Remote technical support Jobs in February 2020
16 Remote technical support Jobs in February 2020Post a job
Are you an automation ninja? Can you replace people with scripts that you write? Does poorly engineered architecture give you nightmares?
If this describes you then please read on! Exodus uses multi-cloud hosted backend services, running numerous cryptocurrency coin nodes and services for our software, and we need ninjas to help us automate, monitor, maintain, and scale them.
What You Will Do
- Engineer architectures and automation for zero-downtime deployments.
- Use technologies like Terraform to manage infrastructure as code.
- Work with Kubernetes and Prometheus to scale and monitor micro-services.
- Use tools like Helm and GitlabCI to automate deployments.
- Work with our development teams to help them setup automation pipelines and solve problems.
- Collaborate with other DevOps engineers to make the best solution possible.
- Build geo-distributed infrastructure.
- Participate in on-call schedules and act in a server/technical support capacity to the team.
Who You Are
- You are based (or willing to work) in a timezone around Eastern Asia between UTC +8 (Malaysia) and UTC +11
- You have excellent references and a history of trust and established relationships in former careers.
- You have a long history and track record of DevOps that can be demonstrated via GitHub, blogs and/or in a technical interview process.
- You take initiative and don't wait for direction.
- You have a passion for cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and a demonstrated passion for solving problems.
- You don't care if the platform is Azure or AWS and are willing to work with either and have some experience with at least one.
- You are willing to be available regardless of when server issues occur.
What We Offer
- Freedom to work wherever you want
- Building the future. Cryptocurrencies lay the foundation of the internet of value, the next major wave in application technology and personal finance.
- Collaborative and feedback-driven culture.
- Opportunity to grow. The sky is the limit if you're hungry to succeed.
- Fair pay, no matter where you live.
- Competitive compensation package. (Including benefits for US employees only)
Our Hiring Process
At Exodus, we pride ourselves in hiring people from all around the world. We work with individuals from various backgrounds; some traditional and some a bit more unconventional.
Our hiring process focuses on 2 pillars.
- Efficiency. You can expect the process to take between one and two weeks. We know what it’s like to wait weeks for a recruiter to get back to you and want to be respectful of your time.
- Transparency. We anticipate you asking questions and will answer with as much transparency and respect to you as possible.
We are committed to shaping a better world and have built our team based on empathy, radical candor, initiative, and humility.
Overall, our goal is that you have a great candidate experience with us
We need extraordinary support engineers to join our team.
You should be comfortable with providing deep technical support and customer-facing interactions. You should have experience with relational databases, and have or be able to quickly gain a detailed understanding of TimescaleDB and PostgreSQL. And you should have a “can do it” attitude, where helping the user comes first.
Timescale is a remote-first organization; this is a full-time position and should be located in US-Central timezone (UTC-6) for coverage purposes.
- Create successful customers through outstanding technical service, including issue resolution and consultative interactions
- Work in a dynamic startup and team, requiring the ability to shift focus quickly.
- Continually improve, optimize, and evolve support systems and processes.
- Be an enthusiastic and personable teammate, willing to jump in and help when you see a need.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Experience with SaaS and distributed systems.
- Exceptional knowledge of PostgreSQL, database schema, and query optimization.
- Experience as a technical support professional with external customers.
- Strong aptitude to understand and learn new software products.
- Know TimescaleDB! You should download and test it out before you apply.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Stock options
- 401k retirement plan
- Flexible PTO and family leave
- FSA and Dependent FSA plans
- Educational self-improvement benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible schedule
- Awesome coworkers
Time series is everywhere, and Timescale is helping developers and companies make sense of it. Businesses worldwide trust TimescaleDB for mission-critical applications from industries as varied as manufacturing, finance, utilities, telecom, mining, ad tech, oil & gas, and the smart home. Applications built on TimescaleDB include IT and DevOps monitoring, IoT, complex sensing and monitoring systems, geospatial asset tracking, operational data warehousing, and financial risk management; via the edge, on premise, and cloud deployments. The Timescale team is backed by top tier investors, including Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Icon Ventures, and Two Sigma Ventures.
BEE (https://beefree.io) - MailUp Group’s Business Unit that develops and markets a popular drag-&-drop email builder - is looking for a Customer Support Engineer to join the team in North America.
As a Customer Support Engineer, reporting directly to the Support & Community Manager of the business unit, your role will be to help in the adoption and use of BEE Plugin, the embeddable version of our email editor. Over 500 software companies around the world have already decided to license and embed BEE instead of developing their own drag-n-drop editor because by doing so they save time, money, and all the complexity of creating & managing a new product.
Your core responsibilities will be:
Assist prospects in the discovery of BEE Plugin features, at a technical level.
Help new customers in the implementation of the editor within their SaaS application.
Support existing customers when their support requests are escalated to you.
Help the development team by performing technical troubleshooting on those escalated tickets.
You will carry them out by:
Becoming an expert user of BEE Plugin, the embeddable version of the BEE editor.
Becoming very familiar with the sample code that prospects use to build Proof Of Concepts with BEE Plugin, and contribute to the code base, whenever able to do so.
Becoming intimately familiar with - and a contributor to - BEE Plugin technical documentation, which helps prospects understand the potential of the product & build prototypes with it, and helps customers implement the software in their SaaS applications.
Identifying and troubleshooting issues that prospects and new customers are reporting while integrating BEE Plugin, resolving as many as you can on your own, and escalating them when needed to the engineering team as bugs, or to the product team as product feedback.
Interact with prospects and customers remotely through a variety of channels used by the company, which include: phone calls, video calls, Slack chats, support tickets (Zendesk), threads in the Community portion of our Web site, questions posted to the technical documentation site, and more.
Collaborating with the Sales, Support, Development & Product teams to deliver a user experience to our prospects and customers that’s as seamless as possible.
Providing the product and engineering team with continuous feedback, which includes opening detailed bug reports in the bug tracking system (JIRA).
What we offer
BEE stands for "Best Email Editor" and that's the original, ambitious goal chosen for this project. Made with lots of passion between the United States and Italy, BEE is becoming a standard for digital content creation, starting with emails (“beautiful emails, fast”, is one of our tag lines). The editor is used by hundreds of thousands of people every month at beefree.io and embedded in over 600 SaaS applications.
When you join our company, you can expect:
Full time work in a fast growing, exciting project with worldwide recognition as a market-leader in our industry.
A dynamic team, geographically dispersed (Italy, USA), working with a startup mindset.
Flexibility: trust is one of our values and we strongly believe in results and in the continuous feedback culture.
Yearly team retreat, often in Italy (in 2019 the BEE team retreat was here).
Many opportunities for professional development through your daily exposure to marketing-leading products, and also through access to online training resources (free, unlimited course subscription to Udemy) and offline events (attendance to conferences, etc.).
Competitive salary plus incentive-based compensation.
Health insurance benefits;
401K plan with employer matching;
Commuter benefits, and many other benefits.
The legal name of the BEE business unit is MailUp, Inc., a Delaware corporation that is a wholly-owned subsidiary of MailUp SPA (MailUp Group’s head legal entity). MailUp, Inc. is headquartered in Oakland, California.
What we are looking for
Computer science degree or equivalent experience.
3+ years of experience as a full-stack Web developer.
2+ years of experience in a customer-facing technical role: technical support, product support, training, etc.
Outstanding communication skills: you love interacting with both customers & team members, in writing or in person/video call.
Outstanding writing skills: you enjoy explaining things to people in writing, providing examples, how-to’s, and ensuring that the message gets across.
Troubleshooting skills: you enjoy finding the cause behind a specific problem, explaining it to others, and working with others to help find a solution.
Organizational skills: you like working independently and are able to organize your activities without supervision.
Experience with customer support software like Zendesk is a plus.
Experience with B2B SaaS is a major plus.
Location & Travel
North America (US or Canada). We have an office in Oakland, CA, but you can work remotely as well.
If you work remotely, we may ask you to join us in Oakland (or another location) for in-person sessions from time to time.
Some travel may be required to help at our booth when we sponsor a conference.
Some travel will be required for our yearly team retreat. Between travel and meeting time, the retreat typically requires about a week of your time. We will provide ample notice so that you can plan for it.
We are looking to expand our team of Kubernetes Operations engineer. The focus of this role is 3-fold:
Work directly with clients and customers to assist in consulting, setting up and operating Kubernetes clusters. Generally, the Kubernetes clusters will be based on our own Lokomotive full-stack Kubernetes distribution.
Work as a part of the engineering team working to improve Lokomotive, Flatcar Container Linux and our other Kubernetes-related projects, applying your operations experience and direct feedback from customers to help guide the projects.
Be part of the oncall schedule to support our subscription customers.
We are working to build a follow-the-sun team so that support times during the week are during work hours.
In essence this role has elements of both a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) and a Software Engineer.
The ideal candidate has operations experience with Kubernetes but also beyond. It is a person who has the experience of being oncall, and resolving and helping to mitigate issues in production environments. It’s also a person who can clearly communicate to customers about these issues and communicate with the engineering team about the experiences that matter to customers. This role is the interface between the customer and the product engineering teams. It is this role’s positioning as the feedback loop between customers and the product that makes it so crucial.
To support you, you’ll have at your disposal the renowned Kinvolk engineering team that has completed dozens of challenging projects at every layer of the system. You’ll find that your supporting team can get you then answers you need and help you find short and long-term solutions to issues and help you grow as an engineer.
Work directly with customers to assist in consulting, setting up and operating Kubernetes clusters
Interface with clients and advise on best practices for managing Kubernetes cluster
Be on call during reasonable hours on a rotating basis (follow-the-sun rotation)
Provide first-line support to customers
Work to improve our open-source cloud products
Be a liaison between customers and product engineering team
Participate in product engineering
Review and document changes
Stay current on the cloud infrastructure technology landscape
Work closely with the rest of the Kinvolk team; communicating across projects.
Represent Kinvolk at community events
Multiple openings are available.
This role requires experience in setting up and operating Kubernetes clusters at a senior level. One is expected to be able to interface directly with customers to provide authoritative responses and advice.
To get the job done, you’re going to need these.
Experience operating Kubernetes in production
Deep understanding of how Kubernetes works
Ability to listen to customers and distill that input into actionable tasks and recommendations
Good knowledge of distributed systems
Good knowledge of Linux systems
Good networking know-how
Experience in scripting languages
Ability to interface directly with clients and customers
Ability to work independently
Good at communicating technical issues and requirements
Good written and spoken English
If these items apply to you, awesome! If not, expect to add these while at Kinvolk.
Passed Certified Kubernetes Administrator exam. If not, we will support you in attaining this within 6-months of joining
Experience with the Go programming languages
Low-level knowledge of container and process isolation technologies
Comfortable giving talks at conferences
If in Berlin, good written and spoken German is a plus
We’re always looking for ways to make Kinvolk a friendly and motivating work environment. Here are some of the things we already offer.
You would be working on the cutting edge of technology, with a world-class team from whom you will be able to learn - just as we hope to learn from you!
We offer a competitive salary (reviewed annually), with equity participation (virtual share options) for all employees
Flexible working hours policy, and generous holiday allowance
An open, non-hierarchical, multi-cultural environment, with nearly as many nationalities represented in as we have people
And many others like:
Work exclusively on Linux technologies
Work closely with open-source communities
Lunch paid once/twice weekly (Berlin)
Assistance with public transport ticket and home Internet bill (Berlin)
Company mobile phone plan (Germany)
German language classes 2 times weekly, if needed (Berlin)
Generous hardware allowance for laptop, monitor, phone and/or tablet of your choice
Represent Kinvolk at conferences
Free drinks and snacks if you're working out of the office
Need a book? We’ll order it for you and add it to our tech bookshelf
HOW TO APPLY
Apply using the button below. If you have other questions, please send those to [email protected]
Kinvolk is a rapidly growing tech company building Linux & Kubernetes-based open-source software products, and offering related engineering and technical support services. Our customers are amongst the largest and most influential in the space: Microsoft, SAP, CoreOS, and many more.
While founded in Berlin, Kinvolk is quicky expanding and has recently opened an India subsidiary.
Please submit Github or other repo for relevant code and projects.
Location: Auckland, New Zealand or Remote
A developer-centric company, flexible hours and location, cutting-edge technology with endless learning & development opportunities, doing meaningful work, and having lots of fun while doing it.
What We Do:
Laminar builds decentralized finance protocols for blockchains. We are in a unique position to bridge the users and players in both mainstream finance and the blockchain world, to enable more open, more inclusive, more secure and better finance experience of the future. Laminar has a small but growing team of developers dedicated to building blockchain applications using Substrate and other blockchain technologies.
What We Have Achieved:
Laminar is only a few months old. We have secured comfortable seed funding and is backed by financial institutes. We have launched our testnet trading platform on Ethereum and exhibited at the world's largest Fintech tradeshow in Singapore. We received a grant from the Web3 foundation and is an ecosystem partner of W3F and Polkadot. It's a great opportunity to join a fast-growing start-up at an early stage
Who You Will Be Working With:
Our team not only have the most influential Substrate contributor and course lecturer, but also iTunes awarded app developers, part-time artist, competitive CS player, snowboarding coach, and marathon runner. Let's do cool shit and make a difference.
About the Role & Responsibilities:
As a Blockchain Engineer,
1. Build Substrate-based blockchain projects
2. Provide technical support and hands-on guidance on these projects to users, external teams and communities
3. Evangelize our products and technologies to developer communities
1. Familiar with blockchain & decentralized application concepts
2. Familiar with common data structure and crypto algorithms
3. Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
4. Ability to work autonomously and proactively
5. Experience with participate open source projects
1. Familiar with Substrate
2. Experience with the Rust programming language
3. Senior-level C++ development experience
4. Experience with Solidity smart contract development
5. Experience with blockchain and building decentralized applications
Please submit Github or other repo for relevant code and projects.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Customer Success Specialist lives at the intersection of customer support and sales. They are a critical part of our efforts to keep customers happy and engaged. As a Customer Success Specialist, you will:
Triage incoming customer conversations. Most of them you’ll answer yourself, some require you to gather baseline information and pass it to another department, others require immediate escalation
Become a Roon expert. You'll be fielding questions from B2C and B2B customers over email, social media, and on our community site
Write and update documentation to proactively help customers achieve their desired outcomes
Leverage and improve upon sales strategies that drive customer happiness, renewals, and expansion
Quickly resolve billing and account administration issues
Monitor customer health and identify customers who are retention risks
Act as a liaison between the customer and the product team
Engage with our community and act on opportunities to delight customers
📝 **You’re an excellent writer.** We’re a fully remote team that relies heavily on asynchronous, written communication. And since you’ll be chatting with customers exclusively over email, social media, and on our community site, you’ll need writing chops appropriate for a public audience.
🗣 **You love interacting with customers!** This role isn’t a stepping stone to another department at Roon Labs. You love being on the front lines with customers and want to pursue a career in customer success.
⚡️ **You process and resolve issues quickly.** You can quickly distill complex questions and respond to them accurately and concisely. You’re an expert at making complicated situations simple and painless.
🖥 **You’re somewhat technical.** You know a little bit about how the internet, computers, software, and mobile applications work together. Or you know where to look for answers when you run into a problem with your computer. You don’t need a computer science degree or prior experience in a technical support role, but you do need to be able to document technical issues and report them back to the team.
💡 **You’re eager to help.** When things break or something goes wrong, you’re eager to hop in and help. And after that, you reflect on what happened and make suggestions for improvement. You make noise when you get stuck or something feels wrong.
Experience using help desk software
Knowledge or familiarity of the high-resolution audio industry
Prior remote work experience, or you’ve built side projects that demonstrate you can be focused and productive on your own
Video editing or production experience
🚀 Fully remote!
✈️ Unlimited paid vacation
🩺 Health/Dental/Vision Insurance (80/20)
👨👩👦👦 Paid parental leave
💰 401k with company match
HOW TO APPLY
Send us an intro note that tells us more about your skill set, why you want to work at Roon, and how you can help us reach and exceed our customer success goals. We're looking for great writers with passion and enthusiasm for helping others, so this is your time to shine! A complete Angel profile with your resume uploaded is also appreciated.
The Customer Success Engineer is responsible for providing expert technical support and guidance to customers during implementation and throughout the customer lifecycle ensuring success.
Customer Success Engineers are expected to be fluent in the technology and tools used by the Kuali Research product team - Node.js, Java, React, Web Services (REST and SOAP) - and have a love for process improvements and automation.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Kuali builds higher ed solutions in a competitive space where users are just waiting to be delighted.
Why join us? Our work matters — we’re helping our customers improve the quality of higher education by decreasing administrative costs. We compete in a competitive space where users are saddled with outdated, inefficient, legacy ERPs and eager to be delighted. We’re generating revenue and growing quickly with nearly 170 customers and 100 employees. Kuali is committed to open source software development. You’ll have a significant impact on what we do and how we do it because we are an empowered group of entrepreneurs. Plus, you’ll get to work with some truly amazing people at a fast-growing, design-centric EdTech startup.
- Advise and train customers on technical implementation/onboarding tasks
- Partner with customers to design system integrations and advise on API usage.
- Partner with customers on migration of legacy data, both strategy and execution.
- Work hand-in-hand with Kuali Customer Success Managers during implementation.
- Assist with diagnosis and resolution of technical issues reported by customers.
- Databases: MySQL, MongoDb, Oracle (desirable)
- Infrastructure and AWS Services (multiple, not all): Docker, RDS, EC2/Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda, S3, IAM
- Web Services: REST, SOAP, and/or WebHooks
- Strong writing skills - ability to concisely convey complex technical requirements and concepts to business users
- Strong oral communication skills, both individual and public speaking
- Ability to establish trust-based relationships with executives, faculty, and staff members of customer organizations
- Proactive and sensitive to customer needs.
- The ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience developing integrations with enterprise systems.
- Experience executing complex data migrations from varied source systems
- You’ll have the opportunity to travel. The travel requirement could be 35%.
- We are a remote division of the company. You’d be expected to have a suitable home working environment or alternative.
- 401k matching (up to 4% of your salary)
- Full health premiums paid by company for you and dependents
- Take the time off that you need (we don’t track sick or vacation time)
- Paid holidays
- Annual tech hardware budget to buy whatever you want to do your job
- Annual conference and training budget to learn what you want to learn
- Fully remote environment
What can I expect next?
We will reach out to you if we are interested in a phone screen. After an initial phone call, you will be asked to do a coding challenge (roughly 2 hours). After the coding challenge, you will do a series of Zoom conference interviews with several members of the team
Welcome to the CS Fam
CommentSold is a social commerce platform that modernizes the way retailers connect to online shoppers, including hosting live sales events and managing day-to-day retail operations. Simply, we help online retailers do less and sell more.
Our team is dispersed throughout the US and Canada, which means we value the diversity and unique collaboration that’s fostered through a remote team. We work incredibly hard for our customers, and believe deeply in our platform’s value. We're a high energy, high growth team and we love to win.
Our Chat Support Specialists are excellent written communicators with a genuine motivation to help others. As the frontline communicators to our customers they're our best brand ambassadors and platform pros., walking them through the technical components of our platform.
We’re looking for folks to join our team who have experience providing technical support for web and mobile products with a strength in writing and expressing empathy through written communication. To be successful on our team, you must have a curiosity for new technologies, and a strong desire to help solve problems through excellent communication.
In this role, you will
own customer needs from start to finish when they reach out to CommentSold's Chat Support
promptly respond to customer inquiries
resolve customer complaints
provide solutions, troubleshooting, and creative workarounds
investigate product bugs/issues and track them to resolution
document issue details, as well as solution/response in clear detail
gain expert knowledge of our product
guide users to utilize our key features
contribute to the ongoing development and improvement of our product
adeptly navigate our tools: Intercom, Slack, Canny, HubSpot, and Zendesk
If you're right for this role, you
work well in an environment that's highly performance and metrics driven
understand the importance of data integrity, and document like a pro
are well versed in social platforms including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
have expert writing skills with a keen understanding of grammatical standards
employ bias to action in your problem-solving approach
At CommentSold, you can work from anywhere thanks to the power of the internet - we put extra effort into our remote culture to ensure we exceed the engagement we all need. We value our team, and show that through competitive salaries and bonus opportunities. Health, dental, vision, and life insurance are available to all full-time employees.
You’ll work alongside some of the most hardworking and creative teammates and customers, and we like to think that energy is infectious
We are building a Customer Support team based on the idea of helping people with honesty. We believe in assisting customers efficiently and humbly, while helping the rest of our company to better understand our user base.Your mission as a Customer Support Specialist will be test and reproduce customers' technical issues, and ultimately help find the solutions. It's not just about solving problems, though. This process also provides valuable insight into our design, development and QA teams.For that reason, you'll have to be proactive but flexible, and empathic but candid. We truly believe in communicative people who can liaise with the rest of the company while providing honest and authoritative technical help to our customers. You'll have to show deep technical knowledge in macOS, Sketch and design, all shaped from a Customer Support perspective.What does an average day as a Technical Support Specialist at Sketch look like?We're a growing team with a simple approach to Customer Support that involves no escalations or tiers — so you'll have to be flexible and reliable.A typical day begins with tackling any pending emails in your inbox and helping customers resolve their issues. You'll then need to respond to technical issues, prioritising different aspects that can vary depending on the context: if there's been a recent release, if there's a known bug which we already have the solution for, or if there's a specific request or need from inside the team that we should check out.During your day, you'll be talking constantly with people inside the Customer Support team, and elsewhere within Sketch, to either get or give help.Over time, we will use your feedback on this workflow to help us refine it and become even more effective at helping our customers.What are you going to learn?We provide a flexible and ever-changing environment that will shape you as a resourceful specialist, with deep knowledge in design concepts of UX/UI and bug tracking. You'll be in contact with different people of several countries around the world and you'll be part of a fast-growing company that you'll help to develop and improve.As a remote organizationWe believe are three key attributes to working successfully within a remote organization. You'll need excellent communication skills, as well as good written and spoken English. You'll need to be self-motivated and be comfortable working in a remote position. And you'll need the ability to follow up on pending issues and parallel tasks closely and methodically.We believe inHonest, authoritative and effective technical support. You'll have to show empathy to understand the customers' needs and experience in providing technical solutions for them. You'll have a natural willingness to help and you're able to apply your deep technical knowledge into an understandable and reachable solution. In addition, you'll be capable of deploying these skills with speed and reliability.The ideal candidate
- Is familiar with Sketch and has experience providing complex technical support within macOS and design environments.
- Has experience tracking bugs and working closely with other departments.
- Has superb communication skills and a natural willingness to help people.
Even if you're not able to tick all of these boxes, we would still love to hear from you.
- Is located in a timezone within the Americas, preferably around the Eastern Time Zone (EDT).
As a Support Representative on the Customer Success team you'll work directly with our customers and tester community, use your creative problem-solving skills and technical troubleshooting on a daily basis, and work closely with the Customer Success, Product, and Engineering teams. This role at Rainforest has a huge impact on the happiness and success of our customers.What you'll do
- Troubleshoot technical issues and own the issue escalation process through to Engineering
- Assist Customers with questions and resolve issues through live chat support
- Collaborate with the Customer Success Team in providing support to customers
- Track and communicate customer feature requests to Product
- Maintain the Rainforest QA Help Center and update documentation as needed
- Assist our tester community with questions and issues as they arise
What we're looking for
- Assist our product operations by managing and reviewing test case creation for customers
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Support experience in a B2B software or tech company
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Experience gathering metrics and analyzing data
- Ability to work both independently as well as in a team environment
- Skill in coordinating conversations and customer solutions with different teams (Product, Engineering, Customer Success, etc.)
Bonus points for
- 1+ years of working in Customer Support in a fast-paced tech environment
- Start-up experience
- Familiarity or interest in product development, engineering, and QA processes (how software is built!)
- Experience with Intercom, Zendesk, JIRA, Domo, LogDNA (or similar applications)
- Experience in writing, maintaining, and organizing Help Center documentation
How we'll reward you
- Interest in the Software Development Lifecycle, CI/CD processes
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- 100% Medical, dental, and vision insurance covered (75% for dependents)
- Voluntary 401k program
- Weekly lunch stipend
- Subsidized commuter benefits
- Unlimited Vacation
- 3x/year company offsites to bond with the entire company and explore exciting destinations around the world (last 3 off-sites: Okinawa, Budapest, Kuala Lumpur)
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSIONAt Rainforest QA we believe that diverse teams improve our business. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- We are a remote first company!
This position is remote, based in the United States.
As a Support Operations Specialist, you will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations and software systems used by GitLab’s global Technical Support team, primarily our Zendesk instance, and integrations with internal business processes and tools. You will be able to juggle a diverse workload that includes everything from managing user provisioning to troubleshooting custom applications in support of a global organization. As we rely on our systems to support and scale the organization, you will be the backbone and the foundation to our success!Responsibilities
- Develop a flexible process and tool execution strategy to support the growth and scalability objectives of GitLab Support and company wide initiatives.
- Own and drive projects to completion in agreement with relevant stakeholders in a cross-departmental function.
- Manage a fast-paced queue of support operations requests, prioritize requests according to business impact, and drive to appropriate completion dates.
- Support and maintain several business critical SaaS systems (e.g. Zendesk Suite, GitLab, Slack, SFDC, Google groups, Zendesk Insights/Explore, and GitLab internal systems) including user administration in accordance with written and audited security controls and configuration changes when needed.
- Develop and maintain system failover processes for customer facing Zendesk apps.
- Provide support and troubleshooting for our Support systems, including App integration, tagging, macros, automations, etc. when necessary.
- Maintain and demonstrate 100% compliance with all written security policies and change management controls and assist with quarterly audits of user access to key systems.
- Understand internal customer's needs and business context to provide outstanding support and maintain high customer satisfaction.
- Assist with implementation of new systems as needed to support evolving processes and critically evaluate our use of systems with a view to improve global efficiency.
- 1-3 years experience in SaaS support with proven ability to support diverse customers needs with skill and humor
- Zendesk Administrator or equivalent enterprise application system administration experience preferred with the ability to gain Zendesk Administrator Certification within 6 months of start date required.
- Demonstrated technical aptitude for, and experience supporting, client-server and/or web-based applications and SaaS/PaaS solutions
- Proven ability to solve practical business problems
- Understanding of business processes and ability to translate business requirements into application functionality
- Zendesk enthusiast who thrives on working in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Strong team player with service-oriented attitude and customer focus
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent work experience
- An eye for detail and out-of-the-box thinking
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- Successful completion of a background check
- Demonstrated understanding of technical software support processes and concepts
- Experience in CRM or a related industry
- Familiarity with change management processes and risk control compliance
- Experience working on the Zendesk platform as an agent or developer
- Experience with enterprise integration tools
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.Remote-Global
Located in London or remote up to UTC +/- 2Why join us?We want to do data right, and we are focused on the emerging new customer segment of the data team. We are on a mission to provide enterprise companies with the best data possible so that they can do strategic transformations using data. We deeply care about the quality, meaning, ownership and governance of data.We do this through our Snowplow intelligent data platform, our passionate people and simple processes. We want to enable customers to track any event data; ask any question of that data and use any tool you want to answer it with.It’s a hugely exciting time here at Snowplow. We are actively selling in 14 countries with over 150 customers, from startups up to major enterprises; Snowplow is growing fast, having recently closed its Series A fundraising with MMC Ventures.The opportunityTo support us in significantly scaling up our customer base, we are now looking for a Head of Support to join our Customer Office, reporting into the VP Customer to manage and further build out the technical support function at Snowplow.As the Head of Support, you’ll fully own our best-in-class 24/7 support function, leading our cross-functional team of L1 to L3 support specialists. You’ll build on our reputation for high-quality, responsive and technically-sophisticated support as we rapidly scale up our business and reach further into the enterprise segment.We’re an ambitious, enthusiastic team and are looking for an experienced support leader who shares our belief that peerless customer support is a core engine room of any successful enterprise software vendor.What you’ll be doing- Own and evolve our Support function and team, initially managing and coaching five line reports (our Support Engineers) with a remit to build the team out further.- Acquire and maintain a strong understanding of Snowplow’s product and the value it delivers to customers.- Manage support resources to maintain and extend service availability while achieving key support KPIs such as SLA/SLO targets and NPS.- Be accountable for the management, mentoring and career development of all support specificalists, conducting performance review and one to one meetings.- Lead the hiring process to acquire new support resources based on capacity analysis and support expansion plans globally.- Drive continuous service improvement initiatives (e.g. automation) to protect our gross margin without impacting QoS as we scale.- Review Red and Amber accounts status and the trend of incidents to analyse and identify root causes and go-green plans for major incidents and escalations.-Design an all-competencies training program for the Support function, taking ownership of the personal development of each support specialist.-Supervise and improve the allocation of support specialists to complex data workflow and technical infrastructure tasks (L2/L3) for our customers.- Work closely with Customer Success to create and maintain an enterprise-grade experience across all touch-points of the customer lifecycle.- Work closely with Product and Engineering teams to ensure alignment on priorities as well as ongoing communication and updates to active escalations.We’d love to hear from you if- The idea of working for a growing software startup excites you.- You have 2+ years of leading a cross-functional team of L1 to L3 support specialists delivering 24/7 support.- Comfortable working with globally distributed teams, ideally structured in a follow-the-sun model.- You have strong customer relationship skills, covering enterprise and corporate accounts, and commercial acumen.- You have detailed knowledge and understanding of Incident, Problem and Service Request management processes.- You are an excellent communicator who can build strong relationships with other internal stakeholders.- You have the ability to digest complex technical information quickly and formulate this into a comprehensive and succinct format.- Proactive solution oriented problem-solving skills and project management experience.- You are adaptable and don’t mind working in an ambiguous, ever-changing environment.- Bonus if you have ITIL and/or PMP certifications, but not a showstopper if you don’tWhat you’ll get in return- A competitive package based on experience, including share options 25 days of holiday a year (plus bank holidays)- MacBook or Dell XPS 13/15- Two fantastic company Away-Weeks in a different European city each year (last one was in Bratislava in November 2019)- Work alongside a supportive and talented team Grow and develop in a fast-moving, collaborative organisation- Enjoy fun events in and around London organised by our Cultural Work Committee- Learn to code or improve your existing skills with our Software Development Guild- Convenient location in central London (Liverpool Street)- Continuous supply of Pact coffee and healthy snacksSnowplow is dedicated to building and supporting a brilliant, diverse and hugely inclusive team. We don't discriminate against gender, race, religion or belief, disability, age, marital status or sexual orientation. Whatever your background may be, we welcome anyone with talent, drive and emotional intelligence.
This position is remote based.
As a Support Operations Manager, you are responsible for being a technical expert in Zendesk system administration along with data and business process analysis. Additionally, you will need to be proficient across multiple other cloud-based application services. We are building world-class and industry-leading best practices to ensure our Support Engineers and Support Agents deliver unparalleled customer experiences. We are seeking a highly motivated Support Operations Manager who is organized, cool under pressure, a leader, and an innovative problem solver; someone with fantastic troubleshooting and analytical skills, well-rounded experience working in customer support or other operational roles, and is motivated by team as well as personal success. Your work mantra is to solve the problem, not the symptom.Responsibilities
- Hire, develop, and manage a team of specialists to complete projects focused on excellence in the operations of a global Support Engineering organization.
- Develop processes and execution strategy toward a Support Operations Roadmap to support the growth and scalability objectives of GitLab Support and contribute to a rolling 6-month plan in order to drive towards department and company wide initiatives.
- Contribute to the administering all software systems used by GitLab’s Technical Support team (e.g. Zendesk Suite, GitLab, Slack, SFDC, Google groups, Insights/Explore, and GitLab internal systems) including user administration in accordance with written and audited security controls and configuration changes when needed.
- Develop processes to prioritize and implement configuration changes and feature deployments toward a common vision.
- Partner with coworkers, managers, and executives, as well as external partners to gather system requirements, understand business needs, and identify resources as necessary to ensure customer and employee success.
- Work with GitLab Support leadership, define workflows, practices, and standards to ensure that Support Engineers and Support Agents can deliver fast, reliable, and accurate customer support globally.
- Work with management to develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the systems and tools administered by the team; capture and report those KPIs regularly to confirm system health. Improve process and education around analysis and resolution of escalated customer and/or technical issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Drive towards becoming a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in product or process areas as needed.
- 3+ Years Customer Support or Operations experience required, preferably in a global organization.
- 3+ years experience managing and leading a team of people, including goal-setting and leading personal development.
- Experience implementing business processes, sufficient for regulatory and security compliance and working with auditors.
- Ability to use GitLab
- You share our values and work in accordance with those values.
- Demonstrated understanding of technical software support processes and concepts
- Experience in CRM or a related industry
- Familiarity with change management processes and risk control compliance
- Experience working on the Zendesk platform as an admin or developer
- Experience with enterprise integration tools
- Demonstrated leadership, analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills and the ability to act/decide accordingly.
- Ability to collect, synthesize, and research complex issues and diverse information.
- Exceptional customer service skills and the ability to plan organize and exercise sound judgment.
Support Operations support the global Support team to achieve the following performance indicators by ensuring we have the most efficient workflows through our applications;
- Average ticket resolution across the team
- Service Level Agreement
- Ticket deflection through docs search
Learn more about Leadership at GitLabHiring Process
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Selected candidates receive a short assessment from our Global Recruiters
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a 90 minute technical interview with a Support Engineering Manager
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a 30 minute behavioral interview with a Support Engineering Manager
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a 60 minute interview with the Director of Support
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.Compensation
The compensation for this role can be found here.Remote-TAMRemote-ATL
Here at Crisp, we value the strength in teamwork, and strongly believe that it’s the key to Crisp’s success. By bringing together bright, motivated creators, wherever they live and work, we are leveraging humanity’s diversity of experience and background in order to understand the challenges facing our food supply, and solve them together. Come join us, and help build the type of business you’d like to be a part of.
We are a socially conscious, distributed team. We give you the opportunity to solve challenges in the global food industry while living where you’re most comfortable and working in areas where you can help foster and grow the community that you are a part of.
We believe in transparency, diversity, merit and fostering a culture of empowerment, personal impact and career growth. As the Advising Director of Supply Chain you will be both internally and externally facing. Externally, you will engage with Crisp customers by analyzing their supply chains and how Crisp technology can help them run their businesses more efficiently. Internally, you will work closely with Product and Engineering, leveraging industry knowledge and customer feedback to determine what we should build.
We do not have strict requirements to exactly the role you have / have had in the past, but we will certainly not hold it against you if you have been a Product Manager, a Project Manager or even a Software Engineer.
This is an evolving role, currently reporting directly to the CTO with ample opportunity for growth if you play to your strengths. Whether you are coming from a startup or corporate background, you appreciate how much impact there is to be had in smaller organizations and you relish the ability to shape your own role and the future of the company.
Signs of a great candidate
- Collaborative. You know that your team members’ perspectives will make our customers successful. Similarly, you use your strengths to help us grow together.
- Customer focused. Our customers are at the forefront of your day. You prioritize our customers voice to ensure their needs are met.
- Disciplined and reliable. We are a remote company and you enjoy the benefits of working remotely while consistently delivering what you have committed to. When you hit a snag, you communicate and reset expectations early.
- Appreciative of honest feedback. You know that the best way to learn and grow is through constructive feedback delivered kindly, but without unnecessary ambiguity. You view feedback given to you as an opportunity to get better and strive to do the same for others.
- Work smarter and harder. Technical support is hard work and you strive to find ways to enable the customer to be successful. You know when to insert yourself to interact with a customer and when to help with tools. You propose ways for us to be more engaged and successful with our customers based on metrics.
Crisp’s Advisory Director of Supply Chain Management
- You think well on your feet and spot opportunity. Crisp works with small and large food companies and you understand that organizations of different supply chain maturity levels have different needs and challenges, be it people, process or technology. We are not looking so solve "everything" for our customers and shy away from overly complex solutions that can take years to roll out. Having worked with different companies and technologies, you have a knack for spotting the challenges that are worth solving when your are engaging with a new customer.
- Deep supply chain knowledge, pragmatic thinker and communicator. You know the details of supply chain principles, techniques and methodologies. You can also level with customers and stakeholders by speaking their language and nudging them to rethink how they perceive the challenges that their companies are facing.
- Technically savvy. You are not a software developer, but having worked with software platforms for years, you have developed a strong intuition for how technology can be applied. This means you have become very good at at assessing whether a customer problem can be solved with existing technology, could be accommodated with minor updates or would require major changes. You can also usually tell if taking the problem on would make sense from a product platform perspective.
- You see the bigger picture of how people, process and technology work together. You enjoy working with a team that enjoys solving hard technical problems, but you also appreciate how that technology needs to be loved by users to truly reach its full potential.
We are building a team of customer success people with a breadth of combined experiences so that we can collaboratively enable our customers to be successful. There are no hard requirements on specific background, experience or geographical location. Instead we’re looking for individuals that are capable, reliable, and hoping to grow along with us. Do you have strengths you can share? If so, we’d love to hear from you!