Remote support engineering Jobs in April 2020
2 Remote support engineering Jobs in April 2020Post a job
🔥 NEW: -50% on Remotive Community Memberships during COVID 19.Remotive Slack Community
We are 350+ employees from diverse backgrounds, that hail from more than 50 countries, and speak 15 languages. But, we all share one thing in common: we’re passionate about accelerating software innovation. Our vision is to put Nexus products at the center of every open source decision made by modern engineering organizations. We’re one of the fastest growing tech companies in America and have been named both a Deloitte Fast 500 and Inc. 5000 company three years in a row. We pride ourselves on being an open and supportive company, which is why we were named to Fast Company’s list of 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators in 2019. Learn more at www.sonatype.com.Are you interested in being part of a global Technical Support Engineering team that supports the innovation that drives open source development? Would you like to have the ability to solve customer issues without navigating multiple levels of internal bureaucracy? Would you like to work directly with product development teams and have a real impact on products used by millions of software engineers? If so, this role is for you.We are searching for another great Senior Technical Support Engineer to support our APAC customers. While this is a 100% remote role, we are looking for the Engineer to be based in New South Wales Australia.Our Support Engineers work with support and engineering team members to perform triage, the root cause analysis, debugging and troubleshooting of our product installations which are both cloud-based and on-premise. You will maintain our knowledge base of best practices, known issues, and solutions. Additionally, you will extend our support infrastructure by crafting and writing diagnostic tools and scripts. And, you will even write some code.While our Technical Support Engineers come from many different backgrounds, they have previous development and/or quality engineering experience. They thrive on the challenge of solving a variety of problems at the application, operating system, and network levels. While this is a very challenging role, there is a tremendous amount of satisfaction that comes from learning new tools and technologies. You are not going to get bored in this role!What We are Looking For
- Strong technical troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Deep understanding of operating systems (Linux, Windows, OSX, etc.).
- Knowledge of networking (Sockets, HTTP, LDAP, proxies/firewalls, SSL).
- Java thread and heap dump analysis ability.
What We Offer
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- The opportunity to be part of an incredible, high-growth company, working on a team of experienced colleagues
- Competitive salary package
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits including a stock option plan
- Business casual dress
- Flexible work schedules that ensure time for you to be you
- Our Engineering Teams work 100% remote from home based offices
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators
- Glassdoor ranking of 4.9
Sonatype is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know
- Come see why we've won all of these awards
Our Snowplow Insights offering has grown significantly over the last year, and we now orchestrate and monitor the Snowplow event pipeline for nearly 200 customers, many of them processing billions of events per month. The support that we provide to our customers is a core part of the Snowplow Insights offering, and we strive to provide the best technical support of any analytics vendor.
We have implemented a full “follow the sun” support model at Snowplow, with our six Support Engineers working in six well-distributed time zones (East & West Coast US, Canada, Spain, Portugal, Russia). We are now looking to hire an additional Support Engineer in the UTC +7 to UTC +12 time zone range.
This is a Support Engineering role - not a Support Agent role. We are looking for candidates who can learn, troubleshoot and explain the many complex technical systems that make up the Snowplow offering. We expect you to have an analytical mind, a high level of customer empathy and an enthusiasm for improving processes and systems. Depending on where your passions lie, there is a path from Support Engineering at Snowplow into Customer Success, Implementation Services, Tech Ops or Engineering.
Responsibilities for our Support Engineer will include
- Handling customer tickets in Zendesk, resolving if possible or escalating further to our Customer Success, Implementation Services, Tech Ops, Engineering or Product teams.
- Handling Snowplow pipeline incidents in OpsGenie, communicating the failure to our customers and either resolving if possible, or working with the customer and/or Snowplow teams to resolve.
- Providing help to the open-source Snowplow community in our Discourse forums.
- Working with customers on regular support tasks including: upgrading their Snowplow pipelines; sharing security best practices; enabling new Snowplow features for their account.
- Creating playbooks, documentation and software to reduce your support workload even as we add more customers.
- Collaborating with Snowplow teams on bug fixes and new features for both our open source projects and our proprietary orchestration and monitoring technology.
- Constant awareness of open and ongoing issues and actively checking and updating open tickets.
Excellent customer support is at the core of Snowplow’s commercial offering. You will join the support rotation, and take on an agreed number of evening and weekend support hours (compensated both in money and time). While the ongoing Snowplow Insights support commitment is the first priority, our Support Engineers will regularly take full days to work on projects that are strategic for the Support team or wider company.
The environment you’ll be working in
Our company values are Transparency, Honesty, Ownership, Inclusivity, Empowerment, Customer-centricity, Growth and Technical Excellence. These aren’t just words we plucked out of thin air, we came up with them together as a company and are continually looking to find new ways to weave these into our day to day operations. From flexible hours and working locations to the way we give feedback, we’re passionate about building a company that supports both company and individual development.
We’d love to get to know you if:
Data or programming is your thing! This role would be a great fit for somebody who has completed an analytically rigorous degree or programming bootcamp, or has experience in programming, QA or other automation.
You enjoy helping people. You communicate with clarity and empathy.
New programming language? You’re on it! You have a broad technical curiosity and proven technical understanding.
Broader business challenges interest you. Snowplow customers are highly technology- and data-literate, and expect Snowplow Insights support to be responsive, well-informed and always mindful of their business goals.
I have an idea! You have a passion for problem solving.
Can we automate? Yes, we can. You will be constantly working with customers and internal Snowplow teams to solve Snowplow Insights problems in as effective, time-efficient and repeatable way as possible - you must love troubleshooting.
Process makes perfect. You have a mature attitude to security, documentation and process.
Reliability is key. Snowplow Insights customers trust us with their event pipelines and AWS and GCP accounts - this is a huge responsibility and informs everything we do.
What you’ll get in return
A competitive package, including share options
25 days of holiday a year (plus bank holidays)
MacBook or Dell XPS 13/15
Freedom to work wherever suits you best
Two fantastic company Away Weeks in a different European city each year (the last one was in Bratislava in November!)
Work alongside a supportive and talented team with the opportunity to work on cutting edge technology and challenging problems
Grow and develop in a fast-moving, collaborative organisation
Convenient location in central London (Shoreditch)
Continuous supply of Pact coffee and healthy snacks in the office when you’re here!