Remote object oriented development Jobs in March 2020
2 Remote object oriented development Jobs in March 2020Post a job
About UsAt Fishtown Analytics, our mission is to empower analysts to create and disseminate organizational knowledge. The product we create, dbt (data build tool, https://getdbt.com), is used by thousands of companies every week, and that number is growing fast. We're looking for a software engineer to build cloud applications that make using dbt even more delightful and powerful.Who we areAt Fishtown Analytics, we have developed strong opinions on how companies should practice analytics.Specifically, we believe that:- Code, not graphical user interfaces, is the best abstraction to express complex analytic logic- Data analysts should adopt similar practices and tools to software developers- Critical analytics infrastructure should be controlled by its users as open source software- Analytic code itself — not just analytics tools — will increasingly be open sourceIt turns out that a lot of other people believe this too! Over the course of the past several years we've built a community of 4,000+ people and 1,300 companies who are using our ideas, products, and workflows to conduct analytics, including Lyft, Monzo, GitLab, Snowflake, the ACLU, Amazon, JetBlue, and RentTheRunway. Our product, dbt (https://www.getdbt.com/), has come to be synonymous with the practice of analytics engineering, defining an entire industry.We’re on a mission to empower analysts to create and disseminate organizational knowledge. If this sounds like a mission you could get behind, we're excited to get your help to continue to power this growth into the future.In this role you can expect to...
- Collaborate with the product and dbt core development teams to develop our SaaS, dbt Cloud
- Build the next generation of UI components and platform features that will make dbt more accessible, delightful, and powerful
You are probably a good fit if you...
- Work with variety of programming languages, systems, and technologies, including: Python, Postgres, Kubernetes, and AWS
- Have strong fundamentals in a variety of software development paradigms (e.g. object oriented, functional)
- Understand how to make tradeoffs to ship useful features today without sacrificing long-term quality
- Value interacting with end-users and deeply understanding their needs
You have an edge if you…
- Are highly motivated and able to work autonomously
- Have worked on a small team developing and deploying a SaaS product
- Have direct experience scaling out data platforms, especially with Kubernetes and/or AWS
- Have experience working on a distributed team
- Salary: $70k - $110k
At Fishtown Analytics, we are committed to hiring and cultivating a diverse team. If you are on the fence about whether you meet our requirements, please apply anyway!Fishtown Analytics is headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, but our Engineering team is distributed throughout the continental United States.
- Benefits: Unlimited vacation, 401k w/ 3% guaranteed contribution, health/vision/dental insurance, and paid parental leave
Formstack transforms the way you collect data and put it to work.
We are looking for a Senior Software Developer to help us accomplish this mission!
Formstack is a 14-year-old company with its roots in Indianapolis. Our customers span 110 different countries, and our employees live and work across the U.S. and the globe. We provide a work environment that is flexible and provides great freedom for those who can perform. We are seeking people who demonstrate an ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
Who You Are:
What You Will Do:
- Your primary focus will be the development of server-side capabilities on our eSignature SaaS platform and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
- You will execute projects, fix bugs, write tests, reduce technical debt, and maintain our documentation.
- You will collaborate with various teams on a daily basis to make sure what we are creating will support both our internal and external stakeholders.
- You will work with a Scrum methodology to make sure features ship as they are planned and scheduled.
What We Are Looking For:
- Knowledge of Node.js and frameworks such as Express to build RESTful APIs returning JSON
- DevOps experience and mentality - You recognize the importance of automating all build, test, and deploy activities for an application and have experience with CI/CD tools such as CircleCI, Jenkins, GitHub Actions and provisioning tools such as Terraform or Cloudformation.
- Solid foundation in writing queries and updating NoSQL databases such as AWS DynamoDB
- Understanding of serverless tools (AWS Lambda, serverless.com and/or Claudia.js frameworks)
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as HTML5, and CSS3 and React/AngularJS
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with object-oriented development with Java a plus - especially with using Java APIs for PDF manipulation such as iText, Apache PDFBox, or JPedal
- Mobile app development experience
- Experience working with well-performing agile teams
- Experience working on a SaaS product
- Experience integrating with 3rd party web applications (through REST API))
- AWS certifications
What Formstack Offers:
- Free health plans, as well as company-paid Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance Benefits for full-time employees.
- Unlimited PTO for all employees
- 401k with matching company contribution for full-time employees
- The most up-to-date technology, including company-issued Macs, the latest software and other tools needed to excel at your job
- Company-paid conferences and extended learning
- Yearly company gatherings
Want to learn more about who we are and what we value? CLICK HERE to hear from some current Formstackers about what matters most!
Formstack is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
All data collected in our application process from resume collection to application questions is used for recruitment purposes only. We will store it in our applicant tracking system, JazzHR, and will not share this data with anyone else. We will keep your data until the role is filled and only continue to store it if we feel you may fit future roles.
Thank you for your interest in Formstack!