Remote restful apis Jobs in February 2020
8 Remote restful apis Jobs in February 2020Post a job
Quickly maturing startup seeking like minded Sr. Backend-leaning Fullstack Engineer! PacketFabric redefines how companies procure, consume, and manage their network connectivity. The technical team is a small, talented, and close knit group and we need a team member to help us accomplish our goal of making the best darn carrier network on the planet.
- As a well rounded software engineer, you should definitely be the type that appreciates diversity in your day, and challenges outside of your comfort level! A typical day in the life of a PacketFabric senior software engineer might include these types of activities:
- Designing a deterministic lifecycle workflow for our next product offering.
- Writing core platform code for a new feature, and unit tests for functionality.
- Refactoring and improving existing code for performance and simplicity. For example, breaking a large method into smaller, more maintainable and easily tested methods.
- Building command line tools to help network engineers better manage network state.
- Researching additional ideas, you may have to improve the product/platform overall and sharing with the team.
- Interacting with customers and/or sales on a bug in the software, quickly resolving it, and coordinating across the team to push a fix.
- Working with backend engineers and discussing quirks in network protocols and network interconnection which translate rapid API and UI changes.
- The right candidate will have an abundance of hard core programming skills, have solid instincts for API usability and design patterns. You are probably a full stack developer who naturally gravitates towards work on a product core. You know how to sacrifice algorithmic elegance for getting it done on deadline. More specifics include:
- Extensive experience with Python and PHP in large applications developed in a team environment.
- Expert unit tester.
- Experience in large scale distributed systems.
- Extensive experience with the HTTP protocol and developing and using RESTful APIs.
- A solid understanding of OO programming paradigms.
- Experience with a message queue system like RabbitMQ or Kafka.
- Experience using NoSQL data stores like Redis.
- Be completely at home on any *nix command line and building your own tools.
- Very comfortable using Git in a team environment (i.e. pull-requests, branch management, rebasing).
- Experience working in an environment leveraging remote communication collaboration tools like Slack, Zoom etc.
- Never being afraid to venture boldly where none have gone before and develop code where there are no previous libraries to draw from.
- A huge plus for actually doing any router/switch configuration or infrastructure automation.
- Previous exposure to layer 2/3 networking protocols and concepts such as IPv4/6, VLANs, VPNs, BGP, etc.
- Experience with Python-based web application frameworks like Flask, Django, or Sanic
- Any experience interacting with physical world equipment - industrial, medical, etc
- SQL experience.
- Experience with Vue.js, Angular and AngularJS.
- Experience creating large scale data visualizations of any type.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Itemize Backend Engineer will maintain and innovate on existing back-end modules and data stores, R&D on new methodologies with our core IP development team, and build up our serverless (lambda) Node.js APIs to support new functional requirements. Responsibilities will include:
- Design new microservices to support functional requirements and core IP advancements and configure pipeline infrastructure to support CI/CD methodologies
- Write highly scalable and fault-tolerant software
- Assist with operational support to monitor and triage production issues
- Perform operational checks for the production environment
- Work with Node.js, Express, MySQL, AWS Services including API Gateway, Lambda, Cloudwatch, Code Pipeline, and S3 and introduce other technologies as needed
- Collaborate with a supportive and agile virtual team to deliver pragmatic software solutions
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience developing and integrating with RESTful APIs
- Experience with relational database structures and writing efficient SQL queries
- Experience with shipping clear and quality code, unit testing, continuous integration, and test-driven development
- Ability to nimbly switch between assigned tasks and addressing production issues
- A practical and client-focused approach to development
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with Python
- Experience working in a small and dynamic environment
Itemize is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Itemize does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Cloud Academy is the leading digital skills development platform that enables every enterprise to become a tech company through guided Learning Paths, Hands-on Labs, and Skill Assessment. Cloud Academy delivers role-specific training on the leading cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform), essential methodologies needed to operate on and between clouds (DevOps, security, containers), and capabilities that are unlocked by the cloud (big data, machine learning).
Companies like Turner, Cognizant, SAS, and ThermoFisher customize Cloud Academy to contextualize learning and leverage the platform to assign, manage, and measure cloud enablement at scale. Learn more at cloudacademy.com.
Our growing Content Team is now looking for a Labs Developer to create new Labs for our Labs Technology group. This role is a hybrid between a Content Creator and a Technical Writer and we are looking for someone with experience and passion in both.
The ideal person has an understanding of cloud technologies and is passionate to teach what they have learned to others. You will be working with a SaaS product on a team of 3 to 6 people to build online labs.
This position is 100% remote and will report to our Lead Labs Developer.
- Create fulfilling labs and lab challenges in one or more Cloud Academy library categories
- Write infrastructure as code templates to provision resources when labs start
- Secure lab environments by defining least privilege identity and access management policies
- Develop serverless functions to check the progress of users as they progress through labs and lab challenges
- Consistently deliver new labs on time
- Update labs in our library to ensure they are up-to-date and providing the best possible experience for our customers
- Work with the content team to integrate labs and lab challenges into learning paths
- Communicate feedback and ideas to software developers to continuously improve the lab platform
- At least 2 years experience in production environments and/or technical writing
- Able to independently transform a blueprint of a lab into an elegant learning experience for our end users
- Experienced with Amazon Web Services, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with implementing infrastructure as code (CloudFormation, ARM templates, Deployment Manager, or Terraform)
- Proficient with a programming or scripting language, such as Python, Node.js, PowerShell, and/or Bash
- Able to document in clear technical steps
- Work alongside software developers to provide constant feedback on new releases
- Extremely proficient in both written and spoken English
Additionally, the following will be viewed favorably:
- Experienced with automating, designing infrastructure, and developing new features to attract customers
- One or more public cloud vendor certifications
- Experienced with RESTful APIs,
- Familiarity with Git, Hyper-V, Docker, and/or Kubernetes
- Competitive salary with an annual bonus
- Budget for professional development
- 4 weeks paid vacation per year
- Great company culture and work environment
- Highly-skilled teammates and lots of opportunities for growth and development
Note: Although this is a remote position, we are only seeking candidates in European timezones between UTC-1 and UTC+3 to facilitate overlap of working hours.
At PSP Media we develop cloud-based software solutions for the sports industry, enabling clubs and associations to bring their coaching education and administration online. We are soon launching training.app, our B2C platform for sports coaches of all levels anywhere in the world, helping them to improve their coaching by giving them access to high-quality coaching content across all their devices.
As a Backend Engineer you not only maintain our different Laravel applications but also implement new features and build new services/applications from the ground up.
What you will do:
- Work on high-scalable products with PHP7 hosted on a cloud-based infrastructure
- Build and provide internal & external RESTful APIs that ensure a fast & frictionless updating of our products
- Constantly challenge and expand your knowledge of reliable software architecture, programming and new technologies
- Work with agile processes that are adapted to the team’s and project’s needs
What technologies you'll be using:
- PHP7 with Laravel
- Go, Python, Node.js
- MySQL, DynamoDB
- Kubernetes, Docker
- AWS (EKS, EC2, RDS, SQS, SNS, Lambda, CloudWatch, S3, ElastiCache etc)
- Microservices with synchronous and asynchronous communication
The budgeted compensation range for this role is €40,000 to €50,000 annually. The actual compensation offered will be based on relative experience and skills, location and employment type. At this time we are only able to provide official employment status to those located in Malta. All other team members will join as full-time consultants and will be responsible for paying any taxes or applicable fees where they reside.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience with PHP
- 2+ year of professional experience with Laravel
- Solid technical understanding of RESTful API’s
- A strong portfolio of projects in which you have taken part
- Spoken and written English skills on Upper-Intermediate level or higher
- Knowledge of Unit Testing
- OOP skills and knowledge of design patterns
Knowledge of Microservice architecture
Experience with Amazon Web Services (or similar)
Experience with Docker and Kubernetes, CI/CD
Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 in 2019, Marqeta powers modern payment solutions for companies innovating new services and process flows in a digital world. Our platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values to Connect the Customer, Find a Way, Make Simple, Take Risk and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It’s an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.Position Summary
Marqeta is a fast growing technology company with a one-of-a-kind culture. We are devoted to providing meaningful career experiences through challenging work, collaborative partnerships, and ongoing development.
We are looking for a quick-thinking, quality enthusiast who understands releasing great software is not just about reactive testing. As a Software Development Engineer in Test at Marqeta, you’ll be proactively assessing and mitigating risks for our API and Web platform releases, within one of our exciting product verticals. You’ll be solving big quality challenges, coaching Software Engineers and Product Managers in the art of quality testing and helping to create a long-term vision of quality features for our members. You are a passionate member of the team who wants to have high impact; looking for a hands-on technical career. This isn’t just about “Quality Assurance”; we want you to help us create a better product and proactively improve our quality efforts on the whole.Primary Responsibilities
- Write and execute automation testing for REST APIs and web-based applications as well as maintain existing automated tests and tools.
- Work with stakeholders for crafting test plans, resolving test scenarios and constantly update the existing test sets.
- Be a strong quality advocate, collaborating closely with software engineers, designers, and product managers to release revolutionary payment products.
- Pair with software engineers to identify and prevent gaps with automation/regression coverage and even build frameworks.
- Be part of transforming monolithic applications into more scalable and resilient distributed systems with high quality, using cloud technology.
- We value continued learning and development, so you will learn a lot.
- Follow a lightweight Scrum/Kanban methodology.
- 6+ years of experience or its equivalence in a software engineering role.
- Experience working with large-scale test automation frameworks.
- Experience with automation and performance testing for RESTful APIs & Web applications.
- Experience with using and setting up performance testing tools such as Gatling, LoadRunner, JMeter, etc.
- Bonus points for experience with Docker and Jenkins/Drone and Mobile automation.
- Bonus points for experience in the Payments Industry and with Micro-services architecture.
- Bonus points for experience in testing React applications
- Have the ability to solve complex problems with practical, maintainable, and scalable solutions.
- Leverage your extensive experience in previous projects to guard code quality and take opportunities to mentor juniors.
- Express what you know comfortably and confidently, especially during code reviews.
- Accept feedback with eagerness to learn more.
- Self-aware with the desire to continually improve.
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
- Monthly commuter and parking subsidy
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts and employee perks
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays and more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
BEE (https://beefree.io) - MailUp Group’s Business Unit that develops and markets a popular drag-&-drop email builder - is looking for a Customer Support Engineer to join the team in North America.
As a Customer Support Engineer, reporting directly to the Support & Community Manager of the business unit, your role will be to help in the adoption and use of BEE Plugin, the embeddable version of our email editor. Over 500 software companies around the world have already decided to license and embed BEE instead of developing their own drag-n-drop editor because by doing so they save time, money, and all the complexity of creating & managing a new product.
Your core responsibilities will be:
Assist prospects in the discovery of BEE Plugin features, at a technical level.
Help new customers in the implementation of the editor within their SaaS application.
Support existing customers when their support requests are escalated to you.
Help the development team by performing technical troubleshooting on those escalated tickets.
You will carry them out by:
Becoming an expert user of BEE Plugin, the embeddable version of the BEE editor.
Becoming very familiar with the sample code that prospects use to build Proof Of Concepts with BEE Plugin, and contribute to the code base, whenever able to do so.
Becoming intimately familiar with - and a contributor to - BEE Plugin technical documentation, which helps prospects understand the potential of the product & build prototypes with it, and helps customers implement the software in their SaaS applications.
Identifying and troubleshooting issues that prospects and new customers are reporting while integrating BEE Plugin, resolving as many as you can on your own, and escalating them when needed to the engineering team as bugs, or to the product team as product feedback.
Interact with prospects and customers remotely through a variety of channels used by the company, which include: phone calls, video calls, Slack chats, support tickets (Zendesk), threads in the Community portion of our Web site, questions posted to the technical documentation site, and more.
Collaborating with the Sales, Support, Development & Product teams to deliver a user experience to our prospects and customers that’s as seamless as possible.
Providing the product and engineering team with continuous feedback, which includes opening detailed bug reports in the bug tracking system (JIRA).
What we offer
BEE stands for "Best Email Editor" and that's the original, ambitious goal chosen for this project. Made with lots of passion between the United States and Italy, BEE is becoming a standard for digital content creation, starting with emails (“beautiful emails, fast”, is one of our tag lines). The editor is used by hundreds of thousands of people every month at beefree.io and embedded in over 600 SaaS applications.
When you join our company, you can expect:
Full time work in a fast growing, exciting project with worldwide recognition as a market-leader in our industry.
A dynamic team, geographically dispersed (Italy, USA), working with a startup mindset.
Flexibility: trust is one of our values and we strongly believe in results and in the continuous feedback culture.
Yearly team retreat, often in Italy (in 2019 the BEE team retreat was here).
Many opportunities for professional development through your daily exposure to marketing-leading products, and also through access to online training resources (free, unlimited course subscription to Udemy) and offline events (attendance to conferences, etc.).
Competitive salary plus incentive-based compensation.
Health insurance benefits;
401K plan with employer matching;
Commuter benefits, and many other benefits.
The legal name of the BEE business unit is MailUp, Inc., a Delaware corporation that is a wholly-owned subsidiary of MailUp SPA (MailUp Group’s head legal entity). MailUp, Inc. is headquartered in Oakland, California.
What we are looking for
Computer science degree or equivalent experience.
3+ years of experience as a full-stack Web developer.
2+ years of experience in a customer-facing technical role: technical support, product support, training, etc.
Outstanding communication skills: you love interacting with both customers & team members, in writing or in person/video call.
Outstanding writing skills: you enjoy explaining things to people in writing, providing examples, how-to’s, and ensuring that the message gets across.
Troubleshooting skills: you enjoy finding the cause behind a specific problem, explaining it to others, and working with others to help find a solution.
Organizational skills: you like working independently and are able to organize your activities without supervision.
Experience with customer support software like Zendesk is a plus.
Experience with B2B SaaS is a major plus.
Location & Travel
North America (US or Canada). We have an office in Oakland, CA, but you can work remotely as well.
If you work remotely, we may ask you to join us in Oakland (or another location) for in-person sessions from time to time.
Some travel may be required to help at our booth when we sponsor a conference.
Some travel will be required for our yearly team retreat. Between travel and meeting time, the retreat typically requires about a week of your time. We will provide ample notice so that you can plan for it.
Beat is one of the most exciting companies to ever come out of the ride-hailing space. One city at a time, all across the globe we make transportation affordable, convenient, and safe for everyone. We also help hundreds of thousands of people earn extra income as drivers.
Today we are the fastest-growing ride-hailing service in Latin America. But serving millions of rides every day pales in comparison to what lies ahead. Our plans for expansion are limitless. Our stellar engineering team operates across a number of European capitals where, right now, some of the world’s most ambitious and talented engineers are changing how cities will move in the future.
Beat is currently available in Greece, Peru, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Argentina.
About the role
Are you a Senior iOS Developer who has excellent problem solving skills and loves technical challenges? If yes, then jump into our Beat team and build with us an amazing product with international reach!
Our iOS team is working on some great features that are significantly improving the way people interact with our app and move in the city, and we’re ready to deploy a number of very cool new services to expand our footprint in the market.
You will get the opportunity to work on one of the most used and well liked apps in the Latin America (#1 in Transportation Category and 5 million active users). What is interesting is that you will work not only on one, but two large scale apps, both at the same time (Passenger, Driver).
Beat takes great care of all employees and your personal development is at our utmost interest. As such, a generous conference allowance is provided to help you improve your skill set and enrich your knowledge (UIKonf, App Builders, WWDC).
What you'll do day in day out:
Take ownership and have an impact on the product
Assist the product team with shaping the product’s vision
Be part of one of our agile, cross-functional teams (mobile, backend, QA, design and product)
Be involved in designing and implementing new product ideas
Analyze current state of the codebase, propose architectural and technological improvements, automate processes and scale the iOS team
Take full ownership of building apps from architecturing to coding, testing and publishing
Work side by side with designers to create scalable UIs
Coach and mentor fellow engineers
Constantly learn, improve on your skills, share knowledge and adapt to industry-wide best practices, processes and conventions
Experiment on pure engineering tasks that can improve the team’s day-to-day life
What you need to have:
3+ years of native iOS app development experience
Expert understanding of the Apple ecosystem and UIKit building blocks
Passion for Apple platforms
Understanding of Agile development methodologies
Detail-oriented, focusing on writing maintainable and testable code of high quality
Experience in developing apps with Swift and Objective-C
Experience with iOS architectural patterns (MVC, MVVM)
Experience working with RESTful APIs
PR and code reviews expertise
A strong sense of ownership in your work
Experience with testing (Unit/Integration/UI Automation)
Experience in version control and source code management platforms (Git, Github)
You stay up to date on the latest technology, trends and keep yourself informed about best practices during app development
Have a positive mindset, be proactive and a team player
What it's nice to have:
Experience with Asynchronous programming (GCD)
Experience with watchOS
Experience with Dependency Injection
Experience with Geo-Location based apps
Experience with TDD
Experience with xcbuild and CI/CD
Open source contributions and projects
Active participant at meet-ups and conferences in the iOS community
Experience working with remote teams
What's in it for you
Competitive salary package
Flexible working hours
High tech equipment and top line tools
A great opportunity to grow and work with the most amazing people in the industry
Being part of an environment that gives engineers large goals, autonomy, mentoring and creates incredible opportunities both for you and the company
Please note that you will be working as a contractor.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Beat is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.
Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development.
Fastly’s customers use our edge cloud platform to ensure concertgoers can buy tickets to the live events they love, travelers can book flights seamlessly and embark on their next great adventure, and sports fans can stream events in real time, across devices. They include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Spotify, Alaska Airlines, Hulu, The New York Times, and Ticketmaster.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Senior Engineering Manager, Capacity Planning Tools
The Capacity Planning Tools Team creates the customized tools needed to efficiently build out Fastly’s Network and Datacenter Infrastructure. As we operate our own hardware in colocation facilities, there are many components to track, from hardware orders to utilization metrics. Better insights into the operations of these projects contribute in a very direct way to Fastly’s financial health, as well as the ability for team members to make strategic decisions for our growth.
We are looking for a Software Engineering Manager to support the team that delivers analytical and tracking tools for managing the expansion of Fastly's global network.What You’ll Do
What We’re Looking For
- Manage a distributed engineering team and provide guidance on system design decisions.
- Act as a teacher and player/coach; providing technical mentorship and being a force multiplier to the software development velocity of the team.
- Provide regular feedback to engineers to ensure their professional growth.
- Prioritize features, new projects, and research activities into regular releases. Keep the team apprised of the timelines for delivery, and coordinate the process of turning user requirements into coherent designs.
- Build out engineering practices for code reviews, design reviews, and testing, as well as processes to keep systems compliant with data governance guidelines.
- Promote engagement with Infrastructure teams before and after features are deployed by running demos, user feedback sessions, and blameless post-mortems after projects are completed.
- Recruit and hire software engineers.
- Pragmatic, detail-oriented, and empathetic individuals who are genuinely delighted to work with hardworking small teams and get a chance to know the end-users of the products personally.
- Significant experience and preference for working with remote-first teams.
- A high level of organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize, lead, communicate clearly, and deliver to the needs of the larger Network and Datacenter Infrastructure team.
- Engineering management experience working on web-application projects with significant data processing components.
- Proficiency in SQL and experience working with large datasets, which is to be expected when you're reporting on a large and rapidly expanding global edge network.
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit, please apply!
Fastly provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicant’s race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.