Remote support engineering Jobs in February 2020
3 Remote support engineering Jobs in February 2020Post a job
Spreedly is a rapidly growing, payments technology firm, with headquarters located in downtown Durham.We develop a powerful infrastructure that is central to the massive and growing payments market. We're growing incredibly fast too. In fact, we just raised $75M from Spectrum Equity. And we're processing over one million transactions per day.Join us as we continue to build a great fintech software company in Durham, NC. We’re hiring innovators like you.Spreedly is seeking an experiencedSupport Engineer to join our team, learn all about Spreedly and begin contributing quickly. We’re a payments API that’s used by developers around the world, so you’ll become a product expert as you support our users.Our thorough API documentation, ease of implementation, and timely responses are just a few reasons our customers love Spreedly. We are a lean, quickly evolving team that isn’t afraid to reflect on process, approach, and tools to make sure we’re providing the smoothest experience for users in the most efficient way as we scale our team. We will look to you for meaningful feedback on product, user experience, internal processes, and beyond.We are looking for a strong communicator who demonstrates the ability to prioritize, present solutions and take initiative. You listen with curiosity and a desire to learn, are patient and can see the big picture.A typical day might include running API calls to troubleshoot a customer issue, combing code to verify product behavior, updating documentation to provide clarity on said behavior, and running scripts to unblock customers. Outside of the queue, you’ll have opportunities to own projects that help our team scale and develop new skills.What You'll Do
- Research and troubleshoot API implementation questions and issues, encouraging self-service where possible
- Work with partners to ensure optimal integration health for mutual customers
- Provide early feedback on feature development, training and documentation
- Seek out and execute new ways to optimize and automate team processes and responsibilities
- Track feature requests, deeply understanding the customer use case, value and impact
- Discover, analyze and communicate gaps in the customer experience
We're looking for someone with
- Create and maintain Help Center and technical documentation to aid in customer education and self-service
- 3-5+ years of experience supporting customers, including support of a technical product
- Technical experience with APIs and building integrations between tools
- Passion and excitement for how quality customer interactions can drive business growth
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn new languages and technologies
Nice to have's
- Ability to thrive and take ownership in loosely structured environments
- Prior experience at a growth stage SaaS company.
- Prior experience supporting developers.
- Prior experience in the payments industry.
What we offer:-Competitive salary + equity package-Outstanding medical and dental benefits(we pay 100% of monthly premiums for employees + families)-Open PTO policy-Medical and dependent care FSA-Life and long-term disability insurance-Tues./Thurs. in-office days; the rest of the week work from wherever you choose-Paid lunches on in-office days-12 weeks paid family leave for all full-time employees-Company sponsored 401k-Yearly paid professional developmentDue to the sensitive nature of what Spreedly does- handling payment data- candidates must complete a successful background check. If you have concerns along those lines, please discuss with us sooner rather than later- we do not want you to waste time in the hiring process and get disqualified at the end if we can help it.Spreedly is an equal opportunity employer. We actively work to drive out even unintentional discrimination in our hiring processes via practices like blindly graded work samples and structured interviews.Thank you for your interest in our company, because of the high volume of resume flow, we will only respond to those candidates that we think will be a potential fit.
- Knowledge of and experience coding for HTTPS networking, security, web services, JSON or XML
Support Engineer – Terraform Enterprise
HashiCorp is looking for a high-caliber customer facing engineering professional to join its Support Engineering team. This is a phenomenal opportunity to join a small team and have a direct impact on HashiCorp’s fast growing business. This highly visible position will be an integral part of both the Support Engineering and Terraform teams. You are a fit if you thrive in a fast-paced culture that values essential communication, collaboration, and results. You are a self-motivated, detail-oriented individual with an eye for automation, process improvement, and problem solving.
Collaborating with the Support Engineering Manager, you will be a key member of the Customer Success organization and will directly impact customer satisfaction and success. The Support engineer will triage incoming issues related to Terraform Enterprise and independently work to find viable solutions. You will contribute to product growth and development via weekly product and marketing meetings. You will attend customer and prospect meetings as needed to help debug or install the product and is expected to be a liaison between the customer and HashiCorp engineering. When possible, the Support Engineer will update and improve product documentation, guide feature development, and implement bug fixes based on customer feedback.
- Triage and solve incoming support requests via Zendesk within SLA
- Document and record all activity and communication with customers in accordance to both internal and external security standards
- Reproduce and debug customer issues by using or building existing tooling or configuration
- Attend weekly product engineering meetings to discuss issues pertinent to support
- Collaborate with engineers, sales engineers, sales representatives, and technical account managers to schedule, coordinate, and lead customer installs or debugging calls
- Contribute to product documentation, customer knowledge base, and best practices guides
- Continuously improve process and tools for normal, repetitive support tasks
- Periodic 24/7 on-call rotation
30 days: you should be able to -
- Holistic understanding of (P)TFE and the interaction with the TF ecosystem
- Successfully perform all common work flows within Terraform Enterprise
- One contribution to extend or improve product documentation or install guides
- Ability to answer Level 1 support inquiries with minimal assistance
60 days: you should be able to -
- Effectively triage and respond to Level 1 & 2 inquiries independently
- Provision and bootstrap (P)TFE instance with low-touch from engineering
- Ride along on 1-2 live customer install calls
- Locate and unpack the customer log files. Familiarity with its contents
- Effectively search for prior similar issues within ticketing system and the knowledge base
- Author one customer knowledge base article from area of subject matter expertise
90 days: you should be able to -
- Effectively triage and respond to a production down issue with minimal assistance
- Run point on a live customer install without assistance
- Independently find points of error and identify root cause in the customer log files and report relevant details to engineering
- Implement small bug fixes or feature improvements
- Read all incoming RFCs and PRDs from Engineering
- Collaborate or comment on Engineering RFCs and PRDs
- 3+ years Support Engineering, Software Engineering, or System Administration experience
- At least 2 years in a customer facing role
- Expertise in Open Source and SaaS is a major advantage
- Excellent presence; strong written and verbal communication skills
- Upbeat, passionate, and unparalleled customer focus
- Well-organized, has excellent work ethic, pays attention to detail, and self-starting
- Experience managing and influencing change in organizations
- Strong project management skills
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails, Ember.js, Bash, or Go
- Interest in cloud adoption and technology at scale
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, Technical Writing, or equivalent professional experience
About HashiCorp and this opportunity
This is a full-time position with a highly competitive compensation and benefits package. You will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic and ambitious team. HashiCorp is a series C start-up in San Francisco that is best known for creating a suite of software tools that help enterprise companies automate their infrastructure and helps them migrate to the cloud. HashiCorp’s software suite allows users to provision, secure and run any infrastructure for any application.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
This position is remote based.
As a Support Operations Manager, you are responsible for being a technical expert in Zendesk system administration along with data and business process analysis. Additionally, you will need to be proficient across multiple other cloud-based application services. We are building world-class and industry-leading best practices to ensure our Support Engineers and Support Agents deliver unparalleled customer experiences. We are seeking a highly motivated Support Operations Manager who is organized, cool under pressure, a leader, and an innovative problem solver; someone with fantastic troubleshooting and analytical skills, well-rounded experience working in customer support or other operational roles, and is motivated by team as well as personal success. Your work mantra is to solve the problem, not the symptom.Responsibilities
- Hire, develop, and manage a team of specialists to complete projects focused on excellence in the operations of a global Support Engineering organization.
- Develop processes and execution strategy toward a Support Operations Roadmap to support the growth and scalability objectives of GitLab Support and contribute to a rolling 6-month plan in order to drive towards department and company wide initiatives.
- Own and drive projects to completion in agreement with relevant stakeholders in a cross-departmental function.
- Contribute to the administering all software systems used by GitLab’s Technical Support team (e.g. Zendesk Suite, GitLab, Slack, SFDC, Google groups, Insights/Explore, and GitLab internal systems) including user administration in accordance with written and audited security controls and configuration changes when needed.
- Develop processes to prioritize and implement configuration changes and feature deployments toward a common vision.
- Partner with coworkers, managers, and executives, as well as external partners to gather system requirements, understand business needs, and identify resources as necessary to ensure customer and employee success.
- Work with GitLab Support leadership, define workflows, practices, and standards to ensure that Support Engineers and Support Agents can deliver fast, reliable, and accurate customer support globally.
- Work with management to develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the systems and tools administered by the team; capture and report those KPIs regularly to confirm system health. Improve process and education around analysis and resolution of escalated customer and/or technical issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Drive towards becoming a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in product or process areas as needed.
- 3+ Years Customer Support or Operations experience required, preferably in a global organization.
- Zendesk Administrator or equivalent enterprise application system administration experience preferred with the ability to gain Zendesk Administrator Certification within 6 months of start date required.
- 3+ years experience managing and leading a team of people, including goal-setting and leading personal development.
- Experience implementing business processes, sufficient for regulatory and security compliance and working with auditors.
- Ability to use GitLab
- You share our values and work in accordance with those values.
- Demonstrated understanding of technical software support processes and concepts
- Experience in CRM or a related industry
- Familiarity with change management processes and risk control compliance
- Experience working on the Zendesk platform as an admin or developer
- Experience with enterprise integration tools
- Demonstrated leadership, analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills and the ability to act/decide accordingly.
- Ability to collect, synthesize, and research complex issues and diverse information.
- Exceptional customer service skills and the ability to plan organize and exercise sound judgment.
Support Operations support the global Support team to achieve the following performance indicators by ensuring we have the most efficient workflows through our applications;
- Average ticket resolution across the team
- Service Level Agreement
- Ticket deflection through docs search
Learn more about Leadership at GitLabHiring Process
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Selected candidates receive a short assessment from our Global Recruiters
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a 90 minute technical interview with a Support Engineering Manager
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a 30 minute behavioral interview with a Support Engineering Manager
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a 60 minute interview with the Director of Support
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.Compensation
The compensation for this role can be found here.Remote-TAMRemote-ATL