Remote ruby Jobs in February 2020
38 Remote ruby Jobs in February 2020Post a job
Rev is only looking to hire French Speaking applicants for now!
- Here is the job description, in French: 🇫🇷🥖
- Nous recherchons des développeurs full-stack ou front-end avec au moins cinq ans d'expérience.
- Notre équipe est remote-first.
- Nous recherchons des développeurs qui sont pragmatiques et qui ont de l'empathie pour leurs utilisateurs (les comptables et leurs clients) avant tout.
- Nous recherchons des développeurs qui parlent français et qui sont en mesure de comprendre les grands principes du système comptable français.
- Here is the job description, in French: 🇫🇷🥖
About Visitor Queue:
Visitor Queue is an advanced B2B lead generation software that has partnered with Google Analytics to allow organizations across the globe to identify the companies that have visited their website. Over the past 2 years, we have grown our user base to over 5000 companies including, Microsoft and Jones Lang Lassalle. An establishing leader in our category, we have over 150 positive reviews and a 90%+ rating on G2 Crowd and Capterra. We are a fast-growing Startup looking to establish further dominance in the lead generation and marketing analytics space.
In order to continue our growth, we are looking to add a fulltime intermediate software developer to work remotely with the support of our current team. If you’re a hardworking, code assassin, then this is the role for you!
About the Role:
The successful candidate will be an integral part of our technology department, which currently includes 3 software developers (1 fractional CTO, 1 Senior Developer and 1 Front-end Developer). They will be responsible for the continued development of our application, website, integrations, and people.
Build out additional features, integrations and capabilities
Work with our current team to further the technical capabilities of the company
Develop new integrations with complementary software
Solve any support tickets and bugs logged by the support team
Daily check-ins and weekly scrums
3-5 years of experience
Proficient in HTML, CSS, JS, Ruby on Rails, SQL
Proficient in PostgreSQL (e.g., understanding of stored procedures, triggers, CTE)
Very comfortable with Git and GitHub
Ability to communicate (verbal and written) clearly, accurately and eloquently in English
Hardworking with the ability to easily adapt to changing circumstances
Interested in growing and expanding their current abilities in a fun environment
Knowledgeable about test-driven development (TDD), behaviour driven development (BDD) and debugging
Visitor Queue is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in any part of the recruitment and/or assessment process, please inform us of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
If you are interested in apply for this position, please email a resume and link to your LinkedIn profile to Nick Hollinger, CEO - [email protected]
At Podia, we’re building the best platform on the planet for creators to sell online courses, memberships and digital downloads.
We’ve been around for a few years, have helped creators earn millions, and we’re growing fast…
That’s where you come in 😉
We’re looking for a full-stack Rails developer with a propensity for modern frontend development — you’ll be happy writing Ruby but can also turn around and wrangle a Webpack config file or refactor some hairy React code.
You’ll help us ship faster, get more done and make big improvements to our platform
What you’ll work on:
- Expanding the breadth and depth of our product features 🏗️
- Polishing our existing features to improve our users’ experience 🖌️
- Bugs happens… you’ll help us resolve them 🐛
- Refactoring the internals to keep the code easy to work with 🔨
- Improving our test suite to give us more confidence to ship 🚨
- Writing and maintaining payment and API integrations 📇
Here are some of the technologies we use:
- Ruby on Rails
- React, for the occasional feature that requires it
- Webpacker, Bootstrap, and npm to manage our UI code
- Redis, for caching and background queues
- Sidekiq for background processing
- Heroku for hosting the app
- We also maintain integrations with many third-party APIs (PayPal, Stripe, Zapier and Drip, just to name a few)
You probably don’t have experience in all these technologies, and that’s okay! Rails is the core of our tech stack and you’ll also bring other experience to the role.
Some other things you should be comfortable with:
- Multiple competing (and sometimes shifting) priorities 😅
- Communicating your work clearly in Slack, GitHub pull requests, or a pairing session ✍️
- Lending a hand to your teammates (and customers) when the need arises. We’re tightly knit and supporting each other is a huge priority ✨
- Learning quickly, and developing confidently—because nothing is “someone else’s job” 🦝
- Staying calm under pressure. You remain cool even when Rollbar errors are pouring into slack, background jobs die, and the app grinds to a halt 🆘
- Working remotely. Our team is spread across North America and Western Europe (you should be in one of those two regions), and our headquarters is Slack 🌎
Why work at Podia?
- Ultimate flexibility. We try to have some overlap time every day, but outside of that work whenever & wherever you work best 🗺️
- Extreme autonomy. No micro-managing here. You’ll be given high-level direction and then left to solve it the way you feel is best. You’re the expert! 📚
- That said, the rest of the team is always ready to lend a hand — or even an ear if you just need to rubber duck some ideas 💡
- You get to work with a small, highly-talented team that has built — and continues to build — our product with care.We’re not one of those “hire all the devs!” organizations that tries to grow too quickly 🎨
- Whether it’s fixes, small tweaks, or substantial features, we deploy often. There’s zero red tape to slow you down 🚀
- We have a rapidly growing base of passionate customers. Your work will be seen and appreciated by many people❤️
- Competitive compensation. We want to hire the best people, and we’re ready to pay for them 💰
- Great benefits including three weeks paid vacation (plus another week during the December holidays), sabbaticals every three years, professional development credit, paid family leave, and more 😃
- (Paid for) annual retreats to spend time with the team and have fun together. This year’s retreat is in Washington, DC! ✈️
Interested in joining our team?
We’d love to chat 😃
We’ll ask for professional references (both a co-worker and a manager) from any finalist candidates.
Rev is only looking to hire French Speaking applicants for now!
- Here is the job description, in French: 🇫🇷🥖
- Nous recherchons des développeurs full-stack ou front-end avec au moins cinq ans d'expérience.
- Notre équipe est remote-first.
- Here is the job description, in French: 🇫🇷🥖
The Full Stack Web Developer (FSD) will be responsible for designing and developing a web-based biomechanics analysis platform tailored specifically for the company’s markerless motion capture and video data. The aim of this project is to develop a web-based platform, accessed through the company’s website, to aid front office personnel, coaching staff, and players in the analysis, visualization, and reporting of KinaTrax’s data. Additionally, the FSD will support future web development initiatives of the company.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The FSD performs the major functions listed below. The position may require additional duties/responsibilities that may not be outlined below, and specific functions are subject to change.
Designing and developing a web-based biomechanical analysis platform tailored specifically for use with the company’s markerless motion capture and video data.
Developing front end website architectures.
Designing user interactions on web pages.
Developing back end website applications.
Creating servers and databases for functionality.
Ensuring cross-platform optimization for mobile devices.
Ensuring responsiveness of applications.
Working alongside biomechanists and data scientists for core functionality.
Working alongside graphic designers for web design features.
Designing and developing APIs.
Troubleshooting, debugging, and upgrading software.
Designing and developing security and data protection measures.
Seeing through a project from conception to finished product.
Meeting both technical and consumer needs.
Writing technical documentation.
Staying abreast of developments in web technology.
Supporting the company’s future web development initiatives.
Designing and developing unit tests.
Participating in code reviews.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
The following qualifications are the minimum requirements necessary to successfully perform this role. However, any equivalent combination of experience, education and training, which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities, would be acceptable, subject to any legal and/or regulatory requirements.
Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent disciplines.
Proficiency with ASP.NET Core and familiarity with other server-side languages such as Python, Ruby, Java, and PHP.
Proficiency with MySQL and familiarity with other database technologies such as MSSQL, Oracle and MongoDB.
Proficiency with Microsoft Visual Studio.
Proficiency with web servers, such as IIS and Apache, and UI/UX design.
Experience in software engineering practices, including but not limited to software design and implementation, unit testing, code reviews, continuous integration, source control, and coding standards compliance.
Experience with Git is preferred.
Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a solution-based service process.
Experience troubleshooting and responding to customer concerns.
Proven record of being reliable and accountable for all aspects of their job.
Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical issues in an easy to understand manner.
Ability to work in a fast-paced, self-directed, entrepreneurial environment.
Resourceful, with the ability to work independently.
Strong time management skills.
Ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
Decision-making, problem resolution and creative thinking skills.
Attention to detail.
Ability to multi-task activities with shifting priorities. Able to work productively in a pressurized environment.
Ethical and trustworthy.
Extended periods of computer usage.
Occasional travel to meet with clients.
None required. Remote work.
KinaTrax develops a markerless motion capture system that analyzes the motions of a baseball pitcher and hitter in-game. The system is installed in more than 24 ballparks throughout the country, and is utilized by multiple professional baseball teams for the purposes of assessing and enhancing player performance and preventing injuries. The company was founded in 2015 and is headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida.
Compensation: $80,000 – $120,000
Benefits: Health Insurance, Retirement plan
Experience: Senior level
Functions: Full Stack Web Development
Industries: Biomechanics, Baseball
Who We Are
Our mission is to improve the future of work by helping people find flexible jobs that make their lives better. We are committed to doing this internally and externally with integrity, intelligence, balance, communication, and care.
In the past 13 years, FlexJobs has established itself as the leader in the professional flexible job market to help job seekers connect with employers that offer these highly desired arrangements, as well as to help employers reach these candidates. We do this in a way that makes the job search experience easier, safer, and faster for job seekers, by utilizing both technology and human intelligence to provide a friendly, effective, and valuable service.
In terms of work flexibility, we also walk the talk! This is a remote job, as our entire team works remotely from locations all across the United States. Not only that, but having a great company culture is really important to us, and we’ve even been named one of Outside magazine’s Best Places to Work (2019) and Best Company Culture by Entrepreneur magazine (2018, 2017, and 2015).
Responsibilities of the Job - The Opportunity
We are looking for an experienced iOS developer to join our team. This person will work with our product and development teams to build quality applications, fix bugs, maintain the code, and implement updates as needed.
The ideal candidate will have been a lead app developer or be someone who worked independently. We are looking for someone who has built apps that are currently available in the App Store.
3-5 years of experience in iOS development
Fluent in Swift, SwiftUI, and UIKit
Experience with mobile app networking, storage, and Cocoapods
Must have worked on recent consumer-facing projects
Experience working with a small and/or entrepreneurially spirited company
Bonus Points Given
Experience in the job/employment space
Experience with subscription-based apps
Experience with Ruby on Rails
Traits and Skills for This Role
Must be comfortable working independently and in small teams
Ability to work quickly and responsibly to meet deadlines and follow timelines
You have to really love coding...like, you need to be one of those people who writes code for fun
Traits Required of All Team Members, You Included
A sense of pride in your work
A streak of perfectionism when it comes to details
Being highly organized, responsible, and ethical
Being proactive when it comes to asking questions, brainstorming, and working with colleagues
Excellent time management and organizational skills
An appreciation and enthusiasm for the ability to work remotely
Interest in a long-term position with a company that you’re proud to be a part of
A fully functioning home office with a reliable development environment
A workspace in which you can really focus without distractions
Skylight (https://skylight.digital/) is at the forefront of a civic movement to reinvent how the government serves the public in a digital world.
Were looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our talented team of technologists in driving this movement forward.
Youll be a key part of our small, but rapidly growing team, which consists of former Presidential Innovation Fellows, founders of 18F, and members of the U.S. Digital Service.
We work in small, fast, agile teams to create exceptional customer experiences and enduring solutions out of the governments most complex design and technology challenges. The work is challenging, but highly rewarding.
We focus on supporting you in a variety of ways:
- Competitive salary
- Opportunities for an economic stake in the company's success
- Performance bonuses, referral bonuses, publication bonuses, and public speaking bonuses
- Medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, dependent care FSA, healthcare FSA, and health savings account
- Dollar-for-dollar 401(k) match up to 10% of your salary
- Flexible paid-time-off policy (minimum of 29 days), which covers any type of leave (such as holiday, sick, and vacation) that you need or want to take
- Minimum of 9 weeks paid time off for all eligible new birth, adoption, or foster parents
- Annual $2,000 professional development allowance
- Annual budget of up to $750 for tech-related purchases
- Access up to $1,000 before payday to cover emergency expenses
- Incentives for living in a HUBZone area (https://maps.certify.sba.gov/hubzone/map), including relocation assistance and a monthly stipend to help offset the cost of rent or mortgage
- Remote-friendly work environment
- An environment that empowers you to unleash your superpowers for public good
We participate in E-Verify and upon hire, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
We're an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
Skills & requirements
What you’ll do:
Engineer an incredible experience for developers who are working in web-based environments such as Ruby, Python, Java, and Node.js through automation, virtualization, and process improvement
Achieve technical excellence by advocating for and adhering to lean-agile engineering principles and practices such as simple design and automated testing
Represent Skylight's culture of delivery when interacting with government stakeholders and other contractors
What we’re looking for:
Expertise in the areas of version control, deployment automation, continuous integration, test automation, monitoring, proactive notification, and “shift-left security”
Able to deploy and configure services using infrastructure as a service providers such as Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure
Able to solve problems using scripting and programming skills
Able to administer Linux-based systems, as well as Apache-based web servers
Experience with Elasticsearch and Docker
Experience creating secure systems while enhancing the privacy of all system users
Experience working within a multidisciplinary, agile team format
A mindset and work approach that aligns with our core values (https://skylight.digital/culture)
Ability to travel from time to time
We didn’t create Bold Penguin because commercial insurance is broken. It isn’t. But as the world has gotten more connected and digitized, commercial insurance lags behind—creating a fragmented landscape where businesses, agents, and insurance companies struggle to interact in a smooth and easy way. That’s why we’ve built a highly efficient exchange that cuts the friction out of commercial insurance by connecting everyone to the right quote in record time.
Powering the world of insurance is no small feat, so we’ve brought on a team that's not only incredibly talented but also passionate about our potential to upgrade the entire industry. As more and more companies big and small depend on our technology to operate in the commercial insurance space, we’ll need the best talent all around to support our growth. That’s why we’re looking at you (yes, you!) to make a bold move and join our adventure.
As a Cloud & Site Reliability Engineer, you will be a subject matter expert in building highly reliable, highly scalable features and infrastructure. You’ll use DevOps principles to ensure that Bold Penguin’s software systems are always available and ready to scale to meet growing demands.
What You’ll Do
- Ensure the reliability, performance, and availability of our platform by working as part of a cross-functional product team
- Participate in agile ceremonies such as iteration planning, retrospective, and daily standups
- Be part of the shared on-call rotation and proactively research possible issues affected the availability of our platform
- Understand and clearly articulate tradeoffs in architecture decisions with regards to cost, security, operational efficiencies, performance, and availability
- Build and maintain infrastructure with executable code (IaC) and automated delivery pipelines
- Be passionate about Cloud/DevOps/SRE concepts such as Immutable Infrastructure, Cattle vs Pets, Infrastructure as Code, Delivery Pipelines
Skills & Qualifications
- Deep, hands-on expertise with AWS Cloudformation and other Infrastructure as Code tools
- Experience with Amazon Web Services; specifically EC2, ECS, ELB, CodePipeline, RDS, Redshift, S3, IAM, and Lambda
- Ability to articulate Cloud & DevOps concepts to a variety of technical & non-technical team members
- Bonus points for expertise in implementing security & compliance frameworks such as SOC/2, NIST 800-53, and NIST 800-171 especially in Amazon Web Services
- Bonus points for AWS Certifications
- Bonus points for familiarity with microservices architectures, Ruby on Rails and/or ETL tools such as Fivetran.
- Experience working at technology companies and startups desirable
- 2-4 years + of working remote, full time, and/or with full time co-located teams across different time zones.
- Full-stack expertise in multiple tiers of modern web applications (e.g. front end, back end, infrastructure, etc.)
- Open-source contributions and/or speaking experience.
- Previous work experience in insurance and/or experience with policy rating very desirable.
- You love Penguins! ;P
TRAVEL TO THE "GLACIER" (please read)
- We are firm proponents of "seeing eye to eye by meeting face to face". As such, our remote team travels in once a quarter for a full day of collaboration, goal setting, team building, etc. Are you able to make this work? In addition to this we also ask that, if hired, you are able to make the first week onsite for onboarding/training.
- For a healthy colony.
- Our plan covers 50% of your Medical Premiums – Health - HRA, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, as well as Short & Long Term Disability (Trust us, the benefits are great!
- Penguins plan for the future.
- 401k Match program, up to 4%!
- Parental Leave
- 16 weeks of parental leave (your kids need you there!)
- Need a vacation?
- Unlimited PTO - Please take a vacation - you need it and we applaud it and in fact we require you take 10 days off!
- Hungry? Thirsty?
- We offer free snacks and drinks, as well as catered lunch every Monday (even to our remote employees...nomb nomb nomb)
- Penguins need to learn!
- We support your professional growth. Certifications, training, memberships, and conferences are actively encouraged—and often covered.
- Penguins are social creatures and love to play!
- We have frequent happy hours, company events, and outings. What kind of company would we be if we didn't have some fun!?!?
- Penguins give back.
- We offer volunteer opportunities every month! There is no better feeling than giving back =)
- Don’t want to move to Columbus?
- We offer up to 100% remote engineers!
- You must be OK visiting the office for a day or two every quarter - we are all about that camaraderie!
Penguins believe in inclusion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer that considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, beak size, or inability to fly.
We’re building new ways to interact with WordPress. They’re simple, fast, and highly usable. They’re written in the latest web technologies and are used by millions of people. We want your help to expand our reach and keep our approach fresh.
What have we worked on recently?
- Gutenberg is a new block-level editor with clean abstractions for users, too, not just developers.
- Jetpack is a plugin that brings cloud-scale features to self-hosted sites and our latest addition is Rewind, think git for WordPress sites.
- WooCommerce is the most popular e-commerce platform on the web
- To view more of our recent work, check out our longer product list on Automattic.com.
How do we work?
- We’re kind to each other and our users – we strive to build a positive, supportive, and inclusive culture of cohesive teams focused on delivering value to our customers.
- We work as a global and distributed workforce resulting in a unique way of working built around our creed.
- We offer flexible work arrangements allowing our team members to work when they feel best.
- We open-source! We’re cool with open-sourcing everything except passwords, or secret keys.
- We ship often, deploying many times daily with the help of peer code review, continuous integration, and our global workforce in over 70 countries.
- We welcome collaboration, and you can be involved in any discussion across our many communication channels.
- Familiarity with a server-side language like PHP, Ruby, or Python.
- A real passion for crafting experiences that users rave about.
- The ability to iterate and ship ideas quickly, with maximum autonomy and teammates ready to support you.
- WordPress programming experience.
- Open source contributions or contributions to programs designed to help underrepresented people enter the tech field.
- Experience working on accessibility.
- Data analysis experience, and understanding of how analytics can help with product decisions.
- Knowledge of tooling and build systems.
Speaking of interests and skills, here are some areas in which you can grow and have further impact in the future at the company:
- Leadership – we offer a variety of leadership options to those who have interest, including becoming a team lead and managing releases.
- Learning and development – we have a generous personal development budget and encourage you to grow your skills through courses, books and conferences.
- Architecture – we encourage developers to develop expertise in the systems they work with, guide their evolution and mentor other developers working on them.
- Engineering effectiveness – we believe in helping other developers become more effective through tools, practices, cross-team collaborations, and process improvements.
Diversity & Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our D&I committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly D&I People Lab series for further learning. Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Read more about our dedication to diversity and inclusion.
How to Apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, please send a short email to [email protected] telling us about yourself and attach a résumé as a PDF. Let us know what you can contribute to the team. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject. Of note, if you apply for multiple positions or send multiple emails there will be one reply.
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please ensure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.
What to Expect
We know applying to jobs can be stressful and we want to ease the stress by giving clear expectations up front about what to expect from our process. We’ve outlined everything you need to know here including all of the steps in the process as well as how we approach hiring. We’re always iterating so if you happen to join us in the process, please feel free to offer feedback on what else we can include there!
Hubstaff is a fast-growing startup in the time tracking and project management space that fully embraces remote work. You work when and where you want. We care a lot about our culture, having fun while working hard, and our annual retreats.
Here's a video from our last retreat that shows what it's like to work for Hubstaff. https://hubstaff.wistia.com/medias/9pyt01aemt
We are looking for a senior full-stack engineer who has several years of experience in both React and Ruby on Rails to join our passionate development team and work on our up and coming task management product.
The correct person will take pride in their work, have extreme attention to detail, and be able to get their hands dirty implementing Rails controllers, React components, and doing HTML & CSS front-end work.
This position will report to our Tasks team lead and work closely with our other engineers. You’ll be able to work 100% remotely. We are looking for someone that can grow with our team for years to come.
This is a long-term (years, our hope is forever) full-time (40 hrs/wk) 1099 (hourly) contract role. Some of the benefits of working for us is our company-hosted annual retreat, work where you want (cafe, co-working location, your home, anywhere), don't have to ask for permission when you want to take time off, get to dedicate yourself to one project at a time, and have job security and a career path for years to come (we've run the company using positive cash flow from day one and are carefully growing the team and business).
You’ll be a good fit if you:
- Are self-disciplined and have a great work ethic
- Have good time management skills
- Communicate well
- Can work until at least 1pm EST M - F
- Like having a consistent daily work schedule
- Have at least three years of React and five years of Ruby on Rails experience
Front-end Development Requirements:
- React & Redux
- Highly skilled with HTML & CSS
Backend Development Requirements:
- Ruby on Rails
- Postgres or MySQL
- Unit tests (rspec, Jest, etc.)
- Background workers (Sidekiq)
- Working from design docs/specifications & wireframes
- Service workers architecture
We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We build highly scalable systems that process trillions of data points every day to provide real time alerts, visualizations, log aggregations, and application traces for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The APM Team at Datadog provides mission critical application health and performance monitoring for customers of all sizes and industries. We’re taking a new approach to APM with distributed tracing and seamless integration with Datadog’s Infrastructure and Logs products.
We are looking for an expert Ruby engineer experienced with Ruby language internals who can help push our tracing tools to the next level. Come and join us to build amazing open source software!
- Write code that instruments thousands of Ruby applications around the world.
- You’ll help drive our open source Ruby projects and engage with the community to find and address the most important challenges.
- Join a great team building software the right way
- You’re a master Ruby programmer. You think in blocks, faced the GIL limitations many times and you know there is more to Ruby than Rails. You’ve written piles of clean, correct, well-tested, performant, idiomatic Ruby code.
- You are a great community ambassador and can drive hard technical conversations towards a good solution.
- You have solid experience with widely used frameworks and libraries like Rails, Sinatra, Grape, Sidekiq or ActiveRecord.
- You want to work in a fast, high growth startup environment.
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a STEM field or equivalent experience.
- You have experience with JRuby and how it works in the JVM.
- You’ve played with eventmachine.
- You have have experience with code telemetry and introspection.
Articulate is looking for a Security Engineer to join our team.We’re makers. We build delightful systems and tools that empower our engineering teams to move quickly, safely, and reliably. Join us in building secure e-learning for millions of learners across Rise.com and Articulate 360.We need a special person who thrives in an environment of freedom. You might be our person if you can work largely self-directed from home and have hands-on experience securing cloud platforms.Responsibilities:
- Build and improve on our intrusion detection monitoring to help us get deeper and more actionable threat insight.
- Improve our security posture across our products, AWS infrastructure, and Kubernetes.
- Make recommendations on security best practices and be on the lookout for things we should be doing better.
- Remediate known vulnerabilities using tools like Twistlock, GitHub, and various AWS security services.
- Work with your team to implement changes for compliance purposes (SOC 2, FedRAMP, ISO 27001).
- Contribute to building a healthy culture of shared security responsibility across engineering and the larger organization.
- You have a growth mindset and a deep passion for continuous learning.
- You’ve built or overseen IDS and/or DLP implementation at a previous job and can make informed recommendations to our team based on our needs.
- You have a solid understanding of the AWS security tool landscape and have the know-how to use these tools to address security needs.
- You’re a doer. You’re in your element when writing code or building systems to deal with security concerns.
About ArticulateArticulate is a highly successful, fully remote software company that’s changing the way the world learns. Our award-winning e-learning tools are used by 98,000+ organizations across the globe to create engaging online and mobile courses. Our customers include 93 of the Fortune 100 and 19 of the top 20 U.S. universities. And our online community of 800,000+ members is the largest, fastest-growing community in the industry.We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We’re all free to exercise our crafts the best way we know how to reach our goals as individuals and teams. Each and every one of us is focused on producing results that directly impact the company’s success. And we all strive to do what’s right by people, both internally and externally, instead of taking the shortest route to the highest profits.We honor people’s humanity in all of our disparate experiences and social locations, accepting each person as an individual with a story worth listening to and honoring. We believe that honoring everyone’s humanity means being committed to equity and justice. We welcome different voices and viewpoints and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applicants to voluntarily disclose their race and gender on our application form to help us create a diverse company. This voluntarily disclosed information will not be shared with any hiring manager and will be kept in confidence by the Articulate human resources department and executives who are not hiring for this position.
- You’re skilled in the art of troubleshooting systems. You can grasp both the problem at hand and the historical context of it. You also make smart decisions about how to move forward on a problem and make the system better and more reliable for your team.
Theorem is a team of experts who set sound principles and best practices into action. Our team solves complex problems and builds amazing things for some of the largest global household names. We work with team members around the world and have offices in LA and New York. While this is a remote first role, initially, the position will require at least bi-monthly travel to the UK. Candidates closer to major travel airport hubs will be given priority. You must be authorized to work in the United States.
As Software Solutions Architect, you are a polyglot engineer with a hunger for learning new languages and tools. You see yourself as a maker and you are interested in all steps of the process, from understanding the challenge, to designing, developing and deploying.
As a consulting Software Solutions Architect, you are always happy to be learning, choosing the right tool for the job but also becoming the foremost domain expert about our client’s business. You should always be able to answer the question: What have I learned this week?
Responsibilities and Duties
In this role, you will participate in the full life cycle of application development for our clients with duties including but not limited to:
- Assist the sales team with uncovering and understanding technical requirements and producing estimates and risk assessments for new projects.
- Become the domain expert for our clients’ business and gain a deep knowledge of their infrastructure and internal systems.
- Research technologies and assess their fit for the challenge at hand.
- Educate and train clients and stakeholders about the benefits of our approach to software and solutions development.
- Assist the engineering team on product delivery by writing code and reviewing pull requests.
- Collaborate with the team to create a successful project hand-off plan
Qualifications and Skills
- 10+ years of experience in software engineering.
- Over 5+ years of experience directly consulting with clients.
- Eager to learn new languages and technologies.
- Strong experience designing and delivering features on both server and client sides of the development stack.
- Demonstrated experience researching new tools, acquiring new skills, and implementing your new knowledge on the fly with confidence and accuracy
- Experience with AWS, GCP, or Azure is nice to have.
- Experience working with Chef, Ansible, and other provisioning technologies is a plus.
- BS of Computer Science or similar academic background is a plus.
- Excellent skills in spoken and written English language.
- Possess a strong and reliable internet connection.
About Pluralsight Flow, powered by GitPrime
GitPrime is now a Pluralsight company, an entire functional department of our new parent company. We are pioneering data-driven engineering. We report on the work patterns and the people-side of software development so engineering leaders can advocate for resources and demonstrate that they're driving business value based on objective data. We have strong product-market fit with hundreds of happy customers and we are growing rapidly.
Working at Pluralsight
Founded in 2004 and trusted by Fortune 500 companies, Pluralsight is the technology learning platform organizations and individuals in 150+ countries count on to innovate faster and create progress for the world.
At Pluralsight, we believe everyone should have the opportunity to create progress through technology. That everyone should have access to the skills of tomorrow. That technology can make the world a better place. Through the work we do everyday, we empower the people who power our world.
And we don’t let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. We’re adults, and we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics and trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, and peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds and experiences, and united by our mission, we are one.
As a DevOps Engineer at Pluralsight, you will partner with the DevOps Manager to curate Developer self-service tools and systems to empower our continuous deployment environment. You will keep Pluralsight’s finger on the pulse of the DevOps community by continually researching, testing, and developing solutions to better enable our Software Engineers through automation and self-service. As an embedded member of remote development teams, you will be the subject matter expert on how and when to utilize the tools built and deployed by DevOps, as well as an influential partner in delivering incredible end user experiences.Pluralsight is a leader in the tech education space, and as such, our engineers are a driving force in developing and promoting industry best practices while continually synthesizing new ideas. You will help set the bar for DevOps teams across the industry while building a product that creates the innovators of tomorrow through technical education.
Who you are:
- You are an experienced DevOps professional that enjoys being in the middle of the development lifecycle
- You love exploring new technologies and keeping your own technical skills sharp while exhibiting responsibility and caution
- You have a passion for innovation, learning, and excellence
- You elevate the technical abilities of those around you
- You are an amazing communicator and effective influencer within the remote teams you are on
- You have a track record of being analytical, methodical, and quality-driven
What you’ll own:
As a DevOps Engineer with a knack for automation, troubleshooting, and problem-solving, you will be responsible for monitoring our environments, servers, and applications for health, performance, and security. You will work with our talented team of Software Engineers to decide how to best create meaningful outcomes for our end users.
- Develop a flexible infrastructure to promote Developer self-service, while promoting continuity across our overall environment.
- Development of tools and systems to support Developer self-service
- Continuous environment monitoring for application health, performance, and security
- Maintaining a pulse on emerging technologies and discovering hidden opportunities in our environment
- Use technical expertise and experience to evaluate industry technologies and assess practice relevance
- Collaborate with Software Developers to research and address technical needs and to roadmap and develop new solutions
- Maintain and improve standards of Operational Excellence
- Ensure redundancy and resilience of infrastructure and services
- Reliability and Performance
- Championing of continual improvement in the areas of reliability and performance
- Help design and implement secure environments and servers
- Forecast and assess reliability risks
- Ensure all infrastructure is configuration managed
- Development Support
- Support DevOps Manager
- Collaborate with the Ops and DevOps teams, as well as Security, IT, and Software Engineers
Experience you’ll need:
- A successful candidate will be well experienced in key areas such as AWS, Saltstack, and Terraform (or similar)
- Experience with Kubernetes and containerization to be able to support existing teams
- Ability to quickly analyze and comprehend new or unfamiliar technologies or ideas
- Track record of progressive DevOps engineering experience including the following:
- Strong systems administration skills in both Linux
- Experience in automation and the development of automation tools
- Strong background in continuous integration and deployment methodologies/pipelines
- Strong administration of HAproxy, RabbitMQ, Redis
- Strong knowledge of network security and performance
- Knowledge of compliance frameworks (PCI, SOX, SOC 2, ISO 27001)
- Powershell, Bash, and Python scripting
- Database administration background in Postgres or similar
- Experience with Kafka a plus
- Strong understanding of DevOps mentality and tools
Technologies and tools you’ll use and interact with here:
- Linux - Ubuntu LTS, RHEL, CentOS 7, Fedora Core
- Tools - Github, New Relic, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, Saltstack, OpsGenie, ELK, Terraform
- Services - Haproxy, Nginx, IIS, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Zookeeper
- AWS - EC2, RDS, ECS, VPC, Route53, ELB, ALB, Lambda, Elasticache, Cloudfront, Service Catalog, Cloudwatch, CloudFormation, IAM, Certificate Manager, Directory Service, WAF & Shield, SQS, SNS
- Data Stores - Cassandra, Postgres, MySQL, MSSQL, Redis, BigQuery, Hadoop, Elasticsearch
- Other - Cloudflare, Salesforce.com, wpengine.com, Zuora, Adobe AEM, Adobe Search and Promote
- Languages in use here that you may help support: Python, Node.js, Ruby, Java
Be Yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Codelitt is looking for a Ruby on Rails senior with experience building highly complex applications. Preferably you communicate well with other engineers. You work well with others and friendly.
While this is a remote position, there are often meetings at 9 a.m. ET. Something to take into consideration. Mountain Time, Central Time, or Eastern Time preferred.
- Experience working and collaborating with teams
- Experience in Linux and command line a must
- Proven work with React
- Proven work with Ruby on Rails
- You know how to architect all components of front-end project
- You have experience reading the API documentation and working with different endpoints to compose the desired effect
- You know how to run projects through solid processes (things like code reviews, reviewing stories, planning)
- Picks up new technologies quickly and efficiently
- Uses Git for all of your projects
- Creates tests before they write code (TDD is your thing)
- Expert knowledge of OOP and software design principles
- Driven, ambitious, and interested in tech
- Acumen. You must be able to think of and judge multiple solutions for a problem and be able to reason between them.
- You’re aware of how to build secure apps
- You know how to optimize frontend load times, debug rendering issues, and overall provide a smooth experience to the user.
- Knowledge of responsive frontends
Security Architect Job Responsibilities and Duties
Syncro is a small team crafting applications helping small business be more successful. Our software does job tracking, marketing, invoicing, integrates tons of online tools -- and is awesome.
We're building a company that has fun inventing. We go fast, and our customers love us. Thousands of repair shops and IT Professionals all over the world rely on our platform for their entire business operations.
We are different - we really do care, the founders are writing this ad and holding interviews.
We are building a powerful Remote Machine Management (RMM) platform and this space demands the utmost in security. This is where you come in! As a lead in the security team you’d be relied upon to coordinate vulnerability assessments, field incoming reports from bug bounty programs, assist real-time in active attack scenarios, help marry business requirements with state of the art security systems, and more.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Perform penetration testing on new and existing application architecture
- Gather requirements and current standards to overview technology and make recommendations
- Plan architecture changes and help guide new innovative security programs
- Keep up-to-date on the latest security standards
- Document security procedures for hosted environments, remote workers, internal tools, and the production platform.
- Estimate cost and budget for security updates
- Oversee technical implementations during security or other IT updates
- Mitigate damages during a cyber attack and respond to threats quickly
- Coordinate outside security vendors for vulnerability assessments, audits etc
- A salaried position designed to grow with the company(seriously, try us).
- We want this to be your dream job - but we need your help(tell us how).
- We will advance your career like nobody else-- stay with us for the long haul and we'll keep you challenged, learning, passionate, and growing.
- We are currently a dispersed team working from home.
- We offer comprehensive health, vision, and dental coverage and a 401(k).
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- A few years of professional experience working on application security and network security.
- Ruby on Rails or web development experience is a major plus.
- No specific education necessary.(really.)
- Excellent communication skills - verbal, written and electronic.
- You care-- which means sometimes putting yourself out there for a customer experiencing pain.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- You're kind and wily(in a good way).
- Bonus: Experience with HIPAA compliance or other similar experience.
HOW TO GET HIRED BY US:Just demonstrate that you are an individual, you have a personality, you enjoy life, and you enjoy good work. And please include a resume. If you have a cover letter that can highlight something you know about our product, the space, and security trends in this space, that would be fun to read!
Syncro is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all employees can thrive and do their best work, free from discrimination and harassment.
Pay: DOE. Let's Talk.
This Software Engineer in Test position for our Secure team is 100% remote.
GitLab is building an open-source, single application for the entire software development lifecycle—from project planning and source code management to CI/CD, monitoring, and security.
Right now, we’re in a period of growth, we’ve more than doubled the size of the Quality department through 2019, and we’ve increased the number of GitLab employees from 400 to over 1100 this financial year, too.
At GitLab, we live and breathe open source principles. This means our entire handbook is online, and with a few clicks, you can find the details of future releases, check out our past releases, and see an overview of the product vision you’d contribute to when working here.
As a Software Engineer in Test at GitLab, you will be embedded in our Secure stage group. You’ll be responsible for baking in a culture of quality across the categories found within our Secure team, expanding on our existing test automation frameworks and test coverage across a range of configurations, and leading our test automation efforts on new features within our Secure categories as part of a dedicated cross-functional team.
- As part of our Secure team you’ll work on test automation issues related to the Quality department, the Secure stage group, and the entire GitLab product. The work you’ll do will be transparent and open to the GitLab community.
- You’ll develop new tests and tools for our GitLab.com frontend, backend APIs and services, and low-level systems like geo-replication, CI/CD, and load balancing.
- You’ll identify and drive the adoption of best practices in code health, testing, testability, and maintainability.
- You’ll work with engineers to define and implement mechanisms to inject testing earlier into the software development process.
- You’ll configure automated tests to execute reliably and efficiently in our CI/CD environments.
- You’ll work 1:1 with a Product Manager, and with the wider product and development teams to understand how new features should be tested and to contribute to automated tests for these new features.
- You’ll work in an environment where we aim to have a 1:10 ratio of Software Engineer in Test to Engineers.
- As an SET, you'll have the opportunity to become and expert in security testing-related techniques and concerns.
You’ll spend your time collaborating with a cross-functional team who are embedded in our Secure stage group. You could work on projects where you’ll be tasked with moving our security products from their own standalone QA process to the GitLab QA review application, growing our test coverage across our security products, and implementing security testing processes.
- You’ve got at least a few years of experience developing in Ruby or working on a Ruby on Rails application.
- You’ve got some experience with security testing or an interest in the security field. To demonstrate this, you could be familiar with SQL injections, cross-site scripting, or URL manipulation. Alternatively, you may have been involved in OWASP or security hacking sessions. This list is by no means exhaustative, it's here to give you an insight into the type of securty-testing experience we can look for.
- You’ve got a working knowledge of Docker.
- You’ve worked with industry-standard CI tools like GitLab CI, Jenkins, Bamboo, or Circle CI for example.
- You’re comfortable with Selenium-based test automation tools like Capybara.
- You’ve got experience with Git and its command line.
- You’re interested in growing your knowledge and skills in Test Environment Provisioning and Configuring (Terraform, Ansible, Kubernetes, GCP / AWS).
- You know about clean code and the test pyramid, and champion these concepts.
- Our values of collaboration, results, efficiency, diversity, iteration, and transparency resonate with you.
- You'll thrive in an environment where self-learning and self-service is encouraged and instilled as a part of our culture.
We're aware the confidence gap exists so we want to encourage you to apply even if you do not match all of the requirements exactly. The above list is intended to show the kinds of experience and qualities we're looking for. It is not a complete list of pre-required skills.What it’s like to work here at GitLab:
The culture here at GitLab is something we’re incredibly proud of. Because GitLabbers are currently located in over 51 different countries, you’ll spend your time collaborating with kind, talented, and motivated colleagues from across the globe.
Some of the benefits you’ll be entitled to vary by the region or country you’re in. However, all GitLabbers are fully remote and receive a "no ask, must tell" paid-time-off policy, where we don’t count the number of days you take off annually. You can work incredibly flexible hours, enabled by our asynchronous approach to communication. We’ll also help you set up your home office environment, pay for your membership to a co-working space and contribute to the travel costs associated with meeting other GitLab team members across the world. Also, every year or so, we’ll invite you to our Contribute event.
Our hiring process for this Software Engineer in Test position typically follows six stages. The details of this process and the compensation for this role can be found at the bottom of our job family page.Remote-EMEA
- Writing, curating, editing developer resources: tutorials, examples, guides, and documentation.
- Directly shaping and developing our open source SDKs.
- Owning the code samples and implementation guidance for Auth0.
- Championing Auth0 by engaging directly with the community.
- Gathering and channel user feedback within the company to improve the experience for developers on Auth0.
You'd be a great fit if you had ❤️
- The go-to-expert in the company, internally and externally, providing domain knowledge and reviews for Auth0 in these technologies.
- A deep understanding of writing, running, maintaining, securing, and debugging applications.
- The ability to communicate effectively in person, asynchronously, and in code.
- Demonstrable experience authoring developer documentation (tutorials, blog posts, docs).
Bonus points if you have 👍
- The ability to be self-directed and be effective working independently, yet feel equally comfortable contributing in a global team environment.
- Experience working in distributed teams and work environments.
- Created open-source material or have contributed to open-source projects.
- Knowledge in the identity and access management space.
- Experience with CI and/or package deployment automation
Auth0’s mission is to help developers innovate faster. Every company is becoming a software company and developers are at the center of this shift. They need better tools and building blocks so they can stay focused on innovating. One of these building blocks is identity: authentication and authorization. That’s what we do. Our platform handles 2.5B logins per month for thousands of customers around the world. From indie makers to Fortune 500 companies, we can handle any use case.We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer. We have raised $210M to date and are growing quickly. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles.Join us on this journey to make developers more productive while making the internet safer!
- #US-E; #GMT; #AR;
Do you love building products from a "behind the scenes" perspective? We're looking to expand our team with a full-time Backend Developer.As a backend developer, you'll have the ability to work on large-scale systems that impacts people's day-to-day work.Your job will be mainly focused on designing, implementing, and maintaining APIs. To us developing new features and debugging and fixing bugs are equally important, so every developer in our team participates in both types of jobs. You will work closely with frontend and Mac developers to guarantee maximum alignment for our products and smooth engineering processes.Our backend is mostly built on Elixir, although we have some bits in NodeJS and Go. Our Elixir API implements GraphQL and we use MariaDB as our primary data store. Our backend also integrates with other minor services like Redis or SQS.It's essential that you have broad experience developing with Elixir or other languages that may be considered similar to it like Ruby, Clojure, etc..We don't expect you to have experience with all the technologies in our stack, but you are, definitely, not afraid of them. You are an experienced software engineer, and you have been part of medium/large web development teams. You care much for the details regarding security, code quality, scalability, performance, and simplicity. Above all, you seek operational excellence and push to apply the best engineering practices possible. Not everything that you or your team do can be perfect, but, at least, you make sure that you always know the trade-offs.We back our decisions with arguments. You don't care for hype and always try to find the best solution and technology for the job and its context.We value every year of experience in your field, but experience isn't the be-all and end-all. The ideal candidate has the passion and knowledge to build high-quality software. We'd love for you to learn from us, just like we'd love to be able to learn from you.Our team works remotely and communicates mostly using text, so you need to have excellent communication skills and written English, be self-motivated, and comfortable working in a remote position.Essentials
- Passionate about the web, product design, and problem-solving.
- Able to work as part of a close-knit team. Together with your colleagues, you will code, review Pull Requests, deploy to production, etc.. Also, as part of a distributed team, you believe in maintaining detailed documentation.
- Ability to write and maintain high-quality and well-tested code.
- At minimum 4 hours of overlap with European/African timezones.
- Experience with building web APIs.
- We expect you to be able to start coding in Elixir since the beginning, so, at least, you must be already familiarized with the language, debugging tools, and good practices.
- Experience with SQL and ORMs. We expect from you to debug queries, suggest database optimizations and work with data migrations in the most optimum way.
- Knowledge of GraphQL. You understand, at least, its pros and cons depending on the context.
- Experience or history of working as part of a large remote team or organization.
- Experience in creating or contributing to open source projects.
- Experience, not only building Elixir services but also working with BEAM regarding error-debugging and optimizations proposals.
- Experience in working with Amazon Web Services.
Even if you're not able to tick all of these boxes, we would still love to hear from you.
- Experience integrating web applications with external payment systems.
To join our growing team, SugarCRM is currently seeking an experienced Site Reliability Engineer. This role can be based in one of our U.S.-based offices or remote.Impact you will make in the role:
- Manage applications in a CentOS Linux-based environment
- Build repeatable infrastructures with Ansible
- Develop and execute plans for rolling out new technologies rapidly
- Improve monitoring infrastructure, build out data aggregation and alerting rules
- Work closely with engineering to build scalable solutions
- Triage tickets raised by our support organization and implement fixes
- Support our private and public cloud environments and customers
- Mentor other members of the Operations team
Expertise you will bring in:
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- BA/BS in Computer Science with Network Engineering or Information Systems emphasis, or equivalent work experience
- Extensive knowledge with container orchestration technologies including Docker and Kubernetes
- 6+ years experience in an Operations or Systems Administration role
- Superior Unix administration skills
- Extensive knowledge of common Internet Protocols
- Extensive knowledge of TCP/IP
- Experience with virtualization and cloud technologies
- Hardware management, network switch and router administration experience
- Experience with Apache, MySQL, and PHP in a production environment at scale
- Strong knowledge of version control systems and hands-on experience with Git
- Experience with writing code around infrastructure automation
- Understanding of how to architect and implement highly available, scalable, and secure network in multiple cloud environments
- Strong affinity and experience in working with continuous deployment and continuous integration environments
- An understanding around micro-service architectures and the complexities around their deployments
- Extensive programming experience in PHP, Ruby, Python, and Shell
- Full stack troubleshooting and instrumentation experience
- Extensive experience with IT automation technologies like Puppet, Salt, Chef, or Ansible
Nice to haves:
- Experience with data aggregation, alerting, and reporting and supporting technologies such as Sensu and Graphite
- Experience in an on-call rotation
- Experience with Elastic Search or Apache Solr
- Experience with Spinnaker and/or other CI/CD tools
- Previous experience as a mentor or advisor
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.Benefits and Perks:Beyond a stellar work environment, friendly people, and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:Competitive salariesExcellent medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other benefit plans like 401(k) matchUnlimited Paid Time OffWellness Reimbursement ProgramOnsite Programs, depending on location, such as Dry Cleaning, Car Washes, Massage, Yoga, and moreCareer & Personal Development Program – multi-platformRegular social eventsOwnership is the greatest self-identity at SugarCRM - you are making an impact nowWe are a merit-based company - many opportunities to learn, excel and grow your career
- Current contributor to open source projects (a Github account you can link us to would be ideal)
The Senior Security Researcher will investigate and analyze vulnerabilities in open-source software.Sonatype is looking for a passionate, driven and talented developer to provide high quality security data from researching software vulnerabilities. This is not a development position but relies on development experience to help navigate complex architectures and threat vectors in open source software. This high quality security data ensures that our customers are getting maximum value out of our products making them feel like they are part of the Sonatype family.If you are a positive-thinker and problem-solver and believe that customer success and company success go hand-in-hand, this is a great job for you. This position will provide a valuable learning opportunity with great potential to grow your newly started career in cyber-security. Enjoy your job as you work in a fast-paced, flexible, and fun environment, with talented, diverse, and forward-thinking individuals.Key Areas of Focus
- Review, isolate, analyze, and reverse engineer vulnerabilities in open-source software
- Document attack capabilities
- Provide detection and remediation guidance
- Aid in ideas and prototypes for new tooling
- Collaborate with other team members toward shared product goals
- Improve Sonatype products by providing valuable security data
- Work with technology and business team members to define and refine requirements in an agile development environment
- Currently reside in either Canada or the United States of America and are legally authorized to work without sponsorship in the corresponding country.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Engineering, or related field
- Knowledge of application security such as the OWASP Top 10 or Sans 25
- Knowledge of different languages such as Python, Ruby, and scripting
- Knowledge of different operating systems such as *NIX, Windows
- Application vulnerability assessment or penetration testing experience
What We Offer:
- Knowledge of open source environments like Github is a plus
- The opportunity to be part of an incredible, high-growth company, working on a team of experienced colleagues
- Competitive salary package
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- Business casual dress
- Flexible work schedules that ensure time for you to be you
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators
- Glassdoor ranking of 4.9
We are 300 employees from diverse backgrounds, that hail from 50 countries, and speak 15 languages. But, we all share one thing in common: we’re passionate about accelerating software innovation. Our vision is to put Nexus products at the center of every open source decision made by modern engineering organizations. We’re one of the fastest growing tech companies in America and have been named both a Deloitte Fast 500 and Inc. 5000 company three years in a row. We’re backed by world class investors including TPG, Goldman Sachs, Accel Partners, and HWVP. Learn more at www.sonatype.com.Sonatype is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know
- Come see why we've won all of these awards
Support Engineer – Terraform Enterprise
HashiCorp is looking for a high-caliber customer facing engineering professional to join its Support Engineering team. This is a phenomenal opportunity to join a small team and have a direct impact on HashiCorp’s fast growing business. This highly visible position will be an integral part of both the Support Engineering and Terraform teams. You are a fit if you thrive in a fast-paced culture that values essential communication, collaboration, and results. You are a self-motivated, detail-oriented individual with an eye for automation, process improvement, and problem solving.
Collaborating with the Support Engineering Manager, you will be a key member of the Customer Success organization and will directly impact customer satisfaction and success. The Support engineer will triage incoming issues related to Terraform Enterprise and independently work to find viable solutions. You will contribute to product growth and development via weekly product and marketing meetings. You will attend customer and prospect meetings as needed to help debug or install the product and is expected to be a liaison between the customer and HashiCorp engineering. When possible, the Support Engineer will update and improve product documentation, guide feature development, and implement bug fixes based on customer feedback.
- Triage and solve incoming support requests via Zendesk within SLA
- Document and record all activity and communication with customers in accordance to both internal and external security standards
- Reproduce and debug customer issues by using or building existing tooling or configuration
- Attend weekly product engineering meetings to discuss issues pertinent to support
- Collaborate with engineers, sales engineers, sales representatives, and technical account managers to schedule, coordinate, and lead customer installs or debugging calls
- Contribute to product documentation, customer knowledge base, and best practices guides
- Continuously improve process and tools for normal, repetitive support tasks
- Periodic 24/7 on-call rotation
30 days: you should be able to -
- Holistic understanding of (P)TFE and the interaction with the TF ecosystem
- Successfully perform all common work flows within Terraform Enterprise
- One contribution to extend or improve product documentation or install guides
- Ability to answer Level 1 support inquiries with minimal assistance
60 days: you should be able to -
- Effectively triage and respond to Level 1 & 2 inquiries independently
- Provision and bootstrap (P)TFE instance with low-touch from engineering
- Ride along on 1-2 live customer install calls
- Locate and unpack the customer log files. Familiarity with its contents
- Effectively search for prior similar issues within ticketing system and the knowledge base
- Author one customer knowledge base article from area of subject matter expertise
90 days: you should be able to -
- Effectively triage and respond to a production down issue with minimal assistance
- Run point on a live customer install without assistance
- Independently find points of error and identify root cause in the customer log files and report relevant details to engineering
- Implement small bug fixes or feature improvements
- Read all incoming RFCs and PRDs from Engineering
- Collaborate or comment on Engineering RFCs and PRDs
- 3+ years Support Engineering, Software Engineering, or System Administration experience
- At least 2 years in a customer facing role
- Expertise in Open Source and SaaS is a major advantage
- Excellent presence; strong written and verbal communication skills
- Upbeat, passionate, and unparalleled customer focus
- Well-organized, has excellent work ethic, pays attention to detail, and self-starting
- Experience managing and influencing change in organizations
- Strong project management skills
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails, Ember.js, Bash, or Go
- Interest in cloud adoption and technology at scale
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, Technical Writing, or equivalent professional experience
About HashiCorp and this opportunity
This is a full-time position with a highly competitive compensation and benefits package. You will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic and ambitious team. HashiCorp is a series C start-up in San Francisco that is best known for creating a suite of software tools that help enterprise companies automate their infrastructure and helps them migrate to the cloud. HashiCorp’s software suite allows users to provision, secure and run any infrastructure for any application.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
About UsAt GovPredict, we build products that make government more transparent and politics more efficient. Our clients count on our product to deliver timely information about political activity and manage their advocates to win their public affairs campaigns.
GovPredict's intelligence platform gives public affairs and political professionals access to millions of structured documents that concern federal, state, and local politics. An integrated grassroots platform supports advocacy campaigns to influence legislative and regulatory proposals. Our campaign contributions database is the largest in the world.
Our clients span many categories: associations like the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) and the Farm Credit Council, Fortune 500 companies like Fox Corporation, educational institutions like the University of Pennsylvania, and various political campaigns, parties, & Congressional offices from both sides of the aisle.
GovPredict is headquartered in Washington, DC. We also have offices in Chisinau, Moldova and Belo Horizonte, Brazil. We're growing fast and backed by Y Combinator and Joe Lonsdale, among others. Our friendly and hard-working team hopes to welcome you onboard!Our Tech StackRuby on Rails, ReactJS, React Native, Python scrapers, Postgres, Mongo, Redis, Elastic Search, AWS, RabbitMQ, Terraform, and Ansible.Responsibilities
- Take ownership over multiple products within the GovPredict suite to improve customer satisfaction and grow revenue
- Own product development work of approximately 10 software engineers across two engineering teams
- Work cross-functionally with sales and customer success to ensure new business and customer happiness
- Deeply understand customer use cases and pain points
- Collaborate with business development, design, marketing, and other GP teams
- Identify new product opportunities and work together with engineering and design teams to see them through
- Build web and mobile products for public affairs teams
- A bachelor's degree
- 3+ years experience as a product manager of a SaaS product
- Experience shipping complex software to real users
- Has worked closely with software engineers to deliver products
- Can formulate a product vision and can prioritize tasks to achieve it
- Power user of JIRA or a similar tool
- Embraces process and can identify ways to improve our processes
- Permanent US work authorization
- Required: USA-based and willing to travel to Washington, DC on occasion