Remote spring Jobs in February 2020
5 Remote spring Jobs in February 2020Post a job
At Railroad19, Inc., we build custom solutions and provide our clients with top tier development services. We’re a specialized team of developers and architects, which means, we only bring an “A” team to the table. Our culture is built on hard work and a desire to be thought leaders in the industry, this is what sets Railroad19 apart.
Due to continuous growth, we are currently seeking a few Cloud-Native Java Developers that are fluent in both Java 8 and Spring Boot. In addition to contributing code and tangible deliverables, you will be expected to work as an advisor to help identify, educate, and foster best-in-class solutions. Creating these relationships requires strong communication skills and a passion for solving complex challenges.
When you join Railroad19 you are part of a company that values your work and gives you the tools you need to succeed, while offering you a work/life balance. We are headquartered in Saratoga Springs, New York, but we are a distributed team of remote developers across the US.
This is a full-time position with comprehensive benefits, vacation, 401k and more. Railroad19 provides competitive compensation with excellent benefits and a great corporate culture.
The role is remote - U.S. located, only full time (NO- contractors, Corp-to-Corp or 1099).
- Understand our client's fast-moving business requirements
- Negotiate appropriate solutions with multiple stake-holders
- Write and maintain scalable enterprise quality software
- Build web applications using Spring Boot
- Build Microservices that connect to Oracle and NoSQL databases
- Build software components that integrate with a workflow engine and/or ESB to execute asynchronous business processes
- Manage the complete software development life cycle
- Writing functional and unit tests in order to maintain code quality
- Work with Jenkins to perform Continuous Integration
- Collaborate with other teams in order to deliver a high-performance application that contains little or no defects
- Identify new opportunities, tools, and services to enhance the custom software platform
- Support and troubleshoot issues (process & system), identify root cause, and proactively recommend sustainable corrective actions
Skills & Experience:
- Advanced Java development experience
- Hands-on experience with Java 8 (especially streaming collections and functional interfaces)
- Hands-on experience with NoSQL technologies is a plus
- Hands-on experience with Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, and Netflix OSS is a plus
- Hands-on experience with Oracle, MySQL, ETL
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn new technologies and takes pride in delivering working software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience participating on an agile team
- Is self-directed and can effectively contribute with little supervision
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or another technical discipline; or equivalent work experience
Working at Railroad19, Inc.:
- Competitive salaries
- Excellent Health Care, Dental and Vision benefits
- 3 weeks’ vacation, 401K match eligibility, work-life balance
This is a non-management position
This is a full-time position
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Here at Crisp, we value the strength in teamwork, and strongly believe that it’s the key to Crisp’s success. By bringing together bright, motivated creators, wherever they live and work, we are leveraging humanity’s diversity of experience and background in order to understand the challenges facing our food supply, and solve them together. Come join us, and help build the type of business you’d like to be a part of.
We are a socially conscious, distributed team. We give you the opportunity to solve challenges in the global food industry while living where you’re most comfortable and working in areas where you can help foster and grow the community that you are a part of.
As a member of the first few engineering teams at Crisp you have will have the unique opportunity to take products from concept to production as we build towards our goal of becoming the global technology platform for the food industry. You will work closely with the co-founder team and be part of not just defining and implementing our technology and product strategy, but also the way we work together as we scale our company.
Signs of a great candidate
- Collaborative. You know that your colleagues’ perspectives will make our customers successful. Similarly, you use your strengths to help us grow together. You propose ways for us to be more engaged and successful with our customers.
- Customer focused. Our customers are at the forefront of your day. You prioritize our customers’ voice to ensure their needs are met.
- Ambitious, curious, and resourceful. You are innately curious, and you aren’t afraid to work hard. You are self driven, you take direction well but are able to be creative to find results on your own when asked. You are driven to succeed because your hard work and results make you proud.
- Disciplined and reliable. We are a distributed company and you enjoy the benefits of working distributed while consistently delivering what you have committed to. When you hit a snag, you communicate and reset expectations early.
- Appreciative of honest feedback. You know that the best way to learn and grow is through constructive feedback delivered kindly. You view feedback given to you as an opportunity to get better and strive to do the same for others.
- Work smarter and harder. You often identify a problem, create a solution and bring it to a state of completion - with others, or even on your own. You find ways of eliminating or automating stuff that is uninteresting or wasteful.
Crisp’s Backend Tech Stack
- Statically typed, modern languages. We use Kotlin and TypeScript. Knowledge of these specific technologies is not a requirement. If you’re willing to learn, we’re willing to help you along the way.
- Continuous deployment. Code is never far from being deployed to production, because if it’s not in production, it’s not solving problems in the real world. Our branch time spans are short, and features under development are hidden behind feature flags.
- JVM based back-end. The JVM has a robust, rich ecosystem of libraries and tools that we’re leveraging to help us focus on building solutions, not tool-chains.
- Cloud first. As a services offering in the 21st century, the cloud isn’t the future, it’s the present. We’re fully invested in using the features offered by our cloud provider in order to minimize technical debt and maximize productivity.
- Micro-services. Not for the sake of the buzz, but when they make sense. By adopting a modern, thoughtful services architecture we’re able to scale organizationally, reduce technical debt, and maintain a high, sustained velocity.
- Start-up mode. The team is still small, and the product is fresh. You’ll be able to exert a large amount of influence, and contribute to decisions that will determine the future of the product and the team.
We are building a team of developers with a breadth of combined experiences so that we can collaboratively build great products. There are no hard requirements on specific background, experience or geographical location. Instead we’re looking for individuals that are capable, reliable, and hoping to grow along with us. Do you have strengths you can share? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
At Railroad19, Inc. we develop customized software solutions and provide software development services.
We are currently seeking a talented Sr. Front-End Developer (React focused) with a full stack awareness, to join our world-class team of developers assigned to work on a new project. This role will be responsible for contributing to the development and implementation of the front-end solution for our client. In addition to contributing code and tangible deliverables, the role is expected to work as an adviser to help identify, educate, and foster best-in-class solutions. Creating these relationships requires strong communication skills and some travel to the customer.
At Railroad19, you are part of a company that values your work and gives you the tools you need to succeed. We are headquartered in Saratoga Springs, New York, but we are a distributed team of remote developers across the US. Railroad19 provides competitive compensation with excellent benefits and a great corporate culture.
The role is remote - U.S. located, only full time (NO- contractors, Corp-to-Corp or 1099).
- Foster strong relationships with key stakeholders and provide expertise as well as customer service to meet a wide variety of requirements
- Quickly provide insight and options to front-end challenges
- Collaborate with Product Managers and business teams to create consumer-like, elegant, intuitive experience for enterprise users
- Contribute both technically and in an advisory role to projects
- Develop and manage extensible, stable code bases for a variety of applications
- Provide front-end architecture and aesthetic thought leadership
- Stay current with the fast-changing landscape of React
- Evaluate frameworks, technology, platforms, and tooling solutions
- Support and troubleshoot issues (process & system), identify root cause, and proactively implement sustainable corrective actions
Skills & Experience:
- Significant experience with the React eco system (Flux, Flow, Redux, routing, etc)
- Experience front-end tooling workflows: Node.js (NPM), WebPack, Create React App, Flow, Babel, TypeScript, etc
- Strong understanding of debugging for the browser
- Experience with Responsive Web Design (RWD) patterns
- Can-do Ability to work on other technology as needed
- Experience with unidirectional data flow patterns
- Full Stack awareness, but this role is front-end based
- Experience with data integration; understanding/experience with RESTful API design and/or WebSockets
- Working in an Agile environment
- Strong team-building, vendor and customer relations skills
- GIT and GitHub
- Strong communication skills (wireframes, rapid prototypes, PoC’s, white boarding)
- Experience maintaining and extending a style guide for scalability and cross application usage
Nice to Have, but not Required
- React Native
- WebWorkers experience
- ServiceWorkers experience
- Experience using TypeScript 2.x
- Experience with RxJS or other Reactive programming techniques/libraries
- PWA experience
NB: No recruiters or companies. We only deal with individuals.
Are you looking to work on challenging projects, with a motivated team, while building technology that can change the world? Do you want to join an award winning startup in their scale-up phase? Do you want to give students all over the world access to a prosperous future? Do you want to work with large distributed systems, machine learning, web crawling, and other interesting technology?
Wizenoze is a growth-stage startup building software that enables students to find content online that matches their interests and abilities. Our mission is to help close the global Readability Gap. You’ll be responsible for envisioning, developing, and testing products that will improve how students discover and interact with the online world. Read more here about our mission.
We’re looking for a senior backend developer with 8+ years experience in Java, Spring, REST APIs, Elasticsearch, and other web tech based in Amsterdam or remote within the +-2 GMT timezones. You need to be passionate and self-motivated with a drive to continually improve yourself, your code, and your colleagues. You need to hold yourself and your colleagues to the highest standards to deliver the best quality products possible!
We are an international team of educators, scientists, and developers in child-computer interaction and machine learning. We love proactiveness, ownership, and flexibility. Our HQ is in Amsterdam, our strategic office is in London but we come from all over the world: South Africa, Hungary, the UK and the Netherlands. We work as a distributed team with plenty of remote work support via Asana, Hangouts, Slack, etc. Our development team is smart, small and close-knit, making communication easy without an overload of process and management. We have lots of combined experience and do not settle for mediocre code. We focus on agile development, automated testing, and continuous deployment to get code to customers as quickly as possible while maintaining the highest quality.
What do we offer?
Access to the latest technology and algorithms (e.g. from academia);
Work on an innovative product that will be used internationally;
Work with experienced and innovative engineers and a professional team;
An excellent growth perspective;
A technically innovative company with multiple opportunities;
A flexible working environment;
An office in downtown Amsterdam;
Well-supported remote work with Slack, Github, Asana, Hangouts, Jenkins CI, AWS, Heroku, etc. tools.
You’ll be responsible for:
building and maintaining highly-scalable APIs in Java with Spring;
making academic algorithms perform at a commercial level using state of the art machine learning and natural language processing;
improving our web crawler and integrations with client content;
enhancing our search engine based on Elasticsearch;
mentoring and coaching other developers on code quality and architecture;
and keeping our cloud-based architecture running smoothly using devops techniques.
Fluent in English
8+ years proven experience delivering and maintaining production software
Writing web backends in Java with Spring, RDBMS, Elasticsearch, etc. on an AWS stack.
REST API development. HTTP, JSON, etc.
Used to development workflows with git and github.
Comfortable communicating and collaborating on designs remotely using diagrams, video conferencing, instant messaging, prototypes, etc.
Linux administration and shell scripting.
Friendly and helpful to tech and non-tech team members.
Keen eye for detail and code quality.
Must be able to think of edge cases and errors to be able to write good unit and integration tests, and to test by hand to make sure new code is production-ready.
Any other languages: Groovy, Bash, Python, Ruby, Go, etc.
JPA, Hibernate, Flyway
Devops techniques like continuous integration and delivery, zero-downtime deployments, clustering, queues, failover, redundancy, automated and validated backups, etc. See 12factor.net.
Managing multiple environments such as production, staging, load testing, etc.
Monitoring, alerts, error reporting and metrics. Prometheus, Grafana, Graylog, etc.
Amazon Web Services:
IAM, security groups, bastion hosts
Curious. Able to learn and apply new concepts and tools rapidly
Attention to detail
Take pride in your work
Take responsibility for your work throughout its lifecycle
High degree of personal responsibility over designated duties
Consistent and organised
Timely and eloquent communicator
Focused on helping the team win, before personal gain
Open to receiving objective criticism and improving upon it
Like to work in a startup environment
NB: No recruiters or companies. We only deal with individuals.
Please apply for this job by sending your resume, a brief cover letter, and your portfolio to [email protected] with subject “Senior Java backend developer IARTP”.
Owl Labs is an award-winning collaborative technology company and maker of the Meeting Owl and Meeting Owl Pro, the first 360° conferencing devices powered by AI and predictive technology. Backed by $22.3M in funding and used by over 25,000 companies globally, Owl Labs is focused on making collaboration simpler and meetings smarter.
We’re looking for a Customer Marketer to come help us strengthen and grow our customer brand. Do you love helping customers be successful? Are you a master at clear and concise communication? Are automation tools your best friend? If so, we want you to come be an integral part of the Customer Experience team and help us cultivate the happiest, most successful, and most valuable customers.
As our Customer Marketer, you’ll:
Have a serious content creation muscle and love to write. From nurture streams to customer newsletters, you’ll be able to communicate clearly and concisely.
Apply a full-stack marketer mindset. You’ll understand all the marketing tools at your fingertips (email, content, paid ads, events, communities) and tap internal teams for help or make it happen yourself.
Be the voice of the customer throughout the organization. Working together with customer success and support, marketing, and product, you’ll deeply understand our customer personas and make sure their successes and challenges are heard.
Exemplify empathy in everything you do. You’ll be a key ambassador of our customer brand and lead by example.
Use data to make decisions. You’ll bring new ideas and strategies to the table and know how to measure their success.
The best candidates will have:
A track record of high achievement
Grit, muscle, and a go-getter attitude
Strong customer empathy and deep commitment to customer success
A “no job is too small” mentality
The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment with peers who challenge you to be better
The desire to meet and exceed measurable performance goals
A naturally curious mindset
Some preferred qualifications:
3+ years of experience in a content creation or brand communications role. Experience working with customers directly is a bonus.
Experience working in a CRM
More info about us:
Owl Labs is currently headquartered in Somerville, MA but we are moving to the North Station area of Boston this Spring. This role can be on-site or join the ~30% of our workforce who work remotely. Please specify in your location preference in your application and also submit a cover letter explaining why you think you’d be a great fit as our Customer Marketer.
Owl Labs is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We are committed to providing accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know!
Are you interested in applying for this position? Submit your resume, cover letter, and LinkedIn profile to [email protected] and someone from the Owl Labs team will be in touch.