Remote technical support Jobs in April 2020
13 Remote technical support Jobs in April 2020Post a job
🔥 NEW: -50% on Remotive Community Memberships during COVID 19.Remotive Slack Community
Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development.
Fastly’s customers’ use our edge cloud platform to ensure concertgoers can buy tickets to the live events they love, travellers can book flights seamlessly and embark on their next great adventure, and sports fans can stream events in real-time, across devices. They include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Spotify, Alaska Airlines, Hulu, The New York Times, and Ticketmaster.
We’re building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.Solutions Architect - Edge Cloud Security
The Fastly Team is looking for a unique Security Solutions Engineer. Fastly’s team is the connecting fabric between Product, Sales, and Client Services organizations. Fastly’s Security Solutions Engineer will have the opportunity to guide customers over their entire life-cycle from sales, implementation and expert level support to ensure customer success on the Fastly Platform.
What We're Looking For
- Support the Fastly Sales engagements where security requirements exist
- Bring technical expertise in security problems that web properties face and work independently and dynamically to create solutions that solve those problems for customers
- Implement and manage WAF deployment for the local customer base to ensure minimal false positives and maximum available protection for our customer’s Web Applications
- Build test configurations to demonstrate new products and features to individuals and groups
- Provide support to internal and external customers for products
- Train our internal and external customers on new products and features
- Contribute to documentation and articles for general customer education on security best practices and using the Fastly Platform to protect customer assets
- Attend appropriate stakeholder meetings and standups, gather and present feedback to various stakeholders
- 5+ years of broad solution experience with the CDN, cloud, or managed service provider
- 3+ years experience with HTTP request/response protocols and related troubleshooting tools and techniques (curl, dig, tcpdump, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with a variety of business and technical contacts including mid level managers
- Proven background in security models, solutions, and products
- Expert knowledge of DNS, routing, caching, WAF, DDoS, TLS, security service management
- Expert knowledge of internet protocols, website optimization and acceleration
- Referenceable communication and documentation experience
- Fundamental knowledge of information security standards, policies, controls, and regulations.
- Strong attention to detail
- Good written communication skills and experience, including writing technical documentation
- Comfort with networking equipment and protocols as well as Linux systems are essential
- Excellent collaboration skills with cross-functional organizations
- Advanced knowledge of enterprise software technology
- Superior listening skills, can swiftly identify complex problem relationships through listening and discovery directly with internal and external customers
- Open and receptive to new ideas and ways of doing things
What you might have
- Proficiency in written and verbal communication, in Spanish
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
We are looking for multi-talented Integration Engineer to join our team at Prominent Edge. This position requires someone that enjoys working with people, communicates well and has a passion for providing stellar IT Integration and Support Services. The successful candidate will have experience and a high degree of proficiency in Remote support and integration of a Technical nature. We are looking for someone that sees a Technical issue as a challenge, takes pride in their work, has excellent communication skills and truly enjoys working with people. In this exciting role, you will have the opportunity to blend your Software, Technical and troubleshooting abilities, your customer service skill and a passion for helping othersDuties and responsibilities:
- Support a wide variety of users Remotely.
- Debugging firewalls and Network security.
- Working with Windows environments, Windows Server, Active Directory and AWS.
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Kibana, SQL Server
- Scripting with Node or Python
- Verbal and written communication Excellence is required. Must be pragmatic, practical and efficient in providing solutions.
- Collaborate with management and stakeholders to recommend and implement approved IT solutions for clients and the internal system.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with clients through Video Call, phone, email and ticket system updates.
- Perform audits to improve internal It processes, and procedures as needed, and work on IT initiatives and projects.
- Work with and interface with, outside vendors maintain good relations and provide on-going documentation and updates.
- Participate in on-call and weekly shift rotations
- Typical work week will involve troubleshooting, implementation (scripting and working with databases), and working with customers to ensure technical problems are resolved to satisfaction
- Document issues and configuration changes through customer ticket and documentation database
- Provide on-going reports of support activity, trends and recommendations.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Experience with post-sales integration, technical support and demos is preferred.
- Kibana for demo’s with Kibana dashboards or similar tools
- Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism at all times. Must have the ability to explain data services, how to integrate various systems and interface with data services
- Extreme attention to detail and documentation
- Ability to explain complex functionality to internal and external clients
- Interpret and convey a thorough understanding of software and system requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Expert customer service skills
- Expert organizational skills and attention to detail
- Prior experience with firefighting, EMT, Technical Support, Solution Engineering and IT related Client Services, and integrations is a plus.
- Knowledge and proficiency with SQL (language)
- Experience working with various APIs
- Strong IT support skills, must have experience with IT Ticketing, tracking and documenting issues and their resolution.
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, SQL Server, Node and Python.
- Experience with basic scripting (SQL, Korn, Bash, Shell, CLI) to automate and accomplish tasks and troubleshoot issues as required.
- Experience with Software Quality Assurance, Software Testing and System testing
- Not only you get to join our team of awesome playful ninjas, we also have great benefits:
- Six weeks paid time off per year (PTO+Holidays).
- Six percent 401k matching, vested immediately.
- Free PPO/POS healthcare for the entire family.
- We pay you for every hour you work. Need something extra? Give yourself a raise by doing more hours when you can.
- Want to take time off without using vacation time? Shuffle your hours around in any pay period.
- Want a new MacBook Pro laptop? We'll get you one. If you like your MacBook Pro, we’ll buy you the new version whenever you want.
- Want some training or to travel to a conference that is relevant to your job? We offer that too!
- This organization participates in E-Verify.
This is a remote, day-shift, position open to candidates living in the Asia-Pacific region. Only candidates currently residing in time zones UTC+8 through UTC+12 will be considered.
As a Technical Support & Enablement Engineer, you’ll craft our customer experience. Pressable is looking to grow our diverse team of individuals with a background in WordPress, the technical knowledge for anything that comes their way, and the determination to get the job done. Our agents establish relationships with our customers by listening to their needs, understanding their problems, and providing tailored solutions.
Pressable is a new breed of technology company: one part WordPress managed hosting and another part services innovation. Both empower small agencies and giant clients to scale their business on the WordPress platform. Pressable’s platform enhances WordPress with developer tools, security, analytics, and world class support so that companies can build and deploy their digital experiences faster than ever.
Pressable is owned by Automattic, the brand behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, Crowdsignal, WordPress VIP and many others. Founded in 2010, Pressable follows Automattic’s distributed team model with employees all over the world. We engage the most brilliant minds regardless of location and give them the best resources to perform the finest work of their careers.YOUR DAY WILL INVOLVE:
BEING A TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER REQUIRES:
- Interacting with existing and potential customers by responding to WordPress and platform related inquiries through email-based tickets and live chats (10%).
- Writing and maintaining documentation, writing blog posts, and contributing to the community of WordPress support around the globe (50%).
- Deeply diving into WordPress issues for high-touch enterprise clients and agencies (40%).
- A solid foundation in WordPress, its inner workings, common issues, community, and proper use cases. You are well-versed in your craft.
- An eagerness to learn and the ability to adapt, allowing you to teach others. You are a lifelong learner.
- You are comfortable working with and solving problems with PHP.
- Excellent writing and communication skills with a passion for taking technical language and making it understandable.
- You are fluent and eloquent in written English.
- Advanced proficiency using the command line (Bash scripting a plus), WP-CLI, and an understanding of the domain name system (DNS), domain registration, and various email setups.
- A willingness to regularly assist with coverage gaps.
- Self-driven work ethic. You are a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through to completion.
This role can be part time or full time depending on the candidate, but will usually include Sundays. The hours will be business hours (approximately 8 a.m. until 5 p.m.) in the UTC +8/+9/+10/+11/+12 time zones.OUR BENEFITS
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION AT PRESSABLE
- Fully remote
- Unlimited PTO
- Home office benefit
- Technology benefit
- Coworking subsidy
Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at Pressable. We want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups, and we require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams.
We may invite applicants to complete a limited-time paid trial as part of the hiring process. A trial is a shared opportunity for our team and the applicant to get experience working together to see if we’re the right fit.What are you waiting for?
GitHub is changing the way the world builds software, and we want you to help build GitHub!
We’re looking for an experienced backend software engineer to join the GitHub Actions team. The GitHub Actions Platform team is responsible for the platform and the infrastructure that powers the Actions experience on GitHub. As a team we are building the future of code automation enabling our customers to innovate and collaborate on both their continuous integration / deployment scenarios as well as software development workflows. We are not only committed to delivering the best experience possible, but are committed to do that at a high scale. You can learn more about GitHub Actions here: https://github.com/features/actions.
In this role, you will be having the opportunity to work as an engineer with a distributed, diverse and passionate team delivering the platform and the infrastructure that millions of developers depend on. In this role also you will design, implement, rollout and support a highly performant, highly scalable and highly available infrastructure with your team and production managers.
- You will write, review and maintain code primarily in C#, dotnet core, Go or Ruby.
- You will collaborate closely with Product and Design teams to build new features
- You will evaluate and recommend solutions, and guide team decision making
- You will document the systems you help build
- You will coordinate with engineering and product leadership to define and prioritize projects that help us meet business objectives
- You will mentor, pair, and delegate work to encourage the professional and technical growth of those around you
- You will work with support to triage and debug technical support requests
- You will support a highly available service used by millions of users on a daily basis
- 5 or more years of experience developing production software using C/C++, C#, dotnet core, Ruby, Go or equivalent language
- Strong object-oriented design skills gained from at least 2 years of working with OOP languages and patterns
- Solid understanding of testing principles and high quality software
- Demonstrated design skills for large scale and highly available cloud services or distributed systems
- Familiarity with DevOps best practices such as understanding of continuous integration & deployment as well as the ability to gather, analyze, debug and fix problems that occur with live production systems
- Experience with SQL, general database knowledge.
- Understanding of production system monitoring & observability is necessary.
- Troubleshooting skills across network, application, caching, queuing, load-balancing, storage and distributed services layers.
- Excellent analytical skills as well as communication skills both verbal and written. We’re a distributed team so we’re extra mindful about communication.
- At least 1 year of remote work experience on a software team
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
We are 350+ employees from diverse backgrounds, that hail from more than 50 countries, and speak 15 languages. But, we all share one thing in common: we’re passionate about accelerating software innovation. Our vision is to put Nexus products at the center of every open source decision made by modern engineering organizations. We’re one of the fastest growing tech companies in America and have been named both a Deloitte Fast 500 and Inc. 5000 company three years in a row. We pride ourselves on being an open and supportive company, which is why we were named to Fast Company’s list of 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators in 2019. Learn more at www.sonatype.com.Are you interested in being part of a global Technical Support Engineering team that supports the innovation that drives open source development? Would you like to have the ability to solve customer issues without navigating multiple levels of internal bureaucracy? Would you like to work directly with product development teams and have a real impact on products used by millions of software engineers? If so, this role is for you.We are searching for another great Senior Technical Support Engineer to support our APAC customers. While this is a 100% remote role, we are looking for the Engineer to be based in New South Wales Australia.Our Support Engineers work with support and engineering team members to perform triage, the root cause analysis, debugging and troubleshooting of our product installations which are both cloud-based and on-premise. You will maintain our knowledge base of best practices, known issues, and solutions. Additionally, you will extend our support infrastructure by crafting and writing diagnostic tools and scripts. And, you will even write some code.While our Technical Support Engineers come from many different backgrounds, they have previous development and/or quality engineering experience. They thrive on the challenge of solving a variety of problems at the application, operating system, and network levels. While this is a very challenging role, there is a tremendous amount of satisfaction that comes from learning new tools and technologies. You are not going to get bored in this role!What We are Looking For
- Strong technical troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Deep understanding of operating systems (Linux, Windows, OSX, etc.).
- Knowledge of networking (Sockets, HTTP, LDAP, proxies/firewalls, SSL).
- Java thread and heap dump analysis ability.
What We Offer
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- The opportunity to be part of an incredible, high-growth company, working on a team of experienced colleagues
- Competitive salary package
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits including a stock option plan
- Business casual dress
- Flexible work schedules that ensure time for you to be you
- Our Engineering Teams work 100% remote from home based offices
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators
- Glassdoor ranking of 4.9
Sonatype is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know
- Come see why we've won all of these awards
Help build a world class machine learning deployment solution that solves real-industry problems at a massive scale
Join a remote-friendly company - work anywhere in the US or Canada including your sofa, the beach, or our Seattle waterfront office
Experience rapid growth in an AI startup, backed by industry leaders including Google’s AI fund
Algorithmia automates, optimizes, and accelerates every step of the journey to deploying of AI and ML at scale. We allow anyone to run models on a massively parallel infrastructure in minutes instead of months. In our cloud or your datacenter - all completely managed for maximum performance at minimum cost. Already trusted by over 90k developers and major enterprise customers, Algorithmia makes scalable Machine Learning fast, simple, and cost-effective for everyone.
Due to ongoing growth, we’re hiring a Machine Learning - Infrastructure Engineer to join the Machine Learning team. You’ll join a team of highly focused engineers developing for a platform that supports over 90k engineers and processes millions of AI and ML workloads. Our team has worked on building billion dollar products at Amazon, Danger, Microsoft, Socrata, and Paypal. We offer our engineers an unparalleled opportunity to learn, grow, and impact an enormous user community.
What does the Machine Learning team do?
The Machine Learning team is empathetic to our users. We build and deploy models, experience the whole Machine Learning lifecycle. We turn that experience into stories, content, demos, and perhaps most importantly, feedback into the product. We can split our responsibilities into three broad categories that contributes to the company's mission:
The ML team thinks about the best practices for machine learning systems, and tries to be on the forefront of thought leadership in our space. We produce blogs and technical demos. This isn’t limited just within the Algorithmia platform, but includes full pipelines demonstrating the end-to-end machine learning lifecycle. We keep an eye on newly released open-source models, and add them to the platform. However, this responsibility is secondary to the focus on how to do machine learning in production.
The ML team drives value to the company through what it brings to the product. Many features developed by the ML team is being used in customer demos. The team adds & maintains new programming languages & runtime environments for algorithms. We keep up with the developments in all major ML frameworks. We try out common ML workflows, and work with product to ensure the platform can support those integrations.
The ML team provides deep technical support at the algorithm/model level.
As a Machine Learning Engineer at Algorithmia, you will:
Write production-quality code that solves real world problems, in any of our supported algorithm development languages
Create blog posts, integrations & demos for end-to-end machine learning systems
Build & maintain build/runtime environments for all major machine learning frameworks: Tensorflow, PyTorch, MXNet, Caffe, AllenNLP, SpaCy, etc
Develop tools to use for Data Scientists from top Fortune 100 companies around the world
Work with a passionate, distributed team on the cutting edge of AI/ML infrastructure
Have a real career plan, with mentorship and fast-track opportunities to promotion, technical leadership, people management, or wherever your interests may be
Work anywhere in the US or Canada
And we might make the perfect match if you:
Are a skilled software engineer with experience in more than one programming language (such as Python, Java, Scala, etc.) and deep understanding of at least one (we do a lot of Python - and will be happy to teach you the other languages)
Have deep empathy for users, and understand that Algorithmia would not exist without them
Experience working on distributed systems, industry data science, any kind of public AI/ML projects, distributed or parallel computing, or the implementation of something cool on our AI marketplace (hint: free trial!)
Are current on the state-of-the-art in machine learning algorithms in the industry
Having practical experience or a degree (MS/PhD is a plus) in Computer Science including practical areas of Machine Intelligence (or Deep Learning), and excellent fundamentals in computer science, algorithms, and software design
As a Machine Learning - Infrastructure Engineer at Algorithmia you’ll join a passionate team that’s changing the way everyone uses AI and ML. You’ll solve real problems, make an impact, and work in a flexible environment that encourages you to follow your own interests as well. You’ll be welcomed into an intelligent, quirky, and diverse group and gain access to fantastic perks beyond just salary, equity, and insurance benefits - all from the comfort of your own sofa (or our dog-friendly office).
Algorithmia is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our core. We will never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status and encourage everyone to apply.
Are you an automation ninja? Can you replace people with scripts that you write? Does poorly engineered architecture give you nightmares?
If this describes you then please read on! Exodus uses multi-cloud hosted backend services, running numerous cryptocurrency coin nodes and services for our software, and we need ninjas to help us automate, monitor, maintain, and scale them.
What You Will Do
- Engineer architectures and automation for zero-downtime deployments.
- Use technologies like Terraform to manage infrastructure as code.
- Work with Kubernetes and Prometheus to scale and monitor micro-services.
- Use tools like Helm and GitlabCI to automate deployments.
- Work with our development teams to help them setup automation pipelines and solve problems.
- Collaborate with other DevOps engineers to make the best solution possible.
- Build geo-distributed infrastructure.
- Participate in on-call schedules and act in a server/technical support capacity to the team.
Who You Are
- You are based (or willing to work) in a timezone around Eastern Asia between UTC +8 (Malaysia) and UTC +11
- You have excellent references and a history of trust and established relationships in former careers.
- You have a long history and track record of DevOps that can be demonstrated via GitHub, blogs and/or in a technical interview process.
- You take initiative and don't wait for direction.
- You have a passion for cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and a demonstrated passion for solving problems.
- You don't care if the platform is Azure or AWS and are willing to work with either and have some experience with at least one.
- You are willing to be available regardless of when server issues occur.
What We Offer
- Freedom to work wherever you want
- Building the future. Cryptocurrencies lay the foundation of the internet of value, the next major wave in application technology and personal finance.
- Collaborative and feedback-driven culture.
- Opportunity to grow. The sky is the limit if you're hungry to succeed.
- Fair pay, no matter where you live.
- Competitive compensation package. (Including benefits for US employees only)
Our Hiring Process
At Exodus, we pride ourselves in hiring people from all around the world. We work with individuals from various backgrounds; some traditional and some a bit more unconventional.
Our hiring process focuses on 2 pillars.
- Efficiency. You can expect the process to take between one and two weeks. We know what it’s like to wait weeks for a recruiter to get back to you and want to be respectful of your time.
- Transparency. We anticipate you asking questions and will answer with as much transparency and respect to you as possible.
We are committed to shaping a better world and have built our team based on empathy, radical candor, initiative, and humility.
Overall, our goal is that you have a great candidate experience with us
BEE (https://beefree.io) - MailUp Group’s Business Unit that develops and markets a popular drag-&-drop email builder - is looking for a Customer Support Engineer to join the team in North America.
As a Customer Support Engineer, reporting directly to the Support & Community Manager of the business unit, your role will be to help in the adoption and use of BEE Plugin, the embeddable version of our email editor. Over 500 software companies around the world have already decided to license and embed BEE instead of developing their own drag-n-drop editor because by doing so they save time, money, and all the complexity of creating & managing a new product.
Your core responsibilities will be:
Assist prospects in the discovery of BEE Plugin features, at a technical level.
Help new customers in the implementation of the editor within their SaaS application.
Support existing customers when their support requests are escalated to you.
Help the development team by performing technical troubleshooting on those escalated tickets.
You will carry them out by:
Becoming an expert user of BEE Plugin, the embeddable version of the BEE editor.
Becoming very familiar with the sample code that prospects use to build Proof Of Concepts with BEE Plugin, and contribute to the code base, whenever able to do so.
Becoming intimately familiar with - and a contributor to - BEE Plugin technical documentation, which helps prospects understand the potential of the product & build prototypes with it, and helps customers implement the software in their SaaS applications.
Identifying and troubleshooting issues that prospects and new customers are reporting while integrating BEE Plugin, resolving as many as you can on your own, and escalating them when needed to the engineering team as bugs, or to the product team as product feedback.
Interact with prospects and customers remotely through a variety of channels used by the company, which include: phone calls, video calls, Slack chats, support tickets (Zendesk), threads in the Community portion of our Web site, questions posted to the technical documentation site, and more.
Collaborating with the Sales, Support, Development & Product teams to deliver a user experience to our prospects and customers that’s as seamless as possible.
Providing the product and engineering team with continuous feedback, which includes opening detailed bug reports in the bug tracking system (JIRA).
What we offer
BEE stands for "Best Email Editor" and that's the original, ambitious goal chosen for this project. Made with lots of passion between the United States and Italy, BEE is becoming a standard for digital content creation, starting with emails (“beautiful emails, fast”, is one of our tag lines). The editor is used by hundreds of thousands of people every month at beefree.io and embedded in over 600 SaaS applications.
When you join our company, you can expect:
Full time work in a fast growing, exciting project with worldwide recognition as a market-leader in our industry.
A dynamic team, geographically dispersed (Italy, USA), working with a startup mindset.
Flexibility: trust is one of our values and we strongly believe in results and in the continuous feedback culture.
Yearly team retreat, often in Italy (in 2019 the BEE team retreat was here).
Many opportunities for professional development through your daily exposure to marketing-leading products, and also through access to online training resources (free, unlimited course subscription to Udemy) and offline events (attendance to conferences, etc.).
Competitive salary plus incentive-based compensation.
Health insurance benefits;
401K plan with employer matching;
Commuter benefits, and many other benefits.
The legal name of the BEE business unit is MailUp, Inc., a Delaware corporation that is a wholly-owned subsidiary of MailUp SPA (MailUp Group’s head legal entity). MailUp, Inc. is headquartered in Oakland, California.
What we are looking for
Computer science degree or equivalent experience.
3+ years of experience as a full-stack Web developer.
2+ years of experience in a customer-facing technical role: technical support, product support, training, etc.
Outstanding communication skills: you love interacting with both customers & team members, in writing or in person/video call.
Outstanding writing skills: you enjoy explaining things to people in writing, providing examples, how-to’s, and ensuring that the message gets across.
Troubleshooting skills: you enjoy finding the cause behind a specific problem, explaining it to others, and working with others to help find a solution.
Organizational skills: you like working independently and are able to organize your activities without supervision.
Experience with customer support software like Zendesk is a plus.
Experience with B2B SaaS is a major plus.
Location & Travel
North America (US or Canada). We have an office in Oakland, CA, but you can work remotely as well.
If you work remotely, we may ask you to join us in Oakland (or another location) for in-person sessions from time to time.
Some travel may be required to help at our booth when we sponsor a conference.
Some travel will be required for our yearly team retreat. Between travel and meeting time, the retreat typically requires about a week of your time. We will provide ample notice so that you can plan for it.
Get to know us
We create open source software that puts users in control over their online browsing experience. Our desktop and mobile products, such as Adblock Plus, Adblock Browser and Flattr, help sustain and grow a fair, open web, because they give users control while providing user-friendly monetization. Our most popular product, Adblock Plus (ABP), is currently used on over 100 million devices.What you'll do
You will be a technical ambassador for Adblock Plus, supporting the functionality of ABP in your country for a better user experience. Utilizing your frontend software skills, you will support us remotely in our quest to make the internet free of annoying ads.How you'll do it
This is a long term, 20 hours per week commitment. An excellent opportunity for anyone looking to earn some extra cash, in their spare time, while providing their service for a worldwide beloved product. You will:
What you need to do it
- Troubleshoot issues reported by users
- Create, review and optimize our software for Spanish sites to support the local community
- Monitor and respond to questions in the user forum
It's great, but not required, if you have
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Knowledge of Spanish language
- Knowledge of Portuguese language
Our Snowplow Insights offering has grown significantly over the last year, and we now orchestrate and monitor the Snowplow event pipeline for nearly 200 customers, many of them processing billions of events per month. The support that we provide to our customers is a core part of the Snowplow Insights offering, and we strive to provide the best technical support of any analytics vendor.
We have implemented a full “follow the sun” support model at Snowplow, with our six Support Engineers working in six well-distributed time zones (East & West Coast US, Canada, Spain, Portugal, Russia). We are now looking to hire an additional Support Engineer in the UTC +7 to UTC +12 time zone range.
This is a Support Engineering role - not a Support Agent role. We are looking for candidates who can learn, troubleshoot and explain the many complex technical systems that make up the Snowplow offering. We expect you to have an analytical mind, a high level of customer empathy and an enthusiasm for improving processes and systems. Depending on where your passions lie, there is a path from Support Engineering at Snowplow into Customer Success, Implementation Services, Tech Ops or Engineering.
Responsibilities for our Support Engineer will include
- Handling customer tickets in Zendesk, resolving if possible or escalating further to our Customer Success, Implementation Services, Tech Ops, Engineering or Product teams.
- Handling Snowplow pipeline incidents in OpsGenie, communicating the failure to our customers and either resolving if possible, or working with the customer and/or Snowplow teams to resolve.
- Providing help to the open-source Snowplow community in our Discourse forums.
- Working with customers on regular support tasks including: upgrading their Snowplow pipelines; sharing security best practices; enabling new Snowplow features for their account.
- Creating playbooks, documentation and software to reduce your support workload even as we add more customers.
- Collaborating with Snowplow teams on bug fixes and new features for both our open source projects and our proprietary orchestration and monitoring technology.
- Constant awareness of open and ongoing issues and actively checking and updating open tickets.
Excellent customer support is at the core of Snowplow’s commercial offering. You will join the support rotation, and take on an agreed number of evening and weekend support hours (compensated both in money and time). While the ongoing Snowplow Insights support commitment is the first priority, our Support Engineers will regularly take full days to work on projects that are strategic for the Support team or wider company.
The environment you’ll be working in
Our company values are Transparency, Honesty, Ownership, Inclusivity, Empowerment, Customer-centricity, Growth and Technical Excellence. These aren’t just words we plucked out of thin air, we came up with them together as a company and are continually looking to find new ways to weave these into our day to day operations. From flexible hours and working locations to the way we give feedback, we’re passionate about building a company that supports both company and individual development.
We’d love to get to know you if:
Data or programming is your thing! This role would be a great fit for somebody who has completed an analytically rigorous degree or programming bootcamp, or has experience in programming, QA or other automation.
You enjoy helping people. You communicate with clarity and empathy.
New programming language? You’re on it! You have a broad technical curiosity and proven technical understanding.
Broader business challenges interest you. Snowplow customers are highly technology- and data-literate, and expect Snowplow Insights support to be responsive, well-informed and always mindful of their business goals.
I have an idea! You have a passion for problem solving.
Can we automate? Yes, we can. You will be constantly working with customers and internal Snowplow teams to solve Snowplow Insights problems in as effective, time-efficient and repeatable way as possible - you must love troubleshooting.
Process makes perfect. You have a mature attitude to security, documentation and process.
Reliability is key. Snowplow Insights customers trust us with their event pipelines and AWS and GCP accounts - this is a huge responsibility and informs everything we do.
What you’ll get in return
A competitive package, including share options
25 days of holiday a year (plus bank holidays)
MacBook or Dell XPS 13/15
Freedom to work wherever suits you best
Two fantastic company Away Weeks in a different European city each year (the last one was in Bratislava in November!)
Work alongside a supportive and talented team with the opportunity to work on cutting edge technology and challenging problems
Grow and develop in a fast-moving, collaborative organisation
Convenient location in central London (Shoreditch)
Continuous supply of Pact coffee and healthy snacks in the office when you’re here!
The Customer Success Engineer is responsible for providing expert technical support and guidance to customers during implementation and throughout the customer lifecycle ensuring success.
Customer Success Engineers are expected to be fluent in the technology and tools used by the Kuali Research product team - Node.js, Java, React, Web Services (REST and SOAP) - and have a love for process improvements and automation.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Kuali builds higher ed solutions in a competitive space where users are just waiting to be delighted.
Why join us? Our work matters — we’re helping our customers improve the quality of higher education by decreasing administrative costs. We compete in a competitive space where users are saddled with outdated, inefficient, legacy ERPs and eager to be delighted. We’re generating revenue and growing quickly with nearly 170 customers and 100 employees. Kuali is committed to open source software development. You’ll have a significant impact on what we do and how we do it because we are an empowered group of entrepreneurs. Plus, you’ll get to work with some truly amazing people at a fast-growing, design-centric EdTech startup.
- Advise and train customers on technical implementation/onboarding tasks
- Partner with customers to design system integrations and advise on API usage.
- Partner with customers on migration of legacy data, both strategy and execution.
- Work hand-in-hand with Kuali Customer Success Managers during implementation.
- Assist with diagnosis and resolution of technical issues reported by customers.
- Databases: MySQL, MongoDb, Oracle (desirable)
- Infrastructure and AWS Services (multiple, not all): Docker, RDS, EC2/Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda, S3, IAM
- Web Services: REST, SOAP, and/or WebHooks
- Strong writing skills - ability to concisely convey complex technical requirements and concepts to business users
- Strong oral communication skills, both individual and public speaking
- Ability to establish trust-based relationships with executives, faculty, and staff members of customer organizations
- Proactive and sensitive to customer needs.
- The ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience developing integrations with enterprise systems.
- Experience executing complex data migrations from varied source systems
- You’ll have the opportunity to travel. The travel requirement could be 35%.
- We are a remote division of the company. You’d be expected to have a suitable home working environment or alternative.
- 401k matching (up to 4% of your salary)
- Full health premiums paid by company for you and dependents
- Take the time off that you need (we don’t track sick or vacation time)
- Paid holidays
- Annual tech hardware budget to buy whatever you want to do your job
- Annual conference and training budget to learn what you want to learn
- Fully remote environment
What can I expect next?
We will reach out to you if we are interested in a phone screen. After an initial phone call, you will be asked to do a coding challenge (roughly 2 hours). After the coding challenge, you will do a series of Zoom conference interviews with several members of the team
- Strategic Account Leader will report to a Regional Director.
- Act as a primary point of contact and the face of GitLab for our strategic and large customers and prospects in your assigned territory.
- Contribute to post-mortem analysis on wins/losses.
- Communicate lessons learned to the team, including account managers, the marketing team, and the technical team.
- Take ownership of your assigned territory
- document the buying criteria
- document the buying process
- document next steps and owners
- ensure pipeline accuracy based on evidence and not hope
- Contribute to documenting improvements in our sales handbook.
- Provide account leadership and direction in the pre- and post-sales process
- Conduct sales activities including prospecting and developing opportunities in large/strategic accounts
- Collaborate with Field Marketing to drive awareness, engage target accounts and progress opportunities through the Sales funnel
- Ensure the successful rollout and adoption of GitLab products through strong account management activities and coordination with pre-and-post sales engineering and support resources
- Be the voice of the customer by contributing product ideas to our public issue tracker
- Travel as necessary to accounts in order to develop relationships and close large opportunities
- Generate qualified leads and develop new customers in conjunction with our strategic channel partners in exceeding quota.
- Expand knowledge of industry as well as the competitive posture of the company
- Prepare activity and forecast reports as requested
- Update and maintain Sales’ database as appropriate
- Assist sales management in conveying customer needs to product managers, and technical support staff
- Utilize a consultative approach, discuss business issues with prospect and develop a formal quote, a written sales proposal or a formal sales presentation addressing their business needs.
- Respond to RFP's and follow up with prospects.
- Develop an account plan to sell to customers based on their business needs.
- Build and strengthen the business relationship with current accounts and new prospects.
- Recommend marketing strategies.
- A true desire to see customers benefit from the investment they make with you
- Able to provide high degree of major account management and control
- Work under minimal supervision on complex projects
- 5+ years of experience with B2B software sales
- Experience selling into large organizations
- Interest in GitLab, and open source software
- Ability to leverage established relationships and proven sales techniques for success
- Effective communicator (written/verbal), strong interpersonal skills
- Motivated, driven and results oriented
- Excellent negotiation, presentation and closing skills
- Preferred experience with Git, Software Development Tools, Application Lifecycle Management
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Qualified candidates receive a short questionnaire from our Global Recruiters
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with Regional Sales Director (in their same region)
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a second interview with Regional Sales Director (in a different region)
- Candidates will be invited to schedule a third interview with our CRO
- Finally, candidates may have an interview with our CEO
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.Remote-SFO
Thycotic, a global leader in IT security, is the fastest growing provider of Privileged Access Management solutions that protect an organization’s most valuable assets from cyber-attacks and insider threats. Our mission is to make self-sufficient security champions, by making security tools people love to use that make privilege management achievable for everyone.The results show:--We have over 10,000 customers worldwide ranging from mid-sized organizations to Fortune 100 companies and are adding hundreds of new customers every quarter.--We are growing at twice the rate of the overall PAM market (50% vs 25%).-- We are among Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies six years in a row.Position SummaryThe role of the Project Manager II is to manage Thycotic’s large packaged and custom projects, from prior to the sale of the project, until completion of the project. This includes helping arrange scoping calls, and facilitating statements of work prior to the sale, and then after the sale, facilitating the kickoff calls/meetings, and managing the scope, schedule, budget, resources and timely delivery of deliverables during the projects.In addition, it includes ensuring that projects are completed as close to the originally stated timeline as possible, and within the initial budget, or if that’s not possible due to changing conditions, ensuring that clients are notified in a timely manner of scope changes that may impact the timing, scope, or cost of a project. The Project Manager II works closely with consultants, architects and coordinators in the Professional Services team, and with staff from other departments within Thycotic including Technical Support, Project Management, and Sales.This position will report to the Director of Professional Services, International. Ideally, the candidate will be located in the United Kingdom or Germany however candidates in other EMEA locations will be considered.Key Responsibilities
- Work with technical consultants and architects from both Thycotic and Thycotic’s services partners to: facilitate services project scoping calls, introductory calls, regular status and other meetings; create Statements of Work associated with these projects; manage project scope, schedule, budget, resources and deliverables from inception to execution; facilitate and document requirements; enforce the Global Professional Service Delivery Methodology.
- Ensure timely kickoff calls with handoff and set clear expectations for each project, including: ensure that key KPIs including budget, schedule, etc. are maintained; ensure timely change requests are submitted; keep PS management team informed of projects requiring intervention.
- Use project management software such as Smartsheet or Microsoft Project to create clear project plans for larger projects, including tasks, sub-tasks, dependencies, resources, and timeframes.
- Collaborate with the Customer Success team to keep them informed about engagements in accounts that they manage.
- Collaborate with Sales, and PS leadership to keep them informed about engagement status, any blockers, or important issues that require intervention.
- Work closely with clients’ project managers to ensure that there is a joint understanding of the scope, timeframe, and deliverables of the project, including scope changes.
Skills and Requirements
- Work closely with the Global Director of Project Management to align processes and methodology.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a technical or communications field or equivalent experience – Project Management related degree is a strong plus.
- PMP, Prince2 or similar PMI certification.
- 5+ years of full-time work experience doing project management work for software or IT companies.
- Cyber Security Project Management a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and competing priorities.
- Proven ability to effectively engage and work with clients, sales, consultants, and other technical roles such as support engineers.
- Solid experience with a project management tool such as Microsoft Project, SmartSheet, Trello, etc., Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel.
Why Work at Thycotic?We’re passionate problem-solvers doing our part to make the world a safer place. We invest in people who are smart, self-motivated and collaborative.What we offer in return is meaningful work, a culture of innovation and great career progression!Thycotic was awarded “Best Places to Work” in 2019 in recognition of the hands-on experience and growth opportunities available here, as reported by employees. A focus on employee advancement and our ethos of respect are just some of the reasons why people love working here!Thycotic is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.Upon conditional offer of employment, candidates are required to complete a criminal background check and drug screen per Thycotic employment policy.
- Experience using a Customer Relationship Management system such as SalesForce.