Remote restful Jobs in February 2020
14 Remote restful Jobs in February 2020Post a job
SemanticBits is looking for a full-stack engineer to help us build modern digital health services. The project involves implementing highly interactive and modern web interfaces with React that will be used by healthcare providers across the country. The system is backed by Node business services implemented in a microservices paradigm. Some of these services will be exposed for public consumption and some are used for enterprise integration. The system will support upwards of tens of thousands of concurrent users. The project will be implemented using an Agile, Scrum-based process that includes Sprint Planning/Review/Retrospectives and daily stand-ups. The team uses human-centered design to implement highly modern, usable interfaces.
- Experience developing front-end web user interfaces with React is required.
- Minimum 3 years experience developing front-end web user interfaces with React
- Experience with designing RESTful backend microservices and developing them using Node.js and Express
- Experience with database integration, relational (PostgreSQL) preferred. NoSQL (MongoDB) a plus
- Experience with SASS/SCSS or css-in-js type approaches for stylesheets highly preferred
- Experience with with Jekyll or other static site generators a plus
- Experience with AWS and Docker highly preferred
- Experience with build tools like webpack, npm, and gulp/grunt
- Experience with Test-Driven Development using automated testing frameworks such as Jest, Sinon, and Enzyme
- Experience ensuring your code builds and deploys properly through Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment processes built in Jenkins
- Expertise working as part of a dynamic, interactive Agile team developing and delivering digital services
- Ability to work with and coordinate with other developers using digital tools such as Slack Experience with version control tools, such as Git
- Knowledge of modern design patterns and building enterprise-grade production applications
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
Kryo, Inc is the parent company of chili™, the high-growth sleep solutions company that is rapidly changing the way the world sleeps. Through a scientific approach to delivering products that help improve health and wellness through enhanced sleep quality, chili uses technology to deliver results that some might even call “magical.” We designed the original and most effective temperature-regulation sleep system, the chiliPAD™, trusted by thousands of delighted customers including pro athletes in every major US sports league, biohackers, business executives, ex-US Presidents and countless other high achievers seeking to optimize their health without pills or drugs.
More and more customers are experience the life-changing benefits of better sleep, enabled by the chiliPAD and new OOLER sleep system, which has led to rapid growth! To keep pace, we are seeking a Lead Backend Engineer to help us build our IoT Platform and continue our brand’s record growth!
Our aim is to help 15 million people sleep better in the next five years — one night of restful sleep at a time. Our passion is building products that enable people to get better, more effective sleep.
Read more about chili, and our goal to be the future of sleep-driven health, at chilitechnology.com.
What We're Building
We are seeking a strong technical lead engineer with experience integrating with building a platform to support our growing suite of connected products. to join the team. Kudos if you have built something using Amazon Greengrass and/or the AWS IoT tools.
You will be responsible for designing and architecting the interfaces between our products, APIs, and apps. You will work closes with our consumer apps team, and firmware engineers.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment that is goal-oriented and emphasizes accountability for delivering results.
What You’ll Do
- Participate in requirements gathering, technical specification, and the design and development of complex software projects
- Take technical ownership of our current and future IoT platform
- Build and deliver consistent high-quality products
- Ensure solutions are feasible and implemented within technical and business constraints
- Estimate and scope work in a timely fashion.
- Monitor and review existing technology and tools and offer guidance on how we can get better
- Lead a small team of firmware and backend engineers
- Communicate and live the company’s purpose, core values, and vision.
What You’ll Bring:
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Java/Kotlin or Go
- Design of services in micro services architecture, containers and container orchestration.
- Deep understanding of AWS including IAM, Cognito, DynamoDB, API Gateway, Lambda, and S3
- Team leadership experience
- Competitive Salary
- Employer-paid healthcare benefits
- 401k Options
- Unlimited PTO
- Great company culture
We are Not a Good Fit for You if:
- You aren’t a hands-on manager that isn’t afraid to jump in and get the job done.
- You want to stay in your lane with a small fixed set of responsibilities.
- You want someone to tell you how to do your job.
- You don’t like to change in your daily routine & tasks.
- You don’t like to sleep and don’t believe high-quality sleep will help people live longer, healthier, and better lives.
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
Job Type: Full-time
- Mooresville, NC or Remote
- Monday to Friday
Cloud Academy is the leading digital skills development platform that enables every enterprise to become a tech company through guided Learning Paths, Hands-on Labs, and Skill Assessment. Cloud Academy delivers role-specific training on the leading cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform), essential methodologies needed to operate on and between clouds (DevOps, security, containers), and capabilities that are unlocked by the cloud (big data, machine learning).
Companies like Turner, Cognizant, SAS, and ThermoFisher customize Cloud Academy to contextualize learning and leverage the platform to assign, manage, and measure cloud enablement at scale. Learn more at cloudacademy.com.
Our growing Content Team is now looking for a Labs Developer to create new Labs for our Labs Technology group. This role is a hybrid between a Content Creator and a Technical Writer and we are looking for someone with experience and passion in both.
The ideal person has an understanding of cloud technologies and is passionate to teach what they have learned to others. You will be working with a SaaS product on a team of 3 to 6 people to build online labs.
This position is 100% remote and will report to our Lead Labs Developer.
- Create fulfilling labs and lab challenges in one or more Cloud Academy library categories
- Write infrastructure as code templates to provision resources when labs start
- Secure lab environments by defining least privilege identity and access management policies
- Develop serverless functions to check the progress of users as they progress through labs and lab challenges
- Consistently deliver new labs on time
- Update labs in our library to ensure they are up-to-date and providing the best possible experience for our customers
- Work with the content team to integrate labs and lab challenges into learning paths
- Communicate feedback and ideas to software developers to continuously improve the lab platform
- At least 2 years experience in production environments and/or technical writing
- Able to independently transform a blueprint of a lab into an elegant learning experience for our end users
- Experienced with Amazon Web Services, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with implementing infrastructure as code (CloudFormation, ARM templates, Deployment Manager, or Terraform)
- Proficient with a programming or scripting language, such as Python, Node.js, PowerShell, and/or Bash
- Able to document in clear technical steps
- Work alongside software developers to provide constant feedback on new releases
- Extremely proficient in both written and spoken English
Additionally, the following will be viewed favorably:
- Experienced with automating, designing infrastructure, and developing new features to attract customers
- One or more public cloud vendor certifications
- Experienced with RESTful APIs,
- Familiarity with Git, Hyper-V, Docker, and/or Kubernetes
- Competitive salary with an annual bonus
- Budget for professional development
- 4 weeks paid vacation per year
- Great company culture and work environment
- Highly-skilled teammates and lots of opportunities for growth and development
Kuali is looking for a Senior Software Engineer, with a willingness and interest to grow in a full-stack environment. We use React and Apollo for our front-end and NodeJS, Express, and MongoDB for our back-end for new development and support legacy stacks running Java, Tomcat and MySQL. Our software engineers have responsibility for their services top to bottom, we work in a full-stack process, and we are looking to enhance our team with stronger front-end skills. We are building evolving products involving multiple microservices that communicate over RESTful services utilizing single-page applications to deliver an amazing and accessible experience to our users. This position is on our Research/Sponsored Programs product team.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Kuali builds open source higher ed solutions in a competitive space where users are just waiting to be delighted.
Why join us? Our work matters — we’re helping our customers improve the quality of higher education by decreasing administrative costs. We compete in a competitive space where users are saddled with outdated, inefficient, legacy ERPs and eager to be delighted. We’re generating revenue and growing quickly with nearly 170 customers and 100 employees. Kuali is committed to open source software development. You’ll have a significant impact on what we do and how we do it because we are an empowered group of entrepreneurs. Plus, you’ll get to work with some truly amazing people at a fast-growing, design-centric EdTech startup.
If you’re looking to make your fortune off a quick flip with no business model, you’d be happier someplace else.
- Helping set architectural direction for our services architecture.
- Creating elegant code.
- Building relationships with customers to develop a deep understanding of their needs.
- Supporting critical bugs and security issues in a Devops role.
- Advocating passionately for customer priorities during product development.
- Creating amazing software and services.
- Talking and listening to customers (and other developers) about their challenges, hopes, and dreams.
- You’ve worked on multiple production-grade web applications.
- You code better than most.
- You care about the quality of your code.
- You care about user experience and accessibility but are also comfortable building a solid backend system.
- You know what WCAG and AAA are and how to build a system that can meet these requirements.
- You enjoy building and can deliver beautiful user experiences, but can also balance priorities and sometimes sacrifice that pixel perfection in order to deliver features.
- You’re well versed in at least one programming language, but preferably several.
- You’re versatile. You know when to dream big and when to act small. You’re equally comfortable in both greenfield and refactoring projects.
- You’re a collaborator. You build great relationships with other engineers, customers, and our open source communities.
- You’re inspired to achieve results, and your enthusiasm is contagious.
- You’re passionate about your role in helping clients and other developers achieve their missions, and you advocate for them fiercely.
- You’re curious and continuously seek knowledge and share your discoveries with others.
- You know how to influence and serve.
- You understand the complexity of large enterprise applications.
- You’ve used agile methodologies and have ideas on how you’d improve them.
- You’re into Continuous Delivery and interested and willing to work in a Devops environment.
If you have some of these too we’ll be delighted:
- You have experience with the Higher Education and/or Research community.
- You’ve shipped Software as a Service (SaaS) products.
- You've worked with a microservices architecture.
- You’ve been through incremental refactoring efforts.
- 401k matching (up to 4% of your salary)
- Full health premiums paid by company for you and dependents
- Take the time off that you need (we don’t track sick or vacation time)
- Paid holidays
- Annual tech hardware budget to buy whatever you want to do your job
- Annual conference and training budget to learn what you want to learn
- Catered lunches & fresh fruit if you are local
- Remote-friendly environment
Note: Although this is a remote position, we are only seeking candidates in European timezones between UTC-1 and UTC+3 to facilitate overlap of working hours.
At PSP Media we develop cloud-based software solutions for the sports industry, enabling clubs and associations to bring their coaching education and administration online. We are soon launching training.app, our B2C platform for sports coaches of all levels anywhere in the world, helping them to improve their coaching by giving them access to high-quality coaching content across all their devices.
As a Backend Engineer you not only maintain our different Laravel applications but also implement new features and build new services/applications from the ground up.
What you will do:
- Work on high-scalable products with PHP7 hosted on a cloud-based infrastructure
- Build and provide internal & external RESTful APIs that ensure a fast & frictionless updating of our products
- Constantly challenge and expand your knowledge of reliable software architecture, programming and new technologies
- Work with agile processes that are adapted to the team’s and project’s needs
What technologies you'll be using:
- PHP7 with Laravel
- Go, Python, Node.js
- MySQL, DynamoDB
- Kubernetes, Docker
- AWS (EKS, EC2, RDS, SQS, SNS, Lambda, CloudWatch, S3, ElastiCache etc)
- Microservices with synchronous and asynchronous communication
The budgeted compensation range for this role is €40,000 to €50,000 annually. The actual compensation offered will be based on relative experience and skills, location and employment type. At this time we are only able to provide official employment status to those located in Malta. All other team members will join as full-time consultants and will be responsible for paying any taxes or applicable fees where they reside.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience with PHP
- 2+ year of professional experience with Laravel
- Solid technical understanding of RESTful API’s
- A strong portfolio of projects in which you have taken part
- Spoken and written English skills on Upper-Intermediate level or higher
- Knowledge of Unit Testing
- OOP skills and knowledge of design patterns
Knowledge of Microservice architecture
Experience with Amazon Web Services (or similar)
Experience with Docker and Kubernetes, CI/CD
Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 in 2019, Marqeta powers modern payment solutions for companies innovating new services and process flows in a digital world. Our platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values to Connect the Customer, Find a Way, Make Simple, Take Risk and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It’s an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.Position Summary
Marqeta is a fast growing technology company with a one-of-a-kind culture. We are devoted to providing meaningful career experiences through challenging work, collaborative partnerships, and ongoing development.
We are looking for a quick-thinking, quality enthusiast who understands releasing great software is not just about reactive testing. As a Software Development Engineer in Test at Marqeta, you’ll be proactively assessing and mitigating risks for our API and Web platform releases, within one of our exciting product verticals. You’ll be solving big quality challenges, coaching Software Engineers and Product Managers in the art of quality testing and helping to create a long-term vision of quality features for our members. You are a passionate member of the team who wants to have high impact; looking for a hands-on technical career. This isn’t just about “Quality Assurance”; we want you to help us create a better product and proactively improve our quality efforts on the whole.Primary Responsibilities
- Write and execute automation testing for REST APIs and web-based applications as well as maintain existing automated tests and tools.
- Work with stakeholders for crafting test plans, resolving test scenarios and constantly update the existing test sets.
- Be a strong quality advocate, collaborating closely with software engineers, designers, and product managers to release revolutionary payment products.
- Pair with software engineers to identify and prevent gaps with automation/regression coverage and even build frameworks.
- Be part of transforming monolithic applications into more scalable and resilient distributed systems with high quality, using cloud technology.
- We value continued learning and development, so you will learn a lot.
- Follow a lightweight Scrum/Kanban methodology.
- 6+ years of experience or its equivalence in a software engineering role.
- Experience working with large-scale test automation frameworks.
- Experience with automation and performance testing for RESTful APIs & Web applications.
- Experience with using and setting up performance testing tools such as Gatling, LoadRunner, JMeter, etc.
- Bonus points for experience with Docker and Jenkins/Drone and Mobile automation.
- Bonus points for experience in the Payments Industry and with Micro-services architecture.
- Bonus points for experience in testing React applications
- Have the ability to solve complex problems with practical, maintainable, and scalable solutions.
- Leverage your extensive experience in previous projects to guard code quality and take opportunities to mentor juniors.
- Express what you know comfortably and confidently, especially during code reviews.
- Accept feedback with eagerness to learn more.
- Self-aware with the desire to continually improve.
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
- Monthly commuter and parking subsidy
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts and employee perks
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays and more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
BEE (https://beefree.io) - MailUp Group’s Business Unit that develops and markets a popular drag-&-drop email builder - is looking for a Customer Support Engineer to join the team in North America.
As a Customer Support Engineer, reporting directly to the Support & Community Manager of the business unit, your role will be to help in the adoption and use of BEE Plugin, the embeddable version of our email editor. Over 500 software companies around the world have already decided to license and embed BEE instead of developing their own drag-n-drop editor because by doing so they save time, money, and all the complexity of creating & managing a new product.
Your core responsibilities will be:
Assist prospects in the discovery of BEE Plugin features, at a technical level.
Help new customers in the implementation of the editor within their SaaS application.
Support existing customers when their support requests are escalated to you.
Help the development team by performing technical troubleshooting on those escalated tickets.
You will carry them out by:
Becoming an expert user of BEE Plugin, the embeddable version of the BEE editor.
Becoming very familiar with the sample code that prospects use to build Proof Of Concepts with BEE Plugin, and contribute to the code base, whenever able to do so.
Becoming intimately familiar with - and a contributor to - BEE Plugin technical documentation, which helps prospects understand the potential of the product & build prototypes with it, and helps customers implement the software in their SaaS applications.
Identifying and troubleshooting issues that prospects and new customers are reporting while integrating BEE Plugin, resolving as many as you can on your own, and escalating them when needed to the engineering team as bugs, or to the product team as product feedback.
Interact with prospects and customers remotely through a variety of channels used by the company, which include: phone calls, video calls, Slack chats, support tickets (Zendesk), threads in the Community portion of our Web site, questions posted to the technical documentation site, and more.
Collaborating with the Sales, Support, Development & Product teams to deliver a user experience to our prospects and customers that’s as seamless as possible.
Providing the product and engineering team with continuous feedback, which includes opening detailed bug reports in the bug tracking system (JIRA).
What we offer
BEE stands for "Best Email Editor" and that's the original, ambitious goal chosen for this project. Made with lots of passion between the United States and Italy, BEE is becoming a standard for digital content creation, starting with emails (“beautiful emails, fast”, is one of our tag lines). The editor is used by hundreds of thousands of people every month at beefree.io and embedded in over 600 SaaS applications.
When you join our company, you can expect:
Full time work in a fast growing, exciting project with worldwide recognition as a market-leader in our industry.
A dynamic team, geographically dispersed (Italy, USA), working with a startup mindset.
Flexibility: trust is one of our values and we strongly believe in results and in the continuous feedback culture.
Yearly team retreat, often in Italy (in 2019 the BEE team retreat was here).
Many opportunities for professional development through your daily exposure to marketing-leading products, and also through access to online training resources (free, unlimited course subscription to Udemy) and offline events (attendance to conferences, etc.).
Competitive salary plus incentive-based compensation.
Health insurance benefits;
401K plan with employer matching;
Commuter benefits, and many other benefits.
The legal name of the BEE business unit is MailUp, Inc., a Delaware corporation that is a wholly-owned subsidiary of MailUp SPA (MailUp Group’s head legal entity). MailUp, Inc. is headquartered in Oakland, California.
What we are looking for
Computer science degree or equivalent experience.
3+ years of experience as a full-stack Web developer.
2+ years of experience in a customer-facing technical role: technical support, product support, training, etc.
Outstanding communication skills: you love interacting with both customers & team members, in writing or in person/video call.
Outstanding writing skills: you enjoy explaining things to people in writing, providing examples, how-to’s, and ensuring that the message gets across.
Troubleshooting skills: you enjoy finding the cause behind a specific problem, explaining it to others, and working with others to help find a solution.
Organizational skills: you like working independently and are able to organize your activities without supervision.
Experience with customer support software like Zendesk is a plus.
Experience with B2B SaaS is a major plus.
Location & Travel
North America (US or Canada). We have an office in Oakland, CA, but you can work remotely as well.
If you work remotely, we may ask you to join us in Oakland (or another location) for in-person sessions from time to time.
Some travel may be required to help at our booth when we sponsor a conference.
Some travel will be required for our yearly team retreat. Between travel and meeting time, the retreat typically requires about a week of your time. We will provide ample notice so that you can plan for it.
At Railroad19, Inc. we develop customized software solutions and provide software development services.
We are currently seeking a talented Sr. Front-End Developer (React focused) with a full stack awareness, to join our world-class team of developers assigned to work on a new project. This role will be responsible for contributing to the development and implementation of the front-end solution for our client. In addition to contributing code and tangible deliverables, the role is expected to work as an adviser to help identify, educate, and foster best-in-class solutions. Creating these relationships requires strong communication skills and some travel to the customer.
At Railroad19, you are part of a company that values your work and gives you the tools you need to succeed. We are headquartered in Saratoga Springs, New York, but we are a distributed team of remote developers across the US. Railroad19 provides competitive compensation with excellent benefits and a great corporate culture.
The role is remote - U.S. located, only full time (NO- contractors, Corp-to-Corp or 1099).
- Foster strong relationships with key stakeholders and provide expertise as well as customer service to meet a wide variety of requirements
- Quickly provide insight and options to front-end challenges
- Collaborate with Product Managers and business teams to create consumer-like, elegant, intuitive experience for enterprise users
- Contribute both technically and in an advisory role to projects
- Develop and manage extensible, stable code bases for a variety of applications
- Provide front-end architecture and aesthetic thought leadership
- Stay current with the fast-changing landscape of React
- Evaluate frameworks, technology, platforms, and tooling solutions
- Support and troubleshoot issues (process & system), identify root cause, and proactively implement sustainable corrective actions
Skills & Experience:
- Significant experience with the React eco system (Flux, Flow, Redux, routing, etc)
- Experience front-end tooling workflows: Node.js (NPM), WebPack, Create React App, Flow, Babel, TypeScript, etc
- Strong understanding of debugging for the browser
- Experience with Responsive Web Design (RWD) patterns
- Can-do Ability to work on other technology as needed
- Experience with unidirectional data flow patterns
- Full Stack awareness, but this role is front-end based
- Experience with data integration; understanding/experience with RESTful API design and/or WebSockets
- Working in an Agile environment
- Strong team-building, vendor and customer relations skills
- GIT and GitHub
- Strong communication skills (wireframes, rapid prototypes, PoC’s, white boarding)
- Experience maintaining and extending a style guide for scalability and cross application usage
Nice to Have, but not Required
- React Native
- WebWorkers experience
- ServiceWorkers experience
- Experience using TypeScript 2.x
- Experience with RxJS or other Reactive programming techniques/libraries
- PWA experience
BetterUp is a mobile-based coaching platform that brings personalized professional coaching to employees at all levels. We help managers lead better, teams perform better, and employees thrive personally and inspire professionally. Our mission is to help professionals everywhere pursue their lives with greater clarity, purpose, and passion. Our product was developed by a team of leading behavioral scientists, researchers, and technologists. We’re already transforming the way companies approach talent development at high-performing organizations like Airbnb, Genentech, Mars, LinkedIn and Workday.
This is a remote role, anywhere in the US!Your responsibilities will include
You will be successful if you
- Product Engineer - Collaborate with designers and stakeholders to craft consumer grade experiences with SPA frontend (Ember) and RESTful backend (Ruby on Rails).
- Lean and Agile Owner - Collaborate with cross functional teams to distill and synthesize requirements into discreet and meaningful iterations that can be implemented quickly to facilitate tight feedback loops and learning via data and metrics. Leverage Lean Startup and Agile methodologies along with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment infrastructure to rapidly prototype and validate ideas.
- Data Spelunker - Answer business questions and influence product roadmap decisions using statistical analysis, ad-hoc reporting, or machine learning algorithms for offline modeling. Enable team members to answer questions with data systems and processes that leverage quantitative and qualitative inputs.
- Operational Maintainer - Build scalable and tolerant systems using container technologies (Docker) and cloud infrastructure (AWS) as well as internal tooling to accelerate product development cycles.
And if you have
- Act as an owner - It’s not done until it’s in production. Adept at moving projects forward and able to unblock projects regardless of role on the project.
- Do less, deliver more - Familiar with the terms YAGNI and yak shaving? Focus your efforts on high impact initiatives that really move the needle.
- Impress yourself - We hold ourselves to a quality above and beyond something that “just gets it done”. Each line of code is an opportunity to blend craftsmanship with playfulness.
- Collaborate without ego - Willing to take on roles small or large in order to further the mission at hand.
- Stay on your edge - Continuously learning and applying emerging technologies. Pushing yourself and your team to new heights.
- 5+ years relevant experience, at least part of which in a startup environment
- Alignment with BetterUp mission and enabling behavior change
- Succeeded in a remote work environment
- Frontline maintainer of "production" consumer application (volume, support, debugging)
- Strong experience with automated testing patterns
- Ruby on Rails, Ember.js, Gitflow, Docker
- Experienced in Agile product development processes (SCRUM, Kanban, Lean Startup, etc)
- Expert in current web technologies (HTTP, REST, Web Sockets, etc)
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Impressive Portfolio
We provide amazing benefits, but if you ask the team, they’ll tell you that the greatest benefit we offer employees is an incredibly meaningful mission and transformative work.
- Full coverage medical, dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited use, at your own discretion, vacation policy
- 14 paid annual holidays
- 5 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 “Volunteer Days” to give back
- Professional development through BetterUp coaching for you and a significant other
- 401(k) self contribution
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Beat is one of the most exciting companies to ever come out of the ride-hailing space. One city at a time, all across the globe we make transportation affordable, convenient, and safe for everyone. We also help hundreds of thousands of people earn extra income as drivers.
Today we are the fastest-growing ride-hailing service in Latin America. But serving millions of rides every day pales in comparison to what lies ahead. Our plans for expansion are limitless. Our stellar engineering team operates across a number of European capitals where, right now, some of the world’s most ambitious and talented engineers are changing how cities will move in the future.
Beat is currently available in Greece, Peru, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Argentina.
About the role
Are you a Senior iOS Developer who has excellent problem solving skills and loves technical challenges? If yes, then jump into our Beat team and build with us an amazing product with international reach!
Our iOS team is working on some great features that are significantly improving the way people interact with our app and move in the city, and we’re ready to deploy a number of very cool new services to expand our footprint in the market.
You will get the opportunity to work on one of the most used and well liked apps in the Latin America (#1 in Transportation Category and 5 million active users). What is interesting is that you will work not only on one, but two large scale apps, both at the same time (Passenger, Driver).
Beat takes great care of all employees and your personal development is at our utmost interest. As such, a generous conference allowance is provided to help you improve your skill set and enrich your knowledge (UIKonf, App Builders, WWDC).
What you'll do day in day out:
Take ownership and have an impact on the product
Assist the product team with shaping the product’s vision
Be part of one of our agile, cross-functional teams (mobile, backend, QA, design and product)
Be involved in designing and implementing new product ideas
Analyze current state of the codebase, propose architectural and technological improvements, automate processes and scale the iOS team
Take full ownership of building apps from architecturing to coding, testing and publishing
Work side by side with designers to create scalable UIs
Coach and mentor fellow engineers
Constantly learn, improve on your skills, share knowledge and adapt to industry-wide best practices, processes and conventions
Experiment on pure engineering tasks that can improve the team’s day-to-day life
What you need to have:
3+ years of native iOS app development experience
Expert understanding of the Apple ecosystem and UIKit building blocks
Passion for Apple platforms
Understanding of Agile development methodologies
Detail-oriented, focusing on writing maintainable and testable code of high quality
Experience in developing apps with Swift and Objective-C
Experience with iOS architectural patterns (MVC, MVVM)
Experience working with RESTful APIs
PR and code reviews expertise
A strong sense of ownership in your work
Experience with testing (Unit/Integration/UI Automation)
Experience in version control and source code management platforms (Git, Github)
You stay up to date on the latest technology, trends and keep yourself informed about best practices during app development
Have a positive mindset, be proactive and a team player
What it's nice to have:
Experience with Asynchronous programming (GCD)
Experience with watchOS
Experience with Dependency Injection
Experience with Geo-Location based apps
Experience with TDD
Experience with xcbuild and CI/CD
Open source contributions and projects
Active participant at meet-ups and conferences in the iOS community
Experience working with remote teams
What's in it for you
Competitive salary package
Flexible working hours
High tech equipment and top line tools
A great opportunity to grow and work with the most amazing people in the industry
Being part of an environment that gives engineers large goals, autonomy, mentoring and creates incredible opportunities both for you and the company
Please note that you will be working as a contractor.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Beat is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.
Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development.
Fastly’s customers use our edge cloud platform to ensure concertgoers can buy tickets to the live events they love, travelers can book flights seamlessly and embark on their next great adventure, and sports fans can stream events in real time, across devices. They include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Spotify, Alaska Airlines, Hulu, The New York Times, and Ticketmaster.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Senior Engineering Manager, Capacity Planning Tools
The Capacity Planning Tools Team creates the customized tools needed to efficiently build out Fastly’s Network and Datacenter Infrastructure. As we operate our own hardware in colocation facilities, there are many components to track, from hardware orders to utilization metrics. Better insights into the operations of these projects contribute in a very direct way to Fastly’s financial health, as well as the ability for team members to make strategic decisions for our growth.
We are looking for a Software Engineering Manager to support the team that delivers analytical and tracking tools for managing the expansion of Fastly's global network.What You’ll Do
What We’re Looking For
- Manage a distributed engineering team and provide guidance on system design decisions.
- Act as a teacher and player/coach; providing technical mentorship and being a force multiplier to the software development velocity of the team.
- Provide regular feedback to engineers to ensure their professional growth.
- Prioritize features, new projects, and research activities into regular releases. Keep the team apprised of the timelines for delivery, and coordinate the process of turning user requirements into coherent designs.
- Build out engineering practices for code reviews, design reviews, and testing, as well as processes to keep systems compliant with data governance guidelines.
- Promote engagement with Infrastructure teams before and after features are deployed by running demos, user feedback sessions, and blameless post-mortems after projects are completed.
- Recruit and hire software engineers.
- Pragmatic, detail-oriented, and empathetic individuals who are genuinely delighted to work with hardworking small teams and get a chance to know the end-users of the products personally.
- Significant experience and preference for working with remote-first teams.
- A high level of organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize, lead, communicate clearly, and deliver to the needs of the larger Network and Datacenter Infrastructure team.
- Engineering management experience working on web-application projects with significant data processing components.
- Proficiency in SQL and experience working with large datasets, which is to be expected when you're reporting on a large and rapidly expanding global edge network.
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit, please apply!
Fastly provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicant’s race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
We are an international digital studio that transforms ideas into incredible products. We are part of Tiny, a Canadian investment fund behind industry giants such as Dribbble or Metalab. We work with North American startups helping them create and launch disruptive products to the market.
Z1 is not a design agency with several engineers, nor a development consultant with a handful of designers. We are a team of more than 40 designers, engineers and communication professionals that approach each project holistically.
We always work as a team, both remotely (we have colleagues in New York, San Francisco, Vancouver, etc.) and in person at our main headquarters located in the center of Seville, a 700m2 space where you will feel at home.
We would like to incorporate into our team people who bring their full potential and work comfortably in dynamic environments so that they can collaborate in a diverse range of projects.
What are we looking for
Ruby on Rails Senior Developer (Freelance)
What you will do
Your day to day would involve some tasks like these:
Partner with the front-end, product management team and client to develop a solid back-end architecture
Mentor and support other team members through code reviews and continuous feedback
Take initiative to research, troubleshoot and resolve bugs and issues as they arise
Be a flexible team player, stepping into a variety of roles, as needed
Besides showing us your previous works, you’ll need:
Strong experience building modern, elegant APIs using RoR
In-depth understanding of web development
Understand RESTful services and service oriented architecture
Be passionate about code quality and best practices
Ability to work both self-directed and collaboratively to deliver results in a fast paced, startup environment
Unbelievably positive attitude, sense of humor and/or thick skin
Consummate team player, able to wear multiple hats, and assist team members when needed
High English level
Here you are some perks why you’d love joining our team:
Salary scale. We base salary on experience, achieving a homogeneous and revisable system of remuneration. It ranges between 18/22K for Junior profiles and 24/32K for Seniors.
Flexible working hours. We want you to feel fulfilled, both professionally and personally, and that you have quality time not only at work but also with your friends and family.
Training plan. We need to stay up to date on technology and design trends, and we are aware that the only way to achieve this is by dedicating time for research and study.
Good vibes only. We take our job very seriously, but working with us is fun, we promise! For us is vital that we build a healthy work environment together.
About the role
This position will help lead the growth of our analytics and monitoring platform. You will be a lead Django engineer working closely with our team.
What we are looking for:
Experience in writing web applications using Python, databases and message queues like Kafka, AMQP, SQS.
Experience with popular third-party libraries and frameworks (e.g. Django, SQLAlchemy, Flask).
Skilled in automation work (CI/CD) and infrastructure management (Google Cloud, Kubernetes).
Familiarity with current standards and technologies (RESTful, Python 3.6+, PEP8).
Experience working with a distributed team.
What you will do:
Design future-proof software architectures aligned with cloud platforms.
Design and implement back-end systems and APIs using state-of-the-art technologies and practices.
Develop back-end components of user-facing web applications.
Communicate with teammates on a daily basis.
Learn new skills and technologies as you go.
Be responsible for your code. Ensure your code is testable and tested.
Who you are:
Experience in writing web applications using Python, databases and message queues like Kafka, AMQP, SQS.
Experience with popular third-party libraries and frameworks (e.g. Django, SQLAlchemy, Flask).
Skilled in automation work (CI/CD) and infrastructure management (Google Cloud, Kubernetes).
Familiarity with current standards and technologies (RESTful, Python 3.6+, PEP8).
Experience working with a distributed team.
have worked with Google Analytics / other Google APIs
have worked in data science
familiar with machine learning
flexible work schedule
Company provided computer and equipment
Working with a group of talented, passionate, and motivated team members across all disciplines
Interested in applying?
Send us an email at [email protected] with more details about yourself.
Please see here for a full job description:SummaryWe're hiring a full time, full-stack software developer—preferably with proficiencies in Python and React—to work with our distributed team.Zoomforth helps professionals gather content and easily design beautiful websites. It's like Squarespace, but for professional communications. Our software makes the complex simple, and the boring beautiful.We're looking for engineers who are passionate about the quality of the product they build. We strive to make our code clean and clear, and our product even cleaner and clearer.Join a profitable growth-stage startup and work from anywhere, while learning with—and from—an amazing team. You’ll work with talented engineers on a well developed code base and support some of the most respected startups, agencies, and businesses in the world.🌎Remote Working | 🕑Full Time (Contract Optional) | 💛Employee BenefitsWhy work with Zoomforth?- We continue to modernize our codebase leveraging the latest advancements in frontend and backend tools. We believe in using the right tool for the job.- With a small eng team, you can help shape the direction of our software and systems.- We have constant feedback loops in place. From code reviews to sales calls, you will hear how the features you build impact our customers.- We value getting the job done more than the number of hours you’re behind your computer screen.Compensation$80k-$140k base, based on role and experienceHealth, medical and dentalNon-matching 401(k)Unlimited vacationLogisticsThis is a remote job for a distributed team, with opportunities for travel and team retreatsPreferred Technologies
- Python web frameworks—we use Python Pyramids
- Git + Github
- Design, implement, and improve our frontend React application, backend Python application, and ancillary systems
- Work with the product team to help determine product direction
- Review and improve other engineer’s code
- Work with engineers to design data models and implement application features.
- Participate in on-call customer support when necessary
- We're a small, distributed team—so excellent communication, and a self-motivated work ethic are essential. Bonus if you’re experienced with remote work.
- The desire to work with no hand-holding—i.e., independently research and design software systems based on business needs. Learning new skills along the way as necessary.
- Experience with the systems needed to build and maintain a full web app stack:
- Experience with interpreted web application frameworks. (Python Pyramids preferred)
- SQL Database experience in concurrent applications
- Basic proficiency in CSS
- Writing pragmatic, productive tests
Nice to have skills:
- Using CLI Git and GitHub
- Docker experience
- High level proficiency in CSS
- Webpack, Babel, ES6
- Linux server management, BASH
- RESTful application design
- AWS infrastructure management, (EC2, Elasticbeanstalk, cloudfront)
- Network debugging
Zoomforth helps customers gather content and easily design beautiful websites. Our software makes the complex simple, and the boring beautiful. It's like Squarespace, but for professional communications.Join a profitable growth-stage startup and work from anywhere, while learning with and from an amazing team. You’ll work alongside our CEO and support some of the most respected startups, agencies, and businesses in the world.
- Network and application security experience