Contrast Security, Inc. is the world’s leading provider of security technology that enables software applications to protect themselves against cyberattacks. Contrast's patented deep security instrumentation is the breakthrough technology that enables highly accurate analysis and always-on protection of an entire application portfolio, without disruptive scanning or expensive security experts. Only Contrast has intelligent agents that work actively inside applications to prevent data breaches, defeat hackers, and secure the entire enterprise from development to operations, to production.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are looking for a dynamic, creative, strategic, and scrappy leader for our Product Marketing team. As the Head of Product Marketing, you will be responsible for the global product marketing activities for Contrast Security’s innovative application security solutions. This role is a highly visible role that interfaces across product, sales, corporate marketing and customer success to achieve success. You are responsible for defining the product and feature positioning, messaging, go-to-market plan, and success metrics.
You will craft the messaging for solutions targeted at protecting applications from hackers and data breaches. You'll conceive and develop content that helps communicate our value to customers and enables our sales organization to educate our prospects on our products and vision effectively. Attention to detail and an eye for quality is crucial, along with the ability to grasp and translate highly technical feature sets into business value propositions. It also requires you to be a strategic thinker and have the business savvy to drive segment opportunity.
In your role as Head of Product Marketing, you will be the expert on our buyer and influencer personas and translate that knowledge into compelling content and sales tools. Reporting to the Chief Strategy Officer, you’ll build and manage a growing team of 10+ product marketing professionals.
- Hire, manage, and motivate a global product marketing team to do great work
- Own the go-to-market strategy, process and enablement
- Define our positioning, messaging – translate features and functionality into customer benefits
- Develop sales enablement programs, presentations, and tools to communicate intended value propositions that help us win
- Product content – Author informative, persuasive content for delivery through multiple channels
- Partner with Corporate Marketing to create compelling marketing materials and messages that span digital & print to communicate effectively, expand pipeline & drive awareness in market
- Analyst Relations – Own industry analyst relationships and education to further the Contrast thought leader position
- Drive internal product education and awareness
- Lead Product launches – Plan the launch of new product releases and measure success
- Public speaking – Present to audiences at industry events, tradeshows and customer meetings
- Customer pulse – Help identify customer requirements and, working with Product Management, define product strategy
- Build data-backed measurable KPIs for all activities
- Inspire action through data-driven insights and execute with operational rigor and efficiency
- 7+ years leading product marketing, product management, or marketing teams
- Experience marketing technology products to large or mid-market buyers
- Familiarity one or more of these product markets: cybersecurity, IT, software development
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
- High emotional intelligence
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a strong sense of diplomacy in all interactions (please feel free to share technical content and product collateral in advance; work samples will be requested)
- Deadline driven – can manage multiple projects and stay on schedule
- Willingness to travel ~10-20%
- Excitement to work at a start-up in a hyper-growth environment
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with colleagues, cross-functional and virtual teams, customers, prospects, and third parties
- Passionate about our customers and understanding what drives and motivates them
- Decisive but flexible, and able to perform and adapt quickly in a dynamic, rapidly changing, and fast-paced environment
What We Offer:
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
We are changing the world of software security. Do it with us.
We believe in what we do and are passionate about helping our customers secure their business. We work hard, and we have fun doing it.
Solve the impossible. Easy = boring. If you’re looking for a fun work environment and like a challenge, you’ll love Contrast Security.
By submitting your application, you are providing Personally Identifiable Information about yourself (cover letter, resume, references, or other employment-related information) and hereby give your consent for Contrast Security, and/ or our HR-related Service Providers, to use this information for the purpose of processing, evaluating and responding to your application for current and future career opportunities. Contrast Security is an equal opportunity employer and our team is comprised of individuals from many diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and locations.
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) will go into effect on January 1, 2020. Under CCPA, businesses must be overtly transparent about the personal information they collect, use, and store on California residents. CCPA also gives employees, applicants, independent contractors, emergency contacts and dependents (“CA Employee”) new rights to privacy.
In connection with your role here at Contrast, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to, or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect, use or store include your name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, demographic information, and other electronic network activity information by way of mobile device management on your Contrast-issued equipment. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information (the majority of which is provided by you) about you for human resources and other business-driven purposes, including evaluating your performance here at Contrast, evaluating you as a candidate for promotion within Contrast, managing compensation (including payroll and benefits), record keeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting background checks as permitted by law, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements for Contrast. We collect, use and store the minimal amount of information possible.
We also collect Personal Information in connection with your application for benefits. In addition to the above, Personal Information also identifies those on behalf of whom you apply for benefits. During your application for benefits, the categories of Personal Information that we collect include name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, emergency contact information, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information for administering the benefits for which you are applying and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Contrast policies.
As a California resident, you are entitled to certain rights under CCPA:
· You have the right to know what personal information we have collected from you as a California employee.
· You have the right to know what personal information is sold or disclosed and to whom. That said, we do not sell your information, we do, however, disclose information to third parties in connection with the management of payroll, employee benefits, etc. to fulfill our obligations to you as an employee of Contrast. each of those third parties have been served with a Notice to Comply with CCPA or have entered into a CCPA Addendum with Contrast which includes them from selling your information.
· You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information. Again, we do not sell it, but you might want to be aware of that as a "consumer" in California with respect to other businesses' and the right to be free from retaliation for exercising any rights.
If you have any questions, please let us know.