Remote marketplace Jobs in April 2020
14 Remote marketplace Jobs in April 2020Post a job
🔥 NEW: -50% on Remotive Community Memberships during COVID 19.Remotive Slack Community
Senior Data Architect/Engineer
Software Engineering Manager I
NoWho We Are
At TCGplayer, we provide eCommerce and software services that connect the collectible gaming industry. We’re best known for being the top online marketplace and price resource for trading card games like Magic: The Gathering, Yu-Gi-Oh! and Pokémon. We also provide services to local game stores across the country to help them grow their businesses. Our order fulfillment program helps local game stores streamline shipping for their online orders, saving them time and money.Job Summary
The Engineering Team at TCGplayer creates and maintains a suite of products in support of our role as the leading online marketplace for trading card games and collectibles. We build applications and technologies that connect thousands of businesses with customers across the collectible gaming industry, powering sales through physical stores, websites, mobile apps and the TCGplayer Marketplace.
The Senior Data Engineer is responsible for overseeing junior data engineering activities and aiding in building the business’ data collection systems and processing pipelines. The role of the Senior Data Engineer is responsible for building and maintaining optimized and highly available data pipelines that facilitate deeper analysis and reporting by the Data and Analytics department.
The Senior Data Engineer builds data processing frameworks that handle the business’s growing database. He works with senior data science leadership as well as other Data and Analytics teams in leveraging data with reporting and scientific tools, for example, Tableau, and Spark. The Senior Data Engineer strives to continuously develop new and improved data engineering capabilities.Essential Functions
- Integrating data solutions with the current platform to ingest data into appropriate data structures (RDBMS vs Redis vs kafka vs dynamo vs others)
- Leverage big data technologies to aggregate and analyze user behavior data (perhaps Redshift, Tableau, and all the modelling tools in between)
- Take a data-driven approach when designing and testing search and recommendation relevance models
- Monitor data platforms and web services for data integrity and system reliability
- Work with other teams to create microservice applications and API interfaces (accent on proper DB design, injection and retrieval of data)
- Designing and building robust and efficient data pipelines which support recommender systems, search engine indexing, and a variety of web services
Competency (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Strive to gain a deeper understanding of customer behaviors and sales trends in order to deliver actionable insights
- Provide technical expertise on large scale distributed systems, data collection and storage, and information retrieval (reliability, localization, distribution, scalability, etc)
- Implement and maintain data streams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience designing and implementing MapReduce or Spark jobs
- Experience working with a variety of SQL and NoSQL data storage solutions
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree and 7 years of relevant industry or academic experience, or Relevant Master's Degree plus 4 years of relevant industry or academic experience, or 11 years of practical experience.
- Programing language expertise in C#
- Mastery of at least one NoSQL repository (DynamoDB, MongoDB, redis)
- Expert with at least one Queueing technology such as (SQS, S3, Kafka, Rabbit MQ)
- Fluent with Visual Studio
- Expert with SQL, and RDBMS Technologies such as (MS SQL Server, Oracle, PostGres)
- Expert working with AWS Technologies like EC2, Kinesis, S3, Lambda, etc
- Expert understanding of Elastic Search technologies
- Experience with (Clojure, Go, java)
- Expert understanding of .NET architectures (ASP, Core, MVC, Entity Framework)
- Fluent with a monitoring technology (New Relic, Data Dog, Scalyr)
- Fluent with AWS API Gateway
The role involves the following physical demands on a regular basis:
- Mobility to work in a standard office setting and use standard office equipment, including a computer
- Sitting or standing for an extended period of time, up to 8 hours per day
- Ability to use vision to read computer screen and read printed materials
- Frequently required to stand, talk and hear
- Ability to work in an open office environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
TCGplayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Crunch.io, part of the YouGov PLC is hiring an Advanced React API Developer to help develop our platform. We are inviting you to join our small, fully remote team of developers and operators helping make our platform faster, more secure, and more reliable. You would help us deliver new features, explore different ways of problem solving, and discover, explain, and defend your choices in implementation.
Crunch.io is a market-defining company in the analytics SaaS marketplace. We’re a company on the rise. We’ve built a revolutionary platform that transforms our customers’ ability to drive insight from market research and survey data. We offer a complete survey data analysis platform that allows market researchers, analysts, and marketers to collaborate in a secure, cloud-based environment, using a simple, intuitive drag-and-drop interface to prepare, analyze, visualize and deliver survey data and analysis. Quite simply, Crunch provides the quickest and easiest way for anyone, from CMO to PhD, with zero training, to analyze survey data. Users create tables, charts, graphs and maps. They filter, and slice-and-dice survey data directly in their browser.
On the front-end team, we feel strongly about developing solutions that are both technically and aesthetically sound. We invite you to bring your experience and perspective to conversations about the future growth of our applications and environment. We work closely together, with a healthy and non-combative review process aimed at improving code as well as developing each other’s skills. In short, we strive to write solid, thoroughly tested, and readable code; and we are seeking a new member of our already highly-effective team.
What you'll do:
- Work on new features with other front-end team members.
- Triage, unravel, test, and resolve bugs and issues.
- Update existing code in parallel with backend changes to ensure uninterrupted operation.
- Review your colleagues’ work on pull requests.
- Propose, discuss, and debate technology improvements, code organization, design patterns, and conventions employed in the front-end development environment.
- Use your extensive experience to train and mentor other developers on the front-end team.
Front-end developers on our platform are first-class team members. Although your focus is primarily on TypeScript, you will gain familiarity with the entire system. Some of the technologies that enable us to achieve our well-designed, efficient, and performant applications are:
- TypeScript (latest specification)
- Webpack + Babel (ES6 modules)
- React + Redux
- Styled Components
- Unit testing with Jest (we have over 5500 unit tests across our app)
- Jenkins for continuous integration and deployment
If you have experience or interest in these additional areas, you may have the opportunity to work with them as part of your role:
- End-to-end testing using cypress
- Responsive design / mobile / touch interfaces
- Advanced to expert-level React skills with demonstrated experience.
- A firm command of TypeScript.
- Commitment to high development standards, including comprehensive testing.
- Demonstrated ability to work with team of peers, understanding and respecting the responsibilities and expertise that developers, designers, QA staff, and others bring to the project.
- Ability to provide reasonable estimates on work, meet deadlines, and take ownership and responsibility.
- Well-developed principles of self-motivation and time management.
- An appetite for continual improvement and growth.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Programming, Computer Science, or Engineering-related field.
- Current or former contributor to a significant open-source React library.
More about Crunch:
Our start-up culture is casual, respectful of each other’s varied backgrounds and lives, and high-energy because of our shared dedication to our product and our mission. We are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, and fantastic customer service! Crunch has no offices and fully embraces a 100% remote culture. We have 40 employees spread across 5 continents. Remote work at Crunch is flexible and largely independent, yet highly cooperative.
Help build a world class machine learning deployment solution that solves real-industry problems at a massive scale
Join a remote-friendly company - work anywhere in the US or Canada including your sofa, the beach, or our Seattle waterfront office
Experience rapid growth in an AI startup, backed by industry leaders including Google’s AI fund
Algorithmia automates, optimizes, and accelerates every step of the journey to deploying of AI and ML at scale. We allow anyone to run models on a massively parallel infrastructure in minutes instead of months. In our cloud or your datacenter - all completely managed for maximum performance at minimum cost. Already trusted by over 90k developers and major enterprise customers, Algorithmia makes scalable Machine Learning fast, simple, and cost-effective for everyone.
Due to ongoing growth, we’re hiring a Machine Learning - Infrastructure Engineer to join the Machine Learning team. You’ll join a team of highly focused engineers developing for a platform that supports over 90k engineers and processes millions of AI and ML workloads. Our team has worked on building billion dollar products at Amazon, Danger, Microsoft, Socrata, and Paypal. We offer our engineers an unparalleled opportunity to learn, grow, and impact an enormous user community.
What does the Machine Learning team do?
The Machine Learning team is empathetic to our users. We build and deploy models, experience the whole Machine Learning lifecycle. We turn that experience into stories, content, demos, and perhaps most importantly, feedback into the product. We can split our responsibilities into three broad categories that contributes to the company's mission:
The ML team thinks about the best practices for machine learning systems, and tries to be on the forefront of thought leadership in our space. We produce blogs and technical demos. This isn’t limited just within the Algorithmia platform, but includes full pipelines demonstrating the end-to-end machine learning lifecycle. We keep an eye on newly released open-source models, and add them to the platform. However, this responsibility is secondary to the focus on how to do machine learning in production.
The ML team drives value to the company through what it brings to the product. Many features developed by the ML team is being used in customer demos. The team adds & maintains new programming languages & runtime environments for algorithms. We keep up with the developments in all major ML frameworks. We try out common ML workflows, and work with product to ensure the platform can support those integrations.
The ML team provides deep technical support at the algorithm/model level.
As a Machine Learning Engineer at Algorithmia, you will:
Write production-quality code that solves real world problems, in any of our supported algorithm development languages
Create blog posts, integrations & demos for end-to-end machine learning systems
Build & maintain build/runtime environments for all major machine learning frameworks: Tensorflow, PyTorch, MXNet, Caffe, AllenNLP, SpaCy, etc
Develop tools to use for Data Scientists from top Fortune 100 companies around the world
Work with a passionate, distributed team on the cutting edge of AI/ML infrastructure
Have a real career plan, with mentorship and fast-track opportunities to promotion, technical leadership, people management, or wherever your interests may be
Work anywhere in the US or Canada
And we might make the perfect match if you:
Are a skilled software engineer with experience in more than one programming language (such as Python, Java, Scala, etc.) and deep understanding of at least one (we do a lot of Python - and will be happy to teach you the other languages)
Have deep empathy for users, and understand that Algorithmia would not exist without them
Experience working on distributed systems, industry data science, any kind of public AI/ML projects, distributed or parallel computing, or the implementation of something cool on our AI marketplace (hint: free trial!)
Are current on the state-of-the-art in machine learning algorithms in the industry
Having practical experience or a degree (MS/PhD is a plus) in Computer Science including practical areas of Machine Intelligence (or Deep Learning), and excellent fundamentals in computer science, algorithms, and software design
As a Machine Learning - Infrastructure Engineer at Algorithmia you’ll join a passionate team that’s changing the way everyone uses AI and ML. You’ll solve real problems, make an impact, and work in a flexible environment that encourages you to follow your own interests as well. You’ll be welcomed into an intelligent, quirky, and diverse group and gain access to fantastic perks beyond just salary, equity, and insurance benefits - all from the comfort of your own sofa (or our dog-friendly office).
Algorithmia is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our core. We will never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status and encourage everyone to apply.
At Olo we develop an online food ordering platform used by many of the country’s largest restaurant chains, reaching millions of consumers. Chances are if you’ve ordered directly from a restaurant brand’s app or website, we’ve made that happen. Mobile ordering and payments is an exciting and active industry full of interesting players and yet still a relatively untapped market ripe for disruption.
Olo is revolutionizing the customer experience at these restaurant chains, and we're looking for talented engineers to join our team and help achieve this vision. As part of the team you will work on our Xamarin iOS and Android apps, playing a significant and visible role in driving forward one of the most advanced food ordering platforms in the market.
You'll work with a smart, passionate team dedicated to delivering amazing products using modern tools and technologies such as Xamarin, AppCenter, GitHub, Azure Pipelines, and more.
Any engineer may work at Olo’s headquarters in New York City’s Financial District or remotely from anywhere in the U.S. In fact, more than half of our engineering team (and Olo) is remote!
- Strong knowledge of Xamarin Native and C#/.Net development
- Experience integrating apps with web services
- Solid understanding of object-oriented design and patterns
- Experience designing quality mobile UI/UX
- Adept at writing unit tests and testable code, and working under distributed version control (preferably Git)
- Excited about mobile technology
- A passion for computing that extends beyond work
- Experience with Mobile Accessibility
- Working knowledge of Mvvm pattern
- Experience working with AppCenter
- Experience working with Azure Pipelines
- Hands on experience with publishing apps in App Store Connect or Google Play Store
- Experience with Automated UI Testing frameworks
Olo powers digital ordering and delivery programs that connect restaurant brands to the on-demand world, placing orders directly into the restaurant through all order origination points – from a brand’s own website or app, third party marketplaces, social media platforms, smart speakers, and home assistants. Olo serves as the on-demand ordering and delivery platform across 70,000 locations for over 300 brands, such as Applebee’s, Checkers & Rally’s, Cheesecake Factory, Chili’s, Dairy Queen, Denny’s, Five Guys Burgers & Fries, Jamba Juice, Noodles & Company, Portillo’s Hot Dogs, Shake Shack, sweetgreen, Wingstop, and more. Learn more at www.olo.com.
Olo is located on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center. We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of Paid Time Off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan, and perks like FitBits, rotating craft beers on tap in our kitchen, and food events featuring our clients' menu items (now you know why we give out FitBits!). Check out our culture map: https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
We encourage you to apply!
At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are consistently underrepresented across the tech sector and we are fully committed to doing our part to move the needle.
Olo is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is highly valued at our company. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you like what you read, hear, and/or know about Olo, and want to be a part of our team, please do not hesitate to apply! We are excited to hear from you!
Dutchie is the cannabis industry’s leading and fastest-growing e-commerce provider, powering online ordering for the top dispensaries throughout the United States. We are a product and design focused company that has created a best-in-class experience for cannabis dispensaries and shoppers. Since our inception in 2017, we have experienced significant growth. We’ve raised $18M in funding and are backed by Snoop Dogg’s Casa Verde Capital, one of the leading cannabis-focused VC’s, Gron Ventures, members of the founding team at DoorDash, Kevin Durant’s Thirty Five Ventures, and other notable angel investors.
About the Role
Due to our rapid growth, we are looking for a talented Senior Front-End Engineer to join our team. You will be getting in on the ground-level with us and working on virtually all aspects of the current product and future product development. You'll be working directly with the founding team daily and taking part in technology-related decisions. You will help us build the foundation of this company - its culture, its processes, and its practices. You'll also have the chance to work on everything from analytics software to two-sided marketplaces, to IoT devices. There's a ton of interesting problems to solve.
What You Bring...
3-4+ Years of web development experience required
You take pride in the code you write - it's clean, tested, organized, and elegant
Self-starter - you're proactive and are able to start projects and tasks without constant direction
Quick learner - you pick up new frameworks and technologies quickly
Great communication skills
You want to work in an agile environment - we move quickly and ship code often
You enjoy your time working, but you enjoy your time outside of work too
What You'll Do...
Development of the core application in React, MobX, Node, MongoDB, GraphQL, & React Native
Design and development of new features
It’s a Bonus If You…
Have built software in the e-commerce or regulatory industries
Love using bleeding-edge technology
Enjoy deep conversations about the merits of Radix Trees, The Rete Algorithm, and Oxford Commas
Contribute regularly to open-source projects
Have built mobile apps with React Native
Full Benefits - Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Flexible vacation days, sick days, and work from home days
Technology (hardware, software, reading materials, etc..) allowance
We're hard-working, high energy, and fun. We have a "do what you need and do what it takes" culture. If you need to work from home or fit in a workacation in order to produce your best work, then, by all means, go for it. As one of the first members of the team at dutchie, you'll also have a great chance to play a foundational role in tech and culture decisions.
The Olo Customer Success team is a constant connection between the Customer and our company. They are entrusted with ensuring our clients are wildly successful with our solution. The role accomplishes this by both leading a team of 3-5 CSMs while holding a manageable book of select strategic accounts. The ideal candidate will be skilled in building strong relationships with customers/direct reports, leading through change, passionate about technology, concise, and borderline obsessed with customer satisfaction. They’re charismatic, bright, calm, inspired and inspiring.Responsibilities
- Lead and support a team of 3-5 CSMs, ensuring a comprehensive understanding of client business objectives and a rigorous pursuit to achieve them.
- Recruit and develop a growing team of CSMs.
- Advise on the content of, and manage a team towards actioning Customer Success initiatives including lifecycle engagement tactics, client health, NPS outreach, success planning, and increased product adoption.
- Conduct Executive Business Reviews (EBR’s) for owned accounts, and support those of your direct-reports’ for their more strategic brands. The goal being to demonstrate value, drive adoption and deepen engagement.
- Be the internal customer champion by advocating for the prioritization of needed product enhancements, and manage customer expectations therein.
- Provide effective consultation based on client needs by identifying performance improvement opportunities as well as sharing insights & advice for optimizing platform utilization.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- Willingness to work PST hours with occasional after hours accessibility ad hoc
- 7+ years relevant work experience in Customer Success, enterprise sales, or other related field (SaaS experience preferred)
- 2+ years managing Enterprise level accounts
- Managerial experience required
- Experience effecting change throughout large, complex accounts at the most senior business and IT levels, preferably with hands-on executive experience in an advisory role
- Strong project management skills and experience executing against deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - you consistently stand-out as a relationship builder amongst your peers.
COVID-19 ImpactOlo is committed to the well-being of candidates, employees and our community. The Olo NYC Headquarters will be closed for the foreseeable future because of the global outbreak of COVID-19. While an in-person interview is typical for many roles at Olo, we will conduct interviews via video conferencing while our HQ is closed. Olo benefits from the fact that over half of our workforce is remote, therefore we are accustomed to conducting interviews via video conferencing and we anticipate no impact on our recruiting timelines. We encourage candidates to share any concerns or questions with Olo’s recruiting team.About OloOlo powers digital ordering and delivery programs that connect restaurant brands to the on-demand world, placing orders directly into the restaurant through all order origination points – from a brand’s own website or app, third party marketplaces, social media platforms, smart speakers, and home assistants. Olo serves as the on-demand ordering and delivery platform for over 300 brands, such as Applebee’s, Checkers & Rally’s, Cheesecake Factory, Chili’s, Dairy Queen, Denny’s, Five Guys Burgers & Fries, Jamba Juice, Noodles & Company, Portillo’s Hot Dogs, Shake Shack, sweetgreen, Wingstop, and more. Learn more at www.olo.com.Olo's headquarters is located on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center. We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of Paid Time Off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan, and perks like FitBits, rotating craft beers on tap in our kitchen, and food events featuring our clients' menu items (now you know why we give out FitBits!). Check out our culture map:https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.We encourage you to apply!At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are consistently underrepresented across the tech sector and we are fully committed to doing our part to move the needle.Olo is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is highly valued at our company. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.If you like what you read, hear, and/or know about Olo, and want to be a part of our team, please do not hesitate to apply! We are excited to hear from you!
- Legally able to work in the U.S.
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic and social opportunities worldwide. Every year, almost $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who prefer the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? That’s the future of work. Come help us build it.
Upwork is looking for an outstanding user experience and product design leader ready for a challenging leadership role at our pioneering, industry-disrupting company.
This role offers the opportunity to lead Upwork’s UX Design across all platforms, to create an ageless, engaging, seamless, and effective experience. And in doing so, you will help us deliver on our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives, and to fulfill our vision of connecting businesses with great talent to work without limits.This isn’t just another Silicon Valley startup job, as we aren’t just another startup company. You need to:
In doing this successfully, you will:
- Love navigating an environment lacking standardization and process, which includes defining just the right amount of process to make the team as productive as possible
- Develop a point of view on issues and demonstrate incredible judgement in making high impact decisions with minimal oversight
- Embrace diverse cultural norms in order to succeed in a highly leveraged, globally distributed team
- Relish taking risks and failing fast - with the goal of failing more often than succeeding
- Demonstrate an unusual aptitude for learning from mistakes and continuous improvement on a team-wide level
- Excel at stepping into the unknown via developing untested approaches to new problems, vs. applying the tried and true
If you join us as the VP of UX & Design, you’ll focus your energy on:
- Be directly responsible for creating millions of jobs for talented people around the world
- Change the future by disrupting the ways in which people around the world come together to form teams, collaborate, and do great work
- Learn like never before by continuously operating at the edge of your comfort zone
- Leave your own mark in molding the clay of an innovative and inspiring company that is committed to throwing out old models where needed
- Build your network with colleagues who are passion-driven, don’t take themselves too seriously, and do enjoy some of our perks (like work from home Wednesdays and our non-facetime culture)
To operate effectively at this, we expect you have:
- Leading our talented team of user experience and visual designers and researchers to achieve their full potential, cultivating their talents and capabilities
- Delivering a streamlined and consistent end-to-end experience for our users in a product that is by nature sophisticated and complex
- Crafting innovative design processes and approaches that work best for our agile, distributed model that includes remote team members worldwide
- Infusing the product strategy and priorities with high impact, data-driven, customer experience-focused initiatives
- Collaborating with partners in product management, marketing, operations and enterprise sales roles to ensure a consistent product experience that reflects our business goals, product values and brand
- 15+ years of interaction design experience for a high-traffic web product (two-sided marketplace, e-commerce or B2B web app experience highly desired)
- 10+ years management experience and a passion for bringing the best out of a diverse team of UX and visual designers
- Deep knowledge of user research methodologies and product design best practices, and the ability to effectively implement these practices and apply standards
- Polished communication skills and track record advocating for compelling product design and the underpinning methodologies that deliver great design
- Strong grasp of technology underpinning channels spanning mobile (web, iOS, Android), online, and email experiences, so that you can guide the team to solutions that are both elegant and feasible
- Ability to apply great design principles and practice in a fast-moving, data-driven, collaborative environment that has a bias towards delivery and MVP approaches
Come change how the world works.At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Santa Clara and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesday's, daily breakfast and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits … and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.#LI-BH16
Outstanding ideas need outstanding execution. CobbleWeb works closely with digital entrepreneurs and forward-thinking companies to launch scalable web platforms and mobile-friendly applications for high-growth online marketplaces. Our performance-oriented approach is based on Lean Startup methodology and Agile principles, which put users at the centre of a transparent development process.
By combining rapid iteration (via MVPs) with in-depth analysis of performance metrics and user feedback, we empower our clients to make informed decisions about their product evolution and tech stack, helping them to stay within budget, prove product/market fit, gain competitive advantages, and as a result grow their businesses successfully.
This approach has helped our clients grow their revenues from zero to hundreds of millions of pounds and raise millions in funding from investors.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a dynamic and resourceful UX/UI designer who can combine superb creative skills with functional design principles to support our clients’ business objectives. Someone who understands the importance of design in transforming an incipient idea into a thriving enterprise.
Our ideal candidate has a keen understanding of business processes, a proven track record of collaborating with internal and external stakeholders, and the ability to create compelling visual designs that delight users and drive business goals. Your eye for detail, high levels of energy and superior communication skills make you an indispensable link between our clients and our internal product managers. Bonus points for design experience with digital platforms such as multi-vendor marketplaces.
Why work with us?
You will never experience boredom as part of the CobbleWeb team, since we are not a cookie cutter software development company. Each project will have unique challenges that demand the use of the latest design strategies. Our clients understand that when they come to us they can expect innovative out-of-the-box solutions that produce real results.
At CobbleWeb, we believe creativity and excellence are contagious. That’s why our people are the heartbeat of our company. Our London, UK headquartered agency is able to produce high-quality outcomes due to a close-knit team of dedicated subject experts situated across the world. Every quarter, we meet for a few days somewhere in Europe for a hackathon.
- Develop an understanding of each client’s business needs
- Run discovery workshops with clients
- Design and create user flows, storyboards and wireframe prototypes (Axure)
- Collaborate with stakeholders such as product owners to ensure the best solution is designed
- Create and manage visual guidelines (Design Systems)
- Produce great designs that adhere to industry-leading trends ( Adobe Creative Suite or Sketch)
- Ensure that all elements of the online user experience are optimised for improved usability, usefulness, and an exceptional visual experience
Our expectations of you:
- 5+ years’ experience working for a respected client or agency as a User Experience designer
- A firm grasp of UX theory and methodologies
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates your ability to design complex digital products
- Working knowledge of the following technologies and software: InVision, Axure and Design Systems
- Result oriented with a high commitment to executing tasks at pace and to the required standard
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication; solid presentation skills
- A team player who can work independently as well
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification
When you start: ASAP (Full time remote job)
Type of contract:
- Full remote position with 2 company retreats per year
- Fixed working time (4 hours in common with GMT zone time)
- Paid holidays
THIS JOB IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR AGENCIES AND FREELANCERS.
At Namaste, your ideas can become fantastic products in no time. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there is no limit to what we can accomplish together
Do you love crafting elegant solutions and solving highly complex challenges?
Can you see the importance of every detail?
We’re a diverse community of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining our products, systems, and practices to help people do what they love in new ways. This is a deeply reciprocal place, where everything we build is the result of people in different roles and teams working together to make each other’s ideas stronger. That same real passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices, strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it.
Our Marketplace squad is building the next generation of cannabis online platform. We operate several micro-services to handle customers’ information, orders and suppliers, fulfillment statuses, product details, inventory management, and payment gateways.
We are looking for a motivated Product Designer, specialised in Design Systems to help us develop new features and continue to maintain a high level of quality for the existing ones.
If you are comfortable working in an exciting environment with rapidly changing priorities, if you are creative and inspired to invent new ways to help design amazing products that customers love, please join us! We would really love to work with you!
As a Senior Product designer, you will work together with designers, researchers and strategists on solving design challenges by creating high fidelity designs and prototypes of features or new products and carry them through sign-off with stake holders as well as QA with engineering.
Track record of creating meaningful digital experiences for top brands, in-house or agency, ideally with an eCommerce focus.
Understanding of platforms and devices and how they relate to design, a good understanding of front-end coding standards and limitations, coding knowledge a plus.
Experience working with Design Systems and modern UI design tools (Sketch/Libraries, Abstract, InVision, Zeplin etc.).
A deep understanding of the end to end iterative UX process (personas, scenarios, wireframing, and high fidelity visuals).
A passion for solving design problems while – owning all facets of design (strategy, art direction, interaction design and research).
Exceptional UI abilities, a keen eye for good design shown and an extensive portfolio of live projects.
What we offer:
Fully remote and highly talented distributed team.
Working on great tech stack with cutting edge technologies.
Product company with a long-term vision.
Competitive salary depending on the relative work experience.
Project exposure and ownership that impacts our users, product, and business.
Challenging technical tasks, fast learning cycles, and meaningful feedback.
We thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at Namaste Technologies. Please note, only the candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Namaste Technologies welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
The Senior Director of Product Management for Matching sits at the nexus of the Upwork marketplace. This role is highly visible, critical to the growth of Upwork, and responsible for user experiences that define success and satisfaction for millions of clients and professional talent. More than most, this role must straddle the front end and back end in order to deliver excellent experiences to clients and professional talent. At Upwork’s core lies a two-sided marketplace composed of projects and professional talent. Search and matching systems stitch the two sides of this marketplace together. As Upwork grows, matching becomes more demanding and more complex and the opportunity to improve the matching becomes more crucial and more rewarding.
- You will manage a team of product managers responsible for user experiences including job search, job recommendations, talent search, talent recommendations, and proposal management.
- You will also be responsible for directly leading the search engineering roadmap and shaping the data science roadmap, which provides the various search, ranking, and inference capabilities required to deliver excellent matching experiences to users.
- In this role, you will lead a large and transformative effort to rebuild not only the matching systems of Upwork but also the rules and norms of the marketplace itself.
- You will solve long-standing and difficult user problems by breaking down many of the fundamental assumptions that went into the design of Upwork’s marketplace.
- You will build entirely new experiences that address the emerging needs of Upwork’s largest and most demanding customers.
- You will be responsible for constructing and managing user satisfaction measures, which capture the perspicacity and persuasiveness of Upwork’s matching systems.
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Past experience managing and mentoring teams delivering great search experiences–especially semantic search experiences–to end users
- Familiarity with and advocacy for search and discovery best practices as borrowed from ecommerce
- The ability to translate user needs into search engineering and data science requirements.
How to really knock our socks off:
- You are able to create a sense of belonging for distributed teams
- You have experience managing two-sided marketplaces, especially marketplaces with wildly diverse participants or offerings
Come change how the world works.#LI-JS1
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a rapidly growing, series A, remote-friendly fintech with a dynamic team. You will be building the future of Business Credit using cutting-edge AI/ML techniques.
We seek an ambitious and self-motivated Head of Products to spearhead new product rollout. The ideal teammate is an experienced professional looking to take ownership of our AI financial solution.
As a Head of Products, you will be responsible for:
- Gather and analyze feedback from customers, development, sales, marketing, and the market
- Create and manage the overall Product Management process
- Build and grow the Product team and contractors to enable rapid product development
- Lead our internal process to define the product strategy, roadmap, timeline, and priorities
- Develop requirements documents and use cases for new product features
- Become an expert on other products in the marketplace
You should be:
- Curious to learn and assimilate information quickly, enthusiastic to share and teach others.
- Keenly analytical and neurotic about problem-solving.
- An outstanding communicator with sound interpersonal skills.
- Strongly interested in technology and continuous learning.
- Able to work autonomously and resourcefully in a fast-paced startup environment.
You should have:
- 4+ years of product management
- Passion for fintech
- Recent experience in a product leadership position with responsibility for ideation, development and product definition for SaaS or Analytics solutions
- Experience with big data/analytics and/or fintech platforms
- Experience with agile development processes
- “Roll-up-your-sleeves” entrepreneurial, outgoing, and startup attitude: You thrive in and enjoy a small startup company atmosphere.
- A BS degree in a technical field and an MBA from top tier schools are highly desirable
Clipboard Health (YC W17) is a globally remote team of 70+ people, post product/market fit. We are a marketplace that connects healthcare facilities with nurses nearby. We exist to serve our two separate clients: to give nurses more flexible schedules, and to give healthcare facilities reliable flexible staff.
You'd lead product and working closely with a fast growing engineering org. Our product today manages millions of dollars of invoices & pay for thousands of participants on both sides of the market. But, we've only scratched the surface in the space of products and experiences we could build, and need your help.
We're looking for a Head of Product who can ideally quickly become player / coach as we grow and take on people management responsibility. You will not be building things with the hope that people need it, but rather filling the desperate needs of our users while innovating in ways they didn't even know they needed. You'll have to be adaptable, learn quickly and have a deep interest in understanding our business, our users and our product deeply.
Beyond the basics, what will make you successful here:
Extreme Ownership: the buck stops with you, no matter what anyone else did or did not do.
Extreme Curiosity: the ability to dig into the "why" on customer problems
4+ years of PM experience at preferably marketplace companies.
You've shipped features in a small PM team, love both the strategic and the details.
Do great work that matters, in healthcare, for customers who could really use your help.
$0 deductible medical plans, plus dental and vision.
Zero commute. Work wherever you are, globally (but on US Pacific Time hours)
Clipboard Health does not discriminate against race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, medical condition, marital status, or registered domestic partner status in looking for potential hires. We believe in fair equal employment opportunities.
Public Cloud Product Manager
Canonical leads the development of Ubuntu, the operating system leading the way in public cloud. If you’re inspired by:
- shaping the daily software experience of millions of user around the world,
- creating new products and business models focused on open source ecosystems that leverage public cloud capabilities on AWS, Azure, GCP and others,
- high stakes, tough, distributed problems in the cloud and on all sorts of environments, infrastructure and devices,
- seeing your skills and talents make a meaningful difference in the world, then read on.
We’re seeking a technical, detail-oriented and articulate product manager to shape the roadmap for Ubuntu on the public clouds from Canonical. You'll be focused on one of the key public clouds we work with, such as AWS, Azure or GCP, working directly with product managers, engineering managers and lead designers on both Canonical and the public cloud partner sides. Your mission is to design and drive delivery of distinctive products that enable our users to do build safe, robust cloud-based applications that delight their end customers.
This role is responsible for all aspects of product management for the public cloud, from requirements definition, to partner coordination and market messaging. You will need to understand the landscape, the competition and the market. You need to be comfortable with business development to find new partners with which you will collaborate with to bring products to market.
At Canonical we use the agile development model, so you will need to be familiar with how that affects product planning and how to best work with the engineering team. We are a widely distributed team, so you will need to be adept at working in a globally distributed organisation with occasional travel.You’ll love this job if...
- You are familiar and interested in public cloud ecosystems and technology,
- You are keen to define products that will command attention in a busy marketplace,
- You are business oriented and commercially minded,
- You are intrigued by open source and free software, and believe in the importance of free software in everyday computing, regardless of platform or device, but have an appreciation for the challenge in tastefully defining paid, commercial products, the success of which will define the future of the free platform.
- You believe that the last word in cloud computing has not been written and are keen to dive in and see what else is possible.
Required skills and experience
- Maintaining a joint roadmap covering all activities with a specific public cloud platform, such as AWS, Azure or GCP
- Maintaining product requirements documents for each product being developed for that public cloud platform
- Engaging with Canonical's engineering teams to ensure requirements are well-understood, that delivery plans are captured and communicated and that progress towards deliverables is maintained
- Understanding the overall market and competitors
- Engaging with ecosystem partners to enhance our own products by adding new capabilities or paths to market
- Acting as product champion and primary contact for all product related questions and press engagements for that specific public cloud
- Coordinating with the communications team to determine market messaging, collateral and launch plans
Desirable skills and experience
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- B.S./M.S. degree or equivalent experience in applicable field, preferably Design, Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology
- End-to-end software product management and development experience
- Knowledge of Linux, cloud, and open source infrastructure and applications
- Ability to be productive in a globally distributed team through self-discipline and self-motivation, delivering according to a schedule
- 2+ years experience in product management or engineering direction in a technology company
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies
Canonical is an equal opportunity employer
CitizenShipper is a share-economy shipping and transportation marketplace that connects people who want something delivered with drivers who can actually do the delivering. As a marketplace, we focus mainly on helping pet owners find a transporter for their pet and so far we’ve helped thousands of pet owners reunite with their pets. We are a virtual team and all work remotely.
Working with us is comfortable and easy
Our team is international
Everyone works remotely (from home)
We have a “minimum meetings” culture
We’re still growing, and you have a lot of room to grow with us
You will be obsessed with growth, focused on finding us new customers, work hard to increase our conversion rates and optimize our platform ultimately helping us to grow revenue. You will distribute your time between creating and executing on new growth oriented initiatives and managing the current marketing team. We expect about an 80/20 split between your own growth-oriented projects and the management of our current small team.
You will be busy with
Develop product marketing strategies
Serve as a bridge between the Product team and the Marketing team
Monitor metrics across marketing channels (landing pages, ad campaigns)
Work with various teams (design, content, acquisition, product, sales) to implement strategies
Test marketing product features, releases and ad copy
Evaluate project using relevant KPIs and feedback from existing and prospective customers
Team management and tasking
Onboarding of new marketing team members
Connecting marketing members into overall marketing plan
Connect marketing team and their efforts to overall product roadmap and business plan
Execute new marketing initiatives
We’d like you to have
Experience running successful marketing campaigns
Solid knowledge of web analytics and Google Analytics, PPC (Facebook and Adwords), SEO, Email and SMS marketing, email automation, AB testing, copywriting, content and social media, also solid knowledge of Mixpanel and Asana
Leadership skills with the ability to set and prioritize goals
Strong communication and negotiation skills
Management or team lead/project management experience
Tell me how you like your ice cream when applying for this job.