Remote kanban Jobs in February 2020
7 Remote kanban Jobs in February 2020Post a job
Must live in the United States
Expertise in the latest development best practices, particularly with:
Architecture/Design, e.g. Separation of Concern, Dependency Injection
Comfortable with git and other command line tools
Be self-directed and be able to prioritize your own workload.
Preferred Experience With:
Symfony or similar framework
GraphQL APIs (webonyx/graphql-php)
Dev/SysOps, Cloud Hosting and Services (AWS)
Familiarity with frontend languages / working in a full-stack environment
Working in an Agile/Kanban environment. We use Jira for our task management, so familiarity with the tool is a plus
Working in remote/distributed teams
You will be a senior backend developer responsible for implementing server-side features, bug fixes, performance improvements, and creating & maintaining the server architecture.
You will participate in the code architecture process by gathering requirements and planning technical details with other engineers.
You will report directly to our VP, Engineering, with a dotted line to the CTO, working with both of them and our Head of Product on a daily basis, with direct input from our CEO and other key team members.
About Project Admission:
We are a growing technology company based in Nashville, TN that offers its employees transparent salary, stock options, and the option to work remotely.
Project Admission was founded by Stephen Glicken and Jordan Stone to solve for two of the biggest problems facing the live event industry: 70% of attendees at an event are unknown to the event organizers and millions of dollars are being transacted by scalpers without any benefit to musicians, teams, or event organizers.
We’ve built software that acts as the digital layer between a ticketing company and ticket purchasers, allowing us to track ownership and capture resell revenue.
Our vision: To universally improve the transfer of digital assets.
Our mission statement: Creating a more connected experience for the buying, selling, and distribution of digital assets.
Location: Project Admission is based in Nashville, TN. Living in Nashville is not required, but this is a great place to live thanks to no state income tax, a relatively low cost of living, and a booming city with great food and culture, to name a few.
Why Should You Apply?
Career growth opportunity
Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 in 2019, Marqeta powers modern payment solutions for companies innovating new services and process flows in a digital world. Our platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values to Connect the Customer, Find a Way, Make Simple, Take Risk and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It’s an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.Position Summary
Marqeta is a fast growing technology company with a one-of-a-kind culture. We are devoted to providing meaningful career experiences through challenging work, collaborative partnerships, and ongoing development.
We are looking for a quick-thinking, quality enthusiast who understands releasing great software is not just about reactive testing. As a Software Development Engineer in Test at Marqeta, you’ll be proactively assessing and mitigating risks for our API and Web platform releases, within one of our exciting product verticals. You’ll be solving big quality challenges, coaching Software Engineers and Product Managers in the art of quality testing and helping to create a long-term vision of quality features for our members. You are a passionate member of the team who wants to have high impact; looking for a hands-on technical career. This isn’t just about “Quality Assurance”; we want you to help us create a better product and proactively improve our quality efforts on the whole.Primary Responsibilities
- Write and execute automation testing for REST APIs and web-based applications as well as maintain existing automated tests and tools.
- Work with stakeholders for crafting test plans, resolving test scenarios and constantly update the existing test sets.
- Be a strong quality advocate, collaborating closely with software engineers, designers, and product managers to release revolutionary payment products.
- Pair with software engineers to identify and prevent gaps with automation/regression coverage and even build frameworks.
- Be part of transforming monolithic applications into more scalable and resilient distributed systems with high quality, using cloud technology.
- We value continued learning and development, so you will learn a lot.
- Follow a lightweight Scrum/Kanban methodology.
- 6+ years of experience or its equivalence in a software engineering role.
- Experience working with large-scale test automation frameworks.
- Experience with automation and performance testing for RESTful APIs & Web applications.
- Experience with using and setting up performance testing tools such as Gatling, LoadRunner, JMeter, etc.
- Bonus points for experience with Docker and Jenkins/Drone and Mobile automation.
- Bonus points for experience in the Payments Industry and with Micro-services architecture.
- Bonus points for experience in testing React applications
- Have the ability to solve complex problems with practical, maintainable, and scalable solutions.
- Leverage your extensive experience in previous projects to guard code quality and take opportunities to mentor juniors.
- Express what you know comfortably and confidently, especially during code reviews.
- Accept feedback with eagerness to learn more.
- Self-aware with the desire to continually improve.
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
- Monthly commuter and parking subsidy
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts and employee perks
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays and more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
BetterUp is a mobile-based coaching platform that brings personalized professional coaching to employees at all levels. We help managers lead better, teams perform better, and employees thrive personally and inspire professionally. Our mission is to help professionals everywhere pursue their lives with greater clarity, purpose, and passion. Our product was developed by a team of leading behavioral scientists, researchers, and technologists. We’re already transforming the way companies approach talent development at high-performing organizations like Airbnb, Genentech, Mars, LinkedIn and Workday.
This is a remote role, anywhere in the US!Your responsibilities will include
You will be successful if you
- Product Engineer - Collaborate with designers and stakeholders to craft consumer grade experiences with SPA frontend (Ember) and RESTful backend (Ruby on Rails).
- Lean and Agile Owner - Collaborate with cross functional teams to distill and synthesize requirements into discreet and meaningful iterations that can be implemented quickly to facilitate tight feedback loops and learning via data and metrics. Leverage Lean Startup and Agile methodologies along with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment infrastructure to rapidly prototype and validate ideas.
- Data Spelunker - Answer business questions and influence product roadmap decisions using statistical analysis, ad-hoc reporting, or machine learning algorithms for offline modeling. Enable team members to answer questions with data systems and processes that leverage quantitative and qualitative inputs.
- Operational Maintainer - Build scalable and tolerant systems using container technologies (Docker) and cloud infrastructure (AWS) as well as internal tooling to accelerate product development cycles.
And if you have
- Act as an owner - It’s not done until it’s in production. Adept at moving projects forward and able to unblock projects regardless of role on the project.
- Do less, deliver more - Familiar with the terms YAGNI and yak shaving? Focus your efforts on high impact initiatives that really move the needle.
- Impress yourself - We hold ourselves to a quality above and beyond something that “just gets it done”. Each line of code is an opportunity to blend craftsmanship with playfulness.
- Collaborate without ego - Willing to take on roles small or large in order to further the mission at hand.
- Stay on your edge - Continuously learning and applying emerging technologies. Pushing yourself and your team to new heights.
- 5+ years relevant experience, at least part of which in a startup environment
- Alignment with BetterUp mission and enabling behavior change
- Succeeded in a remote work environment
- Frontline maintainer of "production" consumer application (volume, support, debugging)
- Strong experience with automated testing patterns
- Ruby on Rails, Ember.js, Gitflow, Docker
- Experienced in Agile product development processes (SCRUM, Kanban, Lean Startup, etc)
- Expert in current web technologies (HTTP, REST, Web Sockets, etc)
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Impressive Portfolio
We provide amazing benefits, but if you ask the team, they’ll tell you that the greatest benefit we offer employees is an incredibly meaningful mission and transformative work.
- Full coverage medical, dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited use, at your own discretion, vacation policy
- 14 paid annual holidays
- 5 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 “Volunteer Days” to give back
- Professional development through BetterUp coaching for you and a significant other
- 401(k) self contribution
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Gatekeeper is a SaaS-based, next-generation solution that transforms how organisations manage their suppliers and contracts. We help our customers to reduce risk, improve compliance and maximise value. Due to strong global growth, we are looking to expand our Americas Customer Success team to improve the onboarding of new customers and nourish existing customers. This individual will be one of the key founding hires to this critical team.
This is a rare chance to join a true technology startup, reporting directly into the Head of Customer Success and joining a close-knit team to create new business processes, uncover new opportunities and position yourself for success.
Note: This is a remote position, so your physical location can be anywhere in Europe.
- Are you an experienced customer-focused business analyst, with an incredible ability to listen, understand, onboard and support customers?
- Do you want to work in a fast-moving, fast-growing, fast-talking startup?
- Do you have what it takes to deliver value over and above expectations on a consistent basis?
DO NOT apply for this job if:
- You are not fanatically focused on supporting customers to consistently exceed expectations.
- You ever consider mediocrity acceptable
- You need to be told what to do
- You want to be the smartest person in the (virtual) room
- Don’t like working with the best and learning something new
- You have an ego bigger than your sense of humour
If this role feels like a fit, read our Vision & Values. Only If they excite and inspire you to join our team and culture then, please, read on.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Build rapport with customers revisiting the problem/solution that first brought them to Gatekeeper and monitoring how this evolves ensuring they are getting as much value as possible out of Gatekeeper and become brand ambassadors
- Onboard new customers
- Analyse customer’s business processes and automate by building them in our Kanban Workflow Engine
- Shape our onboarding process
- Write Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to ensure we provide a consistent onboarding experience.
- Respond to support queries from our customer base and improve our knowledge base
- Work with the product team to feedback customer-driven feature requests and test new features
- Support the sales team ensuring onboarding can support the funnel
- Support the marketing team on product announcements
- Minimum of 2 years experience in SaaS implementation services or customer success services
- Experience onboarding customers to a new application
- Experience with SaaS software testing strategies, conditions and evaluation of expected results
- Strong commercial acumen and the ability to manage expectations with senior stakeholders
- Experience analysing business process
- A spreadsheet ninja - you manipulate, merge, consolidate data sets with your eyes closed
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work within fixed deadlines
- The ability to work with cross-functional teams internally and externally to achieve results
- A ‘Playbook’ mindset to ensure consistent, predictable improvement through open sharing and teamwork
- A data-driven mindset: you eat, breathe and sleep metrics
- A sense of humour and lust for life
HOW GATEKEEPER SUPPORTS YOU
- Generous remuneration
- Gatekeeper Perks
- Work remotely
- Flexible hours
- Gatekeeper Retreats
- Learning & development
- Monthly stay fit and healthy budget
- Financial flexibility
- Generous Holiday Policy
More information on our benefits package: https://www.gatekeeperhq.com/careers
Hello! Are you interested in joining a 100% remote SaaS company dedicated to helping customers streamline organizational processes and be better stewards of their data? Consider applying for open positions at FormAssembly, an enterprise web form creation and collection platform used by some of the largest and most well-known organizations in the world.
We are a team of collaborators that are passionate about providing the very best to our customers, partners, and stakeholders, internally and externally. We are travelers, artists, athletes, and animal lovers creating an incredibly strong, fully remote team and providing amazing results, no matter where we are. We’re problem solvers and continuous learners who are never afraid of a challenge, and we’re looking to add another amazing member to our Product team.
FormAssembly is growing fast and we are excited to add a Product Owner to help scale our products to the next phase of our growth.
- Understand business needs at a tactical and a strategic level and then translate those needs into a deep, prioritized and groomed backlog.
- Define, prioritize and clarify requirements and enhancements and capture them in the form of user stories.
- Ensure the product backlog is constantly prioritized so our teams deliver maximum business value to our customers.
- Evaluate information from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts and create actionable epics and/or features.
- Be the primary product specialist for the engineering team and serve as the key stakeholder of product decisions during planning, grooming and development.
- Work with Scrum Master to run successful sprint planning and release planning sessions, as well as sprint reviews and retrospectives.
- Provide flawless communications and coordination between the product organization, engineering and relevant business partners.
- Responsible for working with internal teams (Marketing, Sales, Partnerships, Customer Success, etc.) to ensure release readiness across the organization.
- Experience with sprints containing new development alongside bug fixes and understanding when to make tradeoffs between planned work and unplanned work.
- Comfortable interacting with end users, as well as executive management at any given moment.
- Continuously improve product delivery.
- 2+ years experience with Agile (Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, etc.).
- 2+ years experience in quality assurance, business/product analysis, project management, user experience or similar.
- Highly organized with superb documenting skills.
- Ability to work on multiple efforts simultaneously, prioritize conflicting demands and set expectations accordingly.
- Experience at a SaaS company with enterprise products.
- Experience with Salesforce.com.
- Experience working in a remote team.
- Excellent collaborator, negotiator, time manager and verbal/written communicator.
Bonus Points for:
- Experience at a SaaS company with enterprise products.
- Experience with Salesforce.com.
- Experience working in a remote team.
FormAssembly is a leading enterprise data collection platform, built to help organizations streamline processes and drive quality form conversions. At our core, our mission is to help organizations collect, use, and be good stewards of the personal data entrusted to them.
We work across multiple industries with well-known customers, including Amazon, Aetna, Lenovo, Volvo and others. We have been recognized in the 2018 and 2019 Inc. 5000 lists of fastest growing private companies, and we are a G2 Crowd Winter 2019 Leader.
Here are some links to give you a peek into what it's like to work at FormAssembly:
If you’re a genuinely nice person who is great to work with, respectful, and who will put the team and our customers first, we’d be thrilled to have you apply for this position. FormAssembly is an equal opportunity employer. If you belong to an under-represented group in tech, you’ll find a welcoming culture that thrives on diversity.
This is a full-time position, open to all locations (working remotely from home).
FormAssembly offers several benefits that help to facilitate a healthy team, personal growth, and a work-life balance, all of which contribute to creating a more engaged and passionate workforce.
- Health benefits (health, dental, vision) for team members based in the United States
- 401(k) with 4% company match
- 4 weeks paid vacation and 9 company holidays
- Flexible work schedule
- Paid parental leave
- Charitable contribution match
- Budget for professional development
- Company provided Mac laptop
You'll be joining a talented and fun team, working together to build something great!
Platform.sh is a groundbreaking hosting and development tool for web applications. We’re a European VC-Backed startup with a host of blue-chip Enterprise clients and a string of awards and grants (including €2m from the EU Horizon 2020 program).
Platform.sh is built on top of open source languages, libraries and projects. But we never shy away from writing code. This means that even if there is an existing open source project that covers much of the functionality of something we want to achieve, we will consider, and often enough, chose to write our own implementation; Because sometimes 80/20 is not good enough. We have our own orchestration layer, our own reverse proxy, our own file-systems, our own reproducible build system.
To reinforce our technical prowess, we are looking to grow our operations team with an operations coordinator that knows their way around Linux. If you’re looking for an exciting, high-growth opportunity with an award-winning, cutting-edge company, this could be just the job for you.
Directly reporting to our VP of Infrastructure Operations, you will:
- coordinate and execute day to day tasks;
- monitor project activities and ensure general project organization;
- work with internal teams to schedule upgrades and maintenances all the while respecting team’s capacity;
- provide weekly and monthly reports recapping results to partners;
- identify and manage project dependencies and impediments;
- assist to produce the roadmap for continuous development;
- lead and facilitate daily scrum, planning and retrospective meetings.
Nice to have:
- hands-on experience with Kanban Board & Jira;
- Scrum Master experience;
- reporting and dashboarding experience;
- knowledge of Magento Ecommerce, Symfony, Drupal, eZ Platform, or Typo3.
We have many extremely knowledgeable co-workers who are happy to invest their time in sharing their experiences with those who show talent, interest, and a willingness to learn.
This role is open to full time remote.
About KrakenOur mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world's largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we're growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent. Let's change the way the world thinks about money! Join the revolution!About the RoleThis role is fully remote.In this role you will work primarily with the Front End developers and own, drive, and improve the non-technical aspects of the Front End release cycle. You will also work with the Engineering and Product teams to help build, maintain, and track timelines, and coordinate around objectives. You should be familiar with agile and waterfall planning and comfortable with a combination approach. Overall, we are looking for someone with a methodical, analytical, and flexible approach to release and project management who will coordinate and collaborate within and without the Front End team to alleviate the non-technical burden of shipping well and often.What you'll do:
- Own non-technical aspects of ongoing release process including coordination, documentation, and process improvement
- Work with the Product Team to break up larger epics and stories into smaller consumable units of development
- Work with the Product Team, Frontend team, other Engineering Teams, and major stakeholders to coordinate work and follow up on deliverables
- Identify task blockers in advance
- Manage project workflows, groom tickets and boards, and look for duplicates, invalid, or undefined tickets to help ensure everything in the queue is ready to be worked on
- Develop road maps through accurate estimates based on Jira metrics you will collect and analyze
- Maintain, coordinate, and communicate project timelines
Who you are:
- Create executive dashboards and reports that would show the status of major projects, resource utilization, gaps and roadmap
- Minimum of 10+ years experience working as a project manager or similar role
- Jira expert with two or more years experience with Kanban project management or light Scrum, and the openness to experiment with process
- Spreadsheet expert (Google Sheets, Excel) comfortable with pivot tables and statistical analysis
- Excellent communication skills and eagerness to ask questions and understand business and product objectives
- The energy and patience to work in a rapidly growing industry, and the ability to recognize and pursue objectives independently
- Superb organizational skills and an analytical view on maximizing productivity, with a focus on value and not getting caught up on process
- Resilient determination to push projects through to completion, regardless of how often priorities and deadlines may shift with little notice
- Experience with Tableau, Looker, Metabase, or other BI tools
- Experience managing projects in Jira, Trello, and Wrike
- Must be comfortable working with simple command-line tools to export data from internal systems
- Strong understanding of basic statistics
Nice to haves:
- You have worked with software teams in the role of project manager – you know how to talk tech-lingo to engineers of various disciplines and understand what their jobs entail: the tasks, challenges, and costs of each position on a team are something you can appreciate
- Experience with scripting in Python, R, NodeJS or other statistical modeling languages
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.Check out all our open roles at https://jobs.lever.co/kraken. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.Learn more about us:
- Understanding of advanced statistical hypothesis testing