Remote nlp Jobs in February 2020
5 Remote nlp Jobs in February 2020Post a job
At Writefull, we use AI to help people write academic texts. We have a stand-alone writing editor for researchers, and also offer our feedback services to clients like publishers and educational institutions. Most of the feedback that Writefull gives is based on Deep Learning models.
We are looking for the best of the best frontends. If you are interested in building tools used by researchers worldwide, email us at [email protected], and please include a link to your GitHub account or portfolio.
NOTE: we will ignore e-mails by agencies.
At Writefull, we use the latest NLP techniques to help people with their academic writing. We target researchers, publishers, and institutions - and develop writing tools for each of their needs.
We launched the first version of our product in 2014. In 2018, we got investment from Digital Science, a big player in research-focused startups, and we've been one of their portfolio companies ever since.
Over the last few years, we've advanced our main product to an editor that uses AI to give automatic feedback on texts. We're an absolute frontrunner in how we use the latest NLP techniques to give feedback on academic writing.
We recently started developing tools besides the editor, so that users can get our language feedback in different ways. We're integrating Writefull into existing tools, as well as developing platforms for specific customers.
For these challenges, we're looking for developers to join our team!
Working with us means diving into the areas of science, language, and AI. It also means being part of a passionate and highly skilled team, giving you the opportunity to learn and grow. Our work culture is flexible in terms of time and location, but we do take our deadlines seriously. Our current team members work remotely from The Netherlands, Spain, and England.
Flexible working hours
Budget for travel and training
Equipment costs covered
Auth0 is a pre-IPO unicorn. We are growing rapidly and looking for exceptional new team members to add to our teams and will help take us to the next level. One team, one score.
We never compromise on identity. You should never compromise yours either. We want you to bring your whole self to Auth0. If you’re passionate, practice radical transparency to build trust and respect, and thrive when you’re collaborating, experimenting and learning – this may be your ideal work environment. We are looking for team members that want to help us build upon what we have accomplished so far and make it better every day. N+1 > N.
The Data Scientist will help build, scale and maintain the entire data science platform. The ideal candidate will have a deep technical understanding, hands-on experience in building Machine Learning models coming up with valuable insights, and promoting a data-driven culture across the organization. They would not hesitate to wrangle data, if necessary, understand the business objectives and have a good understanding of the entire data stack.
This position plays a key role in data initiatives, analytics projects, and influencing key stakeholders with critical business insights. You should be passionate for continuous learning, experimenting, applying and contributing towards cutting edge open source Data Science technologies.
- Use Python and the vast array of AI/ML libraries to analyze data and build statistical models to solve specific business problems.
- Improve upon existing methodologies by developing new data sources, testing model enhancements, and fine-tuning model parameters.
- Collaborate with researchers, software developers, and business leaders to define product requirements and provide analytical support.
- Directly contribute to the design and development of automated selection systems.
- Build customer-facing reporting tools to provide insights and metrics which track system performance.
- Communicate verbally and in writing to business customers and leadership team with various levels of technical knowledge, educating them about our systems, as well as sharing insights and recommendations
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Applied Math, Operations Research, Engineering, Computer Science, or a related quantitative field2 years of working experience as a Data ScientistProficient with data analysis and modeling software such as Spark, R, Python etc.
- Proficient with using scripting language such as Python and data manipulation/analysis libraries such as Scikit-learn and Pandas for analyzing and modeling data.
- Experienced in using multiple data science methodologies to solve complex business problems.
- Experienced in handling large data sets using SQL and databases in a business environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment.
- Master's degree in Statistics, Applied Math, Operations Research, Engineering, Computer Science, or a related quantitative field.
- 2+ years’ experience as a Data Scientist.
- Fluency in a scripting or computing language (e.g. Python, Scala, C++, Java, etc.)
- Superior verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively advocate technical solutions to scientists, engineering teams and business audiences.
- Experienced in writing academic-styled papers for presenting both the methodologies used and results for data science projects.
- Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, ability to self-motivate, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment.
- Combination of deep technical skills and business savvy to interface with all levels and disciplines within our and our customer’s organizations
Skills and Abilities
- + BA/BS in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experienceAbility to write, analyze, and debug SQL queries.
- Exceptional Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Fluent in implementing logistic regression, random forest, XGBoost, bayesian and ARIMA in Python/RExperience in User path navigation with Markov Chain, STAN Bayesian analysis for A/B testingFamiliarity with Sentiment Analysis (NLP) and LSTM AI modelsExperience in full AI/ML life-cycle from model development, training, deployment, testing, refining and iterating.
- Experience in Tableau, Apache SuperSet, Looker or similar BI tools.
- Knowledge of AWS Redshift, Snowflake or similar databases
- #US; #AR;
We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer. We have raised $210M to date and are growing quickly. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles.
Join us on this journey to make developers more productive while making the internet safer!
Lambda School is a combination of a school and an investment fund. Lambda School's mission is to find untapped or underutilized talent, and to train that talent for the most in-demand jobs in the world. Lambda School is pioneering a new model of higher education in which the school invests in the students, instead of the other way around.Lambda has just successfully completed its Series B fundraising round with premier tier venture investors. We are operating in 40+ states across the US today and eyeing international expansion opportunities.This is a student-facing role on the Instruction team, reporting into to a Program Manager. As a full-time Instructor, you’ll be a core part of our Data Science program, responsible for delivering curriculum, and collaborating cross-functionally with curriculum development and student operations to provide a high-quality experience for our students. Your role in collaboration is as the subject-matter expert, helping steer efforts in a way that aligns with our students mastering Data Science.What You'll Do:
- Teach guided projects in PST morning hours, working closely with Team Leads and monitoring overall student participation and performance
- Review curriculum with cohort Team Leads (TLs) and Section Leads (SLs) so they can better support students in absorbing the instruction content
- Deliver curriculum that produces job market ready graduates
- Collaborate with curriculum team on the development of Data Science curriculum, providing strong subject-matter expertise to ensure curriculum reflects current and robust Data Science practices
- Coordinate cross functionally across multiple teams to contribute to the goals and initiatives of the Data Science program in conjunction with learning leadership plans and objectives
- Provide strong subject-matter expertise in Data Science, including foundational mathematics/statistics, practical software and data pipeline development, and current techniques such as neural networks and NLP
What You'll Need:
- Report to the Data Science Program Manager, providing details of status and student performance for the portion of curriculum you are responsible for
- If your highest education is High School Diploma or GED, you are required to have 5+ years of working experience in the Data Science industry
- If your highest education is a College Degree (proof required), you are required to have 3+ years of working experience in the technical field
- General Python skills, and experience with the Python Data Science ecosystem (pandas, numpy, scikit-learn, etc.)
- Strong subject-matter expertise in Data Science - being broadly aware of practices, and knowing at least a few subtopics in depth
- Experience in teaching and/or curriculum design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfortable and compelling in public speaking situations
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals
- Self-starting with the ability to effectively work autonomously with little oversight
- Intelligent, dedicated, flexible with a willingness to experiment
Bonus If You:
- Have an interest in keeping up with the latest information in your field
- Are familiar with Zoom, Slack, or Notion
- Have a well known blog or high traffic Youtube channel focusing on Data Science
- Have presented at or have run local tech meet-ups
At Lambda School, we're looking to hire people with grit and integrity. Please apply even if your experience and interests aren't an exact match with what we've laid out in this job description. We're building something different at Lambda. If that sounds interesting, we want to hear from you.Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Have prior rapid growth start up experience
As a data scientist you will push the boundaries of deep learning & NLP by conducting research in cutting-edge AI and apply that research to production scale data. Our data includes a large corpora of global patents in multiple languages and a wealth of metadata. The focus of your work will be to analyze, visualize, and interpret large text corpora as well as more traditional structured data. This includes recommending and implementing ML-based product features. We also expect to publish primary research and contribute to FOSS that we use.
This is an exciting opportunity to part of a startup that is applying deep learning to a real-world problem at global scale. We’re always looking for leaders and there is room to grow for the right person to take increasing responsibility working as part of a small and dynamic team.
Tokyo, Melbourne, San Francisco (willing to negotiate remote work as well)
Architect and implement software libraries for batch processing, API-based predictions, and static analyses
Rapidly iterate on the design, implementation and evaluation of machine learning algorithms for document corpora
Report and present software developments including status and results clearly and efficiently, verbally and in writing
Participate in strategy discussions about technology roadmap, solution architecture, and product design
Strict adherence to clean code paradigms
Minimum Qualifications and Education Requirements:
BSc/BEng degree in computer science, mathematics, machine learning, computational linguistics or equivalent (MSc/MEng preferable)
Experience with implementing statistical methods and data visualization
Good knowledge of computer science principles underpinning the implementation of machine learning algorithms
Experience with deep learning approaches to NLP, particularly RNNs
Experience implementing deep learning models in TensorFlow or PyTorch
Contributions to open source projects
Passion for new developments in AI
Experience with GCP or AWS
A track record of machine learning code that is:
To apply, please contact us at [email protected] with your CV.
Kalepa is looking for Data Scientists to lead efforts at the intersection of machine learning and big data engineering in order to solve some of the biggest problems in commercial insurance.
Data scientists at Kalepa will be turning vast amounts of structured and unstructured data from many sources (web data, geolocation, satellite imaging, etc.) into novel insights about behavior and risk. You will be working closely with a small team in designing, building, and deploying machine learning models to tackle our customers’ questions.
Kalepa is a New York based, VC backed, startup building software to transform and disrupt commercial insurance. Nearly one trillion ($1T) dollars are spent globally each year on commercial insurance across small, medium, and large enterprises. However, the process for estimating the risk associated with a given business across various perils (e.g. fire, injury, malpractice) is still reliant on inefficient and inaccurate manual forms or outdated and sparse databases. This information asymmetry leads to a broken set of economic incentives and a poor experience for both businesses and insurers alike. By combining cutting edge data science, enterprise software, and insurance expertise, Kalepa is delivering precision underwriting at scale – empowering every commercial insurance underwriter to be as effective and efficient as possible. Kalepa is turning real-world data into a complete understanding of risk.
Kalepa is led by a strong team with experiences from Facebook, APT (acquired by Mastercard for $600M in 2015), the Israel Defense Forces, MIT, Berkeley, and UPenn.
● You want to design a flexible analytics, data science, and AI framework to transform the insurance industry
● You have demonstrated success in delivering analytical projects, including structuring and conducting analyses to generate business insights and recommendations
● You have in-depth understanding of applied machine learning algorithms and statistics
● You are experienced in Python and its major data science libraries, and have deployed models and algorithms in production
● You have a good understanding of SQL and non-SQL databases
● You value open, frank, and respectful communication
● You are a proactive and collaborative problem solver with a “can do” attitude
● You have a sincere interest in working at a startup and scaling with the company as we grow
As a plus:
You have experience in NLP and/or computer vision
You have familiarity with Spark, Hadoop, or Scala
You have experience working with AWS tools
What you’ll get
● Work with an ambitious, smart, and fun team to transform a $1T global industry
● Ground floor opportunity – opportunity to build the foundations for the product, team, and culture alongside the founding team
● Wide-ranging intellectual challenges working with large and diverse data sets, as well as with a modern technology stack
● Competitive compensation package with a significant equity component
● Full benefits package, including excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance
● Unlimited vacation and flexible remote work policies
● Continuing education credits and a healthy living / gym monthly stipend
[IMPORTANT NOTE]: Salary ranges are for New York based employees. Compensation for remote roles will be adjusted according to the cost of living and market in the specific geography.