Remote sysadmin Jobs in February 2020
2 Remote sysadmin Jobs in February 2020Post a job
Academic Analytics has a opening for a remote Systems Analyst. Candidates must live and be eligible to work in the United States.
You’ll love this position if:
- You enjoy helping others
- You enjoy working in a fast paced environment
- You are passionate about providing support to an environment that encourages teamwork and out of the box thinking
- You are a self-confident, motivated person with a strong work ethic and excellent communication skills
What you’ll do here:
- Troubleshoot end user issues, provide root-cause analysis on various web and mobile applications, handle escalated server/network issues
- Manage application software, application infrastructure and third-party application environments. This includes installation, upgrades and patches, creating links and interfaces between systems, developing application-specific security, performance monitoring and trouble-shooting.
- Assist in implementing and supporting single sign on (SSO)
- Provide guidance to tier 1 team members.
About Academic Analytics
What we offer:
We strive to take care of our employees-more than just the 'work you', but rather the 'whole you' through our health, dental, vision, fun wellness challenges and Paid Time Off
Help prepare for your life after retirement through our 401(K) program
Our employees value the flexibility at Academic Analytics that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives
Academic Analytics, was founded in 2005. University presidents, provosts, and other academic leaders strive to build stronger research institutions. Academic Analytics aggregates valuable information on scholarly research activity and provides user friendly business intelligence software, curated data, and analytics to these higher education professionals. These solutions help academic leaders understand the research accomplishments of faculty members, departments, programs, and their entire institution. Our tools help universities view research activity in context, identify funding opportunities, form expert teams to win funding, and increase the visibility of the institution’s research enterprise to companies, foundations, and potential collaborators. To learn more about Academic Analytics please see: https://bit.ly/2RXh0XX
Academic Analytics provides a great benefit package including, paid time off, 401K with match, medical benefits and more.
Academic Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A big hello from the team at Compucorp!
We’re on the lookout for an exceptional systems administrator to join our growing team. Your work will have significant impact and the role will expose you to working on a range of open source projects for the not for profit sector.
You will be working with the development and QA teams, reporting directly to the CTO to define the deployment tools and processes in Compucorp. You will be very hands-on technically but also you will mentor and guide the more junior members of the systems administration team.
The main responsibilities of this role include:
- Develop and maintain production infrastructure and mission-critical internal systems.
- Liaise with Development, QA and management teams to define and deliver the strategic needs of the company infrastructure.
- Stay up to date with security best practices and integrate security at every level of the stack.
- Monitor and troubleshoot infrastructure issues for live client environments.
- Provide infrastructure architecture advice for Compucorp development teams.
- Investigate new infrastructure technology and solutions.
- Mentor and train junior systems administrators.
At Compucorp we are a distributed team and we welcome people to join us from all around the world. However, as a UK-based company, some overlap with UK hours will be required. By default, you should assume that your working hours would be +/- 3h max from GMT start times of 9.00AM UK start time. There is some flexibility in this but please be aware that staff members starting outside of these hours are rare and, as such, if you would expect these hours to be an issue for you then we would not suggest that you apply. Due to EU data protection requirements, DevOps/SysAdmin team members must be from either an EEA country or a country that the EU considers to have an adequate level of data protection. The list can be found at the link below:
- Excellent Linux administration skills.
- Significant experience writing Bash and Python scripts for tasks automation
- Significant experience in developing automation using Ansible.
- PHP web server experience (NGINX preferable).
- Database administration experience (Mysql or equivalent).
- Experience with cloud technologies, (our stack is mainly AWS).
- Experience with monitoring platforms in production
- Exposure to CI/CD.
- Good Git skills.
- Strong collaboration, written and verbal skills.
- Must love creating awesome documentation!
- Previous PHP deployment automation
- Experience with Drupal administration
- Experience with containerisation in production