Remote symfony Jobs in April 2020
9 Remote symfony Jobs in April 2020Post a job
🔥 NEW: -50% on Remotive Community Memberships during COVID 19.Remotive Slack Community
Virtual, work-from-home position. Work anywhere in the U.S. - Must live in the U.S.
We are growing! Join a team of 10 rockstar developers who support a company of over 100 people with industry-leading web applications in areas of subscription-based continuing education, simulation and training, ecommerce, content management, and more.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
We are continued. We are fast-paced, nimble, and laugh a lot. We all work from home offices in various locations across the country. We are dynamic, engaged, highly motivated and highly skilled. We are passionate about our work and our professions and we’re looking for another team member to join our cause. We are certified as a great workplace by the independent analysts at Great Place to Work®, and ranked #6 on the Best Small Workplaces in the US in 2019. Learn more about us at
ABOUT THE TEAM
Our meetings are filled with sarcasm, laughter, and movie quotes. We share code on github and contribute back to the open source community, whenever able. Though we are virtual, we communicate a lot and have a tight-knit group. We pair, encourage test driven development, collaborate, and enjoy healthy debate here and are looking for someone who can thrive in that environment. A thirst for knowledge and passion for solving problems is what drives the team. Training and education is a big part of who we are, not only as a company, but also as a mindset. We keep up to date in our field via continuing education, conferences, etc.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are seeking an innovative and engaged Senior PHP developer who is motivated, creative, and fun to assist in developing our custom CakePHP and Laravel web applications.
- Full-Time, 8a-5p in your time zone
- Work from your home office
- Company-provided MacBook Pro, Internet stipend, etc
- Must live in the United States and be legally eligible to work for us
- Travel is required for an annual company meeting, and may be required once or twice per year for team or project meetings
- Minor and major application feature development
- Assist stakeholders in developing feature specifications
- Plan, code, test, and deploy new features/applications/projects/modules/plugins
- Troubleshoot application bugs and determine resolutions
- Optimize and refactor existing code to improve performance and reliability [http://goo.gl/Kp3W3]
- Suggest improvements, security needs, best practices, etc (your voice will be heard)
Self-management and time management are critical in this role. Without it, you will not be successful. Other requirements include:
- 7+ years experience with PHP, Modern Backend Framework (CakePHP, Laravel, Symfony, etc.), Modern Front End Framework (Vue, jQuery, Angular, etc.), HTML5, SASS & CSS
- A communication pro - must be able to explain technical issues to a non-technical person, pleasantly (we are always on Slack with stakeholders)
- Comfortable with writing, editing, and maintaining Unit/Feature tests
- Highly attentive to details, able to cross all the t's and dot all the i's and help review/fix others
- There is direct project oversight, but you are expected to take ownership of your work and your projects, establish deadlines, and communicate progress proactively
- Eager to research and learn in a self-directed way (always improving)
- Easygoing, fun, and a team player - must be able to comprehend highly-advanced forms of sarcasm
- A home office, free of distractions, with a high-speed Internet connection
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD)
PREFERRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED
Although not required, the ideal candidate would also have:
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in Computer Science
- An active github account with open source contributions
- A well thought out preference for Star Wars or Star Trek
- Working knowledge of xkcd comic strip or similar
We prefer a great/interested/excited programmer with less experience to an unmotivated or unengaged programmer with tons of experience.
TO APPLY: We value attention to detail. Applications that fail to follow these simple steps will not be considered. Please provide a cover letter with your application. In your cover letter please include: 1) why you would make a great addition to our team, and 2) a favorite clip from youtube.
- 3+ years of commercial software development experience
- Experience with Laravel, Yii, Symfony or a similar MVC framework
- Good SQL knowledge
- Ability to understand and work with a large existing codebase involving multiple services
- Experience with React.js, or strong desire and ability to learn
- Good understanding of cloud infrastructure, including scalability and availability patterns such as horizontal scaling, service discovery, etc.
- Experience with AWS, preferred
- Bachelors degree or higher
- Intermediate written and spoken English
This is a full-time, home-based position.
Compensation: Depending on skills and experience.
- 3+ years of experience in software development
- Professional experience with PHP 5 and MySQL
- MVC frameworks like Symfony2 or Laravel are a plus
- Ability to build and consume RESTful web services.
- Competent with revision control systems (Git)
- Code optimization and performance improvements
- Knowledge common Design Patterns (SOLID)
- Passionate about writing beautiful and clean code
Nice to have:
- Experience with working remotely
- Familiar/involved with open source projects
- Independent, self-motivated
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Proven track record of always learning and growing
- Proactive attitude
- Possess a spirit of generosity
- Get the chance to work with big brands like Riot Games (League of Legends), Sony, Fox Broadcasting, Kaplan Inc. (top education company), Coinbase (#1 crypto exchange), BeachBody (#1 fitness company), etc.
- Work from anywhere as part of a community of digital nomads.
- Live and work in one of our roaming hacker houses (X-Outposts) around the world:
- Be part of the most energizing community for developers in the world by participating in our Seasons, a 3-month experience filled with challenges, rewards, RPGs, competitions, and more, all centered around a theme that will inspire and energize you.
- Get $2,500 per year (Unleash+) to spend on doing more of what you love and staying energized. Use it on conferences, courses, video games, photography gear, music gear, cooking gear, a gym membership, adventure sports, baby/pet sitting, productivity apps, restaurants, coworking, movie tickets, headphones, etc.
We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We build highly scalable systems that process trillions of data points every day to provide real time alerts, visualizations, log aggregations, and application traces for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The APM Team at Datadog provides mission critical application health and performance monitoring for customers of all sizes and industries. We’re taking a new approach to APM with distributed tracing and seamless integration with Datadog’s Infrastructure and Logs products.
We are looking for an expert PHP developer experienced with PHP language internals who can help push our tracing tools to the next level. Come and join us to build amazing open source software!
- Write code that instruments thousands of PHP applications around the world.
- You’ll help drive our open source PHP projects and engage with the community to find and address the most important challenges.
- Join a great team building software the right way
- You’re a master PHP programmer. PHP is more than a recursive acronym for you. You’ve tailored your bytecode cache engine, updated php.ini a time or two and you know PSRs by heart. You’ve written piles of clean, correct, well-tested, performant, idiomatic PHP code.
- You are a great community ambassador and can drive hard technical conversations towards a good solution.
- You have solid experience with widely used frameworks and libraries like Laravel, Symfony, Phalcon or CakePHP.
- You want to work in a fast, high growth startup environment.
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a STEM field or equivalent experience.
- You have experience with applications such as Wordpress, Drupal or Joomla.
- You have used other interpreters than the C implementation, such as HHVM.
- You have experience with code telemetry and introspection.
- You have experience writing C-extensions for PHP.
Important: although this is a fully remote role, we only accept candidates that are within 2 hours of CET (Central European Timezone). Applying outside of that is a waste of your (and our) time.
Prezly is looking for a backend (PHP) developer to boost our capacity in creating a world with more meaningful communication between organisations and people. Working closely with a product designer, the founders and builders to craft high-quality, impactful, and inclusive user experiences for communication experts all around the world.
Good stories, told well to the right people, can inspire and spark positive change in the world. That’s why at Prezly, we’re building state-of-the-art storytelling tools for stellar brands.
Since our founding in 2010, we've grown to become a profitable, 100% globally distributed team of ~16 high-performing, happy people that are dedicated to building a product our customers love.
About the technology
Our services are built around a core of PHP (symfony), postgres, React with millions of people per day using some aspect of the system. On the backend side we use a Symfony fork (https://github.com/e1himself/symfony1), Propel (http://propelorm.org/) and interact with a Postgres (RDS) database.
We're big believers in devops/CI - building, testing, and deploying to any of our environments are as simple as pushing a commit to a git branch. The infrastructure is containerised, built on top of AWS using Kubernetes.
We're a technology company first: This means that in addition to product and business development plans, we put emphasis on continual improvement of our stack and infrastructure. Current projects include API'ing our full application suite and removing redux.
About the backend role
We are looking for a backend engineer with deep understanding of PHP (Symfony) and best practices when it comes to application development. Bonus points for experience with our specific stack.
You should have senior level experience (~5 years) building modern back-end systems, with at least 3 years of that experience using PHP.
You will work on a variety of projects, mostly around the core Prezly product. Your work will ship continuously so you will have a direct impact in our customers’ experience and the overall trajectory of the business.
As our new teammate, you’ll be self-driven and work hard to bring value to your new company in the most effective way possible. You’ll work hard to make those around you better, communicate clearly, and make Prezly a better company.
- 5+ years of professional full stack development experience.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Team-oriented person who loves to collaborate and communicate
- Bonus points for:
- Leadership role at a startup. Proven ability to mentor / manage engineers and drive a product forward.
- Knowledge of containerisation, k8s, dev-ops, and AWS.
You will get
Great tools: What would Batman be without his utility belt? He’d still be badass. But you get the point. At Prezly you’ll get to choose your own gear.
Flexible hours: There’s a life outside of work. That’s why our distributed team works from where they want, when they want. And they get tons of work done.
Unlimited vacation time: We evaluate on value, not on time spent behind desks. Employees can take as many holidays as they need. This way they bring their A-game to the job.
Visits to Leuven: A few times per year the entire team gets together in the office in Leuven, the world’s capital of beer. We’ll fly you in so you can have fun with the team.
As a Linux Cloud Support Engineer you will be responsible for assessing the nature of product or service issues and resolving support problems for customers and partners through support tickets, live chat, and occasional voice calls. Don’t let the word “Support” fool you - this is not a typical call center role. Our customers are technically sophisticated and once a question gets to us search engines have failed to provide an answer. On any given day, you’ll be applying your knowledge of Linux with technologies like MySQL, DNS, CDNs, SSL, Redis, various programming languages, replication, integration with other systems and much more. Expect to learn something new every day.
Successful employees will collaborate with other team members, meet deadlines and test new ideas, tools, and tactics. We are looking for motivators and go-getters who will improve our processes, our products and ourselves. As one of our Cloud Support Engineers, you are our front line; when our customers think of how great Platform.sh is, they think of you.
In a given day you might:
- Troubleshoot issues pertaining to the underlying infrastructure running customer applications.
- Diagnose, debug and document issues in both applications and systems.
- Deploy and configure cloud infrastructure resources.
- Troubleshoot, reproduce and report bugs.
- Become a product expert and work toward improving our customer facing documentation.
- Participate in limited on-call shifts, providing timely responses to high priority tickets and incidents.
- Work under limited supervision with considerable latitude for personal initiative.
- Respond to customer inquiries through our ticketing solution, ZenDesk.
- Participate in training teammates.
- This role is permanent and full time, 5 days a week including week-ends (2 days off in the week of your choice other than week-ends). You hence need to have the legal capacity in your location to work Saturdays and Sundays
- 3+ years combined of:
- Linux system administration
- Web development using PHP, Python, Ruby or Go. (However, this is not primarily a programming job)
- Experience using git
- Managing DNS
- Functional knowledge of TLS and encryption
- Demonstrating exceptional communication skills to provide clear and empathetic customer support
- Knowledge of nginx, Galera, GlusterFS, and Puppet
- Experience with Magento, Symfony, TYPO3 and/or Drupal
- Understanding of CDNs or Varnish and web caching strategies
- Familiarity with IaaS solutions, such as AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Compute Engine
- Conversant in containerization technologies and techniques
Sound Like a Good Fit? We’re not expecting you to be an expert at all of the above, but if your skillset includes some of it and you’re interested in diving into the rest, we’d love to talk to you!
This is a remote job. Work from anywhere!
We are a worldwide distributed team and are looking for a candidate who can perform well working remotely. To be an effective performer as a CSE here at Platform.sh, you’ll need to be able to effectively collaborate across time zones while operating with a high level of independence and autonomy.
Must live in the United States
Expertise in the latest development best practices, particularly with:
Architecture/Design, e.g. Separation of Concern, Dependency Injection
Comfortable with git and other command line tools
Be self-directed and be able to prioritize your own workload.
Preferred Experience With:
Symfony or similar framework
GraphQL APIs (webonyx/graphql-php)
Dev/SysOps, Cloud Hosting and Services (AWS)
Familiarity with frontend languages / working in a full-stack environment
Working in an Agile/Kanban environment. We use Jira for our task management, so familiarity with the tool is a plus
Working in remote/distributed teams
You will be a senior backend developer responsible for implementing server-side features, bug fixes, performance improvements, and creating & maintaining the server architecture.
You will participate in the code architecture process by gathering requirements and planning technical details with other engineers.
You will report directly to our VP, Engineering, with a dotted line to the CTO, working with both of them and our Head of Product on a daily basis, with direct input from our CEO and other key team members.
About Project Admission:
We are a growing technology company based in Nashville, TN that offers its employees transparent salary, stock options, and the option to work remotely.
Project Admission was founded by Stephen Glicken and Jordan Stone to solve for two of the biggest problems facing the live event industry: 70% of attendees at an event are unknown to the event organizers and millions of dollars are being transacted by scalpers without any benefit to musicians, teams, or event organizers.
We’ve built software that acts as the digital layer between a ticketing company and ticket purchasers, allowing us to track ownership and capture resell revenue.
Our vision: To universally improve the transfer of digital assets.
Our mission statement: Creating a more connected experience for the buying, selling, and distribution of digital assets.
Location: Project Admission is based in Nashville, TN. Living in Nashville is not required, but this is a great place to live thanks to no state income tax, a relatively low cost of living, and a booming city with great food and culture, to name a few.
Why Should You Apply?
Career growth opportunity
Last Call Media is looking for a well rounded PHP developer to join our team!
Last Call Media is looking for someone who understands just how flexible the PHP programming language can be, and enjoys, neh, is proud that the majority of the internet uses the PHP language.
The ideal candidate will have experience in PHP frameworks such as WordPress, Symfony, Drupal, CodeIgniter but also has been involved with big single PHP files with inline CSS/HTML/(My)SQL/PHP. Last Call Media is looking for an advocate of best practices and someone who is willing to be opinionated about what they believe in when it comes to building successful programming projects.
Last Call Media is a fully distributed company so you can work from anywhere, but we ask that you be able to commit to at least 5 hours of overlap with New York time (ET), Monday through Friday.
What you’ll do:
Review and analyze existing PHP sites for ways to improve and/or provide advice on how to migrate off antiquated monolith systems. Implement analyses from start to finish.
Work with clients to communicate how and why existing PHP code works or doesn’t.
Create and maintain product roadmaps, feature backlogs and product documentation, and user stories.
Understand who the end user of a project is and how to build and/or suggest front-end interfaces to help them accomplish their tasks as simply and practically as possible.
Participate in team and company retrospectives to help define and refine working agreements and processes to help us work more effectively together as a team.
What you’ll bring:
A proven track record of leading the delivery of digital products and services that delight customers.
3+ years of similar experience in a digital agency, consultancy, or equivalent setting where you were accountable to several client engagements.
An obvious drive to grow and learn from the highly-skilled team around you
Experience with large-scale open source web technologies (such as Drupal, WordPress, and React).
Experience and/or a desire to work remotely.
Ability to work efficiently, sometimes under tight deadlines
It’d be nice if you also had:
Front-end framework experience like ReactJS/AngularJS/VueJS
Relational database experience and understanding of how to improve DB performance
Server administration and/or setups like Apache/NodeJS/Nginx and a general comfortability in the Linux environment
Familiarity with Atlassian tools, such as Jira and Confluence.
All of us at LCM pride ourselves on being:
Able to empathize, which helps us understand the need of the client, the customer, the product, and the team at LCM.
Able to work independently
Comfortable asking for help
Experienced with communicating directly with clients
Eager and motivated to learn new concepts
A team player in a collaborative environment
A fast learner
Applicants should submit through the careers section a current resume and cover letter that includes links to a few digital products you completed recently and an answer to the following question: In 3-5 sentences please share a little about what, in your opinion, the biggest challenges are working at an all remote company. If you haven’t worked for an all remote company, please try and answer the question anyway! Lastly, while resumes and interviews are a great way to learn more about you, all candidates should be prepared to complete a brief hypothetical virtual recruitment exercise and submit reference(s) upon request.
To apply visit: https://lastcallmedia.com/careers
This position is compensated at a salary commensurate with skill and experience, with comprehensive benefits including an annual professional development budget, and varied, engaging work for enterprise-level clients. If this position already sounds like you or sounds like where you're headed, please reach out! Applicants should submit a current resume and cover letter through the careers section and should be prepared to submit a code sample(s) and reference(s) upon request.
Platform.sh is a groundbreaking hosting and development tool for web applications. We’re a European VC-Backed startup with a host of blue-chip Enterprise clients and a string of awards and grants (including €2m from the EU Horizon 2020 program).
Platform.sh is built on top of open source languages, libraries and projects. But we never shy away from writing code. This means that even if there is an existing open source project that covers much of the functionality of something we want to achieve, we will consider, and often enough, chose to write our own implementation; Because sometimes 80/20 is not good enough. We have our own orchestration layer, our own reverse proxy, our own file-systems, our own reproducible build system.
To reinforce our technical prowess, we are looking to grow our operations team with an operations coordinator that knows their way around Linux. If you’re looking for an exciting, high-growth opportunity with an award-winning, cutting-edge company, this could be just the job for you.
Directly reporting to our VP of Infrastructure Operations, you will:
- coordinate and execute day to day tasks;
- monitor project activities and ensure general project organization;
- work with internal teams to schedule upgrades and maintenances all the while respecting team’s capacity;
- provide weekly and monthly reports recapping results to partners;
- identify and manage project dependencies and impediments;
- assist to produce the roadmap for continuous development;
- lead and facilitate daily scrum, planning and retrospective meetings.
Nice to have:
- hands-on experience with Kanban Board & Jira;
- Scrum Master experience;
- reporting and dashboarding experience;
- knowledge of Magento Ecommerce, Symfony, Drupal, eZ Platform, or Typo3.
We have many extremely knowledgeable co-workers who are happy to invest their time in sharing their experiences with those who show talent, interest, and a willingness to learn.
This role is open to full time remote.