Remote technical writing Jobs in February 2020
4 Remote technical writing Jobs in February 2020Post a job
Cloud Academy is the leading digital skills development platform that enables every enterprise to become a tech company through guided Learning Paths, Hands-on Labs, and Skill Assessment. Cloud Academy delivers role-specific training on the leading cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform), essential methodologies needed to operate on and between clouds (DevOps, security, containers), and capabilities that are unlocked by the cloud (big data, machine learning).
Companies like Turner, Cognizant, SAS, and ThermoFisher customize Cloud Academy to contextualize learning and leverage the platform to assign, manage, and measure cloud enablement at scale. Learn more at cloudacademy.com.
Our growing Content Team is now looking for a Labs Developer to create new Labs for our Labs Technology group. This role is a hybrid between a Content Creator and a Technical Writer and we are looking for someone with experience and passion in both.
The ideal person has an understanding of cloud technologies and is passionate to teach what they have learned to others. You will be working with a SaaS product on a team of 3 to 6 people to build online labs.
This position is 100% remote and will report to our Lead Labs Developer.
- Create fulfilling labs and lab challenges in one or more Cloud Academy library categories
- Write infrastructure as code templates to provision resources when labs start
- Secure lab environments by defining least privilege identity and access management policies
- Develop serverless functions to check the progress of users as they progress through labs and lab challenges
- Consistently deliver new labs on time
- Update labs in our library to ensure they are up-to-date and providing the best possible experience for our customers
- Work with the content team to integrate labs and lab challenges into learning paths
- Communicate feedback and ideas to software developers to continuously improve the lab platform
- At least 2 years experience in production environments and/or technical writing
- Able to independently transform a blueprint of a lab into an elegant learning experience for our end users
- Experienced with Amazon Web Services, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with implementing infrastructure as code (CloudFormation, ARM templates, Deployment Manager, or Terraform)
- Proficient with a programming or scripting language, such as Python, Node.js, PowerShell, and/or Bash
- Able to document in clear technical steps
- Work alongside software developers to provide constant feedback on new releases
- Extremely proficient in both written and spoken English
Additionally, the following will be viewed favorably:
- Experienced with automating, designing infrastructure, and developing new features to attract customers
- One or more public cloud vendor certifications
- Experienced with RESTful APIs,
- Familiarity with Git, Hyper-V, Docker, and/or Kubernetes
- Competitive salary with an annual bonus
- Budget for professional development
- 4 weeks paid vacation per year
- Great company culture and work environment
- Highly-skilled teammates and lots of opportunities for growth and development
You help make it simple and powerful for developers to embed secure, performant, private networking into Internet-distributed applications.
• Use NetFoundry software, SDKs and APIs to embed networking into applications. Publish your apps as open source and as NetFoundry reference applications (or submit pull requests when starting with open source apps). As you build your apps, determine what is needed to make the NetFoundry software even more simple to use, and more robust in functionality.
• Build support structures to help other developers including sandbox environments and quick start guides. As you support other developers, determine what is needed to make it simpler for those developers to meet their needs with better self-service type support and NetFoundry software improvements.
• Answer questions submitted by other developers in NetFoundry forums and third-party online forums. Ensure those answers are also added to NetFoundry support structures, while synthesizing and abstracting the questions into requirements to continually improve NetFoundry software.
• Organize developer workshops and meetups, and participate in third-party developer events, user groups and workshops, sharing your vision and expertise.
• Build relationships with NetFoundry ecosystem partners and their developer communities, and gather feedback to continually improve NetFoundry’s software.
• Create technical collateral to publish across multiple channels to inform and support developers.
Valuable skills and experience
• Recent software startup experience and 3+ years of overall software dev experience
• History of open source contributions and participation
• Strong interest in new technology and a history of new technology evangelism
• Desire and aptitude to help other developers design and develop solutions
• Technical writing expertise
• Ability to think out of the box and create from scratch.
Environment and Location
You will be working in a fast-paced environment as part of a small, agile team. You will need to wear multiple hats including helping with developer enablement, product development and technical writing.
You will have 10% to 40% work travel, depending on location. USA candidates will have the least travel.
Support Engineer – Terraform Enterprise
HashiCorp is looking for a high-caliber customer facing engineering professional to join its Support Engineering team. This is a phenomenal opportunity to join a small team and have a direct impact on HashiCorp’s fast growing business. This highly visible position will be an integral part of both the Support Engineering and Terraform teams. You are a fit if you thrive in a fast-paced culture that values essential communication, collaboration, and results. You are a self-motivated, detail-oriented individual with an eye for automation, process improvement, and problem solving.
Collaborating with the Support Engineering Manager, you will be a key member of the Customer Success organization and will directly impact customer satisfaction and success. The Support engineer will triage incoming issues related to Terraform Enterprise and independently work to find viable solutions. You will contribute to product growth and development via weekly product and marketing meetings. You will attend customer and prospect meetings as needed to help debug or install the product and is expected to be a liaison between the customer and HashiCorp engineering. When possible, the Support Engineer will update and improve product documentation, guide feature development, and implement bug fixes based on customer feedback.
- Triage and solve incoming support requests via Zendesk within SLA
- Document and record all activity and communication with customers in accordance to both internal and external security standards
- Reproduce and debug customer issues by using or building existing tooling or configuration
- Attend weekly product engineering meetings to discuss issues pertinent to support
- Collaborate with engineers, sales engineers, sales representatives, and technical account managers to schedule, coordinate, and lead customer installs or debugging calls
- Contribute to product documentation, customer knowledge base, and best practices guides
- Continuously improve process and tools for normal, repetitive support tasks
- Periodic 24/7 on-call rotation
30 days: you should be able to -
- Holistic understanding of (P)TFE and the interaction with the TF ecosystem
- Successfully perform all common work flows within Terraform Enterprise
- One contribution to extend or improve product documentation or install guides
- Ability to answer Level 1 support inquiries with minimal assistance
60 days: you should be able to -
- Effectively triage and respond to Level 1 & 2 inquiries independently
- Provision and bootstrap (P)TFE instance with low-touch from engineering
- Ride along on 1-2 live customer install calls
- Locate and unpack the customer log files. Familiarity with its contents
- Effectively search for prior similar issues within ticketing system and the knowledge base
- Author one customer knowledge base article from area of subject matter expertise
90 days: you should be able to -
- Effectively triage and respond to a production down issue with minimal assistance
- Run point on a live customer install without assistance
- Independently find points of error and identify root cause in the customer log files and report relevant details to engineering
- Implement small bug fixes or feature improvements
- Read all incoming RFCs and PRDs from Engineering
- Collaborate or comment on Engineering RFCs and PRDs
- 3+ years Support Engineering, Software Engineering, or System Administration experience
- At least 2 years in a customer facing role
- Expertise in Open Source and SaaS is a major advantage
- Excellent presence; strong written and verbal communication skills
- Upbeat, passionate, and unparalleled customer focus
- Well-organized, has excellent work ethic, pays attention to detail, and self-starting
- Experience managing and influencing change in organizations
- Strong project management skills
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails, Ember.js, Bash, or Go
- Interest in cloud adoption and technology at scale
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, Technical Writing, or equivalent professional experience
About HashiCorp and this opportunity
This is a full-time position with a highly competitive compensation and benefits package. You will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic and ambitious team. HashiCorp is a series C start-up in San Francisco that is best known for creating a suite of software tools that help enterprise companies automate their infrastructure and helps them migrate to the cloud. HashiCorp’s software suite allows users to provision, secure and run any infrastructure for any application.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
We’re looking to hire a Technical Writer to join our team working on PSPDFKit. Our framework is used in countless different settings, from meeting rooms to factory plants and airplanes, which brings unique challenges and requires great documentation and developer support.
You will gain a lot of experience working on and around a huge, interesting projects.
Write great documentation and improve existing one.
Write technical blog posts.
Write support answers.
Learn how a large project and codebase is organized.
Spend time to get things “right”, not to hack something up quick.
Collaborate daily with the whole team (Android, iOS, Core, Support, Backend, Design) using Slack, GitHub and Google Hangouts.
Our Ideal Candidate
Is located somewhere that’s 6 hours +/- of the UTC timezone.
Has good communication skills and understands the importance of team cohesion.
Is self-motivated and curious about new technologies.
Has a creative approach to problem solving.
Is interested in new challenges.
Has basic understanding about iOS, Android, Linux and Windows.
Has some experience in Objective-C, Swift, Java, Kotlin, C and/or C++.
Is rigorous, methodical and thorough.
Enjoys breaking things 😄
What You Get
Room for personal and professional development.
A motivated team and a thriving work culture.
Numerous planned company events throughout the year.
The freedom to set up your ideal work environment.
Flexible working hours and vacation policy.
You Should Include These In Your Application
A writeup explaining who you are as a programmer. Sample questions you might want to address: How’d you get started? What projects have you enjoyed working on? Which have you disliked? What motivates you? What surprising things have you learned about yourself since starting to program?
Links to online profiles you use (Github, Twitter, etc).
A description of your work history (whether as a resume, LinkedIn profile, or prose).
PSPDFKit is an equal opportunity employer with people from many different cultures and countries. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, skillsets, and perspectives, and to providing our employees with a work environment free of harassment.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other non-merit factor. We’d especially love to receive applications from individuals who are underrepresented in the tech industry.