed systems; while we strive to hire at a variety of experience levels, this particular opening is not well-suited for recent graduates
- Working knowledge of industry best practices with regard to information security
- You have built or operated a large scale Cloud service
- Comfortable with Go or another low-level programming language
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Support Engineer – Terraform Enterprise
HashiCorp is looking for a high-caliber customer facing engineering professional to join its Support Engineering team. This is a phenomenal opportunity to join a small team and have a direct impact on HashiCorp’s fast growing business. This highly visible position will be an integral part of both the Support Engineering and Terraform teams. You are a fit if you thrive in a fast-paced culture that values essential communication, collaboration, and results. You are a self-motivated, detail-oriented individual with an eye for automation, process improvement, and problem solving.
Collaborating with the Support Engineering Manager, you will be a key member of the Customer Success organization and will directly impact customer satisfaction and success. The Support engineer will triage incoming issues related to Terraform Enterprise and independently work to find viable solutions. You will contribute to product growth and development via weekly product and marketing meetings. You will attend customer and prospect meetings as needed to help debug or install the product and is expected to be a liaison between the customer and HashiCorp engineering. When possible, the Support Engineer will update and improve product documentation, guide feature development, and implement bug fixes based on customer feedback.
- Triage and solve incoming support requests via Zendesk within SLA
- Document and record all activity and communication with customers in accordance to both internal and external security standards
- Reproduce and debug customer issues by using or building existing tooling or configuration
- Attend weekly product engineering meetings to discuss issues pertinent to support
- Collaborate with engineers, sales engineers, sales representatives, and technical account managers to schedule, coordinate, and lead customer installs or debugging calls
- Contribute to product documentation, customer knowledge base, and best practices guides
- Continuously improve process and tools for normal, repetitive support tasks
- Periodic 24/7 on-call rotation
30 days: you should be able to -
- Holistic understanding of (P)TFE and the interaction with the TF ecosystem
- Successfully perform all common work flows within Terraform Enterprise
- One contribution to extend or improve product documentation or install guides
- Ability to answer Level 1 support inquiries with minimal assistance
60 days: you should be able to -
- Effectively triage and respond to Level 1 & 2 inquiries independently
- Provision and bootstrap (P)TFE instance with low-touch from engineering
- Ride along on 1-2 live customer install calls
- Locate and unpack the customer log files. Familiarity with its contents
- Effectively search for prior similar issues within ticketing system and the knowledge base
- Author one customer knowledge base article from area of subject matter expertise
90 days: you should be able to -
- Effectively triage and respond to a production down issue with minimal assistance
- Run point on a live customer install without assistance
- Independently find points of error and identify root cause in the customer log files and report relevant details to engineering
- Implement small bug fixes or feature improvements
- Read all incoming RFCs and PRDs from Engineering
- Collaborate or comment on Engineering RFCs and PRDs
- 3+ years Support Engineering, Software Engineering, or System Administration experience
- At least 2 years in a customer facing role
- Expertise in Open Source and SaaS is a major advantage
- Excellent presence; strong written and verbal communication skills
- Upbeat, passionate, and unparalleled customer focus
- Well-organized, has excellent work ethic, pays attention to detail, and self-starting
- Experience managing and influencing change in organizations
- Strong project management skills
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails, Ember.js, Bash, or Go
- Interest in cloud adoption and technology at scale
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, Technical Writing, or equivalent professional experience
About HashiCorp and this opportunity
This is a full-time position with a highly competitive compensation and benefits package. You will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic and ambitious team. HashiCorp is a series C start-up in San Francisco that is best known for creating a suite of software tools that help enterprise companies automate their infrastructure and helps them migrate to the cloud. HashiCorp’s software suite allows users to provision, secure and run any infrastructure for any application.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
HashiCorp is at the epicenter of the cloud adoption wave, helping shape how the world’s largest enterprises are running their IT infrastructure. We provide many of the most innovative companies with the infrastructure automation tools. All our foundational technologies are open source and developed openly. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
As a Product Designer working on Terraform, you’ll collaborate deeply with product management, engineering, as well as your follow designers. You'll combine research and ideation to provide our users with effective solutions to complex challenges. You should be a self-starter who thinks clearly, articulates design decisions effectively, and values execution.
HashiCorp Design, as well as the other cross-functional teams you'll work with, is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.You will:
You may be a good fit for our team if you:
- Collaborate early and often with engineers and product managers
- Lead design projects and present your work to stakeholders and customers
- Deliver user-centered design (including user flows, wireframes, and prototypes) informed by user and market research
- Distill complicated problems and complex data models into highly usable and efficient UI experiences
- Collaborate with other designers to build and maintain a shared design language
As a bonus, you may additionally:
- Have a minimum 4 years of relevant experience
- Have experience designing B2B tools
- Employ a process and have a portfolio that demonstrates this fact in both design and writing
- Clearly articulate design decisions and rationale through excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Work iteratively driven by feedback loops and critique
- Think in systems and patterns
- Thrive in a highly technical space
- Have a positive attitude, an open mind, and a desire to collaborate and learn
- Be familiar with infrastructure management concepts
- Understand, and have even implemented, designs in code
- Use the latest prototyping tools to make your work come to life
HashiCorp is at the epicenter of the cloud adoption wave, helping shape how the world’s largest enterprises are running their IT infrastructure. We provide many of the most innovative companies with infrastructure automation solutions. Our product suite (Terraform, Vault, Consul, and Nomad) provides a consistent approach to provision, secure, connect, and run any infrastructure for any application. We're designing and building the future of infrastructure tooling. That's where you come in: we're looking for experienced product design leaders to join our rapidly growing team.
As a Product Design Manager, you will lead a team of designers, providing direction and guidance, defining best practices for the design process and partnership cross-functionally. You're someone with a strong design background, with an exceptional portfolio highlighting outcomes, who's moved into management to help other designers, providing mentorship and career development, ultimately creating a space for them to do their best work with their product teams.
Our design team, as well as the other cross-functional teams you'll work with, are largely remote. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.In this role, you can expect to:
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- Hire, manage, mentor and inspire a team of product designers
- Lead your team effectively, providing design direction and pushing the quality of the work
- Focus the team, and company, on the user, making sure we're solving the right problems with the best solutions
- Partner closely with Product and Engineering to define requirements, and successfully execute
- Collaborate with the Design and HashiCorp leadership to set vision and strategy for key design objectives
- Be the first manager on the Product Design team reporting to the Director of Product Design
- Contribute to our growing design team and design culture at HashiCorp
- A minimum of 3 years managing a group of designers
- Experience managing a remote distributed team of reasonable size
- Have a passion for scaling design within an organization and hiring talented designers
- Are a manager who leads by example, through their experience in the design practice, and can help solve challenging problems in a complex space
- Experience designing enterprise SaaS products
- Phenomenal communication skills for working across the organization, capable of building strong relationships with peers and leadership
- Experience helping teams navigate ambiguity, strategically plan, and deliver
- The ability to work well in an ego-free, highly collaborative, and cross-functional team
- A dedication to modeling and supporting a positive and healthy work life balance
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.About the Role
Hashicorp is a multi-cloud company that believes in beautiful, simple developer tooling for infrastructure operations. Terraform exemplifies this via Providers, in some ways Terraform is its provider ecosystem as they are such an integral part of using the product. The Provider Ecosystem group is responsible for maintaining and growing the number of providers available to our users as well as making sure the development and on-boarding experience is great.
The group works with our major cloud partners to ensure a high bar of quality and coverage across some of our most popular providers. Within this group we have engineers focused on provider approach to Kubernetes and VMware. These represent some of our most important resources for on-premise or private datacenter provisioning workflows.In this role you can expect to:
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- Conduct detailed interviews and research with users to understand their problems more deeply.
- Write PRDs (Product Requirements Document) that explain and detail problems aggregated from our customers.
- Prioritize customer, community and internal feature requests for the team to work on.
- Own and define the roadmap and strategy for VMware and Kubernetes with Terraform.
- Craft the product story by understanding the ecosystem landscape and HashiCorp principles
- 2+ years in product management or have a technical background in infrastructure or DevOps.
- Significant experience with devops tooling, or infrastructure-as-a-service.
- Strong technical skills or knowledge.
- Articulate and effective communication skills, both in writing and verbally.
- Analytical with the ability to prioritize and make tradeoffs
- Collaboration: Ability to work in a team setting with many different functional roles and priorities
- Curiosity: Interested in determining how things work at their core, always taking the step further to learn more
- Care: Take ownership over their work, will make sure what is shipped is high quality
- First principles thinking
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-EC1
About UsAt GovPredict, we build products that make government more transparent and politics more efficient. Our clients count on our product to deliver timely information about political activity and manage their advocates to win their public affairs campaigns.
GovPredict's intelligence platform gives public affairs and political professionals access to millions of structured documents that concern federal, state, and local politics. An integrated grassroots platform supports advocacy campaigns to influence legislative and regulatory proposals. Our campaign contributions database is the largest in the world.
Our clients span many categories: associations like the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) and the Farm Credit Council, Fortune 500 companies like Fox Corporation, educational institutions like the University of Pennsylvania, and various political campaigns, parties, & Congressional offices from both sides of the aisle.
GovPredict is headquartered in Washington, DC. We also have offices in Chisinau, Moldova and Belo Horizonte, Brazil. We're growing fast and backed by Y Combinator and Joe Lonsdale, among others. Our friendly and hard-working team hopes to welcome you onboard!Our Tech StackRuby on Rails, ReactJS, React Native, Python scrapers, Postgres, Mongo, Redis, Elastic Search, AWS, RabbitMQ, Terraform, and Ansible.Responsibilities
- Take ownership over multiple products within the GovPredict suite to improve customer satisfaction and grow revenue
- Own product development work of approximately 10 software engineers across two engineering teams
- Work cross-functionally with sales and customer success to ensure new business and customer happiness
- Deeply understand customer use cases and pain points
- Collaborate with business development, design, marketing, and other GP teams
- Identify new product opportunities and work together with engineering and design teams to see them through
- Build web and mobile products for public affairs teams
- A bachelor's degree
- 3+ years experience as a product manager of a SaaS product
- Experience shipping complex software to real users
- Has worked closely with software engineers to deliver products
- Can formulate a product vision and can prioritize tasks to achieve it
- Power user of JIRA or a similar tool
- Embraces process and can identify ways to improve our processes
- Permanent US work authorization
- Required: USA-based and willing to travel to Washington, DC on occasion
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,700 employees, sold over 90mm devices, and built a health and wellness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto and back again! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, a wellness stipend, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego, Salt Lake City and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
Fitbit is an engineering driven company with a focus on providing a great, consistent, and continuously available user experience. Our customers are uploading their tracking data and viewing their stats all the time, so site performance is critical to customer satisfaction. We're looking for someone to join our Infrastructure Engineering organization to help us build new services and evolve our existing platform.
You'll work on challenging technical problems that support hundreds of engineers and hundreds of millions of Fitbit's customers. You'll develop and design software automation and tooling to drive efficiencies and help us scale core infrastructure that our key services are built upon.
What You'll Work With:
Our tooling for Infrastructure Engineering is largely written in Python and Go. However, there are some opportunities to work with Java if you're collaborating outside of the team.
On a daily basis, this team is building tools and supporting infrastructure with: Terraform, Vault, Docker, Kubernetes, Aurora/Mesos, and Prometheus.
An excellent candidate will demonstrate existing knowledge in a number of the tools we use as well as an ability to both teach others and learn new skills.
It Would Be Great if You Have:
Significant experience (4+ years) in working with scalable public clouds like AWS or GCP.
Proficiency in programming and testing Go or Python.
Strong understanding of Linux systems and containers.
Previous experience in Kubernetes, Aurora/Mesos, Terraform, Bazel, or Vault.
An understanding of security principles and ability to work with InfoSec to address vulnerabilities and collaborate on future changes.
Demonstrated skill in automating operational needs and developing tools at scale.
A history of thorough documentation.
The ability to coordinate and communicate effectively whether it's emails, documentation, or video conferencing.
Worked with remote teams before.
Self-motivated and driven to succeed.
Exceptional communication and organization skills.
Your code is easily readable, but also can operate reliably.
Proficient at learning new tools/systems and sharing that knowledge within the team
Genuine curiosity and love for your craft.
Willingness to travel to occasionally and effectively communicate with internal teams.
Able to summarize information at varied granularity based on the intended audience.
Skilled at planning and executing simultaneous projects and activities. Ability to prioritize and keep complicated projects moving forward.
Able to build prototypes for new systems and vet their operation
History of relevant open source contributions is a plus.
Thrive in an evolving operational environment, responding to occasional unexpected production level issues.
Do this sound like you? Unsure about some of the qualifications? We'd still love to hear from you.
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
IDx Technologies Inc. (Central Time +/- 4 hours)
What we are looking for:
The Senior DevOps Engineer is a high-impact role where you will work closely with the software engineering teams to help them deploy critical software to AWS. This position will have significant impact on building out our growing infrastructure, implementing infrastructure-as-code with Pulumi, and leveraging Kubernetes for orchestration of Docker containers.
A passion for data security is key as you will be frequently dealing with patient data that falls under HIPAA regulations. Your desire and ability to collaborate, mentor, and learn is critical to your success at IDx. You must have a demonstrable enthusiasm for good DevOps practices and an irresistible urge to share them with others. You are someone who identifies issues early and brings them to the table along with multiple solutions. You believe that continuous improvement is key to the difference between good and great and can inspire others to follow your example. You love learning and teaching and find satisfaction in multiplying the effectiveness of those around you.
To be successful in this role you must be able to:
- Apply best practices and help others understand their importance.
- Effectively document the architecture, design and functionality of implementations.
- Have awareness of new trends, technologies, and tools and understand when to apply them.
- Communicate complicated technical concepts to diverse audiences.
- Make others better through documentation, technical guidance, and mentoring.
- Strong analytical skills with great verbal and written communication.
- Experience architecting, designing, implementing, and deploying complex solutions.
- Experience with both Linux and Windows.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- At least 5 years’ DevOps experience.
- 3+ years’ experience building "Infrastructure as Code" with a strong understanding of Amazon Web Services (AWS) Experience making decisions that balance the tradeoffs between technical and business needs.
- Applicants must not now or in the future need IDx to sponsor an immigration case for employment (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration cases).
What will help you in this role:
- Experience delivering highly secure and efficient solutions within comprehensive compliance regulations.
- AWS Certified Security Specialty.
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools such as Pulumi or Terraform.
- Experience working with data in a HIPAA compliant environment.
- Knowledge of or interest in the medical device software development industry.
- Experience working in an ISO- or FDA-regulated environment, or another highly regulated environment (FAA, etc.) and working with Quality Management Systems.
IDx is a challenging and rewarding environment that provides amazing opportunities to:
- Work on unique opportunities that will be hard to find at other companies.
- Work on the first ever autonomous AI system cleared by the FDA to provide a diagnostic decision.
- Work with world-renowned doctors who are pushing the limits of machine learning in medicine.
- Tackle complex problems/projects with the highest levels of quality and execution for audiences that include top technologists, the FDA, and world-leading healthcare providers.
- Push the accessibility and quality of healthcare to new heights to improve the lives of millions of people.