Remote json Jobs in February 2020
8 Remote json Jobs in February 2020Post a job
Due to continuous growth, we are currently seeking a Principal Cloud Architect that will work closely with a team of Cloud Architects, Engineers, DevOps and Product teams. The successful candidate will be a key member of the Cloud Engineering team to ensure the success in designing, building and migrating applications, software and services on various cloud platforms including AWS, Azure, GCP, developing public, private and hybrid cloud solutions.
The ideal candidate will have a deep expertise in building enterprise-level computing solutions, architecture and transformation strategy with demonstrated experience with Cloud Computing Solutions such as Platform as a Service (PaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), using Infrastructure as Code (IAC) tools to automate solutions that are scalable, resilient, readily available and secure.
This position can be remote, with 5-25% travel or report to offices either in Englewood Cliffs, NJ or Universal City, CA
- Work directly with our client’s largest cloud users to define technical specifications based on business requirements and conceptual design
- Evaluate emerging technologies, services, and tools for multiple cloud vendors to help guide innovation, new capabilities, and create business case for technology solutions
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop a new state cloud architecture, supporting our client’s organizational mode, developing a platform roadmap to drive cloud/ technology discussions and facilitate decision making to translate into product roadmap and releases for target design
- Assist with the design and implementation of best governance practices for design, security, development, usability, cost control and forensics across multiple cloud providers for public, private and hybrid solutions
- Enable innovation with continuous deployment across multiple technology stacks using best practices for advanced Cloud Solutions
- Be a proponent for Open Source technologies, across tech stacks, demonstrating best practices for advanced cloud solutions
- Develop reference material on architecture, publish design patterns to present both internally and publicly to drive designs for consensus and approval, being able to translate easily from technical to non-technical language
- Participate in writing code and scripts to automate cloud solutions, also responding to code and architecture reviews
- Demonstrate ability to conceive, manage and complete project deliverables
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or another technical discipline; or equivalent work experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with experience in presenting
- Proven experience in working on multiple enterprise projects simultaneously while coordinating with the work of others
- Is self-directed and can effectively contribute with little supervision
- Hands-on experience working with JSON, Java, Python (Boto3), Node.js, Perl, Bash
- Experience participating on an agile team
- Hand on experience with research, analysis, data collection and presentation to various levels internally and external clients
- Hands on experience deploying production workloads that are reliable, scalable cloud applications
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA and REST), IaaS and PaaS (design and server infrastructure implementation)
- Experience with large-scale distributed infrastructure, including clustering, load balancing, distributed capacity management with an understanding of system testing
- Hands on experience in automating PaaS, IaC using Terraform, Git, Ansible playbooks, Chef/Puppet, Cloud Command Line Interfaces and Cloud Templating on various cloud platforms as well as automating testing and performance tools such as JMeter
- Strong technical expertise and troubleshooting skills for large-scale distributed computing systems and software
- Solid understanding of conceptual, logical and physical data modeling with tools and database design in complex, enterprise-level data environments proficiency in XML, JSON, and design of binary formats using NoSQL, NAS and object stores
- Strong understanding of Networking Protocols and Standards
- Strong understanding and experience with various security protocols for web and cloud technologies
We are looking for a candidate with the following qualities:
- Participate in the product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Work independently to design, create RoR APIs and application components
- Contribute to business discussions about the project and user interfaces
- Document development projects
- Familiar with Git, CI Tools and Deployment Scripts
- Writes tests when working on features
Skills & Requirements:
- Experience developing Ruby on Rails APIs and applications using development tools
- Experience with XML/JSON
- Experience with SQL language
- Experience developing and testing software user interfaces
- Design skills for implementing attractive, simple, and effective software products
- Capable communicator and comfortable working with customers, product management, other developers
- Ability to work independently and coordinate remotely with project team
- Blend of business and technical knowledge and experience
- Willing to spend time collecting requirements from clients and customer-facing team members.
- High energy and self-motivated
- Work From Home
- Health Insurance
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- 401k Retirement Plan
- 2 weeks of PTO
- Awesome colleagues
BEE (https://beefree.io) - MailUp Group’s Business Unit that develops and markets a popular drag-&-drop email builder - is looking for a Customer Support Engineer to join the team in North America.
As a Customer Support Engineer, reporting directly to the Support & Community Manager of the business unit, your role will be to help in the adoption and use of BEE Plugin, the embeddable version of our email editor. Over 500 software companies around the world have already decided to license and embed BEE instead of developing their own drag-n-drop editor because by doing so they save time, money, and all the complexity of creating & managing a new product.
Your core responsibilities will be:
Assist prospects in the discovery of BEE Plugin features, at a technical level.
Help new customers in the implementation of the editor within their SaaS application.
Support existing customers when their support requests are escalated to you.
Help the development team by performing technical troubleshooting on those escalated tickets.
You will carry them out by:
Becoming an expert user of BEE Plugin, the embeddable version of the BEE editor.
Becoming very familiar with the sample code that prospects use to build Proof Of Concepts with BEE Plugin, and contribute to the code base, whenever able to do so.
Becoming intimately familiar with - and a contributor to - BEE Plugin technical documentation, which helps prospects understand the potential of the product & build prototypes with it, and helps customers implement the software in their SaaS applications.
Identifying and troubleshooting issues that prospects and new customers are reporting while integrating BEE Plugin, resolving as many as you can on your own, and escalating them when needed to the engineering team as bugs, or to the product team as product feedback.
Interact with prospects and customers remotely through a variety of channels used by the company, which include: phone calls, video calls, Slack chats, support tickets (Zendesk), threads in the Community portion of our Web site, questions posted to the technical documentation site, and more.
Collaborating with the Sales, Support, Development & Product teams to deliver a user experience to our prospects and customers that’s as seamless as possible.
Providing the product and engineering team with continuous feedback, which includes opening detailed bug reports in the bug tracking system (JIRA).
What we offer
BEE stands for "Best Email Editor" and that's the original, ambitious goal chosen for this project. Made with lots of passion between the United States and Italy, BEE is becoming a standard for digital content creation, starting with emails (“beautiful emails, fast”, is one of our tag lines). The editor is used by hundreds of thousands of people every month at beefree.io and embedded in over 600 SaaS applications.
When you join our company, you can expect:
Full time work in a fast growing, exciting project with worldwide recognition as a market-leader in our industry.
A dynamic team, geographically dispersed (Italy, USA), working with a startup mindset.
Flexibility: trust is one of our values and we strongly believe in results and in the continuous feedback culture.
Yearly team retreat, often in Italy (in 2019 the BEE team retreat was here).
Many opportunities for professional development through your daily exposure to marketing-leading products, and also through access to online training resources (free, unlimited course subscription to Udemy) and offline events (attendance to conferences, etc.).
Competitive salary plus incentive-based compensation.
Health insurance benefits;
401K plan with employer matching;
Commuter benefits, and many other benefits.
The legal name of the BEE business unit is MailUp, Inc., a Delaware corporation that is a wholly-owned subsidiary of MailUp SPA (MailUp Group’s head legal entity). MailUp, Inc. is headquartered in Oakland, California.
What we are looking for
Computer science degree or equivalent experience.
3+ years of experience as a full-stack Web developer.
2+ years of experience in a customer-facing technical role: technical support, product support, training, etc.
Outstanding communication skills: you love interacting with both customers & team members, in writing or in person/video call.
Outstanding writing skills: you enjoy explaining things to people in writing, providing examples, how-to’s, and ensuring that the message gets across.
Troubleshooting skills: you enjoy finding the cause behind a specific problem, explaining it to others, and working with others to help find a solution.
Organizational skills: you like working independently and are able to organize your activities without supervision.
Experience with customer support software like Zendesk is a plus.
Experience with B2B SaaS is a major plus.
Location & Travel
North America (US or Canada). We have an office in Oakland, CA, but you can work remotely as well.
If you work remotely, we may ask you to join us in Oakland (or another location) for in-person sessions from time to time.
Some travel may be required to help at our booth when we sponsor a conference.
Some travel will be required for our yearly team retreat. Between travel and meeting time, the retreat typically requires about a week of your time. We will provide ample notice so that you can plan for it.
Spreedly is a rapidly growing, payments technology firm, with headquarters located in downtown Durham.We develop a powerful infrastructure that is central to the massive and growing payments market. We're growing incredibly fast too. In fact, we just raised $75M from Spectrum Equity. And we're processing over one million transactions per day.Join us as we continue to build a great fintech software company in Durham, NC. We’re hiring innovators like you.Spreedly is seeking an experiencedSupport Engineer to join our team, learn all about Spreedly and begin contributing quickly. We’re a payments API that’s used by developers around the world, so you’ll become a product expert as you support our users.Our thorough API documentation, ease of implementation, and timely responses are just a few reasons our customers love Spreedly. We are a lean, quickly evolving team that isn’t afraid to reflect on process, approach, and tools to make sure we’re providing the smoothest experience for users in the most efficient way as we scale our team. We will look to you for meaningful feedback on product, user experience, internal processes, and beyond.We are looking for a strong communicator who demonstrates the ability to prioritize, present solutions and take initiative. You listen with curiosity and a desire to learn, are patient and can see the big picture.A typical day might include running API calls to troubleshoot a customer issue, combing code to verify product behavior, updating documentation to provide clarity on said behavior, and running scripts to unblock customers. Outside of the queue, you’ll have opportunities to own projects that help our team scale and develop new skills.What You'll Do
- Research and troubleshoot API implementation questions and issues, encouraging self-service where possible
- Work with partners to ensure optimal integration health for mutual customers
- Provide early feedback on feature development, training and documentation
- Seek out and execute new ways to optimize and automate team processes and responsibilities
- Track feature requests, deeply understanding the customer use case, value and impact
- Discover, analyze and communicate gaps in the customer experience
We're looking for someone with
- Create and maintain Help Center and technical documentation to aid in customer education and self-service
- 3-5+ years of experience supporting customers, including support of a technical product
- Technical experience with APIs and building integrations between tools
- Passion and excitement for how quality customer interactions can drive business growth
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn new languages and technologies
Nice to have's
- Ability to thrive and take ownership in loosely structured environments
- Prior experience at a growth stage SaaS company.
- Prior experience supporting developers.
- Prior experience in the payments industry.
What we offer:-Competitive salary + equity package-Outstanding medical and dental benefits(we pay 100% of monthly premiums for employees + families)-Open PTO policy-Medical and dependent care FSA-Life and long-term disability insurance-Tues./Thurs. in-office days; the rest of the week work from wherever you choose-Paid lunches on in-office days-12 weeks paid family leave for all full-time employees-Company sponsored 401k-Yearly paid professional developmentDue to the sensitive nature of what Spreedly does- handling payment data- candidates must complete a successful background check. If you have concerns along those lines, please discuss with us sooner rather than later- we do not want you to waste time in the hiring process and get disqualified at the end if we can help it.Spreedly is an equal opportunity employer. We actively work to drive out even unintentional discrimination in our hiring processes via practices like blindly graded work samples and structured interviews.Thank you for your interest in our company, because of the high volume of resume flow, we will only respond to those candidates that we think will be a potential fit.
- Knowledge of and experience coding for HTTPS networking, security, web services, JSON or XML
Almanac’s mission is to democratize access to 21st century skills, insights, and tools so that no one is limited by knowledge in pursuit of their potential.
Through our own experiences, we’ve seen professionals at digital businesses waste too much time trying to find answers they can trust that help them do their jobs better. We believe this problem isn’t rooted in a lack of knowledge or expertise in the world, but in the deficiencies of tools we rely on to access, share, and improve how work gets done.
To make opportunity available to everyone, we’re building a knowledge platform that technology professionals can trust for documenting, distributing, and collaborating on how they work. We replace tools like Confluence and Google Docs to help individuals quickly access knowledge within and across companies that they can trust deeply.
We’ve been moving fast since we founded Almanac in January 2019. Since then, we’ve built and launched the initial version of our product, raised a $2M+ seed round from leading Silicon Valley investors, and grown our full-time team to 10 people.
We’ve seen deep demand from a broad cross section of customers, who are asking for a powerful platform that can help their employees be their best selves at work.
We’re looking for a hungry, talented engineer who wants to make a big impact at this early stage in our roadmap.
As a full stack engineer, you will be responsible for building out the intuitive, interactive experiences that our customers need to organize their own documentation, as well as determining the backend architecture and endpoints that we need to support those features.
Specifically, you will:
Our tech stack
- Write elegant, well-tested code in a modern technology stack
- Participate in standups, code reviews and retrospectives with our remote team
- Work closely with our Head of Engineering and the engineering team to make architecture and design decisions
- Help make sure everything runs smoothly & safely in production
- Set down standards around development, code review and deployment
Things we love
- Rails 5.2, Postgres 10.6, React, Algolia
- Team size: 11-50 people
About youWhat you bring to the role
- Self-documenting JSON APIs, Algolia, BDD, git, continuous delivery, Heroku, vim (ok, maybe just me), Tartine croissants
Skills that make you extraordinary
- You are confident working across the stack, whether its expanding our API or enhancing the frontend.
- You are passionate about writing clean and well-thought out code
- You want to karate kick technical debt in the chops
- You’re comfortable writing test suites in a test-driven environment
- You can craft a devastating SQL query to save the day when all else fails
- You are a strong communicator and able to clearly articulate technical problems
- You want to be an early contributor to our engineering culture and work environment
About working at Almanac
- Obsession with high-quality work
- Ability to work independently and to adapt to the developing requirements of our users and market
- Love of detailed, continuous feedback that makes the work better
- Desire to always move fast and prioritize speed over scope
- Passion to be an early contributor to our engineering culture and work environment
- Hunger to build a world-changing product
At Almanac, we’re looking for structured thinkers full of passion, ambition, and kindness. We’d love for you apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your experience, skills, and interests will help you stand out—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Almanac, we welcome people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions and the status quo. Join us.
At Almanac, we:
- Are fundamental optimists who believe we’re still only at the start of the digital age.
- Go to extraordinary lengths to distinguish ourselves through world-class work.
- Prioritize quality over speed, and speed over scope.
- Desire working with deeply kind, mission-driven people.
- Strive to make the complex simple.
- Use first principles to debate ideas, test assumptions, and make decisions.
- Seek the truth by putting data above opinions.
- Assume good intent and give tactical feedback to help each other get better.
- Hold no ego—when our customers win, we all win.
As a company, we are seriously committed to your professional development and growth:
- You will set your own monthly goals aligned with our ambitious strategy
- You will have our collective support in achieving major wins—and personal coaching from your manager
- You will be able to request and manage your own budget
- You will be encouraged to take risks, try new things, and be creative with your work
- You will have many opportunities to exchange and engage in feedback
- You will be offered continual chances to stretch yourself and raise your own bar
- You will be rewarded for achieving excellence and mastery
Dock is developing a decentralized solution in the verifiable claims space which we want to incrementally evolve into a full-fledged DAO in the Polkadot ecosystem.
Greenfield opportunity to take a front seat in the design and development of models and components for what we know will be a showcase Polkadot application. This is a full-time Rust opportunity.
This is a full-time Rust opportunity.
You will contribute to:
Design and architecture definition
Crypto- and Tokenomics solution design and implementation
Claims and Identity open standards advancement
Technical and non-technical publications
Polkadot Substrate, Ink!
OpenBadges, Blockcerts, Verifiable Credentials Data Model, Decentralized Identifiers (DIDs)
RDMS and NOSQL
Python, React, ES6
* AWS (and hopefully DFinity soon)
Live, breath, and dream decentralized
Able to work through, and implement from, white papers
Creative self-starter and continuous learner
Able to work remote first
Experienced Rust (2018 Edition) and wasm developer
Strong data structures and algorithm knowledge, especially consensus and cryptography algorithms
Minimum five years distributed and decentralized software development
Minimum one year Ethereum or similar
Nice to have:
Active open source contributor
Parity technology stack including clients and wallet(s)
Mainnet dApp development
Wallet experience including multisig
Cryptography expertise, especially with ECC, BLS, PRE, ZK
DAO design and implementation
AWS and Docker
With over 10,000 online merchants launching subscriptions and over 1,000,000 subscribers powered by ReCharge we're processing tens of millions of dollars in sales every week. Our mission ‘making repeat orders easier for everyone' began four years ago as a bootstrapped startup and today we're at the forefront of recurring billing software with over 100 remote-first employees around the globe.
As Product Manager you will be the key strategic and tactical link to ensure your cross functional feature focused engineering team delivers a world-class e-commerce product. Your focus will be delivering products to streamline the ability for merchants to sell and manage subscriptions along with making it easier for customers to manage their subscriptions.
We’re looking for teammates who are resourceful, dedicated, and passionate about solving challenging problems. This role is for someone who loves diving into the details while also keeping the big picture in mind. We need a creative and resourceful integrator who will actively listen for problems and then accelerate the team towards solving.
What You'll Bring
- Live by and champion our values: #ownership, #empathy, #simple-solutions.
- Create new products and features for merchants to sell and manage subscriptions along with making it easier for customers to manage their subscriptions.
- Work on a product feature team consisting of 5-7 teammates, consisting of software engineers, QA, and design.
- Write epics and detailed user stories for the engineering, QA, and design teams to fully understand the scope of functionality and business drivers, so they can estimate and deliver in a timely manner with high quality.
- Facilitate and work in 2 week sprints with daily stand-ups, bi-weekly grooming and planning sessions.
- Prioritize features and define requirements for successful delivery.
- Dive into the technical details to understand what is happening.
- Dig into details and figure things out from detailed business logic to a high level technical perspective.
- Turn high level ideas and requirements into technical specifications.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with all groups in the organization over the entire product development lifecycle from requirements gathering to release to rollout training.
- We're an agile, fast growing company and you'll get to do much more as the company grows.
- Typically, 5+ years of product management experience in a fast paced technology driven company (preferably SaaS)
- Track record of launching products rapidly on a SaaS platform with a large number of customers
- 3+ years experience working directly with software engineering teams
- Experience owning and delivering high-impact software products
- Ability to work autonomously with a balanced team approach, you don't need to wait for directions, but know when buy-in is critical
- Some light programming experience or general technical aptitude
- Ability to read if/else statements, JSON, and basic API documentation
- Motivated by finding ways to use process to produce results (not as an end unto itself)
- Dynamic problem solving skills and a love for figuring out solutions
- An entrepreneurial spirit and excited to work on complex problems at scale
- Ability to work remotely and desire to make an impact in a highly visible role
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
ReCharge Payments is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with our principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. ReCharge Payments prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
This position is remote based.
As a Support Operations Manager, you are responsible for being a technical expert in Zendesk system administration along with data and business process analysis. Additionally, you will need to be proficient across multiple other cloud-based application services. We are building world-class and industry-leading best practices to ensure our Support Engineers and Support Agents deliver unparalleled customer experiences. We are seeking a highly motivated Support Operations Manager who is organized, cool under pressure, a leader, and an innovative problem solver; someone with fantastic troubleshooting and analytical skills, well-rounded experience working in customer support or other operational roles, and is motivated by team as well as personal success. Your work mantra is to solve the problem, not the symptom.Responsibilities
- Hire, develop, and manage a team of specialists to complete projects focused on excellence in the operations of a global Support Engineering organization.
- Develop processes and execution strategy toward a Support Operations Roadmap to support the growth and scalability objectives of GitLab Support and contribute to a rolling 6-month plan in order to drive towards department and company wide initiatives.
- Own and drive projects to completion in agreement with relevant stakeholders in a cross-departmental function.
- Contribute to the administering all software systems used by GitLab’s Technical Support team (e.g. Zendesk Suite, GitLab, Slack, SFDC, Google groups, Insights/Explore, and GitLab internal systems) including user administration in accordance with written and audited security controls and configuration changes when needed.
- Develop processes to prioritize and implement configuration changes and feature deployments toward a common vision.
- Partner with coworkers, managers, and executives, as well as external partners to gather system requirements, understand business needs, and identify resources as necessary to ensure customer and employee success.
- Work with GitLab Support leadership, define workflows, practices, and standards to ensure that Support Engineers and Support Agents can deliver fast, reliable, and accurate customer support globally.
- Work with management to develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the systems and tools administered by the team; capture and report those KPIs regularly to confirm system health. Improve process and education around analysis and resolution of escalated customer and/or technical issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Drive towards becoming a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in product or process areas as needed.
- 3+ Years Customer Support or Operations experience required, preferably in a global organization.
- Zendesk Administrator or equivalent enterprise application system administration experience preferred with the ability to gain Zendesk Administrator Certification within 6 months of start date required.
- 3+ years experience managing and leading a team of people, including goal-setting and leading personal development.
- Experience implementing business processes, sufficient for regulatory and security compliance and working with auditors.
- Ability to use GitLab
- You share our values and work in accordance with those values.
- Demonstrated understanding of technical software support processes and concepts
- Experience in CRM or a related industry
- Familiarity with change management processes and risk control compliance
- Experience working on the Zendesk platform as an admin or developer
- Experience with enterprise integration tools
- Demonstrated leadership, analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills and the ability to act/decide accordingly.
- Ability to collect, synthesize, and research complex issues and diverse information.
- Exceptional customer service skills and the ability to plan organize and exercise sound judgment.
Support Operations support the global Support team to achieve the following performance indicators by ensuring we have the most efficient workflows through our applications;
- Average ticket resolution across the team
- Service Level Agreement
- Ticket deflection through docs search
Learn more about Leadership at GitLabHiring Process
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Selected candidates receive a short assessment from our Global Recruiters
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a 90 minute technical interview with a Support Engineering Manager
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a 30 minute behavioral interview with a Support Engineering Manager
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a 60 minute interview with the Director of Support
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.Compensation
The compensation for this role can be found here.Remote-TAMRemote-ATL